• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
skeleton-gamer-couch-ps4.png

fmt plz

CB3

I figured out the kicking meter. I no longer think its a glitch. Its just especially poorly explained, and could still prove problematic in games with a decent amount of latency.

TheCrow

So moon, miracle and crit are no longer on OG. Secret no longer has EE and might lose RTZ too. Things are about to get interesting.

TheCrow

Secret leftovers are OG bound to ruin that team too :(

Well, OG kicked moon so they "ruined" their team all by themselves. I'm not sure Notail will want to play with EE again. He's very emotional and EE isn't known to soften his critique. Hopefully we find out soon if Fear is retiring because that could mean EE or Miracle joins EG. Unless they want to try with RTZ again.

i talked to cb about kicking and i think people are having different issues. the issue i'm having isn't an accuracy issue but this:

https://www.twitch.tv/frenchmovietheme/v/85325074

go to 17:30. you see i hit in full strength AND it appears i get it within the box on the way back down.... but it cuts the power way down for some reason. as if the game saw me hit it in a different spot than i actually did

p.s.

www.twitch.tv/frenchmovietheme

going to play bowser

CB3

i talked to cb about kicking and i think people are having different issues. the issue i'm having isn't an accuracy issue but this:

https://www.twitch.tv/frenchmovietheme/v/85325074

I know what you're talking about. Ive seen it. I think its just rewinding and correcting itsself like you'd see in one of those GGPO fighters with latency. That might be an issue on its own, but im guessing you didnt actually "hit" the box.

Which I still think is a lesser problem seeing how I just had a perfect kicking game after I discovered how to do it.

CB3

So EA did away with the CFM website this year in favor for a phone app thats on the way. Daddyleague wont work until the app comes out, so we might be without that for a bit depending on the release date of the app.

Was watching replay of Bowers vs. FMT, blitzing looks effective and realistic this year.

A good pass rush is going to be killer against a bad o-line it looks. If it wasn't for the borked kicking, this looks like a really, really good madden this year.

Somnia

Was watching replay of Bowers vs. FMT, blitzing looks effective and realistic this year.

A good pass rush is going to be killer against a bad o-line it looks. If it wasn't for the borked kicking, this looks like a really, really good madden this year.

Even with a good oline a good pass rush will be effective. Bread was able to get some good pressure on me with the Rams dline, granted there were quite a few times I had awhile to pass, but I felt rushed a lot.

Kicking... if only CB would share his tips... or Bread he had no problem kicking either, you should have seen his punts.

DCX

DCX

This is very true. The added realism of the QB getting stripped sacked during a passing attempt vs the bs incomplete pass is huge.

You will have to eat sacks alot more this year than the past where we were trained to just attempt a throw knowing that it would be incomplete.

The zones work very well and now you have to be extremely careful in your throws. Tip drill is way to strong though but I figure it's there to combat the OP aggressive catch of last year.

The kicking is something that is game breaking right now but I am certain it will be fixed. I like the mechanic, the execution online is lacking. It could be day 1 overload like CB said but it's just as unplayable as it is in Rocket League with terrible lag.

Each game I played ended with one touchdown deciding the game. The defense is strong.

The running game is different especially learning how to double and turbo juke last season so I have to completely relearn that.
I did perform a vicious stiff arm tho, that was satisfying!

Lab time will be very valuable before we start!

DCX

Even with a good oline a good pass rush will be effective. Bread was able to get some good pressure on me with the Rams dline, granted there were quite a few times I had awhile to pass, but I felt rushed a lot.

Kicking... if only CB would share his tips... or Bread he had no problem kicking either, you should have seen his punts.

CBs method doesn't fix the issue I showed above

brentech

Ohhhh, y'all missing kicks cause when you do power you're trying to fill the bar and not stopping at the marker?
It's like a guy trying to hit a golf ball as hard as possible. Sometimes it works, sometimes it shanks.
Gotta hit in the zone for both power and accuracy to be truly accurate.

Bread

Banned

Nothin better than a good coffin corner, the one I hit to the 4 led to the pick 6 too. Hekker will be my MVP this year.

CB3

Ohhhh, y'all missing kicks cause when you do power you're trying to fill the bar and not stopping at the marker?
It's like a guy trying to hit a golf ball as hard as possible. Sometimes it works, sometimes it shanks.

ding ding ding.

You CAN go full power and still hit it in the sweep spot for accuracy but its hard. Im guessing thats how EA solved the problem with long field goals being too easy.

I was telling FMT last night im sure they will still change it to make it easier if people are still bitching. But I think its ok how it is now. Its just not especially straight forward in the way you'd expect from a madden kicking meter.

It's not an issue if you just do it right instead of doing it wrong. It's like saying in previous years that making the back and up swing on R3 crooked and shanking the kick was an "issue"

Lol what? Rewatch the video I posted. What did I do "wrong" that should cut the power of the kick by 20 yards?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Took about 5 hrs to update the stupid game yesterday, played some offline but it's not the same shit. I will be around 6-10 pm if anyone wants to play Madden or if Crimson wants to play dota.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

I can't speak for everyone but that's not my problem. I've only played 1 online game so far and that was against FMT but I tried a PAT and two field goals. On all of them I stopped the first button prompt within the range (just like in offline) and on my screen it looked like I hit the second button prompt when I was supposed to but displaying on screen it was hella late. It's a latency issue.

I've been having a lot of fun doing solo shit in MUT. I doubt I'm ever going to spend any real money in there but I can see now how it can become an obsessive game mode. This is the first time I've really given MUT much more than just a few minutes. I can see it's potential for sinking its teeth in me.

CB3

Guys, stop short of full power when you kick, and everything will be fine. Its not an issue, its a gameplay mechanic. I was having the same "issue" before I figured that out and proceeded to kick perfectly afterwards. Its exactly how brent said it is.

Just checked my Dota teammate stats. I'm at 50% with most of y'all. Above 50% with two:
+3 with FMT 56%
+2 with Bluemax 62.5%

Below 50% with 3:

-1 wellington
-3 with nightz my worst win percentage at 28.6%

And -9 with phee! But a 40% win percentage

You might be the only person this BlueMax chap has a winning DotA record with.

wait, that's the issue you guys were having? think the line was there for show?

Look at the video I posted above. I love fgs aren't auto but I want to know why sometimes your kick power gets cut by 20+ yards because you are slightly off on accuracy and other times you don't lose power.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hasn't this power/accuracy mechanic been in baseball games for over a decade with regards to pitching? Not sure why it is hard to understand.

Can someone explain why a team's scheme is listed a 4-3 yet the game has your depth chart looking like a 3-4? I just did a fantasy draft and the scheme said 4-3 so I drafted as such. Get to the depth chart web and it's got this 3-4 shit. So it makes me wonder if when simming games, how the game uses your players. And if you sim signings, the game should draft guys to fit said scheme but sometimes don't.

This has been a problem for years. Anyone who has messed around in offline might know what exactly I'm talking about.

CB3

Can someone explain why a team's scheme is listed a 4-3 yet the game has your depth chart looking like a 3-4? I just did a fantasy draft and the scheme said 4-3 so I drafted as such. Get to the depth chart web and it's got this 3-4 shit. So it makes me wonder if when simming games, how the game uses your players. And if you sim signings, the game should draft guys to fit said scheme but sometimes don't.

This has been a problem for years. Anyone who has messed around in offline might know what exactly I'm talking about.

How would a depth chart look like a 3-4 or a 4-3? It just lists positions.

I'm talking about the depth chart where you can see everybody, not the one where you use L2 to scroll past each position.

tjdefensem16.jpg

Like that. See how that looks like a 3-4? That's what happened to me. I didn't sim any games yet so I guess I'll find out how they use my guys but that's annoying.

DCX

DCX
I refuse to believe you're that dense. I will post it again.

tjdefensem16.jpg
I understand what you are saying and it could be a visual glitch. Just use the old depth chart way and second DT would be the starter in a 4-3.

Even in a "3-4" visual like the one you posted, second DT would start on a 4-3.

DCX

I understand what you are saying and it could be a visual glitch. Just use the old depth chart way and second DT would be the starter in a 4-3.

Even in a "3-4" visual like the one you posted, second DT would start on a 4-3.

DCX

I hope it's a visual glitch, I'll sim a season later and find out. I guess the biggest tell will be to check out the numbers on the #2 MLB and #2 DT. Still wonder what happens if you fire a coach and hire one with a different scheme and if the game recognizes that.

CB3

I refuse to believe you're that dense. I will post it again.

I never use that awful interface. Just use the actual depth chart menu. Regardless, the game will take the second DT in a 4-3, even in that god forsaken screen.

Top Bottom