• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official March NPD Thread (The story? PS3 = weak, SW sales = insane)

GBA WINS GBA WINS!

grudgematch.jpg

zander106

GBA >>> PS3!
Wii still supply-constrained.
DS owns all.

God of War 2 exceeded my expectations (I was thinking 750k).
Spectrobes? Really?

Mrbob

I'm saying holy shit at those X360 numbers.

Why did the X360 take such a huge nosedive?

Note to MS: Consumers not buying PS3s are not buying X360s. Drop your price.

Mojovonio

Banned
Mrbob said:

Sony and MS are killing next gen!

llTll

Banned
the way i see things.

from the last month sales:

PS3 sales increased
Xbox 360 Decreased.

all low over all

jimbo

Banned
Odysseus said:
holy crap @ 360

nice job, elite

That's exactly what I was thinking. I never understood why announce something like an SKU or a re-design so far in advance. They should just announce it the day it's available.

Never the less, next month should be prettty big for the 360.

I think we can guess why the 360 numbers a bit low; they'll obviously make them back in April.

Wii's supply is a real issue. DS is unstoppable. PS2 is amazing.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
The 360 has the Elite to blame for being 50k under expectations.

The PS3 has nothing. It got doubled by the PS2. They should have waited. It was supposed to be an exhibition! AN EXHIBITION!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Those Playstation 3 numbers are pathetic. Can someone post the X360 numbers from last year at the same time period?

dyls

No Tiger Woods Wii in the top ten surprises me. And Spectrobes DS in the seven spot is a shocker.

360 owners continue to be absolutely voracious. But the general public kees staying away. When was the last time the 360 was under 200K?

Odysseus

Banned
Mrbob said:

they announced a new sku with about a week and a half to go in the period

wouldn't surprise me if sales literally stopped right then as people started to wait for the new 360 to get

which means microsoft just raised the price of 360

MS really needs to consider making the play that most people think they should: drop current Premium to $299, drop current Core to $199, and drop Elite to $399. Seal PS3's fate in NA like Ninty's doing in Japan. **** waiting three or so months to do it. Start pushing numbers into the installed base now in anticipation of Halo 3/GTA IV/Mass Effect/etc. releases now instead of later. Screw some lost profit margin and go for the kill.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
MiamiWesker said:
Are there Wii shortages, what happend????

That's what everyone said, and it looks like they were right. I expect a monster April though.

Owzers

So now that we are done with "Motorstorm and VF5 will push PS3 sales" who wants to move onto Lair pushing PS3 sales?

rage1973

Thoser are some really bad numbers for all 3 consoles actually. PS3 is going to wind up less than 100k a month by next month at this rate.

mood

Looks like Home was a hit.

Wii could have pulled away so much further if it wasnt for the shortage.

Odysseus

Banned
MightyHedgehog said:
MS really needs to consider making the play that most people think they should: drop current Premium to $299, drop current Core to $199, and drop Elite.

fixed for truth

DJ Sl4m

college_boy said:
I said wow.

These types of posts aren't cute funny or fresh anymore, you aren't Wario64 and it was only funny a time or two.
To make things even worse are these numbers aren't even "wow" worthy.

With that being said, here was my prediction on another forum:
Wii: 275,000
X360: 215,000
PS3: 160,000

Anyone else here think that next NDP will see the 360 possibly outsell the Wii ?
The Elite preorders should be included in next month correct ?

JB1981

PS3 will be just fine with some new content and a price drop.

360 numbers fall below 200k after the success of Gears, Lost Planet, Crackdown and a slew of worthwhile releases - GRAW 2, MLB 2K7 and Guitar Hero 2. The Elite is a really, really dumb move. Thank God MS has Halo coming this fall. Things are about to get a lot more interesting.

And the Wii is mortal. Next-gen is just getting started.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
sonycowboy- are you taking software requests? Very curious about the EA Wii games, Tiger Woods especially.

Wii, 360, and PS3 see drops compared to last month. Wasn't March supposed to be some sort of rebound month from typically low February's?

Top Bottom