• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NHL Offseason Thread of LOL Leafs and other loser teams in memory of Manics

Status
Not open for further replies.

kassatsu

Banned
darkwings said:
do you ever stop talking about pens?
5l6hl1.gif

Alucard

Banned
darkwings said:
do you ever stop talking about pens?

They're the team I cheer for and pay the most attention to. If there is something else happening around the league that I'm interested in, I'll talk about it. Otherwise, most of my posts will be Penguins related, because they're the team I care most about.

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
darkwings said:
Out of 30 NHL teams there is like 90% pens, pens, pens

I hope they choke next year. I wouldnt mind seeing a canadian team win for the first time since 1993.

I can only speak for myself, but the reason I talk about the Pens so much is because I rooted for them since I was 6 years old. I wouldn't tell anyone else to stop talking about their team, why do you have a problem with us rooting for ours? Sheesh. :p

X26 said:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2009/08/20/sp-jose-theodore.html

Terrible, can't imagine how the guy's going to cope with it let alone play next season

Incredibly tragic... My thoughts go out to he and his family. I can only imagine the difficulty of enduring something like that.

Solo

Rapping Granny said:
So...Dany Heatly press conference tonight, he will be taking questions I believe.

Just an attempt to deflect the questions away from him when hes at Team Canada training camp next week.

Heatley's explanation of why he didn't go to Edmonton is f'ing hilarious

it's like telling a fat girl that you're not rejecting her because she's fat, but just because you want to see if there are any skinnier girls out there :lol

Manics

Banned
Mike Works said:

it's like telling a fat girl that you're not rejecting her because she's fat, but just because you want to see if there are any skinnier girls out there :lol
And a good reason that.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Mike Works said:

:lol :lol :lol

X26

Banned
You'd think Heatley would have become humble after (litterally) getting away with murder, but nope, still a giant douchebag

Alucard

Banned
Mike Works said:

I don't think he's doing himself any favours by acting like a giant douche at this point, either.

I hope Heatley's takes a huge nosedive this season after all this bullshit and spends the rest of his career playing for some no-name team in Poland.

Alucard

Banned
_leech_ said:
I hope Heatley's takes a huge nosedive this season after all this bullshit and spends the rest of his career playing for some no-name team in Poland.

I was born in Poland. :( Keep him away!

HeatleyPoland.jpg

Alucard said:
I was born in Poland. :( Keep him away!

I'm from Poland too .... keep that shmuck out of Poland please !

On topic- what an asshat.

He's been thinking about this for a long time but he sure didn't feel bad about signing that fat contract.

Did anyone tell him you EARN more responsabilities ? You don't just get them handed to you.

I think he just wants to be captain, and Alfie is still the guy for that.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Acid08

Banned
Plinko said:
SO much better than that joke of a list Sports Illustrated put out a few days ago.

I can't argue with much in this one. I don't see the Rangers that low or the Sharks that high, but other than that it's pretty good.
Eh, the Sharks still have one of the best, if not the best, defensive cores in the NHL. I think you'll see a regular season similar to last years. Playoffs though, LOL.

Listened to the conference live at work, and that press conference was hilarious, Dan from Ottawa Sun asked him about the Assitant Captain role and the response was gold.

luongo's agent stated that luongo wants to play the rest of his career in vancouver

pleaaaaaaase get a long term front-loaded contract gillis

Rapping Granny said:
Listened to the conference live at work, and that press conference was hilarious, Dan from Ottawa Sun asked him about the Assitant Captain role and the response was gold.

The reporter who started off with "Mr. Heatley" was fucking hilarious. Same with the one that said sorry he couldn't return Heatley's calls because it was a busy summer :lol

Mike Works said:

This is the perfect analogy :lol

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Mike Works said:
luongo's agent stated that luongo wants to play the rest of his career in vancouver

pleaaaaaaase get a long term front-loaded contract gillis
He's kind of expensive... :|

Alucard

Banned
Buba Big Guns said:
The reporter who started off with "Mr. Heatley" was fucking hilarious. Same with the one that said sorry he couldn't return Heatley's calls because it was a busy summer :lol

This is the perfect analogy :lol

Anywhere I can view the press conference in full, or hear the golden bits?

EDIT: Found it on NHL.com.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/podcastplayer.htm?pid=207&iid=14996&navid=DL|NHL|Home

Woodsy

Banned
Alucard said:
They're the team I cheer for and pay the most attention to. If there is something else happening around the league that I'm interested in, I'll talk about it. Otherwise, most of my posts will be Penguins related, because they're the team I care most about.

I'll be real interested to see what the Pens do next year. I don't think people appreciate just how awesome the Wings run has been the last 12 years since they won the Cup in 1997.

I watched Heatley and some other guys practice the other day at one of our local arenas. It always amazes me watching NHL- caliber players up close like that. The speed is astounding.

But yeah, Heatley comes across as a douche. It doesn't surprise me he spend his summers here in the doucheist city in Canada.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Woodsy said:
I'll be real interested to see what the Pens do next year. I don't think people appreciate just how awesome the Wings run has been the last 12 years since they won the Cup in 1997.

I'm a huge Wings fan but I'd argue that the Devils' run was just as impressive and even more largely ignored.

WOODRIDGE, Ill. -- Brian Burke walked past the weight room at the Air Canada Centre a few weeks ago and, for the first time, saw some tangible evidence of how the culture of the Maple Leafs is changing.

He counted 28 players working out in mid-July and Burke pulled a veteran aside and asked him how many would have been in the weight room a year ago last summer. The answer: Five.

Wow...the league is going to be running scared of the Leafs this season!

Marvie_3

Banned
Plinko said:
I'm a huge Wings fan but I'd argue that the Devils' run was just as impressive and even more largely ignored.
That's true. Even the Avs get mentioned more for their 2 titles than the Devils do for their 3.

ForzaItalia said:
Wow...the league is going to be running scared of the Leafs this season!
:lol

SA-X

Plinko said:
I'd say the Wings run has been more impressive. Didn't the Devils not even make the playoffs the year after they first won the Cup? Whereas the Wings have finished top 5 every year since '95.

Which isn't too say that the Devils run hasn't been awesome, just that the Wing's run is better. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom