• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Smashing Pumpkins thread

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Yeah, don't care if they don't really make any more plans, I'm just happy that they don't hate each other.

Curufinwe

I went to the Philly show. Highlights for me were Mary SotS, Whir and Spaceboy. Sadly I didn't record Spaceboy as I was conserving battery and it's not a favorite of mine, but it was really powerful live. Saturnine was too, but I got that one. Billy seemed really into it.

I never really liked Stand Inside Your Love but the duet version was very nice. And the new bass player/singer is really cute.

james obviously showed up for the chicago shows (its on youtube) and it was another great performance. one thing i notice in watching some of the performances on this tour is not only does the band sound really good, but corgans vocals sound really good to me. obviously not mid-90's corgan but it just sounds much better than the last couple tours. not sure why he can't replicate it on an album anymore though....

there is a real chance to SP to release another good album, i know it, but corgan needs to stop fucking around in studio and just make an album that sounds like the pumpkins instead of trying all this other bullshit (fucking run2me...). pls billy

http://www.alternativenation.net/smashing-pumpkins-darcy-wretzky-is-clean-playing-bass-again/

Original Smashing Pumpkins bassist D’arcy Wretzky’s boyfriend Patrick recently posted the first updates on D’arcy in several years on a Facebook Smashing Pumpkins group. The news is good: D’arcy is clean, healthy, and playing music again.

“I would like to say that D’arcy is not on drugs. As her boyfriend of four years I would not be with someone who is on drugs. She is healthy, mentally and physically. Last night when I came home from work she was with several other musicians who were over and she was playing bass and having a great time with it, after she was done playing we all ate sushi and had a great time. She was smiling all night, and that’s great to see.”

billy pls

Curufinwe

I saw one of his recent FB chats and I think people were spamming "what about D'arcy?" in the chat and he said: "Love D'arcy, but we're not talking about D'arcy today".

I saw one of his recent FB chats and I think people were spamming "what about D'arcy?" in the chat and he said: "Love D'arcy, but we're not talking about D'arcy today".

How about the Machina reissue? He won't even talk about that or allow questions at the VIPs about it. It was supposed to be out in 2013.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Looks like Billy wished D'arcy happy birthday and said he was glad she's doing good these days in a FB post...baby steps, I guess.

Oreoleo

The Jimmy Chamberlin Complex dropped a new track on Friday, some 12 years later.

I've always been a big fan, but it may not be up to everyone's taste.

Ah, I forgot to post this the other day. I think it's a great track!

Hopefully they tour for the album after it comes out. Got to see the JCC at a super small venue back in '05, nothing like what SP would play at. It's a great change of pace to see Jimmy in a more intimate setting like that.

Macam

Banned
Ah, I forgot to post this the other day. I think it's a great track!

Hopefully they tour for the album after it comes out. Got to see the JCC at a super small venue back in '05, nothing like what SP would play at. It's a great change of pace to see Jimmy in a more intimate setting like that.

Well, let's see if an album comes out first;-)

He just wrapped up the SP tour, and was doing some work Frank Catalano, so I imagine he'll take some downtime, and work on the album (if it exists) or go back to OneLive or whatever for a bit. I'd absolutely love to see them play though.

Diablos

Lots of stuff happening lately it seems.

All I know is this new song, Amaranthine, is pretty amazing. So melodic and nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX5KawmmnZw

The Jimmy Chamberlin Complex dropped a new track on Friday, some 12 years later.

I've always been a big fan, but it may not be up to everyone's taste.
This is fucking great. Not even 4,000 views? What is the world coming to

edit: As I keep listening this is beyond great, this is one of the coolest things I've heard in quite some time. Holy shit.

mattiewheels

I really do want to see what he had planned for putting Machina and Machina II together. A possible new mix of all those songs is something I'm so excited to hear. Why does it seem like it'll never happen now?

Curufinwe

It would be cool, but I don't think adding Darcy is gonna make them sound any better than the last two tours where they had Jimmy (and James for a few shows.)

I'm much more interested in when the Machina reissue will happen and if he will ever put out studio versions of non-MSotS songs from the Zwan era.

It would be cool, but I don't think adding Darcy is gonna make them sound any better than the last two tours where they had Jimmy (and James for a few shows.)

I'm much more interested in when the Machina reissue will happen and if he will ever put out studio versions of non-MSotS songs from the Zwan era.

perhaps not, but if a successful tour leads to new music with the entire band i would be much more confident in the music. darcy was never some type of dynamo bassist but she has an ear for good music and how the pumpkins should sound

“Well last time I said anything about SP news, it turned into a big story about how the band was reuniting, so I guess I’ll just let people read my facial ticks,” Corgan said (via Alternative Nation). “Is the band reuniting? I don’t know, but definitely making plans for next year, definitely making plans to tour next year under the name Smashing Pumpkins. Who will be on stage? We shall see. (Makes facial tick) There’s my tick.”

“Call me crazy, but I am getting a hankering to starting writing rock and roll music again,” Corgan added. “I find myself obsessing on riffs in my head. I would say if I was going to make an album of SP music again, it would probably be somewhere between Gish and Siamese Dream type styles. I think I’m ready to get back to big riffs, big choruses. So I guess I have to get Jimmy Chamberlin on the phone (makes facial tick), there’s another tick, and maybe some other people (makes facial tick) who used to be in the band.”

billy pls... gish + siamese dream motherfucker you know you can't write like that anymore

Top Bottom