• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Is this real?
Lol

One Piece Kabuki?

Oh yeah it's real.

$

evil.jpg

It's allegedly very popular.

LotusHD

Banned
Yay, the title.

---

I think Pudding would've won before that chapter happened, now I actually dunno what the fandom overall thinks lol

LotusHD

Banned
Which one

Actually it's two chapters that crossed my mind after posting that.

First is the deception reveal chapter. Pudding was cute and all, but uhh, Carrot's a potential Straw Hat member and what not, and is adorable, so I assume she'd probably win before that chapter. After the reveal, you got people really pissed about it, like on Tumblr and what not (Because no more shipping I guess), and you got people like us, who thought it made her so much more lively. Regarding, the reveal undeniably made her far more interesting, so she'd easily beat Carrot at that point.

Now you got what Ray said, Ch. 862, where that whole image of her being this cold-hearted gets sort of thrown into flux, with some people being very disappointed that she hesitated in such a cliche/lame way, and then on top of that seems to now be legitimately into Sanji despite previously saying men are idiots and mocking him savagely.

So hypothetical Splatfest aside, I wonder if the majority still like her or not. I mean, they probably do, but it feels more mixed since then.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pearl has grown on me, she's pretty damn hilarious in the demo so far.

I still think they should give Pearl all of the more popular opinions in the Splatfests to see if that evens things out.

Early on the internet reaction was so lopsided that Pearl could be repping puppies and Marina could have Nazis and Marina would win every time.

BHK3

Banned
I'm getting Enies Lobby vibes but it's in reverse, their gonna escape and get separated somehow and everyone will get 1v1 fights :D

Also think BM's out of the picture for a few chapters, she's having her mood swing thing going and is gonna go beserk in the other direction while her kids fight the strawhats.

Forgot to bring this up last chapter, but I'm surprised Mom actually used Haki against a Gear 4th attack, with her brute strength I woulda thought she only used Haki in serious situations. Guess she's either weaker than I thought or Gear 4th is still just that strong even with a tired Luffy. I wanna say I'm overanalyzing. Though she was in a beserk state as a kid, she was still tossing around Giants, what need does she have for Armament Haki? Kaido will probably be the one to never be shown using Haki though in this case.

This reminds me of when Cell died but came back in DBZ, he shoots trunks and Vegeta goes mad. Despite Cell himself claiming he came back stronger, he still braces himself for Vegetas barrage and has a serious face on, either out of respect or actual worry.

LotusHD

Banned
I feel like you're overthinking. Big Mom should be much stronger than Luffy at this point, but damn, we don't want Gear 4 to be that ineffective lmao (That said, it wasn't his best known attack, but still...)

Regardless, she still pretty much brushed it off, but her use of Haki imo helps to tell the audience that she isn't completely insurmountable, that Gear 4 is that strong, but he needs to come up with some new techniques or something if he hopes to ever beat a Yonko.

That said, I am loving how they're conveying that how much further he needs to improve. He barely beat Doffy with it, only beat Cracker due to Nami helping, and Big Mom pretty much tanked it. It all helps the eventual Kaido fight feel less and less like BS for Luffy's presumed victory.

If you look at the latest chapter and the anime, the submarine can't be that far from where they're at and decided to split. Don't let me down for once anime. Don't let me down.

OJSHpVa.png

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
If you look at the latest chapter and the anime, the submarine can't be that far from where they're at and decided to split. Don't let me down for once anime. Don't let me down.

OJSHpVa.png
I love the maps in One Piece. Watching where all the different groups are, the recap showing their movement across the island, it's all so good. A little part of One Piece that really fits with the pirate theme (maps looking for treasure/etc)

Ray Down

Banned
The anime will let you down, it lets everyone down.

Spines:
DEset2a_W0_AEU-0f.jpg
1500034800861.jpg

Sanji and Pudding is the nromal spine, while Luffy one is the dustcover.

LotusHD

Banned
I've really enjoyed the anime since they left Dressrosa. Even the stuff they used to extend Zou and the filler.

I haven't fast-forwarded through scenes in quite awhile, madness I tell you. I mean, the padding is still there, but for some reason I'm fine with it again.

People are having serious debates over the power level implications of the Big Mom Pirates worrying about dying while Whole Cake was falling...

Top Bottom