• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Big One

Banned
One piece live action series budget is reported to be 9-10 mil per episode wth is happening isn't that game of thrones tier
I still dunno how it's gonna work. The ONLY way I see it working is if they're able to pull off a MCU thing where it's goofy and cool at the same time. It can be done, but man is it gonna take a shitload of money for it.

Beautiful looking chapter, art was on point this week.

I wonder if Pedro knew that Pumpkin...person? Looked creepy.

Fuck yeah Brook and Chopper not standing down.

As soon as Shanks gets wind of Barto burning his flag for Luffy's, I think he'll just laugh and continue protecting the area anyway, or else force Barto to. Either way, that's a ballsy as hell move and I love it.

Nami and Zeus gave Big Mom a direct hit. There's nothing about that I don't love.

Chopper finally going to get a decent fight against the Big Mom pirates? Good. He hasn't had much time to shine this arc after Brulee.

I don't like Pudding. I've never liked her character archetype and I really hope she doesn't stick around after this arc. Sorry guys, I know that's blasphemy around these parts.

Majukun

One piece live action series budget is reported to be 9-10 mil per episode wth is happening isn't that game of thrones tier

source? because last time i checked they only said that it would rank around the highest tv show budgets in the world..and that's why people hypothesized a got tier budget per episode

Majukun

hmm,seems like the only data reported there is the initial announcement..i think it's how i thought..they read that in the announcement they said it will be one of (if not the) costlier tv series today and they just translated it to "as much as got"...which would be true if the initial statement is not exaggerated..but i don't think they already set on a budget

daveo42

Banned
Bart killing it this week.
Brook and Chopper not backing down, though I didn't expect they would.
Nami can be clutch when she needs to be, though I wish Oda utilized her and Robin a bit more in combat.
We might finally get to see whether Pudding finally did an actual heel turn or not next week, so we can finally put this to rest.

What in the fuck?! I know OP is popular globally, but that's a ludicrous amount of to spend in the United States for series that isn't as popular here as something like Naruto or even DBZ. And to put this in perspective, the budget for Dragonball Evolution was $30mil.

Lunar15

Lmao, I love Bartolomeo.

Also, Nami was rad this chapter. No idea what's going on with Pudding. Why do I feel like so many one piece chapters are about constantly running?

Nami was absolutely brilliant, not even luffy has managed to hurt Big Mom and she did it. Props to Oda for that.

Love the Chopper and Brook moment, this crew is the shiiiit.

And evil Pudding again <3

caliph95

She's looks like she would be winded for at least a minute probably just enough time for them to escape

She still tanked an attack that seems like a thunder nuke

Bart, boi, you playing with something you nowhere near ready for lol.

Nami putting in work this arc. She saved Luffy from an ass whupping and she is bailing them out from Yonkou and company. Love it. Big Mama ain't gonna be too phased though.

Respect Chiffon for what she said. She a real one speaking the truth like that.

I wonder how they are going to deal with those on their ship in time enough when Big Mama is going to be recovering very quickly.

lol at Pudding.

LotusHD

Banned
Nami is a fucking beast. Also this chapter basically confirms that Zeus is exactly like Big Mom when it comes to food, hence the whole disobeying her.

Also that OP budget is crazy, but don't fall for it guys!

Also hype, Brook and Chopper are about to fight. And Pudding was there, and also...
Carrot did a thing.

This arc is easily the best one since Marineford, everyone's getting their chance to shine here.

Neat transition:

16kkoqf.png

Fuck yeah:

Also, was it just me or did the panels feel a bit more focused this chapter than usual? It was still detailed of course but most of the panels focused on medium shots of the characters and even used little character portraits for speech bubbles so the manga wouldn't cut between establishing shots and characters talking.

dan2026

I can see Chopper and Brook taking down Perospero and his men, but they have no chance against Katakuri.
Also amazing that Nami is the only one to do any damage at all to Big Mom.

LotusHD

Banned
Neat transition:

Fuck yeah:

Also, was it just me or did the panels feel a bit more focused this chapter than usual? It was still detailed of course but most of the panels focused on medium shots of the characters and even used little character portraits for speech bubbles so the manga wouldn't cut between establishing shots and characters talking.

Yea I loved that transition, nice touch.

I can see Chopper and Brook taking down Perospero and his men, but they have no chance against Katakuri.
Also amazing that Nami is the only one to do any damage at all to Big Mom.

Have faith in them lmao

Also yea, if you told me that Nami of all people would be the one to injure Big Mom, I would've never believed you.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Nami, fuck yeah! That felt so good!

I have absolutely no idea what's going on with Pudding in that last panel.

Ray Down

Banned
Hope Chopper does more next cause out of all the strawhats here he gotten the least amount of shine.

Nami, fuck yeah! That felt so good!

I have absolutely no idea what's going on with Pudding in that last panel.

Which translation are you reading?

In Jaimebox (which tends to be alot more accurate and close to the original and Viz) Pudding all love like when she sees Sanji-san with hearts and all and corrects herself to sound less in love and Chiffon reacts in a bit of a gag. It also has Doki Doki &#12489;&#12461;&#12489;&#12461; which means her heart is beating and this is only really used in love stories and where a person is scared.

Seems like Pudding is in love but is unable to admit it, so she dere like.

Kreed

One Piece 875:

Nami having just the right abilities to pull off that attack this chapter with Zeus summarizes my feelings on this entire arc right now. With the last arc and the different set of Straw Hats, you mostly had the Straw Hats overpowering their opponents to be successful alongside Law/the others. In this arc, it's mostly been the right Straw Hats with the right abilities being in the right places, from Brooke and Big Mom, to Nami and her Vivie card, etc... Different sets of Straw Hats, different ways of showcasing "strengths".

LotusHD

Banned
One Piece 875:

Nami having just the right abilities to pull off that attack this chapter with Zeus summarizes my feelings on this entire arc right now. With the last arc and the different set of Straw Hats, you mostly had the Straw Hats overpowering their opponents to be successful alongside Law/the others. In this arc, it's mostly been the right Straw Hats with the right abilities being in the right places, from Brooke and Big Mom, to Nami and her Vivie card, etc... Different sets of Straw Hats, different ways of showcasing "strengths".

Is... is that good? You said it summarized your feelings, but I don't know what your feelings are lol

Is... is that good? You said it summarized your feelings, but I don't know what your feelings are lol

It's good to me. The strawhats in this arc barring Sanji and Jinbe aren't exactly the heaviest hitters in the first place. Oda using their abilities for the right scenarios rather than just make them support characters like Robin last arc is much more entertaining in the long run.

I'm honestly not very shocked Bartolomeo didn't give a shit about Shanks' flag. I do wonder if this is going to draw the attention of the Red Hair crew or one of their allies though. This honestly doesn't seem like something Shanks would be angry about.

Nami was the MVP once again. I sincerely doubt Big Mom is injured but she definitely is slowed down. Since Haki doesn't really work on Zeus and water just seems to slow him down I guess Brook really is the only one who can injure them permanently. I wonder if the final fight against Big Mom is going to be a team up then sometime in the future?

I honestly have no idea what's going on with Pudding unless Oda is trying to turn her into some tsundere type character. Chiffon raised a death flag for herself but it doubt Oda would kill her off even though this arc has featured several deaths already.

All in all, this was a really solid chapter.

Edit: Oh, that pumpkin guy that Pedro noticed is probably Zepo, the guy who's soul was stolen by Big Mom in his backstory.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I bet Pudding's got straight-up dual personalities. Basically evil third eye showing is evil Pudding, hair hiding it is sweet. Will be interesting to learn anything about that eye, and if it contributes actively to that.

NSESN

I bet Pudding's got straight-up dual personalities. Basically evil third eye showing is evil Pudding, hair hiding it is sweet. Will be interesting to learn anything about that eye, and if it contributes actively to that.

I get that too. She seems worried about Sanji, but it also looks like she would try to kill him at any moment.

LotusHD

Banned
It's good to me. The strawhats in this arc barring Sanji and Jinbe aren't exactly the heaviest hitters in the first place. Oda using their abilities for the right scenarios rather than just make them support characters like Robin last arc is much more entertaining in the long run.

I'm honestly not very shocked Bartolomeo didn't give a shit about Shanks' flag. I do wonder if this is going to draw the attention of the Red Hair crew or one of their allies though. This honestly doesn't seem like something Shanks would be angry about.

Nami was the MVP once again. I sincerely doubt Big Mom is injured but she definitely is slowed down. Since Haki doesn't really work on Zeus and water just seems to slow him down I guess Brook really is the only one who can injure them permanently. I wonder if the final fight against Big Mom is going to be a team up then sometime in the future?

I honestly have no idea what's going on with Pudding unless Oda is trying to turn her into some tsundere type character. Chiffon raised a death flag for herself but it doubt Oda would kill her off even though this arc has featured several deaths already.

All in all, this was a really solid chapter.

Heh, Nami basically did both support and be in the right place at the right time. Helped Luffy beat Cracker, and now this. I used to think it'd be blasphemy for someone like Nami to hit someone as strong as Big Mom, but it makes a lot of sense here. Also it's a long-range attack, so she's fine anyhow. Also for Brook, we assumed that it was his soul-related powers, but an ice attack (Although I guess that is also soul-related) may be the simplest answer as to how he injured Prometheus. Speaking of which, we saw Prometheus shrug off several attacks. And King Baum has been tanking everything; seems like it's safe to say that it's pretty hard to kill a Homie. I still wonder though if Homies are like Chimera Ants from HxH, where it matters who you take the soul from, like if King Baum's soul belonged to someone that was formidable.

As for Barto, he's a terrible fanboy, he didn't even know Luffy had two brothers! I don't think Shanks will reprimand him... but that's Shanks. Someone else on his crew might feel differently...

I don't entirely know how the whole Pudding thing will end either, but it continues to be fascinating to read.

Yup

IamaEen.png

Turns out this is more literally true than expected.

Lmao I guess so

GhostBed

Brook held his own in a one V one with big mom; surely he can do well against Katakuri. Maybe not beat him, but he can certainly wound him and buy everyone some time.

Top Bottom