• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Kornflayx

Reading the cover story:

C7S0ouqVAAANACj.jpg

Anteater

hmm Katakuri is on Sunny right?

I think best thing about this chapter is the cover story lol

i wonder how much damage Big Mom took from that lightning tho

I'm starting to get annoyed with Pudding. Just come out and say she has split personality disorder and quit playing us.

I thought the chapter was just okay, to be honest. Only worthwhile moments were Nami breaking that huge lightning bolt and Barto burning Shanks' flag (youknowyoudunfuckedupright.gif)

Anteater

Heh that kid got balls

Eh leave him alone he earned it

It'd escalate Luffy to Yonko status without him taking out any of them, and everyone would be after him, and to show the new world that he has a fleet, I think it can happen because Shanks probably don't give a shit lol

Won't be the best look if she gets too injured by it.

i hope she does take some damage, would be the best thing Oda does for Nami, it's the most damage we've seen Big Mom taking

Ogodei

One piece live action series budget is reported to be 9-10 mil per episode wth is happening isn't that game of thrones tier

It needs that for the special effects and sets requirements (ships and sea travel).

Came by to post because i had really obvious realization about why Robin's skin color changed after 2Y, which i always thought was a random design fluke: when introduced, she'd been living in a desert country for several years, and the time between Alabasta and Sabody was not long enough for the tan to go away.

Of course, her skin color even in flashbacks was pretty consistent in the anime, but the anime also stuck with her initial blue eye color after Oda later changed it to brown.

Euphony

Banned
Pudding is all tsundere not dual imo.

I'm more convinced she's yandere over tsundere from what we've seen. Instead of just being cold and mean to Sanji, Pudding goes a step beyond with her thoughts of hurting or killing him.

Regardless of what she actually is, I agree with Ray in that I think it's more likely she's fitting the harsh exterior and soft interior X-dere trope and not that she's split personality.

Came by to post because i had really obvious realization about why Robin's skin color changed after 2Y, which i always thought was a random design fluke: when introduced, she'd been living in a desert country for several years, and the time between Alabasta and Sabody was not long enough for the tan to go away.

Of course, her skin color even in flashbacks was pretty consistent in the anime, but the anime also stuck with her initial blue eye color after Oda later changed it to brown.

The correct answer is that the anime staff changed it to be more consistent with how her skin tone is portrayed in the manga. It was a gradual change that started post-Sabaody right around the time after Strong World. You can first see the shift when she's sent to Tequila Wolf

Ray Down

Banned
Finished Knack and got an OP chapter today, what a day so far.

I'm more convinced she's yandere over tsundere from what we've seen. Instead of just being cold and mean to Sanji, Pudding goes a step beyond with her thoughts of hurting or killing him.

Regardless of what she actually is, I agree with Ray in that I think it's more likely she's fitting the harsh exterior and soft interior X-dere trope and not that she's split personality.

Pretty much agreed more or less.

I really love Bege's characterization in this arc. He cares a lot for Chiffon's safety. 😩
Chiffon is pretty cool herself. Admirable just like Lola.

caliph95

Too out there for FX their series while funny tend to be grounded even stuff like The Americans, spy show

It may fit with cw since they do genre stuff but too expensive for them 8 bet and expect a love triangle between Zolo Sanji and nami plus secrets dividing the crew

HBO has the budget but doesn't fit with them I don't think too goofy

Sci fy seems to be trying nowadays

LotusHD

Banned
I really love Bege's characterization in this arc. He cares a lot for Chiffon's safety. 😩
Chiffon is pretty cool herself. Admirable just like Lola.

Yep, best couple in One Piece

Too out there for FX their series while funny tend to be grounded even stuff like The Americans, spy show

It may fit with cw since they do genre stuff but too expensive for them 8 bet and expect a love triangle between Zolo Sanji and nami plus secrets

HBO has the budget but doesn't fit with them I don't think too goofy

Sci fy seems to be trying nowadays

FX had Legion, which had some pretty wacky stuff...

Yep, best couple in One Piece

I....agree? Probably the first time Oda has given real attention to a canon couple in the manga.

And yeah HBO has some sort of deal to air Sesame Street on there network.

I was right then. Which means HBO is open to having diverse programming targeted to multiple age groups.
Live-action One Piece on HBO wouldn't have to be full of violence and sex like GoT.

One Piece doesn't exactly have content that most networks would consider for a younger demo.

If anything, a version for a younger demo would be cheaper and even more sanitized than the source material.

caliph95

One Piece doesn't exactly have content that most networks would consider for a younger demo.

If anything, a version for a younger demo would be cheaper and even more sanitized than the source material.
Which is why i don't care for a live action

Maybe an inspired show could work so they can take pirates with super powers and do whatever they want

Lunar15

I'm not convinced the show is even going to happen. Doesn't the guy behind this also own the rights to Cowboy Bebop, which he's done nothing with?

Top Bottom