• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Ogodei

Y'all need to watch Madoka Magica if only just so you guys can experience the movie sequel to it. Shit was wild.

I did watch Madoka back in 2012, but never touched Rebellion. I liked how Madoka ended and heard enough about where Rebellion went that it seemed counterproductive.

LotusHD

Banned
Jojo part 2 spoilers
Being stuck in space so long your mind just stops working is a scary thought (to me anyways).

It usually is just weird/gross though.

That's your example? It's a crappy way to go, but that's pretty tame compared to the other crazy shit that goes down lol

Ogodei

The part i remember from Jojo
is when one of the stone men got inside Von Stroheim and sort of grew from the inside out...

It can be pretty brutal, it's just not particularly realistic about it.

Euphony

Banned
I never found JoJo horrifying, but some parts can get pretty gruesome and/or bleak. A good example of a gruesome part would be in Part 5 when
Doppio got messed up by Metallica by creating needles and razors in his body
. I don't want to mention any of the bleak stuff because the only ones I can think of are major spoiler moments and I don't want to risk ruining them for others.

Also yay I'm a full member now!

Ray Down

Banned
I never found JoJo horrifying, but some parts can get pretty gruesome and/or bleak. A good example of a gruesome part would be in Part 5 when
Doppio got messed up by Metallica by creating needles and razors in his body
. I don't want to mention any of the bleak stuff because the only ones I can think of are major spoiler moments and I don't want to risk ruining them for others.

Also yay I'm a full member now!

tumblr_mjhgynG4Qe1r9j9xbo10_250.gif

Ogodei

For the crewmembers who have gotten a lot of one-on-one fights (so probably excluding Robin and Brook for too small of a sample size), who do you think's been the best opponent for each of them?

For me: Luffy -> Rob Lucci
Zoro -> Daz Bones
Nami -> Miss Doublefinger
Usopp -> Perona
Chopper -> Gedatsu
Sanji -> Jyabura
Franky -> Senor Pink

NSESN

For the crewmembers who have gotten a lot of one-on-one fights (so probably excluding Robin and Brook for too small of a sample size), who do you think's been the best opponent for each of them?

For me: Luffy -> Rob Lucci
Zoro -> Daz Bones
Nami -> Miss Doublefinger
Usopp -> Perona
Chopper -> Gedatsu
Sanji -> Jyabura
Franky -> Senor Pink

Same here except for Nami and Sanji. I don't enjoy any Nami fight and Sanji vs Bon Kurei is a a classic.

I like all Luffy fights so it's hard to choose, but while liking Luffy vs Crocodile more in the anime, the anime (I can't believe I am praising the anime) made me like the Lucci fight more.

LotusHD

Banned
Same here except for Nami and Sanji. I don't enjoy any Nami fight and Sanji vs Bon Kurei is a a classic.

I like all Luffy fights so it's hard to choose, but while liking Luffy vs Crocodile more in the anime, the anime (I can't believe I am praising the anime) made me like the Lucci fight more.

The anime wasn't garbage just yet, we understand.

LotusHD

Banned
I do wonder, where do people personally think the anime really crossed the line into just being unbearable, whether for the amount of padding or the inconsistency in animation?

It was probably definitively after Enies Lobby, so Thriller Bark and onwards I guess though I hear people say that even Enies Lobby was long as hell. Too lazy to ever go back and confirm, so I just say that it began to shit the bed after that arc. That said, I only found it painful to continue once I actually caught up. Otherwise, it's just more episodes to binge.

That said, it got worse, with Dressrosa being the worst offender due to how long the arc is.

Euphony

Banned
I watched the anime up until Dressrosa and then I switched to reading the manga and I didn't really notice it getting bad until after the timeskip. Fishman Island in particular felt like it dragged on way too long. That's when I really noticed the animation quality taking a nosedive too. It may have happened long before that but that's when I started noticing everything.

NSESN

I watched until Water 7, that's when thigns started getting unbearable to me. I did, however, watch all Luffy fights (I watched Zoro vs Monet too).

LotusHD

Banned
More or less learning that Pica really wasn't much of a threat to him, Zoro just needed to find him.

On a sidenote, it was also slightly disappointing that Zoro's plan to fly involved someone else.

Veelk

Banned
I await the day Luffy beats Akainu until he's coughing up teeth. Then proceeds to make him go from snaggletooth to gums in five seconds flat.

Worst case scenerio, Akainu just forms some molten teeth and waits for it cool. Akoiji manages it with an ice leg. Mutilating Logia's, atleast ones that form solid objects, seems like it's more trouble than it's worth.

Euphony

Banned
How about worse fights in OP?

I wasn't really a big fan of the Luffy vs Foxy fight. For the final battle of an arc, nothing outstanding happened and it just fell flat for me. Even after I went back and read most of the series I still feel the same way. Honestly the whole Davy Back Fight arc just seems like filler to me.

Ray Down

Banned
Toei confounds the mind with what they don't bother to animate at this.

Cover pages, nope, try to make some extended story out of Cross Epoch...nope!

Ray Down

Banned
Like really, just so they can sell merchandise or dvd sales or what have you, just make an extended special out of Cross Epoch.

Maybe to much work for them to bother...

Ray Down

Banned
Which just work out great....Toriko went to be a series that Jump clearly failed to make it catch on to the likes of Bleach or Naruto!

Top Bottom