• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 announced for North America, coming to PS3, Vita, PS4, PC

The character models look pretty damn great! The effects as well look pretty damn awesome.

This is pretty awesome. Can't wait until they do Dyansty Warriors 9 for PS4. I wanna see how awesome that will look.

Even Generic Colosseum Participant #36 who got defeated in three seconds by one of the major characters?

Was there someone like that? Because everyone that got a name has been pretty active in this arc.

Hell, Sai, who I thought was basically nameless and generic, just came one of my favorite characters in this battle.

Was there someone like that? Because everyone that got a name has been pretty active in this arc.

Hell, Sai, who I thought was basically nameless and generic, just came one of my favorite characters in this battle.

Yeah of course, there's always tons of nameless fodder. I'm not talking about the characters who got a name. I was just making a joke about the standard useless enemies who are there just for the sake of being defeated.

Reknoc

If Ucy isn't a mount in game then I think Omega Force need to take a time out and really think on what they've done.

Yeah of course, there's always tons of nameless fodder. I'm not talking about the characters who got a name. I was just making a joke about the standard useless enemies who are there just for the sake of being defeated.

I don't recall the Coliseum having much of that as the whole thing felt like Oda's "here's a bunch of characters I made but will never get around to using" moment. But hey, the bad Wii games let you play as grunts and so did Gundam Warriors!

Most definitely. It's better this way anyhow.

How is sub-only better than the option of dual audio?

That looked really cool. I would like to see a One Piece game made by CC2.

superman-dad-death-reaction-Kevin-Costner-1387241798Q.gif

Ryukishi

Banned
I love nothing more than One Piece but it's so fucking absurd that Sabo STILL has his hat and, what's actually much weirder, still uses a freaking metal pipe. I must say this minor thing actually kinda annoys me and affects my love for this manga negatively.

Jaroof

I love nothing more than One Piece but it's so fucking absurd that Sabo STILL has his hat and, what's actually much weirder, still uses a freaking metal pipe.

What's so weird about it?
Luffy still has his hat.. though, it did have to be fixed at a certain point.

Tizoc

Sabo has been in every trailer for this game so far.

"dat DLC"? What DLC?

Come on past PW games had DLC, so this one will follow suit too, as the Vita can only allow for 1 account, i can't use US PSN DLC with an EU copy of the game.
...and yes I've known he was shown on the trailers.

Ryukishi

Banned
What's so weird about it?
Luffy still has his hat.. though, it did have to be fixed at a certain point.

That's because it was a gift and means everything to him. The bigger problem is the metal pipe, though.

That's just too weird for me. I know it's a manga, a manga with people living inside whales, people throwing buldings and generally having supernatural powers and abilities, and I'm not talking about not liking illogical things or fucked up physics in my manga, but this is about characters and their decisions. I want to comprehend their decisions and Sabo seems to be one of the more down to earth characters in the world. His hat and his weapon are gimmicky traits to make him resemble his child form. It feels forced as all fuck and complements the other weird things and flaws of the second half so far.

Come on past PW games had DLC, so this one will follow suit too, as the Vita can only allow for 1 account, i can't use US PSN DLC with an EU copy of the game.
...and yes I've known he was shown on the trailers.

The past PW games had horrible DLC that no one cared for. No new characters, no new stages, no nothing. Just ridiculously expensive costumes and recycled challenges. Hopefully things will be different this time.

Jaroof

That's because it was a gift and means everything to him. The bigger problem is the metal pipe, though.

That's just too weird for me. I know it's a manga, a manga with people living inside whales, people throwing buldings and generally having supernatural powers and abilities, and I'm not talking about not liking illogical things or fucked up physics in my manga, but this is about characters and their decisions. I want to comprehend their decisions and Sabo seems to be one of the more down to earth characters in the world. His hat and his weapon are gimmicky traits to make him resemble his child form. It feels forced as all fuck and complements the other weird things and flaws of the second half so far.

Yeah, but he was always wearing it as a kid, so why wouldn't he continue wearing it?
As for the pipe - he could have specialized in using pipes as a weapon, so he got a new pipe as an adult.
Would you have been okay with it if he changed his weapon to a sword?

On topic: I can't wait for this game!!!!
Buying it day one.

NZerker12

I hope we get some new info on this soon, apart from the new scans we haven't had much info.

It would be great to know if a lot of the previous bosses are payable this time (Lucci, Moriah, Maggelan, etc)

RalchAC

They say they're adapting until Dressrossa but is that arc finished yet? I mean, last time I asked to a friend that reads the Manga it wasn't. Are they pulling a Naruto UNS3 and ending the game on a cliffhanger?

Would like to know more info. Like the number of payable characters.

Reknoc

Dudes been using pipes since he was a kid, it's what hes comfortable with. Pipes do damage. Oh plus, y'know, this is a series where a guy used his own snot as a weapon.

Hahaha didn't see the typo. But Tecmo Koei is more into costumes and that kind of things than characters.

And playable characters? 1 had like 15, 2 more than 30, this could easily have 50+ Right?

PW1 and 2 had really few costumes outside of DLC. Most characters had no costumes at all.

PW1 had 13 characters, PW2 had 27 characters, and so PW3 should have at least 40, three of which are Sabo, Fujitora and Doflamingo.

Ryukishi

Banned
Yeah, but he was always wearing it as a kid, so why wouldn't he continue wearing it?

It's pretty uncommon that people continue wearing or even liking what they did as kids. Usually people are ashamed of what they wore, liked and did as kids or teens. People change.

Would you have been okay with it if he changed his weapon to a sword?

You know, he could at least use an actual fighting staff instead of some scrap metal.

Well, BTT, I guess.

They say they're adapting until Dressrossa but is that arc finished yet? I mean, last time I asked to a friend that reads the Manga it wasn't. Are they pulling a Naruto UNS3 and ending the game on a cliffhanger?

Would like to know more info. Like the number of payable characters.

Pretty sure the arc isn't done yet, but I don't read the manga, I just go to the wiki to see where it's at as I tend to watch the anime only when an arc is done(though I caught up recently since it wasn't looking this arc was ending anytime soon). Not sure what they're doing for the ending of this game, I guess fake game-only ending?

Regardless will pick this up.

RalchAC

PW1 and 2 had really few costumes outside of DLC. Most characters had no costumes at all.

PW1 had 13 characters, PW2 had 27 characters, and so PW3 should have at least 40, three of which are Sabo, Fujitora and Doflamingo.

I'll be honest and accept I haven't checked DLC for those games :p But TK usually likes costumes in games (I think DoA, Atelier, and other Warriors games have them).

But there could be quite a lot of potential if you consider some films (and even opening songs) have alternative costumes and both Nami and Nico Robin get different clothes in each arc :p

Pretty sure the arc isn't done yet, but I don't read the manga, I just go to the wiki to see where it's at as I tend to watch the anime only when an arc is done(though I caught up recently since it wasn't looking this arc was ending anytime soon). Not sure what they're doing for the ending of this game, I guess fake game-only ending?

Regardless will pick this up.

That's my plan too. I'm still catching up, just finished Gyojin Arc.

The game is going to release in the West in Summer (right?), so they may add the end of Dressrossa as a free update just in time for the Western release. It's not likely, but would be awesome if they did it :p

They need to start dropping more info about the game. It's 3 months away and they haven't released much info yet!

Top Bottom