• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 announced for North America, coming to PS3, Vita, PS4, PC

Samemind

But sabo is on the cover, I know oda is underplaying her massively but they wouldn't do it in the game too right ;-;

It's not like she got shafted in favor of others. The Dressrosa chapter omits almost everything from the canon story. The manga was about 1/3rd through the arc by the time the game was locked down for content.

I imported and cleared the story + majority of the content, if you have any other questions.

Edit:
Is there cross-platform play between versions? For instance, Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends allowed Vita and PS4 play with each other online.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe there is. The Vita version has abysmal performance compared to PS4. To the point where the S rank goals are actually reduced because the enemy count is much lower.

Did anyone else find Pirate Warriors 2 unplayable because of the framerate. I tried playing it, but sometimes it would feel like it's going at 15-20 fps and is just clunky to control as a result.

Salbug

It's not like she got shafted in favor of others. The Dressrosa chapter omits almost everything from the canon story. The manga was about 1/3rd through the arc by the time the game was locked down for content.

I imported and cleared the story + majority of the content, if you have any other questions.

Edit:

I could be wrong, but I don't believe there is. The Vita version has abysmal performance compared to PS4. To the point where the S rank goals are actually reduced because the enemy count is much lower.

Speaking of KO count, what is the requirement for S rank regarding that considering the on-screen enemy count is higher on the PS4?

that's pretty common for musou vita ports

mostly due to the vita can't have too many enemies on screen on once otherwise you'll basically start dealing with (even more) pop-up

not to say it's not a bad thing, might even make it easier to get s ranks since you'll have to kill less enemies

Dawg

Gonna give it a spin tomorrow, too late now :(

CM9uK4uWoAE3qcG.jpg:large

Dysun

What's the story mode in this game like

I stopped reading the manga after Thriller Bark and don't want everything after totally spoiled in great detail. I already have come to learn most of the big plot points, but not the X,Y, and Z of how they got there

Not really, it's a difference by mere days.

Yeah, I'm probably just looking into it too much.

What's the story mode in this game like

I stopped reading the manga after Thriller Bark and don't want everything after totally spoiled in great detail. I already have come to learn most of the big plot points, but not the X,Y, and Z of how they got there

It's a Cliff Notes version of the story, with some details glossed over and a few arcs left out.

It'll definitely spoil you on the major events and general plot of future arcs after Thriller Bark.

OmegaFax

Edit:

You're right. Asked the question on the Playstation Blog and got a response. It's nice it has online co-op ... but it's a bummer that the PS3, PS4, and PSV don't share the same online community.

smCIOc9l.jpg

I'm working on getting caught up on the manga right now. Up to what chapter would I need to read to not be spoiled by playing this? I'm currently on 727.

Also, are there any good deals for the PC version? I didn't see it on GMG (my usual go-to for non-Steam Sale deals).

NZerker12

I'm working on getting caught up on the manga right now. Up to what chapter would I need to read to not be spoiled by playing this? I'm currently on 727.

Also, are there any good deals for the PC version? I didn't see it on GMG (my usual go-to for non-Steam Sale deals).

I would recommend reading to about 750 as there will be a major character spoiler in the game if you only got that far. Of course if you already know about it then it doesn't matter as the dressrosa mission is mostly a dream story anyway.

Not sure if I should even consider the PC version given KT's track record with them. Want to play ASAP so might just go for PS4. SW4 was really good on there. Maaaaaybe I'll wait one day and see what the verdict is on PC as I would rather have it there.

Why are they better?

The gameplay is faster paced, the controls are spot-on, the characters are fun and unique, the atmosphere is nice, but most importantly, the movesets are so much better and more detailed. Every character has more combos than in the typical DW game. I love Dynasty Warriors but imo spin-offs like PW and HW outdo the main series.

Reaperssj

Nope,
Gear 4th
came out after this game released in Japan.

Thank you and darn that sucks =/ well there is always the next iteration of this game to look forward to also hopefully by then they will put in
Kaido =)
again don't click spoiler unless your caught up with the manga

Is there a finish to the Dressrosa arc in this or does it go up to and during it? Just caught up with the anime today and I'm seriously considering picking this up.

NZerker12

Is there a finish to the Dressrosa arc in this or does it go up to and during it? Just caught up with the anime today and I'm seriously considering picking this up.

Don't expect too much from the Dressrosa mission as it is a dream story. Punk Hazard is the last canon to story mission.

tbd

Why are they better?

Spin-offs are better than the main games for whatever reason. It's easy to answer why, though. Hyrule Warriors, for example, has a dodge mechanic and iframes, you have to jump through fire to not get hurt and so on, Bayonetta like. This is fun. In the main games you can only block or jump away, IIRC. You can also lock on in HW and it has fun crafting and of course great Zelda music with characters that all feel unique and can only use their own weapons. Main DW games characters are just a bishonen army with falsified historical backgrounds. Then you also have more variety in HW, big bosses, Zelda items, hidden chests, Skulltulas. I never really saw the point in main DW games when there is Sengoku Basara (don't tell me you play them for the story and historical stuff they're "based" on).

Pirate Warriors is even better in many ways.

Ponn

Banned
Decided to get it on PS4 for the performance but will be mainly playing remote play on my Vita. Despite my love for physical games i'm also going to get it digital. I like to have the games I play remote play digital stored on my PS4. Can't wait, loved OP Pirate Warriors 2.

Kamina777

Banned

I tried to start watching the anime and only got to 339 in about a week and a half. I'm gonna go your route and blaze through the manga as far as I can until the gamestop midnight release Monday night.

Jaroof

Good to know I'm not the only one hyped about this! Two more daaays!! :D

Better believe it! Been anticipating the game for such a long time, unfortunately perhaps so much so that a little bit off the hype as worn off already, but nonetheless I'm really excited to play it. I LOVE the PW series.

My avatar should be proof enough though ;b Nobody can beat that!

Heh dope, man. Maybe we can hop on it together when it comes out!

This is actually my first foray into the games, I only got into One Piece last year and by the time I was all caught up, this game was announced. Probably should have went through PW2 first, but I need that playable Doffy.
I'd say to start out with the first game just to get into the feel of it.. It should be pretty cheap now. But the game comes out in a few days, so that's your call.
I have no idea why but yeah its a big release for me, lol! Can't wait to mash some buttons!
The button mashing actually has some strategy to it in these games, which I love.

I am I preorderd this along with gears Tuesday is going to be a fun day and it will make the wait for MGSV bearable.

I keep forgetting MGSV is two weeks away!
Regardless, I'm gonna play the hell out of this.

I'd say to start out with the first game just to get into the feel of it.. It should be pretty cheap now. But the game comes out in a few days, so that's your call.
Please don't do this. The first Pirate Warriors game was atrocious. The increase in game quality from PW1 to PW2 was crazy. If you want to try the series out without getting this game, then grab 2. It is on sale on PSN right now for only $7.80, to boot.

Top Bottom