• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Deadly said:
Probably cause 90% of the viewers have probably read the manga :lol

And most people probably don't care about spoilers like that. Back in the DBZ days everyone was always on the Internet trying to figure out what happens next. Most people probably knew Goku hit Super Saiyan before it happened. That's the stuff you market with. You don't market New World without showing the Strawhats. Spoilers are the big things like final boss fights and stuff like that. And anime only watchers are going to see new designs before the show if they watch the new intro. That stuff just really isn't considered a spoiler most places.

On THAT note... it's time to watch some OP!

Mikey Jr.

Opening is ok, nothing great.

I was hoping Brook would be dead somehow during the timeskip.

My God I hate Brook. But looks like that isn't happening according to the opening, lol.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hope the new designs grow on me, Luffy and Zoro look great, Robin and Sanji are solid, Chopper's dorky but they clearly want to kawaii him up, everyone else gets a resounding meh and I'm most bummed by Frankie.

Also that OP easily takes the cake for worst opening.

Why have they been so inconsistent with them lately? :/

dani_dc

Franky got similar reactions on the manga thread the first time around, but I found he grew on me with time.

Also slightly disappointed they
didn't do a fake OP with the fake strawhats for an episode or two
, not that I expected them to but would had been a nice touch.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
An episode with no recapping at all and great pacing. It's some kind of miracle!

I don't get the hate for the OP. Ok, the song isn't very good, but the actual video is pretty damn awesome, and it's extremely well choreographed/edited to the music. Nice and upbeat, I dig it. Not exactly a song I would be listening to outside of the show, but for One Piece it works great.

Not nearly as good as We Are!, though, obviously. Feels weird seeing the next episode preview without We Are! too.

EDIT: I hope there are going to be variations on the new eyecatch for each of the Straw Hats, but somehow I doubt it.

Wow that opening...I guess it is tough to follow Fight Together. Its going to take awhile to get used to it. I liked the usual Luffy running on the grass to the ship and the cutaways with each character, but the song felt like it had too much going on.

I like the new cutaways in the middle of the episode, Nami's skill looked amazing.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Opening music was meh, but the visuals were pretty goodt. I like the new commercial interlude, but I'll miss the old ones. :( Overall though, the pacing was really good.

Anth0ny

Okay, fake Usopp's Mr. 2 voice tripped me out. Then I realized it was the regular crew's voice actors playing different roles. Hilarious!

I liked the OP. The video was great, and the song was good too. People really think it's the worst OP? Really? REALLY? Have you forgotten opening 12 already?

789shadow

Banned
Anth0ny said:
Okay, fake Usopp's Mr. 2 voice tripped me out. Then I realized it was the regular crew's voice actors playing different roles. Hilarious!

I liked the OP. The video was great, and the song was good too. People really think it's the worst OP? Really? REALLY? Have you forgotten opening 12 already?
You mean that awesome OP?

789shadow

Banned
deduce said:
Awesome. Usopp looks like he improved the most from the crew. Very excited about the new season.
Usopp looks badass. USOPP. FUCKING USOPP.
Believe me, EVERY Straw Hat is firmly in badass tier.

Anth0ny said:

12 was at least catchy.

Anth0ny

watervengeance said:
12 was at least catchy.

1280057682813s.jpg

Cwarrior

Anth0ny said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4nPbWnIDgY

Good op, I liked how it animated one piece covers like franky& luffy boxing

Opening 12 was the worst opening in OP history .
So bad that even allot of Japanese fans complain and they had to say something about it .
Fuck when you read the lyrics it was even worst along with what was happening in the anime.

While i don't really like this one i watch it any day before opening 12.

Cwarrior

My thoughts on the redesigns

Ussop looks complete boss

Love new Robin design really cool

Franky- insane I can't even comprehend

Brooke -gentleman to rockstar

nami -sexy her up some more, she looks like mermaid with hair

sanj -looks more cool with facial hair

Zoro -not much has changed

Chopper- maximum kawaii

Luffy I know he changes his shirt every arc but the prince (purple rain) shirt is ugly

deduce

survivor said:
It's
young Roger. He was shown in the manga

edit: bah beaten
Ah, it was shown in the manga. No wonder no one else seemed surprised. I'm caught up on the anime, but I'm currently at the end of the Alabasta Arc in the manga. One of these days I'll catch up, but I'm a long ways off.

Wiseblade

On the intro

Not quite as good as a hoped, but I still liked it. Better than everything since Share the World, at least. The video itself was really nice and spoilertastic. Serves all you anime-only people right IMO. I love the instrumental version, so I hope that gets used more often.

On the episode

It's pretty much a straight rip for of chapter 598, but I still enjoyed it. I'm surprised nobody's making a bigger deal of Zoro making it to Shakky's bar first, since that threw me off the first time.

Steroyd

The song wasn't as good as hoped but far from the worse (the OP played during the war *vommit*) Kaze something something, but the OP itself was great, and yeah they should have done a hour long special with no OP, but oh well Toei gunna Toei.

Naxx

spiderman123 said:
Man , they should have done a 1 hr special...

That would have been awesome.
Zoro getting there first was really funny as hell, finnally got a sense of direction.

Top Bottom