• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Punch Man Manga Gets TV Anime (Madhouse, Shingo Natsume, Chikashi Kubota)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightbird

This year's 15th issue of Shueisha's Young Jump magazine is announcing on Tuesday that a television anime adaptation of Yuusuke Murata's One-Punch Man manga has been green-lit. The cast and staff will be announced within a promotional video at Bandai Visual's booth at the Anime Japan 2015 event on March 21 and 22.

The series revolves around the titular super hero who has trained so hard that his hair has fallen out, and who can overcome any enemy with one punch. However, because he is so strong, he has become bored and frustrated with winning all his battles so easily.

Source: Animenewsnetwork

I never thought that it was going to happen, but here we are! Let's us hope that the Anime is going to at least Match the Manga in Terms of Detail and Art.

Punch me if old.

Looks like we will have a Premire in October

Shueisha's website for its Natsu-Comi 2015 campaign lists the eight book volumes of Yuusuke Murata's One-Punch Man manga, and it reports that the manga is being "adapted into anime starting in October!!" Shueisha's Young Jump magazine had announced early this month that a television anime has been green-lit.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2015-03-17/one-punch-man-tv-anime-listed-for-october-premiere/.86056

Edit2:

Shingo Natsume (Space Dandy, Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos) is directing the anime at Mad House (Summer Wars, Hunter x Hunter). Tomohiro Suzuki (Tiger and Bunny scripts, Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary) is in charge of the series scripts, and Chikashi Kubota (From the New World, Robotics;Notes) is designing the characters.

Source

Edit3:

THIRD EDIT because no one is posting

B_02Pi9VEAAikIP.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Here's the official twitter account (translated):

https://translate.googleusercontent..._anime&usg=ALkJrhh-MOXVlOV6y6kgs4r_DPXqO3GkSw

Untranslated offical Twitter

Edit4:

They finally uploaded the PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Bdb1V0Io_g

Can't wait.

kurahador

Urghhh...this series would've work better as 1 hour OVA releases every 2-3 months.

Expect alot of downgrade in action sequences with tv series tight budget.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Someone post that flipbook .gif.

This has the potential to be really good.

Mendrox

What happened with the Eyeshield 21 anime? I've read the manga and have had the anime on my to watch list for a while now.

Looks like shit for about 95% of the time. Soundtrack is good though. Also there are quiet a few filler episodes and the ending well... they skipped a whole arc.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Hope it turns out at least decent. Agree with kurahador in that it would be better as an OVA.

Awesome. With it's release schedule, they should be caught up by the end of the month and making filler by April.

: ) I really enjoy OPM

Alx

I love the manga, but the animation and graphic details in the anime will have to be crazy good to live up to the source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom