• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orphan Black Season 4 |OT| Paul Free Since 2015 – Thursdays at 9/10c on BBC America

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
poster:
CiMDEsuWEAAuVny.jpg

I want to start painting my nails.

Oh good, I hope the
nail salon clone from last season
is back. I liked her. I think those posters are a bit spoilery though.

Oh good, I hope the
nail salon clone from last season
is back. I liked her. I think those posters are a bit spoilery though.
I spoiler tagged last week's cause I thought it was a bit too spoilery for some. But this week seemed more like something most people knew would happen at some point this season anyways.
Yes, it's the return of Krystal, the nail salon clone.

And I thought Rudy had issues with Dr. Coady...

Can we get one or two Castors that are just normal?
Beyond Mark? Some of them HAVE to have been smuggled out.
But honestly I blame Susan, she's had him since childhood. Abuse much?

IvanJ

Banned
Awesome episode, glad to see Krystal putting her self defense lessons to good use. I expect her to Karate chop her way out of the clinic next episode, leaving a trail of Castors clutching their balls behind her.

KarmaCow

Why do people like Krystal? I guess the airhead bimbo shtick is kind of amusing, but that doesn't make her likeable, lol.

She's like Alison but without the competence. I like her ditzy determination, especially in contrast to how self serious the rest of the show can be at times.

Plus that training scene.

Tubobutts

Why do people like Krystal? I guess the airhead bimbo shtick is kind of amusing, but that doesn't make her likeable, lol.
I like her mostly because she's so different from the rest of the characters. Which I guess is less about liking her as a character and more liking her in a meta sense.

Quick

Banned
HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

HOLY SHIT.

SHIIIIIIIIT.

Good thing I've been drinking.

EDIT: HOLY FUCKING SHIT AT THE ENDING. WHAT.

Quick

Banned

Had a couple of hours to let this sit.

That baby was fucking scary. Straight up, applause to the props department for that.

Not saying anything negative about children with certain deformities, but the prop baby was especially scary.

Susan Duncan and Ira is straight up weird. Not because of the age gap, but because of the circumstances of this whole clone saga.

Krystal is like the palette cleanser of the episode. Someone asked what her appeal is? For me, Krystal is hot as hell, and she's basically an incompetent Alison, which is hilarious. I want more Krystal.

Also, is this the first time ever that Kira actually had an active part in a storyline where she isn't bait or being protected?

Dereck

Whenever this show introduces a new clone and Tatiana is shown as an OG clone, I'm looking very closely for mistakes.

So far, I haven't found any, I haven't found any of the other clones bleeding into other clones by accident. She's a master I tell you.

See y'all, I'm not the only one who thinks Sarah's been a real git lately!

I don't think Susan Duncan is being written very well on this show. She could be portrayed as someone whose goals seem worthy, that there's some grey area where maybe you could agree. But no, she just seems kind of over-the-top and a bit creepy.

But I think this has gotta be one of the best OB episodes, it was all of the best things about this show in one well-edited package. I'm so happy Krystal is back. Donnie could've brought her into the clone club but he screwed up and now the poor thing is going to be even more paranoid. But it's great that Donnie keeps getting put in these awkward, slightly sexual clone situations.

And Tatiana in that training outfit... lawd have mercy.

ok

that thing was horrific

Not as horrific as Adele's southern accent. Such an annoying character. Though I do feel for her, she's been dropped into the crazytown family.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Excellent episode this week. It felt like it came straight out of season one.

Also, I'm glad that they brought Krystal back. She's amazing~

Alpende

I'm really digging the show so far. This episode had a good mix of humor creepy science shit. Felix was a dick though, bringing a kind of unknown person to a safe house and trying to justify his decision.

Felix and Sarah are being complete assholes to everyone about this nonsense subject, like there isn't anything more important to worry about. I really didn't need to see Susan making out with Ira but apparently that's a relevant twist?

Saty

So if i understood correctly, the device in Sarah's jaw is just part of Duncan trying 'to unlock the secrets of the human genome' in lieu of having access to Kendal?

--

I don't know what the writers have planned or how comprehensively they planned ahead in writing the series but it gives the impression that they are just coming up with stuff along the way.

We still have no idea how Neolution tracked down Sarah in Iceland and i hoped we would have it covered by now.
The writers are also keen to dump stuff that previously shown to be meaningful. Take for the example these two last episodes. Last week when they wanted to snoop in the Clinic too see if it's connected to Neolution they sent Felix and Donnie because they said that if it's a Neolution front, they would know how Sarah looks like.
In this episode they go to Brighborn's HQ and that is no longer of concern. Yes, it makes perfect sense for Cossima to volunteer to go because she has the scientific knowledge but there was zero word about how she could be identified\pursued.

Only when it was said Chue was present did Cossima fear being outed - as if there won't be anyone else in that building that would know about her. It makes the writing look inconsistent, uneven and willing to drop or establish new stuff as it sees fit (see new developments with Kira). They should just have addressed the situation as high risk, high reward instead of 'we stepped inside their HQ and were caught off guard that our clone would be identified'.

So if i understood correctly, the device in Sarah's jaw is just part of Duncan trying 'to unlock the secrets of the human genome' in lieu of having access to Kendal?

No. If anything... Susan was implying that she is averse to the methods Neolution employs. She clearly said to Cosima she found them brutish. She likely had nothing to do with the DNA modifier. She is focused on cloning science with the intent to perfect, not augment.

I don't know what the writers have planned or how comprehensively they planned ahead in writing the series but it gives the impression that they are just coming up with stuff along the way.

No. I refute this claim. There are five episodes left and potentially two more seasons. You are asking for answers on a show, critical answers mind you, that is based on mystery. Lol, be patient.

We still have no idea how Neolution tracked down Sarah in Iceland and i hoped we would have it covered by now.
The writers are also keen to dump stuff that previously shown to be meaningful. Take for the example these two last episodes. Last week when they wanted to snoop in the Clinic too see if it's connected to Neolution they sent Felix and Donnie because they said that if it's a Neolution front, they would know how Sarah looks like.
In this episode they go to Brighborn's HQ and that is no longer of concern. Yes, it makes perfect sense for Cossima to volunteer to go because she has the scientific knowledge but there was zero word about how she could be identifiedpursued.

Allison didn't want to go because she's already been to the clinic trying to have a child. Once they found out it was Neolution treatment they sent Felix. Beth went to Brightborn. No one really knows how deep Beth got except for MK who is working on her own. Felix didn't go because he's being a cunt and Cosima volunteered knowing the danger. That's why she knew to hide from Evie while other employees didn't matter. Only top tier will know Leda clones. The wrench in the plan was Krystal who will probably stay a problem until they bring her in.

Only when it was said Chue was present did Cossima fear being outed - as if there won't be anyone else in that building that would know about her. It makes the writing look inconsistent, uneven and willing to drop or establish new stuff as it sees fit (see new developments with Kira). They should just have addressed the situation as high risk, high reward instead of 'we stepped inside their HQ and were caught off guard that our clone would be identified'.

Kira had always had some ESP stuff going on. I really think you are super confused.

Man, Sarah is a total bitch this season. Before she left that dinner table she should have said something to Felix and Adele like "I owe you an apology. Both of you." Just eight simple words would have made a huge difference. If she wanted to go further she could have explained to Adele that she has a lot of stuff happening in her life and she has big trust issues. But she's just a total bitch to everyone, constantly wants and expects everyone to drop everything and do things for her, and she's extremely lucky she has so many extremely loyal friends and family like Felix, Art and S. I really like Alison and Donnie (I laughed when his cover name for the massage was Ronnie!), Helena has turned out to be thoroughly entertaining and I like Cosima a lot, even if she's a bit too flawless and a super-genius (and she takes advantage of Scott a bit too much), and honestly I'd like the focus to shift away from Sarah a little. Also, not really liking where the sub-plot with Kira is going, and she's pretty flat and I dislike her acting.

Quick

Banned
They've been making a big deal about the worm in people's mouths potentially altering the host.

Could it be messing with Sarah's attitude? Though, I do get that finding a worm in your mouth, on top of other things like the discovery of clones and massive conspiracies has probably rattled her enough.

and she's extremely lucky she has so many extremely loyal friends and family like Felix, Art and S.

Yeah I think Sarah could've ended up more like Beth without that support system to depend on. Beth never let herself even depend on Art.

And I don't know, Kira's actor seems pretty good compared to most child actors I've seen. I don't think she seems flat to me, I think the writers just write her a bit wiser than her years, kind of an old soul.

Dereck

Closer Look - Will Krystal Ever Be a Clone Club Member? (No Youtube link yet)

Warning...definitely avoid this week's clip if you're spoiler adverse. Orphan Black Season 4 - Episode 6 Sneak Peek:
Krystal Saw Everything
Interesting
choice, not everyone needs to be in, and the clubhouse is reaching high capacity already.

Her not being in the club gives the show less reason for her to make appearances. Which, depending on the person (the person who complains about bad clone screentime management), could be a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom