• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orphan Black Season 4 |OT| Paul Free Since 2015 – Thursdays at 9/10c on BBC America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorger

"She's a scientist and a lesbian, she's not going to let it slide!"

That was a good one, but it reintroduced a couple of elements that I'm completely blanking on, like Helsinki and the little girl Rachel is cooped up with.

Also, Alison, Helena, and Donnie's antics continue to to put me in stitches.

Yeah definitely some laugh out loud moments there. I am surprised no one is commenting on Helena's accent when she is impersonating Alison. She is a public figure after all.

Yeah definitely some laugh out loud moments there. I am surprised no one is commenting on Helena's accent when she is impersonating Alison. She is a public figure after all.
Well, I couldn't tell you what my local school board trustee looked or sounded like. So she's not THAT public a figure unless you have direct dealings with her.

Dereck

A.V. Club review:
B
- Orphan Black struggles to give all of its clones equal attention

960.jpg

Finally, someone got it right.
Marion was a Topside executive who was taking care of Charlotte. She was raising her like a daughter. Neolution took Charlotte and Marion hasn't been seen since. Charlotte is most definitely a clone.

Ah yes, the Star Trek / BSG actor. To be fair, they were playing her up to be a Big Deal in Season 2, a friend of the clones within Topside, and then almost completely dropped her in Season 3. But I guess if Charlotte is that same girl, and since Duncan said, "She's had an unfortunate series of guardians", we might have to assume Marion's been eliminated. Too bad. I don't find Duncan a compelling character so far.

"Struggles". Leave my sight, AV Club.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The adoptive mother of the one successful recreation clone (the little girl). She appeared at the finale of season 2, and showed Sarah Rudy who she had captive in her home.

Marion was a Topside executive who was taking care of Charlotte. She was raising her like a daughter. Neolution took Charlotte and Marion hasn't been seen since. Charlotte is most definitely a clone.

Oh right, her. I remember now. Kind of weird they cast Michelle Forbes for such a small role.

Wasn't mentioned on the show yet. The reason it first came up was because Ferdinand and Rachel were conspiring to do the same to the show's clones at the beginning of last season. There is a comic series about Helsinki but I don't know what details are canon yet. I will say in general that they were going to expose the project to the public.

I think they name dropped Helsinki again cause they might go into details soon. They've been pretty good this season at only mentioning things that are relevant to the current story.

I see. Thanks!

Dereck

Just noticed the Cosima holding the device on Sarah's cheek scene, I didn't see any awkward cuts either, looked completely real.

Oh right, her. I remember now. Kind of weird they cast Michelle Forbes for such a small role.
It probably would have been bigger if she wasn't a busy actress. I think if she didn't end up with Powers and Hunger Games they probably would have had her running Dyad instead of Delphine last year. I'm kinda surprised James Frain had the time with all the shows he's been on lately.

Just noticed the Cosime holding the device on Sarah's cheek scene, I didn't see any awkward cuts either, looked completely real.
If you think that was good, go back and watch her hand Sarah a tissue at the end of the scene, and them realistically fumble the hand off. It's completely unnecessary to the scene and just there to show off by not showing off. They've stepped up their clone touching game this year big time.

That came out wrong...

Dereck

If you think that was good, go back and watch her hand Sarah a tissue at the end of the scene, and them realistically fumble the hand off. It's completely unnecessary to the scene and just there to show off by not showing off.
TOYNuud.gif

Fire

"She's a scientist and a lesbian, she's not going to let it slide!"
f82sKdq.gif

"You killed Aldous Leekie?"
"Boy did I ever, yeah"
f82sKdq.gif

What in the hell is going on with Kira

That impressed me as well - I love that they didn't even try to draw attention to it. It looked so natural.

I like that she's creepy and has some sort of healing ability, but it would be a little too much if she turned out to be psychic as well.

She's shown evidence of it in the past.

Hmm...if you say so!

Well, she sensed the Neolutionists coming in the first episode before she could even see them. I can't remember if she's ever had premonitions before this season. The staring into space creepy girl thing is a bit much though.

p.s. random thought – Why didn't Donnie want to tell Helena what they were up to in the garage? If anyone knows how to properly dispose of a body in that group, it's probably Helena.

Alison, Helena, and Donnie subplots best thing about this.

Also I like the return to a more creepy mysterious feel, ala season 1. Thought that was missing in Seasons 2 and 3 where it was more all out action and throwing a kitchen sink of answers.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Well, she sensed the Neolutionists coming in the first episode before she could even see them. I can't remember if she's ever had premonitions before this season. The staring into space creepy girl thing is a bit much though.

There was a glare on my screen when I watched that episode, so I couldn't quite tell what she was looking at - I just assumed that the people who were after them were already out there when she looked outside.

Go to the Orphan Black wiki if you don't believe me. Kira has shown strong signs of psychic abilities.

http://orphanblack.wikia.com/wiki/Kira

It's upsetting that people don't seem to remember important details like this about the show...

?

The only thing I could find in that article is this, from season 1:

In "Endless Forms Most Beautiful", Kira has woken up. Minutes before the police arrive to arrest Sarah, Kira tells Mrs. S that she thinks something bad is about to happen.

There was a glare on my screen when I watched that episode, so I couldn't quite tell what she was looking at - I just assumed that the people who were after them were already out there when she looked outside.

?

The only thing I could find in that article is this, from season 1:

Season one and two were rife with moments of her showing precognition. I guess the wiki doesn't go into a lot of detail. I know there were moments in season 2 when she was with Cal and when she was taken by Marion that pointed to it too.

Dereck

RopvFDx.gif

....I wonder how Donnie feels about Helena, the fact that she looks exactly like Alison and she's been living with them for little while, hmmm.

Saty

Side-plots continue to be awful fillers as ever. I've lost track of the greater mythology and all the fine details so basically me watching this show now is going 'fine.whatever'. I suspect S1 stood out because i binge-watched it, which is probably the best way to enjoy Orphan Black and minimize the effects of its weak portions.

There was one thing that struck me that was mentioned in the 2nd episode: that all the show so far had taken place over a span of only ~6 months .

Quick

Banned
Kira getting passed around like a damn reject.

Now she can (maybe) see the future?

Edit:Dead, decomposing Leekie is worse than I thought he would look. Goddamn, props department.

So...DVRs are a thing...
Cable Live +7 ratings, April 11-17: ‘Orphan Black’ premiere triples

Also, here's the description for this week's episode.

"From Instinct to Rational Control”
Sarah realizes her goals have aligned with her once enemy and forms a precarious alliance in hopes of getting to the head of Neolution. Meanwhile, on her end, Alison dispatches Felix and Donnie to infiltrate a Neolution fertility clinic that Beth investigated. Back at the lab, Cosima and Scott receive a revolting delivery from Alison. As Rachel grows closer to Charlotte, Susan Duncan leaves a devastating decision in her hands.

Poster for this week. Spoiler tagged cause it contains an answer to a question from a previous episode. As usual spoiler tag any comments.

ChoIEYgXAAA9gWn.jpg

Dereck

This season is so good that I wish it was longer than 10 episodes.

This season is so good that I've watched each episode 3 times each.

Dereck

i kinda binged the first 3 seasons on Amazon Prime instant streaming. How long would it take to get season 4?
I'm unsure what you're asking exactly, are you asking how long it would take to watch the first three episodes of season 4?

By that sentence it sounds like you just finished season 3

tchocky

i kinda binged the first 3 seasons on Amazon Prime instant streaming. How long would it take to get season 4?

Not sure about Orphan Black but with lots of other shows they don't add the seasons until just before the new one airs so if that's is the case then season 4 would be up in about 10-11 months.

Unfortunately they just added season 3 to prime a month ago, so if you're waiting for it to hit prime you'll have to wait until around this time next year.

You can watch the season 4 premiere on their website for free, but the other episodes require logging into a cable account that already receives BBC America. http://www.bbcamerica.com/full-episodes

Every week I think "Alison and Donnie can't get any more hilarious" THEN.THEY.DO.

So good. I'm booking a flight on Air Italia right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom