• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OS X El Capitan [OT]

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Any reason to do a clean install with a USB instead of through internet recovery? You just erase the existing disk and then do a fresh install, right?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Still not showing up on U.S. store for me. Oh well, I can wait.

dracula_x

Still not showing up on U.S. store for me. Oh well, I can wait.

It's up actually. Use the search bar at the top of App Store:

P3YiAfI.png

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I mean, as someone on the GM, I'll just wait for 10.11.1 at this point, lol.

yeah, me too.
You can get 10.11.1 now if you really want to. I apparently skipped right over the GM when my computer updated.

You know, if you want to that is. It seems super stable right now, but if you're on the GM you don't need the final build because it's probably basically the same thing. (I don't have the build number for the GM to compare.)

You can get 10.11.1 now if you really want to. I apparently skipped right over the GM when my computer updated.

You know, if you want to that is. It seems super stable right now, but if you're on the GM you don't need the final build because it's probably basically the same thing. (I don't have the build number for the GM to compare.)

I'll wait for the final, i'm not installing a beta.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
don't know what to do, if I use "resume download" it won't start and just say "wait". already tried a restart. nothing works >.<

Tadaima

How do I pin tabs in Safari? Just updated to 9.0 but can't find the option anywhere.

I'm not exactly sure where the button is (I could have sworn there was a button or gesture to do it).
But click help and type "pin" into the help bar and it shows you where the option in the menu is (Window --> Pin Tab)

Navigate to that tab, then right click on the tab below the address bar and click "Pin Tab."

Groof

If I'm on the 10.11.1 beta it's newer than the stable release they got on the front page of the store, right?

Also they seriously need to get their bluetooth fixed because this is the jankiest bullshit ever.

Tadaima

If he just upgraded to Safari 9, he;s likely on yosemite which doesn't have pinned tabs.

This thread is about El Capitan, isn't it? It is a little tucked away, and it's sometimes greyed out if you're not in the active tab, hence why I responded with an answer.

Tadaima

If I'm on the 10.11.1 beta it's newer than the stable release they got on the front page of the store, right?

Also they seriously need to get their bluetooth fixed because this is the jankiest bullshit ever.

Just checked System Preferences and the App Store version is 10.11 (15A284).

This thread is about El Capitan, isn't it? It is a little tucked away, and it's greyed out if you're not in the active tab, hence why I responded with an answer.

He updated to Safari 9 before El Cap was released on the Mac App Store, but after Safari 9 was released for Yosemite.

Tadaima

He updated to Safari 9 before El Cap was released on the Mac App Store, but after Safari 9 was released for Yosemite.

The GM has been out for a while now. But despite that, for anybody else on El Capitan who can't figure it out (including him when he's upgraded if not already), it's there now.

Moronwind

Banned
&#8984; + &#8679; + L

That's not what I'm looking for. They've added this strange behavior to fullscreen Safari where the sidebar will automatically slide out if you move the cursor to the left side of the screen, annoying right? There has to be a way to fix this.

Tadaima

That's not what I'm looking for. They've added this strange behavior to fullscreen Safari where the sidebar will automatically slide out if you move the cursor to the left side of the screen, annoying right? There has to be a way to fix this.

Just tried it myself and yes, it's rather annoying. I've looked through Safari preferences and can't find anything – you're most likely going to have to disable it manually via the command line.

Oh, that's weird, just realized that holding down the green fullscreen button doesn't start split mode anymore. Worked fine last I tried it in the betas. Did starting it change in the final?

Tadaima

How do you use split view?

Two ways:

1. Use the green Full Screen button (beside close and minimise) to full-screen an app. Go into Mission Control and drag a window onto the app you just full-screened.

2. Hold down the green Full Screen button and select the side you want the app to appear on. Then click on the window you want to view on the other side.

I've been using the public beta program and my current version is OS X 10.11 (15A278b), the GM 'Candidate'.

From what I understand the public GM version on the App Store now is newer. I was expecting something to appear in my 'Updates' tab - should I get this or do I have to download the full 6GB update?

Top Bottom