• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

For some reason it's like no one knows how to deal with a reinhardt anymore. Gold elims, silver damage, 30k damage blocked. Landing the stupidest charges

And my quad kill earthshatter loses to a lucio double boop for potg =(

Good article that i saw earlier about toxicity in Overwatch arguing for the position that silence=complicity when one person is abusing the other one in a game and the other 4 players just stay quiet. Saw this discussed a few times here.

http://kotaku.com/if-you-hear-someone-getting-harassed-in-an-online-game-1796921373

Players’ rampant and unchecked cruelty and sexist commentary are preventing me and others from enjoying our favorite game, a first-person shooter with twice the female userbase as any other. And I want to be clear about something: When it comes to harassment in online gaming, silence is complicity.

Teammates who hear hatred are the first line of defense for harassed players. Permissiveness is tacit approval of this behavior. If there are no social repercussions for antisocial behavior, and especially misogynistic behavior toward female teammates, it will continue. So if you are one of these four silent teammates—who will suffer no real harm for shaming a harasser or supporting the harassed—you are complicit in these online games’ now-entrenched culture of toxicity.

Speak up. Tell that asshole to sit down. Show your teammate that they are welcome. Be an advocate for the most basic decency. That’s all it is.

My being harassed is not my fault. It is the fault of specific maladjusted people and a culture that acquiesces to their cruelty. I will not tolerate it. And I will not be part of a community that silently endorses it. That’s why I’m speaking up. And that’s why, when your teammate is getting harassed for their gender, voice, race or demographic, you should speak up, too. And if you do not, you are a part of the problem.

This permissive culture toward harassment is why too many of my Overwatch games leave me feeling like a pariah, despite being a vocal and authoritative source for Overwatch news and criticism on Kotaku. So I am slowly backing away from this game I love.

Edit: added quotes for convenience

Mr Git

Got a string of abuse messages on ps4 accusing me of cheating and saying they've reported me. Is cheating even a thing on ps4? If I were cheating I probably wouldn't be distinctly average.

aBarreras

do they lump you with people of your same playing ability? do they really do that? because yesterday i played like 10 games and lost 8, most of them we were decimated, not even able to conquer te point so we could move the payload, and then when we switched to defense, the other team would win like in 4 minutes.

my brother told me, if you see they suck just leave the match a look for another, but i did that 3 times and the 3 times and it was the same.

i mean, i dont think im that bad of a player to deserve this

Does it work to have a pharah/soldier self damage and take a health pack to help sombra build ult?

Farming EMP is usually done by mobile tanks like Winston on defense. Take damage>leap pack to agreed upon health pack. Not sure if Soldier or Pharah are optimal since they have small health pools and are better to fall back on small hacked health packs. Soldier needs to build visor with healing station; Pharah might be better off zoning people instead of going back to health packs unless she flies super close to one.

It is usually Sombra, Winston and someone else farming EMP. The team engages in front of health packs and retreats to them. You will have EMP nearly every team fight if you do it right; it works really well in some maps (broken in 2CP).

https://youtu.be/UHBO2snMXkU?t=436

Above is xQc farming EMP with his duo Danteh (Sombra); Danteh ended up with 10k+ healing.

Jeff Kaplan said:
Following up from an earlier post, here is where we are at with reported/known/reproducible Reinhardt bugs and issues.

A few of the addressed issues (Fire Strike hit box, for example) were fixed before 1.13. The rest have either been fixed or iterated on in 1.13. All of these fixes should be available on the PTR by this afternoon.

Addressed Reinhardt Issues

- Fire Strike hit-box was too small
- A host of hammer swing issues affected by high network latency have been addressed
- We’ve also increased Reinhardt’s hammer swing speed by 10% in general in 1.13
- Several animation cancelling bugs (also high network latency related) have been fixed
- Fire Strike and Charge animations now synch correctly regardless of network latency
- Charge reliably pins targets instead of knocking them back (Note: we fixed a number of issues and all of the issues we were reliably able to reproduce. Because charge is a cone-based attack and latency is involved, there might be other issues that surface. Providing us reproducible steps or video clips will help us if additional issues arise)
- Charge reliably pins targets when moving up steep stairs/ramps (see above note)

Remaining issues:

- Earthshatter isn’t picking up targets under certain circumstances. We intend to fix this issue in the next patch.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20757627622#post-1

I played properly for pretty much the first time since Horizon came out (cus I started a job and whew! That saps away all your energy tbh) and omg roadhog is a joke character now

Not scared of him at all anymore

antitrop

Best Zen game I've ever had. Ana was giving me Nanos, lol

iiswIOR.png

first game of the day. first loss.

i was Solo Heal. fuck it. i'll just go zen. we actually held it pretty well until the other team unloaded on us. we somehow managed to get 2 more support (lucio and mercy) i didn't know until i tab because i thought it was their enemy mercy and lucio since they had them. 3 support and a sym? lol wtf. switched to zarya just to counter dva and winston. got great ult charge and had grav in less than a minute from them LOL. anyways. we managed to hold defense and they didn't capture second point.

but now its our turn to attack. this is where they let ego get them.

hanzo and widow pick. literally helped us none.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Just watched our Mercy run forward and backwards between a possible two man res while being zapped by a Sym and Winston, didn't res, fuck.

Trophy question... how are you supposed to get Path Is Closed?

I played a match where the enemy Symmetra put up several teleporters and I got the teleporter destroyed elimination text. I destroyed two with Ana and 3rd one with Sombra but trophy never popped up. Is it because I swapped characters?

Nimby

Banned
Best Zen game I've ever had. Ana was giving me Nanos, lol

Had a match where me (Zen) and Lucio killed the whole team and clutched a game. Killed Soldier, got discord assist on Mercy, charge shot a Hanzo in the face, head shot their McCree, de-meched D.va and killed her, killed Ana, then killed Soldier again and Mercy.

Wish I saved it, but that was the best feeling I had while playing this game.

I love when a Zenyatta with ult decides to switch to Hanzo without using his ult on a winnable KOTH match and then never gets a kill with Hanzo.

Has to save it for the big rez. All about that SR breh.

But you get complaints when you 2 rez, can't win as a mercy sometimes. People will not pick heals, so I go heals. Then you are not rezing the whole team, or you are focused down by all of the other team with no protection.

Paltheos

They only have to take damage while the Discord Orb is on them for it to count as an Assist, the Orb doesn't have to be on them when they die.

I believe this is how I got Rapid Discord but (and because) I don't remember the events around it well. I was surprised when it happened. I was probably switching targets before the kills and just got lucky.

jviggy43

Does anyone else kind of not like where the ciurrent meta/changes have brought the game this season? I lost steam this season really quickly to the point where Im playing comp very casually.

Does anyone else kind of not like where the ciurrent meta/changes have brought the game this season? I lost steam this season really quickly to the point where Im playing comp very casually.

i want to see how the changes in ptr and doomfist does when he goes live. hopefully it shakes it up but dive comp probably here to stay.

Who is skyline and why have I never watched any of his videos?

I watched 2 or 3 and have noticed a fuck ton of mistakes I've been making...mainly positioning.

Veelk

Banned
So I'm messing around with Junkrat in QP...

But man, he sucks. He really, really sucks. I'm amazed he hasn't had more of a buff ages ago. He needs one now.

So I'm messing around with Junkrat in QP...

But man, he sucks. He really, really sucks. I'm amazed he hasn't had more of a buff ages ago. He needs one now.

What sorta buff could be given to him, besides fixing his ult so it doesn't do less damage in the air and maybe giving it more health.

Veelk

Banned
What sorta buff could be given to him, besides fixing his ult so it doesn't do less damage in the air and maybe giving it more health.

I was thinking the one or more of the following:

1. Increase his clipsize to 5 from 8. If he's going to have such a shitty primary fire, he should atleast be able to keep it up. Alternatively, up the speed of his grenades so that they can more accurately land.
2. Let him lay down 2 or 3 traps instead of just 1. It's so easy to avoid them or destroy them, may as well. Honestly, half the time, even if someone does get trapped, you either are too far away to follow up on the kill or else you leave your mine there, meaning your leaving 2 abilities to get 1 kill. The ability to lay down 3 traps would make the battlefield something players need to watch, but it's not by itself overpowered.
3. Increase his riptire HP to 200, but add in a critical hitbox to the center of the tire on the sides. Someone else suggested this one and I think it's a good change.
4. Lower his ult charge. I mean, don't make it charge as fast as Sombra, but he feels like a guy who should always be firing explosive shit at you. And since his ult is fairly easy to counter...yeah, he should have it fairly often.

Just to spitball a discussion -- is everyone happy with ults as they exist in the game right now? Would you feel that ults being wiped on death would be better or worse? Would it promote more willingness to swap? Would it make picks feel more significant than just "we have numbers now, go in"?

Top Bottom