• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

TrueBlue

I still want Lucio Ball to return, as that mode was pretty fun to play. It will be interesting now with Lucio's new mechanics.

As for the Mei relationship thingy, I always though fans have paired her up with McCree, Zarya, or Symmetra?

I should have specified that I want a new Brawl alongside Lucio Ball. Kinda how I'd lime to see Junkenstein's Revenge return alongside any additional Halloweem event.

And yeah, you might be right on the fandom. I just remember a fair amount of fanart focused on the two early on. Even disregarding the fan aspect, Mei being the Bride would be funny considering how much she dislikes Junkrat in-universe.

Still think it'd be Zarya.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
300 points until master

fixed. i mean playing only 1 single hero in general makes you trash, but hanzo makes you bottom tier garbo

?

Hanzo is one of the few characters in this game that's actually worth a damn in terms of having a decently challenging skill floor, a high skill ceiling, and a skill curve that delineates progress from summer camp noober kaboober archery club kid, to Katniss Everdeen, and finally the mastery bow slingery of Leg-o'lamb Leanbeef Lard of the Onion Rings. It's not a coincidence that a lot of old TF2 players are also Hanzo players. Seagull, Platinum, Ruwin, and even the odious Mangachu (STAR_'s former hat-amite) are all Hanzo pickers. The character has a lot of outplay potential with high impact, and his toolkit is far more self-contained compared to other characters where their balance exists purely in relation to others. In other words he actually feels like an FPS character instead of a diet MOBA "champ" thing that a bunch of the other classes got going on.

Fugu

The only problem with Hanzo is that he, like Ana, has a skill floor so high that his usefulness relative to other, similar characters is pretty low everywhere except PC GM.

Whether you characterize that a problem or not is up to you I suppose, but I personally am not shocked when people characterize Hanzo as a liability when he actually is when played by the vast, vast majority of the Overwatch population.

Had a quick run of re-installing overwatch. Got put at 2300 SR, and every single match was either a crushing defeat, or crushing victory. Also, jesus, people are MAD. Like, killing spree mad. It's incredible.
Sorry for old hat overwatch chat. Was just amazed.

Really is a game to enjoy with friends, rather than go in alone, at least in the 2300 SR range.

Nimby

Banned
The only problem with Hanzo is that he, like Ana, has a skill floor so high that his usefulness relative to other, similar characters is pretty low everywhere except PC GM.

Whether you characterize that a problem or not is up to you I suppose, but I personally am not shocked when people characterize Hanzo as a liability when he actually is when played by the vast, vast majority of the Overwatch population.

There's a lot of fucking good Hanzos on console. The problem with Ana is she doesn't feel designed at all with a controller in mind.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, you have low skill heroes like Junk, Sym and Mercy and players can perform much better with these heroes at lower ranks compared to similar heroes.

The previous post about Sym I made wasn't to say she needed "buffs", I think she needs a new passive, and maybe her turrets shouldn't die to lock on beams or something. But her and Junkrat are oppressive to play against at Bronze because of the skill required to effectively use them.

If you change their primaries to require more "skill", people wouldn't complain about those heroes at lower ranks.

carlos

So the last play of the game I saw last night was a McCree going to the roof of the saloon in Hollywood and finding 8 or 9 players having a dance party up there. he proceeds to high noon and kill 3 of them.
Is this what quick play has become?

Just making Mercy's res charge up longer would improve my enjoyment of comp drastically. Yesterday I had an enemy Mercy pull off a res literally within 90 seconds of the game starting, ridiculous.
Every character can have ult in under a minute. What you're looking for is an ult charge nerf across the board.

antitrop

Which already happened. People forget how quickly ults used to build before they reduced the ult charge rate globally.

Another global ult charge nerf wouldn't be a bad idea, though, honestly.

Nerf everyone's ult charge by like ~15% and then nerf Mercy's an extra 10% on top of that.

finalflame

Nerf everyone's ult charge by like ~15% and then nerf Mercy's an extra 10% on top of that.

Seems pretty balanced to me currently, I would be very surprised if they nerf it again. The key to not having the enemy Mercy get her ult in 90 seconds is to actually follow through with kills instead of just lobbing damage that the enemy team can heal through. Bad players love to do this -- sit at a choke lobbing damage to build the enemy team's healer ult charge without ever engaging.

LiK

I've been saying this for a while. Mercy Ult charge should be increased.

antitrop

Seems pretty balanced to me currently, I would be very surprised if they nerf it again. The key to not having the enemy Mercy get her ult in 90 seconds is to actually follow through with kills instead of just lobbing damage that the enemy team can heal through. Bad players love to do this -- sit at a choke lobbing damage to build the enemy team's healer ult charge without ever engaging.

That's not realistic, unless you're running some stupid shit like a Hanzo/Widow comp and the enemy team makes no attempt to counter it.

Mercy will get her ult fast as fuck at all ranks of play.

Fugu

There's a lot of fucking good Hanzos on console. The problem with Ana is she doesn't feel designed at all with a controller in mind.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, you have low skill heroes like Junk, Sym and Mercy and players can perform much better with these heroes at lower ranks compared to similar heroes.

The previous post about Sym I made wasn't to say she needed "buffs", I think she needs a new passive, and maybe her turrets shouldn't die to lock on beams or something. But her and Junkrat are oppressive to play against at Bronze because of the skill required to effectively use them.

If you change their primaries to require more "skill", people wouldn't complain about those heroes at lower ranks.
Junkrat stops being good in, like, silver. Balancing for that range is pretty silly since just about everything will go unchecked at that level and whatever takes the least amount of effort is likely to run amok. I guess they could try to make all characters require the same amount of skill but on top of being impossible this would both still not achieve the (similarly impossible) goal of balancing bronze while being a textbook example of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Finally got Genji 2 kills with one reflect trophy, and it was actually 3 kills. Stupid Bastion, I killed a Rein getting healed by Mercy, the Mercy and the Bastion.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
is this a thing now? NA trolls coming on EU servers with their smurf accounts with massive pings and just throwing us the game?

?

Hanzo is one of the few characters in this game that's actually worth a damn in terms of having a decently challenging skill floor, a high skill ceiling, and a skill curve that delineates progress from summer camp noober kaboober archery club kid, to Katniss Everdeen, and finally the mastery bow slingery of Leg-o'lamb Leanbeef Lard of the Onion Rings. It's not a coincidence that a lot of old TF2 players are also Hanzo players. Seagull, Platinum, Ruwin, and even the odious Mangachu (STAR_'s former hat-amite) are all Hanzo pickers. The character has a lot of outplay potential with high impact, and his toolkit is far more self-contained compared to other characters where their balance exists purely in relation to others. In other words he actually feels like an FPS character instead of a diet MOBA "champ" thing that a bunch of the other classes got going on.

outside of his "press e to do 400 damage" which instagibs over 90% of the roster, hes crap. hes never the optimal pick for ANY situation and when the enemy is running a counter to him hes completely useless. this mostly filters out anyone with any actual intelligence leaving only the absolute lowest tier of people using him. they are trash and will never switch

yes im aware there are an extremely miniscule amt of players at grandmaster level who can make hanzo work through enough mechanical skill and abuse of the fisher price hitboxes and scatter arrow, but this is not applicable to 99.99% of the hanzo mains. and when you get stuck with one of that 99.99%, if there isnt someone equally as garbo on the enemy team you might as well just throw and get to your next game faster

Nazo

I love how the first game I play of Comp in like 6 months and the enemy team has a bastion who's obviously using mouse and keyboard.

This game is a shit show.

Edit: Oh GOOOOOD, hes in my second game too.

i instalock zen for eichenwalde defense. then they pick sym, and then ana, and someone said we only need one healer since we got a sym for tele.

so they were like zen, can you swap to your best dps. i'm guessing they don't check my s5 profile as ive been only playing zen and ana. i didn't have time to complain internally so i switched to s76.

thank fucking god the other team was bad enough where they let me kill them. even though we all 3 points but got them to 0vertime. i finished the round at 21 elim and got gold elim and damage so it wasn't my fault LOL

so on attack they ask if i want to support as one healer (ana) wasn't enough. so i switched to zen. we managed to cap the first point real quick. then team started to fall asleep. should have realized they didn't have a hitscan. so i could have went mercy. but i didn't want to mercy if everyone was playing low ground near the point.

i noticed they didn't get kills fast enough. i was gold when i switched to zen still with 4 more elim. switched off him to go mercy a bit. i think someone finally got gold since i dropped to silver. but got it back when pea shotted the mei. which made me think the team wasn't pumping out dmg and kills

Top Bottom