• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

British kids are restoring my faith in humanity.
"Please sir, Mr. Owzers, can you play two more games?"
225px-Tinny_Tim.jpg

Felt good to just punch out a few quick wins and call it quits.

Dirtbag

They really need to fix the whole timing on leaving a match after its over and counting as a quit. Needs to be scored immediately. I'm not a quitter but on a 2 hour ban now cuz Im impatient after playing with toxics. 10 minutes to lose should be enough blizzard. Don't troll me with your scoreboard

No.. it like... fails to cast. He yells his thing and then nothing happens. I don't think a D.va was even in the games. I'll have to keep an eye on that, but I've never seen this happen and I play Hanzo all the time.

I've had this happen with Tracer's pulse bomb. I hear the stick noise and the bomb detonate, but nothing happens.

MCD

I'm at the point where Genji feels like one of the cheapest characters to play against.

Now that I am maining D.VA, Tracer is a real problem.

Maybe I should increase my sensitivity because she is too fast. Whenever I see her I keep a close eye on her recall and shout to my teammates lol.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
In a game where Winston and DVa exist? lmao
See the thing about dive meta as a Zen player means every other player uses their move across the map ability and then I have to float to them. So Winston and D.Va will completely ignore their own backline as it gets murdered.

Veelk

Banned
Now that I am maining D.VA, Tracer is a real problem.

Maybe I should increase my sensitivity because she is too fast. Whenever I see her I keep a close eye on her recall and shout to my teammates lol.

Back when D.Va just got her DM buff and it basically had no CD, D.Va Tracer battles were a hoot. Her Burst->reload->Burst-> Reload pattern was met with DM->0.5 seconds of fire->DM->0.5 seconds of fire. It lead to a long battle, especially once Tracer rewinded, but D.Va would eventually grind her down.

You can still do an element of this. It's just that since her DM is on a 1 second cooldown, you have to eat one of Tracer's bursts before you can do it again. If you're soloing her, she'll eventually kill you (unless she's dumb enough to get too close), but it's proven effective for wasting her time while my teammates take her out.

MCD

Back when D.Va just got her DM buff and it basically had no CD, D.Va Tracer battles were a hoot. Her Burst->reload->Burst-> Reload pattern was met with DM->0.5 seconds of fire->DM->0.5 seconds of fire. It lead to a long battle, especially once Tracer rewinded, but D.Va would eventually grind her down.

You can still do an element of this. It's just that since her DM is on a 1 second cooldown, you have to eat one of Tracer's bursts before you can do it again. If you're soloing her, she'll eventually kill you (unless she's dumb enough to get too close), but it's proven effective for wasting her time while my teammates take her out.

Sometimes they don't help and I get stuck with an annoying mosquito lol.

This is me trying to take her down:

Zen is also a big trouble for me. Guys I am getting discorded can't do shit take him out plz

Nope. He is still there discording my ass.

Greddleok

I remember why I never play comp on weekends now.

I played Zen or Lucio the whole match. Top kills top damage top healing. The rest of my team refused to switch to anything useful. Bleh. So depressing.

I wish quick play was better, but the only place I really enjoy the game is in comp, but it's so frustrating.

Veelk

Banned
Sometimes they don't help and I get stuck with an annoying mosquito lol.

Zen is also a big trouble for me. Guys I am getting discorded can't do shit take him out plz

Nope. He is still there discording my ass.

You have boosters rocket, infinitely firing shotguns with a big spread, and a second life after you die. His huge and he's slow.

Dive that monk motherfucker.

Like, don't be stupid and watch out for his team so you don't get killed, but few characters are as good eating for D.Va as Zen is.

MCD

You have boosters rocket, infinitely firing shotguns with a big spread, and a second life after you die. His huge and he's slow.

Dive that monk motherfucker.

Like, don't be stupid and watch out for his team so you don't get killed, but few characters are as good eating for D.Va as Zen is.

Yeah but in that last game he was well protected. Every time I dive in 5 gang up on me lol.

I love playing as Sombra. I was picking her on KOTH matches and every time somebody says "we don't need a Sombra".

My last game one guy says I'm throwing cause I have so little time played with her and he switches to Widow. We lost the first round, he switches off Widow and we win 3 in a row.

gotoadgo

I love playing as Sombra. I was picking her on KOTH matches and every time somebody says "we don't need a Sombra".

My last game one guy says I'm throwing cause I have so little time played with her and he switches to Widow. We lost the first round, he switches off Widow and we win 3 in a row.
You just need to ignore them, you will get this every other match when playing as Sombra. Also, if you lose it's no ones fault but yours because Sombra is terrible and you're basically Hitler for picking her(I play a lot of Sombra, can relate).

_Legacy_

GG's Yager, I think Sundays might be our best day to climb. Been ages since we have gone 5-0 and some of those games were close! Even after we got stomped hard in the first round of Illios, that was a nice comeback that could have gone so differently if our randoms didn't switch.

HMD

A Winston is only as good as his supports, if you're having problems with a Winston then focus his supports.

It's so easy to dominate games with Winston when you have a good pocket healer.

Yager

Banned
GG's Yager, I think Sundays might be our best day to climb. Been ages since we have gone 5-0 and some of those games were close! Even after we got stomped hard in the first round of Illios, that was a nice comeback that could have gone so differently if our randoms didn't switch.

GG's! Yeah, Sundays are our days, good climb! That game on Illios started really bad, but as soon as the randoms let Maestro and me pick Dva+Winston and you Zen the match changed completely. I think that if we go with that Dva+Winston combo and you have Zen or Soldier/another DPS we have a pretty good chance to win the games (in fact that's why we got that 5-0).

BTW, we lost the match after you left and that other guy came in, as expected.

A Winston is only as good as his supports, if you're having problems with a Winston then focus his supports.

Disagree. I don't consider myself a "pro" Winston or anything close to that, but I believe that I'm good with him, and I don't need pocket healers. Knowing when and how to engange, planning your way out in advance and knowing how to get quickly to healthpacks taking routes that provide you cover is the way to play Winston properly, not with a pocket healer. I'd rather have a good "pocket Dva" than a pocket healer.

I have a (potentially maths related) question about setting the sensitivity for characters on PS4.
I have all characters at default, so 30%/15%, but for Widowmaker I have 100%/100%, with the scope sensitivity at 30%.

This is fine for me with Widow, but Ana is problematic, due to the fact I use her gun unscoped as much as scoped. I'd like to leave her normal sensitivity at default, but I'm not sure what I should raise her scope sensitivity to in order for it to match Widowmaker's as closely as possible, if that makes any sort of sense?

_Legacy_

GG's! Yeah, Sundays are our days, good climb! That game on Illios started really bad, but as soon as the randoms let Maestro and me pick Dva+Winston and you Zen the match changed completely. I think that if we go with that Dva+Winston combo and you have Zen or Soldier/another DPS we have a pretty good chance to win the games (in fact that's why we got that 5-0).

BTW, we lost the match after you left and that other guy came in, as expected.

Ha, typical. I thought I'd leave before he joined. I actually thought he was going to play in the game before!

LiK

Disagree. I don't consider myself a "pro" Winston or anything close to that, but I believe that I'm good with him, and I don't need pocket healers. Knowing when and how to engange, planning your way out in advance and knowing how to get quickly to healthpacks taking routes that provide you cover is the way to play Winston properly, not with a pocket healer. I'd rather have a good "pocket Dva" than a pocket healer.

One of the worst Comp games I ever had as Soldier was when a Winston was pocketed by a Mercy and there were protected by a D.Va. They basically hunted me down before engaging against my team. It was KOTH and I couldn't kill jack squat. Those three together can be worst cancer than Pharmercy. Thankfully, I don't see this combo much.

_Legacy_

One of the worst Comp games I ever had as Soldier was when a Winston was pocketed by a Mercy and there were protected by a D.Va. They basically hunted me down before engaging against my team. It was KOTH and I couldn't kill jack squat. Those three together can be worst cancer than Pharmercy. Thankfully, I don't see this combo much.

Yeah that's rough, you need a Reaper for those situations or someone to get some damage from behind while they're focusing you.

Mantrox

Got back into the game after a 3 month break.
Did the placements, usual stuff, got placed on 2900.

Played some games to get ready for the weekend, aaaand, got a 12 loss streak on sunday(biggest ever, played since launch day).
- 3 matches i got a player who DC'ed during the match.
- 3 Matches IN A ROW i got the same griefer who would wall the spawn, and even went as further as walling the TP when the team was sucessfully defending point 1 without him. Everybody reported the guy, and i still got matched with him, again and again.
- 2 other matches where i got the throwers, where instead of fighting back after a point is taken too quickly, they just start throwing the match and emoting.
- The rest of the matches were standard matches, where we lost due to some bad plays and some bad luck.

Welcome back!

I hope the punish system rework is worth it. There are still a lot of people who prevent others from having fun, and learning; and still get no punishment whatsoever.

LiK

Yeah that's rough, you need a Reaper for those situations or someone to get some damage from behind while they're focusing you.

I think I ended up switching but I don't think my team could handle them either. They were pretty well coordinated. We were stomped by them.

FYI, this was before the Reaper buff.

Blues1990

We just got stomped by a Widowmaker (xbox).

My god the humiliation.

A player that knows how to use Widowmaker can be a pain the ass to deal with, even when you coordinate to neutralize that player with her counters. There's no shame in loosing to a good player.

_Legacy_

I think I ended up switching but I don't think my team could handle them either. They were pretty well coordinated. We were stomped by them.

FYI, this was before the Reaper buff.

Ah fair enough, that's sucks!

It's funny, sometimes I find it pays off for other team (focusing on key threat for whole game) and other times it puts the enemy team at a disadvantage, if the rest of your team can wipe out the rest. Such a gamble but very annoying to be on the receiving end.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Are we expecting the new patch tomorrow? I know Doomfist is thursday, but I'm strickly speaking about balance & highlight/lootbox improvements.

Are we expecting the new patch tomorrow? I know Doomfist is thursday, but I'm strickly speaking about balance & highlight/lootbox improvements.

I wouldn't count on it, isn't the process to get a patch approved on console rather annoying? Having to go trough that twice to get two patches in the same week doesn't sound likely, especially considering the time we had to wait for the bastion and orisa fixes.

MCD

A player that knows how to use Widowmaker can be a pain the ass to deal with, even when you coordinate to neutralize that player with her counters. There's no shame in loosing to a good player.

You know the funny thing is after getting used to the usual meta or whatever you get thrown off so hard when they pick someone like Widow.

I was with randoms with no mic so no one countered her but it's ok. Can't win them all.

Blues1990

You know the funny thing is after getting used to the usual meta or whatever you get thrown off so hard when they pick someone like Widow.

I was with randoms with no mic so no one countered her but it's ok. Can't win them all.

I had a similar thing happen to me when I was playing Mei, as people left me to my own devices as they couldn't counter me (for some reason).

I wouldn't count on it, isn't the process to get a patch approved on console rather annoying? Having to go trough that twice to get two patches in the same week doesn't sound likely, especially considering the time we had to wait for the bastion and orisa fixes.

Every time a new hero has been released it has occurred at the same time on PC and console.

They wouldn't have announced Doomfist's launch date if the console patch wasn't ready to be out by then. I would expect a new patch either tomorrow or Thursday.

Every time a new hero has been released it has occurred at the same time on PC and console.

They wouldn't have announced Doomfist's launch date if the console patch wasn't ready to be out by then. I would expect a new patch either tomorrow or Thursday.

That's why I'm assuming there will only be one patch, on thursday. Doesn't sound likely to have another one ready for tomorrow, but everything is possible I guess.

That's why I'm assuming there will only be one patch, on thursday. Doesn't sound likely to have another one ready for tomorrow, but everything is possible I guess.

Doomfist might be in a patch on Tuesday but set on a timer to not release until Thursday. I think Blizzard has done something like that before for a new hero but I'm not sure.

Top Bottom