• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Counter DVa with Zen discord and Zarya. She'll melt. When I'm Zen, I'll just spam primary at her or charged shots cuz she can't DM me forever. Works most of the time unless she tries to target me directly to take me out.

Don't listen to this thing ^

Only way to fight back a good Dva that constantly DMs your main DPS and carry members/peels very well is to go Sombra and hack her, or use Tracer+Soldier where Tracer focuses supports while Soldier has a better chance at doing damage.

Zarya Zen is a bad combo that gets shat on hard by Emp. Don't listen to console bloggers/Junkrat mains.

Talonz

As a new player, I'm surprised D. Va was ever considered weak. Defense Matrix by itself would lead me to think she would always be somewhat useful.

It was bugged for the longest time and was only recently fixed. Bullets used to leak through it so it was not as effective as it is now.

Blues1990

Okay, wow, um....I can't say for sure how much Blizzard should increase her DPS if they decide to Roadhog her DM, but it should not be 50%. That's...it's unfair, yikes.

I think they'd have to lower her health too if they are going to make her a Dive tank, because she is very survivable for the power and escape she has in my playtest. (Granted, I was up against AI, but just how much damage I was putting in them, I saw how it'd work in practice)

And they need to up the actual cooldown. Because a good D.Va doesn't just spam her DM, a good D.Va uses it as select moments. As such, 2 second is PLENTY of time. I think even a 1 second DM might be good for her. Except when other characters are using ults, in which case she's no longer going to be able to counter Soldier's, roadhogs, and Pharah's ult.

This would make her a complete lone wolf character like Roadhog used to be. Other than defending against teamkilling oneshot ults, like a graviton, her protection against enemy fire would be minimal. It'd be better to use that for herself and when she goes ham on the enemy team with her power shotguns.

Honestly, trying out this gun powered, DM nerfed D.Va kind of re-enforces that she's in a really good place where she is currently right now for me. Call her DM boring or whatever, but it serves the team. If they decide to actually make D.Va a predator, she gon be scary af.

Either 300 HP/200 Armour or 100 HP/400 armour would be ideal, but I want to test that if it would actually work in the long-run.

LiK

Man, almost tempted to go solo q cuz I'm itching for Comp but nah. Looks like everyone will hit Masters and just never play with me again for the rest of the season.

Edit: Apparently Capps doesn't need to sleep.

hypernima

Banned

Only way to fight back a good Dva that constantly DMs your main DPS and carry members/peels very well is to go Sombra and hack her, or use Tracer+Soldier where Tracer focuses supports while Soldier has a better chance at doing damage.

Zarya Zen is a bad combo that gets shat on hard by Emp. Don't listen to console bloggers/Junkrat mains.

What if the other team isn't running Sombra? Her pick rate teeters barely on 2.09% for GM even.

For a lot of teams, especially in the lower elos this is a combo I've seen to great result.

LiK

Still salty from last time? Maybe you should move on. It's embarrassing.

Not everyone plays Sombra well enough to be in the team comp for that strat. Most people still play Zarya and Zen.

Again, move on.

Triz

Just opened a loot box that had double legendaries in it. Lucio skin and Tracer from newest set. Probably about my 10th box since the event started. All I really want is Widowmaker and Dad76.

Veelk

Banned
So, question about the reticle.

I see most people use green.

Does that noticably help you aim?

I don't want to switch to that color because I think it looks weird with the rest of the UI being white and blue.

If it noticably helps your aim, I might try it out, but I really don't want to. It looks sooo ugly.

Still salty from last time? Maybe you should move on. It's embarrassing.

Not everyone plays Sombra well enough to be in the team comp for that strat. Most people still play Zarya and Zen.

Again, move on.

You are starting to sound like my ex.

I don't want to switch to that color because I think it looks weird with the rest of the UI being white and blue.

If it noticably helps your aim, I might try it out, but I really don't want to. It looks sooo ugly.

It has good contrast with nearly all maps.

Zarya/ Zen is a nightmare for me when playing DVa. And when I'm playing Zen, it's fairly easy to Discord DVa and have Zarya cook her down in seconds.

Of course I'm just a gold console scrub, but I'd guess there are more than a few people here like me, so I think the advice is appropriate.

Pink shows up best for me, but it matches literally nothing unless I'm playing Sombra or DVa.

hypernima

Banned

I use Green and Yellow due to their ability to provide proper contrast against a red target.
In theory a Cyan pointer is good for targets but gets lost easily.

Zarya/ Zen is a nightmare for me when playing DVa. And when I'm playing Zen, it's fairly easy to Discord DVa and have Zarya cook her down in seconds.

Of course I'm just a gold console scrub, but I'd guess there are more than a few people here like me, so I think the advice is appropriate.

Dva shouldn't be that far forward. She can easily disengage, and she has a bigger effect overall in the team fight than Zarya since she nullifies all damage and can pretty much shut down Tracer. Dva is really strong; she is top tier for a reason.

If someone is having trouble vs a legit Dva, you just play the meta and don't pick something dumb like Zen Zarya; you are just praying not to get countered. And you will get countered by anyone who has a brain above diamond.

Again, vs Dva you go Sombra or Tracer Soldier. More optimal picks that don't get destroyed by a single ult.

I use green as well, shows up nicely on all maps.

Dva shouldn't be that far forward. She can easily disengage, and she has a bigger effect overall in the team fight than Zarya since she nullifies all damage and can pretty much shut down Tracer. Dva is really strong; she is top tier for a reason.

If someone is having trouble vs a legit Dva, you just play the meta and don't pick something dumb like Zen Zarya; you are just praying not to get countered. And you will get countered by anyone who has a brain above diamond.

Again, vs Dva you go Sombra or Tracer Soldier. More optimal picks that don't get destroyed by a single ult.

Dva can and does disengage when she's confronted by Zen Zarya. That's the point. Drive her away, fill that space, rinse and repeat.

I absolutely understand that this doesn't work above Diamond, but I'm not there and most likely never will be (along with 90% of OW players), so it's good advice for most of us.

LiK

Yeah games were not good, we were probably too tired, the games before were very intense for the most part.

Yea, I was expecting you guys to be tired from 6 games straight. Maybe tomorrow. I don't wanna drop back down again. If I drop, I wanna drop with a good 6 stack.

Blues1990

Yea, I was expecting you guys to be tired from 6 games straight. Maybe tomorrow. I don't wanna drop back down again. If I drop, I wanna drop with a good 6 stack.

Wise move. I dropped from 2750 to 2300, due to teams bickering, performing dumb stunts, and such, so I'm staying away from competitive until I can find a six-stack team that I can work with.

I just use white. I've never really had a problem losing it in the background.

LiK

Wise move. I dropped from 2750 to 2300, due to teams bickering, performing dumb stunts, and such, so I'm staying away from competitive until I can find a six-stack team that I can work with.

I think I would've reached Diamond tonight if I was able to join the stack. Frustrated I missed the boat. FeelsBadMan

Moonkid

Played with the PS4 squad for the first time in yonks today, first game was patchy but the second with Owzers and Carlos was pretty breezy. Teams that group together>teams that are scattered.

randome

Will anyone carry me to diamond on PS4 pls? I'm almost at 2800 and I don't want to go back and forth before I finally get to 3000. ;)

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Finally got a gold from the event boxes and it's 2 but none of the ones I wanted.

DnHDQXyl.png

Ramirez

I don't understand people, I get picked in OT after doing great all match and this guy just starts shit talking me, which fine, whatever. That game still ends in a draw, the pick didn't result in any loss. We of course get matched on the same team next game and he shit talks me all game despite me not responding, and refuses to heal me. We still win some how. People are fucking lame.

LiK

Geez, joined a group in QP and the enemy teams tonight are playing super serious. It's like playing Comp with those stacks. Couldn't even enjoy using DF.

I don't understand people, I get picked in OT after doing great all match and this guy just starts shit talking me, which fine, whatever. That game still ends in a draw, the pick didn't result in any loss. We of course get matched on the same team next game and he shit talks me all game despite me not responding, and refuses to heal me. We still win some how. People are fucking lame.

Come back to PS4 soon.

They need more night time maps. Night time Hollywood was quite nice looking.

You know, it was, which is weird since I love the color scheme of normal Hollywood so much. See also: Eichenwald during Halloween.

I despise King's Row's colors, but thought the Anniversary event there looked warm and inviting.

Colors are weird.

LiK

Which why I find it to be a bummer the time variant maps are stuck with CTF. The sunset in Ilios is very inviting, and Nepal at night is very cool.

Yea, is it really that hard to make nighttime versions of existing maps? Just release a non-Halloween one for Hollywood.

Blues1990

You know, it was, which is weird since I love the color scheme of normal Hollywood so much. See also: Eichenwald during Halloween.

I despise King's Row's colors, but thought the Anniversary event there looked warm and inviting.

Colors are weird.

Don't remind be about the Uprising event. Since the game doesn't have a permanent Player VS. Horde mode, it makes me sad.

Yea, is it really that hard to make nighttime versions of existing maps? Just release a non-Halloween one for Hollywood.

Hanamura at night looked awesome in the Dragon's short, so I'm surprised they haven't released that one yet.

LiK

Don't remind be about the Uprising event. Since the game doesn't have a permanent Player VS. Horde mode, it makes me sad.

Hanamura at night looked awesome in the Dragon's short, so I'm surprised they haven't released that one yet.

Different time of days would def give the illusion of variety so we're not looking at the same few maps over and over. It's quite puzzling considering how long it takes to release a new map.

Blues1990

Different time of days would def give the illusion of variety so we're not looking at the same few maps over and over. It's quite puzzling considering how long it takes to release a new map.

There are also a billion other things that they are trying to prioritize, so I can't exactly blame them for not doing this yet.

Funny enough, on the PTR, I noticed that they changed several asthetic elements on the Numbani map, and I hope they continue to do this for the others. (Restoration for Ichenwald, perhaps?)

Top Bottom