• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

the whole thing is shit you can just say that
Lol yeah guess that would be easier
I haven't spent a dime on Overwatch ever since pre-ordering the Origins Edition. I don't see the point in spending money on this game. In my 70 hours playing (aka not that much since I often take months off from the game when it burns me out), I have a bunch of seasonal skins, including Yeti Winston, Ironclad Torbjorn, and Grillmaster 76. Basically you won't be drowning in skins but you'll have enough to be happy.

Plus with year-old seasonal skins being purchasable for regular prices, you can just grind gold over the course of the year and save up 1k gold for any seasonal legendary from last year that you want. I'm definitely picking up Mercy's Witch skin for 1k gold during the next Halloween event, for example.
Uh pretty sure the only reason last year's summer legendaries are 1k is bc they were unavailable for purchase last year

I'll be surprised if witch mercy isn't 3k

Blues1990

But I want more variety to pick from!

If we are going to get more Support Heroes, I want them to support the team through variety and more nuanced mechanics than being another damn healer.

Give me a Support Hero that has great crowd control options, or can manipulate the position of its enemies/allies, or a Tank/Support Hero that can provide a Damage Resistence Aura.

Trickster

Think I'm gonna choose to be a toxic shithead in competitive and just always pick dps no matter what the comp is. Fucking done trying to fill only for dps to be useless as fuck.

At least this way I can get some kills during a match rather than stand around with a finger up my arsehole waiting for something that never happens to happen

edit - oh look, totally justified in not giving a shit, next game my teams comp is like that of quick play

HMD

I've said before but her problem on console is bad aim, which you cannot really buff or fix.

If you made friendly hitbox bigger for people with bad aim it just turning her into Mercy-lite.

The aim is only bad because there is no friendly aim assist, aim assist with Ana only applies to enemies. I believe there should be a toggle or something for Ana on PS4 that can switch up aim assist away from enemies to teammates.

Think I'm gonna choose to be a toxic shithead in competitive and just always pick dps no matter what the comp is. Fucking done trying to fill only for dps to be useless as fuck.

At least this way I can get some kills during a match rather than stand around with a finger up my arsehole waiting for something that never happens to happen

edit - oh look, totally justified in not giving a shit, next game my teams comp is like that of quick play

People literally stopped giving a shit for some reason, it's like a collective burn out.

Finally out of shit-tier bronze since I went back to being a Mercy main. Clawing my way up through Silver now.

I suck with all the tanks. And the only DPS I think I can play at all is Soldier. Except I never get to because I can't trust rando's to actually heal, even when they do pick a healer.

On the bright side, being the solo healer in the majority of my matches has probably helped me up my game.

I think I was around 67% win rate with Mercy in bronze, I fully expect that to take a hit in Silver.

antitrop

Finally out of shit-tier bronze since I went back to being a Mercy main. Clawing my way up through Silver now.

I suck with all the tanks. And the only DPS I think I can play at all is Soldier. Except I never get to because I can't trust rando's to actually heal, even when they do pick a healer.

On the bright side, being the solo healer in the majority of my matches has probably helped me up my game.

I think I was around 67% win rate with Mercy in bronze, I fully expect that to take a hit in Silver.
You can probably get to Gold before your win rate drops below 50.

HMD

Is this your first Multiplayer FPS? If so, I'd recommend picking up a character like Tracer that forces you to learn the layout of most maps and the location of healthpacks/flanks and stuff like that, it would also help with your aim.

Kysen

As long as you know when to hide and rez the SR system will stack your gains. Should be able to make it to diamond easily.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I never play competitive because it anything ranked, ever, annoys the shit out of me. Played, like 3-4 to get the ranking, though, and had this guy complaining to report this one guy for "throwing" when that guy was the only one switching to different roles to help out and the guy only stayed on Hanzo even though we were getting shit on and we had zero tanks.

At least when dumb shit like that happens in QP it doesn't matter.

Is this your first Multiplayer FPS? If so, I'd recommend picking up a character like Tracer that forces you to learn the layout of most maps and the location of healthpacks/flanks and stuff like that, it would also help with your aim.

Nope, and I have something like 160 hours on Mercy.

I'm old and have dull reflexes, I also have crappy Internet.

Or they just.... revert her un-needed nerfs to when she was viable for console?

She was never viable on console compared to Mercy. Her nade not her main source of healing and her problem has always been aiming at allies to heal them.

The other healers all got it easy mode (in regards to healing), Mercy just locks on, Lucio AoE, Zen orb and forget. Sure not all can keep up with Ana theoretical healing, but in practice she not so good (for majority of players) and either healer is fine as second healer.

She was never viable on console compared to Mercy. Her nade not her main source of healing and her problem has always been aiming at allies to heal them.

The other healers all got it easy mode (in regards to healing), Mercy just locks on, Lucio AoE, Zen orb and forget. Sure not all can keep up with Ana theoretical healing, but in practice she not so good (for majority of players) and either healer is fine as second healer.
Nah, before mercy's healing and rez buff and with the tank meta Ana was still very, very good on console.

There was no reason to nerf her damage on console for one lol

The final day of the US qualifiers are today with US and Chinese Taipei playing in 10 minutes!

For those disappointed about the quality of the matches so far this will quite easily be the best day and the U.S. in particular will really be put to the test.

Blues1990

The final day of the US qualifiers are today with US and Chinese Taipei playing in 10 minutes!

For those disappointed about the quality of the matches so far this will quite easily be the best day and the U.S. in particular will really be put to the test.

Perhaps I'm a bit bias, but I really love the games between Russia & Canada. Team Canada in general have been rocking it, in general.

exYle

Seems like most of the group stage was only supposed to eliminate the bottom 24 teams in a series of stomps with a few tight games here and there, most likely between teams that we're going to the playoffs anyways

LiK

The only two good teams in this group finally playing against each other.

Mr Git

Got 4 comp wins in a row so decided to stop before it goes badly. Won an attack Eichenwald with a quintuple kill with D.va in the last 10 seconds. Felt great after about 5 whiffed destructs. Now in platinum at least. I don't play enough comp to climb to diamond before this season finishes I don't reckon, but not a bad next season goal.

pizzacat

Banned
There's more to ana being worse right now (esp on consoles) than just a nerf but I still believe aim has lots to do with it more than this nerf

The meta has not been going her way anyway this was bound to happen nerf or not

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Uh pretty sure the only reason last year's summer legendaries are 1k is bc they were unavailable for purchase last year

I'll be surprised if witch mercy isn't 3k

I don't know, it sounded like this was something that was going to happen for all future seasonal events. We'll see during the Halloween event I guess.

Shredderi

Man why is the winratio so low in arcade modes? Me and my friend try to get the extra boxes and we win like one every ten matches without hyperbole. Friend might have played over 20 games last night without winning a single one. Is it like that for everyone? Is the win my enemies get the rare win for them as well? Did they suffer through 10 losses in a row before that win? I wouldn't care but I need that extra loot box. After that it's all the same. On total mayhem my team always has the inferior DoomFist while the enemy team has the unstoppable broken immortal machine.

Ramirez

I was one win from Diamond, and since then I've had...

-A guy get mad because someone in voice said he was carrying the DPS as Zarya, so he went Torb and we got stomped in an easy win.

-A group of 3 accuse me of throwing because I picked DF, whom I have a 75% win ratio with.

-Just now a guy go on a tirade against a female player, and quit after the first round.

Fuck this community, man.

-A guy get mad because someone in voice said he was carrying the DPS as Zarya, so he went Torb and we got stomped in an easy win.

-A group of 3 accuse me of throwing because I picked DF, whom I have a 75% win ratio with.

-Just now a guy go on a tirade against a female player, and quit after the first round.

Hopefully we'll see a bit of relief when school starts back up for everyone in the next 1-2 weeks. Weekends will always be bad

Nepenthe

Finally had my first win in Comp in God knows how long. Was nervous doing it because I do Lucio, but I don't really know how viable he even is when Mercy is the top dog in that regard. Couldn't tell whether or not I was just wasting space until we all kinda switched around the second match anyway and I mained Orisa and Pharah instead. Is there any point in using Lucio with Mercy being so common?

antitrop

Finally had my first win in Comp in God knows how long. Was nervous doing it because I do Lucio, but I don't really know how viable he even is when Mercy is the top dog in that regard. Couldn't tell whether or not I was just wasting space until we all kinda switched around the second match anyway and I mained Orisa and Pharah instead. Is there any point in using Lucio with Mercy being so common?
There are pretty much two heroes in the running right now for 'Best Hero in the Game (at the moment)': Lucio and Winston

Lucio will always be one of the best heroes until they straight up remove his Speed Aura. He does a shitload of damage, Boop and Speed Boost are two of the best engage/disengage tools in the entire game, Sound Barrier charges fast as hell and is one of the best Ults in the game, and so on.

Right now Lucio and Zen are the "meta" supports, but you take them together. Solo-healing is rarely viable.

Comp on ps4 drives me crazy. I just want diamond again but solo queuing isn't working. I'm flexible and will play whoever but I need people to use the mics. Teamwork is the only way to win.

It's going to be awkward seeing Reinforce on the analyst desk in about an hour considering he just announced he is LFT after getting benched on Misfits...

One sided games are the most mind numbingly boring games to be in (either side) Just watching that payload line snowball.

Too bad they're a big majority.

Gorillaz

Comp on ps4 drives me crazy. I just want diamond again but solo queuing isn't working. I'm flexible and will play whoever but I need people to use the mics. Teamwork is the only way to win.

Bro I think I played with you a few hours ago today. I could have sworn I saw your name.

Think we were on echenwilde or whatever the fuck you spell it we lost a close one on the 2nd point

Cappa

Banned

this is why I stick with the ps4 version even if it's slower paced the community isn't so toxic

Biggest problem on console is just throwing but same shit on pc lol

LiK

this is why I stick with the ps4 version even if it's slower paced the community isn't so toxic

Biggest problem on console is just throwing but same shit on pc lol

Yup, PC is even more toxic than anything on console. Cuz the worms will just use text chat if they don't wanna scream on mic.

Almost have every single player icon. Think I been playing a bit much since the event started.

BdwFAon.png

Veelk

Banned
Wow. Worst match of overwatch in a LONG fucking time.

First I get a widowmaker who (because of course) cannot get any shots for the entire first point of dorado until FINALLY switching to Genji late in the game, where it doesn't matter. Then on defense we get Zenyatta as a healer who as far as I could tell did no healing and me as solo tank.

But one dude in the back did NOTHING but bitch bitch bitch bitch and bitch the entire game. So that was fun.

And just to top it off, I wanted to get out of the game as fast as I could. But even though the defeat scene showed up, I left and it counted me as leaving the game. I tried to join again, but too late. So now I got a 10 minute suspension PLUS 50 points of SR loss.

Fuck you, overwatch.

Top Bottom