• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Kysen

QP is dead to me when the ptr patch goes live. Just did a 4hr stint in deathmatch FFA, once the matchmaking is more fair on live this will be my go to mode. Its perfect for just playing your own game, no need to worry about team mates and can just focus on getting better.

Wow. Worst match of overwatch in a LONG fucking time.

First I get a widowmaker who (because of course) cannot get any shots for the entire first point of dorado until FINALLY switching to Genji late in the game, where it doesn't matter. Then on defense we get Zenyatta as a healer who as far as I could tell did no healing and me as solo tank.

But one dude in the back did NOTHING but bitch bitch bitch bitch and bitch the entire game. So that was fun.

And just to top it off, I wanted to get out of the game as fast as I could. But even though the defeat scene showed up, I left and it counted me as leaving the game. I tried to join again, but too late. So now I got a 10 minute suspension PLUS 50 points of SR loss.

Fuck you, overwatch.

Wow, that's fucked.

Think I remember someone in here sayin ya had to wait til POTG screen before leaving.

That's what I do after those type of games.

Wow. Worst match of overwatch in a LONG fucking time.

First I get a widowmaker who (because of course) cannot get any shots for the entire first point of dorado until FINALLY switching to Genji late in the game, where it doesn't matter. Then on defense we get Zenyatta as a healer who as far as I could tell did no healing and me as solo tank.

But one dude in the back did NOTHING but bitch bitch bitch bitch and bitch the entire game. So that was fun.

And just to top it off, I wanted to get out of the game as fast as I could. But even though the defeat scene showed up, I left and it counted me as leaving the game. I tried to join again, but too late. So now I got a 10 minute suspension PLUS 50 points of SR loss.

Fuck you, overwatch.

I fucking HATE that comp forces you to sit through the god damn victory/defeat screen. In qp I can leave as quickly as it shows up, but in comp blizzard is "nope, fuck your salt, sit through the whole thing".

That team combo you just did where you destroyed the other team at the last second? Yeah we're gonna wipe the script, start over and pretend it didn't happen with rez. I can't believe a year on and she's still the same lol

The more bodies you wanna rez, the longer and more exposed you should be.

I don't see france checkmarked there purple face lady
image.php
Jeff Kaplan is racist towards purple face lady and co.

Death match is going to be my go-to mode for playing heroes I tend not to play as often like Widowmaker and Symmetra.

Where is death match? I am just doing 9 arcade matches a week (usually 3v3 elim), but I could switch it up to 6v6 elim for a change of pace here and there.

That's about all the interest I can muster in the game until Roadhog becomes playable again.

Blues1990

Where is death match? I am just doing 9 arcade matches a week (usually 3v3 elim), but I could switch it up to 6v6 elim for a change of pace here and there.

That's about all the interest I can muster in the game until Roadhog becomes playable again.

Both Deathmatch & Team Deathmatch are still on the PTR, but when they'll transfer to the main game is unknown at this time.

USA beat Germany and qualified for Blizzcon!

Now we have to see if that sample bracket is real or not as the U.S. would have to play South Korea if it's real.

Kalentan

They really need to nerf Genji on console.I know hitting him is probably super easy on PC but on console he's just too quick.

Also Orisa needs to get buffed in terms of her guns accuracy. It's spread is way too much. You can be pointing your cross hair over a player and every shot will miss because they all just go everywhere.

Blues1990

1. I can't be the only one who is starting to notice that I'm dying when I use Mei's ice wall, no? I get launched out of the game map and immediately die. Also, Mei's ultimate cancel's out.

2. How did the qualifiers go for the World Cup? I know Canada did well and are facing off against the United Kingdom down the road, but what about the others?

3. Smex on the D.Va is the D.Va I aspire to be. Incredibly underrated.

Veelk

Banned
Quickplay is so fucking stupid. I'm trying to practice genji (seriously, why the fuck do I even bother), but an enemy sym keeps setting up her turrets at the fight areas. Whenever this happens and I'm playing D.Va, I consider it my job to erase those turrets. But our D.va apparently has better things to do, and as Genji, I have to pick them off one by one because no one else will. I literally saw my entire team die because they wanted to fight the enemy team instead killing the turrets melting them.

The teams are always so baaaaaaaaaaad.

Wish they would run double xp again for the event.

It's tough to grind xp in quickplay cuz the matches usually only last like 2 minutes from the retarded team comps.

I judge how well the group is doing by how long it takes for Ned to leave.

Uh-oh. Were you playing Doomfist?

Quickplay is so fucking stupid. I'm trying to practice genji (seriously, why the fuck do I even bother), but an enemy sym keeps setting up her turrets at the fight areas. Whenever this happens and I'm playing D.Va, I consider it my job to erase those turrets. But our D.va apparently has better things to do, and as Genji, I have to pick them off one by one because no one else will. I literally saw my entire team die because they wanted to fight the enemy team instead killing the turrets melting them.

I played a QP game where it was five DPS and me playing as Lucio. The Hanzo continuously spammed I need healing while I was right next to him, then he died to a headshot from another Hanzo, then spammed I need healing again as he was returning, and then immediately died to scatter arrow, then spammed I need healing more.

So I switched off Lucio to Doomfist and just practiced my technique with him until the match ended.

QP is awful.

Jacqli

But I do not understand why Dva should do that. Symmetra can melt her as her defense matrix is useless against the turret and beam (except for the bubble), it would be better a Pharah or a Winston to do that job. It is the same that you described with Genji, he cannot reflect both attacks so he is weaker against her.

I might be missing something, but I do not get this complain.

Veelk

Banned
But I do not understand why Dva should do that. Symmetra can melt her as her defense matrix is useless against the turret and beam (except for the bubble), it would be better a Pharah or a Winston to do that job. It is the same that you described with Genji, he cannot reflect both attacks so he is weaker against her.

I might be missing something, but I do not get this complain.

D.va doesn't have to get in Sym's range to kill the turrets. She has a huge spread, infinite clip, and Sym's turrets only have 1 hp. All D.va literally needs to do is fire in the general direction of where she sees the turrets and they instantly die.

Jacqli

D.va doesn't have to get in Sym's range to kill the turrets. She has a huge spread, infinite clip, and Sym's turrets only have 1 hp. All D.va literally needs to do is fire in the general direction of where she sees the turrets and they instantly die.
It depends on where the turrets are though. If they are in the open then yeah, but any character could do that (better or worse). But if Symm hid them, then Dva is as fucked as the rest. Even Rein would be more useful in my opinion.

Veelk

Banned
It depends on where the turrets are though. If they are in the open then yeah, but any character could do that (better or worse). But if Symm hid them, then Dva is as fucked as the rest. Even Rein would be more useful in my opinion.

No. All nonspread characters need to deliberately aim at turrets with some measure of accuracy, depending on who they are. Genji, for example, needs to be precise because his weapon has no spread. With D.Va's spread, you don't even need to bother. Plus, genji's slow rate of fire is means it takes much longer too. Furthermore, if they're firing, that means their using precious ammo in their clips, which could cost them. D.Va doesn't have that drawback. And, lastly, the turrets are less of a big deal to D.Va than any nontank character, because if she does need to get in close to take them out, she has plenty of health to spare.

D.va's the one to take care of turrets, not dissimilar to Winston.

Big Overwatch League and Overwatch Contenders news! Cloud 9 has signed Laser Kittenz, one of the top teams in EU.

http://cloud9.gg/news/laser-kittenz

I have no idea what this means for the players currently on the Cloud 9 roster but this is a huge step towards their future roster. Not to mention, they get their manager Alicus, who is one of the smartest people Overwatch has to offer.

Apparently DPS player Nevix from Misfits is going over to Cloud 9 now too. Super flexible player that should do well for them.

That now means that Misfits has lost a DPS player and their main tank Reinforce in hopes of upgrading for Overwatch League after months of struggle and inconsistency. My problem is that I think Nevix and Reinforce were two of their best players so I'm really curious to see how they change their roster.

Nimby

Banned
Big Overwatch League and Overwatch Contenders news! Cloud 9 has signed Laser Kittenz, one of the top teams in EU.

http://cloud9.gg/news/laser-kittenz

I have no idea what this means for the players currently on the Cloud 9 roster but this is a huge step towards their future roster. Not to mention, they get their manager Alicus, who is one of the smartest people Overwatch has to offer.

Wanted it to be eUnited. I hope old C9 finds a good home. Adam and Roolf are some of my favorite supports.

Wanted it to be eUnited. I hope old C9 finds a good home. Adam and Roolf are some of my favorite supports.

That's why I think there is a good chance that they combine the two rosters or at least transfer over some of the players.

Like Adam has been the best player for the U.S. world cup team and he is arguably the best Lucio player in all of NA and EU, why not try to keep someone like him. Hell all the players on the NA team right now are very talented, but something must have been wrong seeing as they didn't even qualify for Contenders S1.

Veelk

Banned
I messed around with Soldier's controls and cross hair until I found one that I liked.

Then I tried playing him in QP and I didn't even vomit once.

JMn1xYQ.png

Ramirez

I try not to let this game make me mad, but when people play comp and make absolutely no try at a decent team comp, it breaks my patience.

Got a fucking Widow/Hanzo duo shit stain back to back. I'd love for there to be a separate comp mode that locked out fringe heroes like them, or at the very least not be allowed to run both of them at the same time, because it's a fucking shit experience 99.9% of the time.

I try not to let this game make me mad, but when people play comp and make absolutely no try at a decent team comp, it breaks my patience.

Got a fucking Widow/Hanzo duo shit stain back to back. I'd love for there to be a separate comp mode that locked out fringe heroes like them, or at the very least not be allowed to run both of them at the same time, because it's a fucking shit experience 99.9% of the time.

Too many snipers, nah lets put Hanzo with Widow and Genji, I dont understand why they dont change their heroes, when is clearly they are bad or the enemy is already pushing the objetive way to far from them

3-0 Mercy main soloq tonight after thronesing. One particularly good game but I dunno how much I like healing random people anymore, maybe they don't deserve heals.

Owzers

3-0 Mercy main soloq tonight after thronesing. One particularly good game but I dunno how much I like healing random people anymore, maybe they don't deserve heals.

When your lucioball potg's are just you scoring from the goalkeeper side, instead of the ones where you volley the ball past a player, wall ride to catch up, then shoot the ball into the goal....

Yea these days I've been trying to limit myself to maybe a couple of comp games a day, then qp if I still feel like playing. Any more than that, and I'm tempted to uninstall... this community is fucking terrible

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
This game, man. It's just a total coin toss if you're gonna have fun solo. Thankfully, tonight, the matchmaking gods were looking out for me.

I came back for the Summer Games after a ~3 month hiatus from the game entirely. I just couldn't handle the community - it's total ass. And boy, my placement games were terrible. Just awful. I went, like, 7w/3l or something. Started @ 1400, lol. So, I've been able to climb and climb and climb pretty easily - finally broke 2,000 tonight after about 20 games.

I will say, though - I don't chase "HUGE RES" moments as Mercy - but when you do get that five-man res, it feels so, so good.

Top Bottom