• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Veelk

Banned
Everytime I want to try playing a new character, I want to go into QP mode so that I can practice them. Or even to play overwatch in a more relaxed way. And every time I do, I just cannot understand people 'playing' badly as they do.

Surely Blizzard notices this? Surely they understand that this game is as playable as a game of basketball where an given person on the team can kick the ball in a random direction with no penalty can be.

It's so bad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I dub this trio 'Defense always wins on Total Mayhem? Not on our watch'
image2p4kp4.jpg

Mutombo

Everytime I want to try playing a new character, I want to go into QP mode so that I can practice them. Or even to play overwatch in a more relaxed way. And every time I do, I just cannot understand people 'playing' badly as they do.

Surely Blizzard notices this? Surely they understand that this game is as playable as a game of basketball where an given person on the team can kick the ball in a random direction with no penalty can be.

It's so bad.

you literally gave the answer in your reasoning. Everybody's bad because everybody's there to practice characters they suck with.

Got up to about 2 wins away from Grandmaster on LucioBall.

Next game. Get teamed up with an unranked guy who does nothing but try to score own goals. DEFEAT

Next game. The exact same guy on my side. DEFEAT

Next game. The exact same guy on my side. DEFEAT.

ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME, BLIZZARD!!!!!

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
The more I play, the more I hate scatter arrow, such a bullshit ability.

I think even after a year and a half, people are sleeping on how strong a Mercy-boosted scattershot is. Oh? Three half-health enemies go hiding in a room? Goodbye!

HMD

I think McCree's beach skin is actually good for competitive cause his hitbox literally appears smaller even though it's the same.

For some reason my aim with Zen is way better than 76.

Projectile heroes requie predictive/reactive aiming, some people like you and I are just better at it than tracking.

Owzers

Bad games eh. No 6 stack eh.
I was getting easily distracted as dva and we didn't really have the teamwork thing down. My soloq stuff was similar in that people will say let's go one way and then the team splits anyway and I have to decide which section to follow.

I think McCree's beach skin is actually good for competitive cause his hitbox literally appears smaller even though it's the same.

It's the opposite, you want a model that's bigger than the hitbox so people are more likely to miss by shooting at the sides.

Ramirez

I've had a string of about 8-9 games in a row now with throwers, or people picking troll comps. Across multiple days and play sessions, so it's not even me matching with the same people. I was 12 points from Diamond and now I'm back to 2700.

It's so bad.
PSN on Sunday was astronomically bad on quickplay.

Unfortunately I have to spend most of my time in that mode since competitive places me far outside my friends skill level. Holy hell, I've never EVER encountered so many shit tier DPS players and useless snipers on my team, in groups no less.
It's endlessly frustrating because I enjoy the game so much when it's on, but the ratio of quality games to "oh god why am I still here?!" is like 20-80 in favour of instalocking double sniper teammates shitting the bed.

The more I play, the more I hate scatter arrow, such a bullshit ability.
I'm still amazed it gets by untouched, I've heard the arguments that poor Hanzo has no other way to defend himself at closer ranges but that seems kinda silly to say when he has his overly generous tree trunk arrows capable of one shotting most of the cast anyway.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
PSN on Sunday was astronomically bad on quickplay.

Unfortunately I have to spend most of my time in that mode since competitive places me far outside my friends skill level. Holy hell, I've never EVER encountered so many shit tier DPS players and useless snipers on my team, in groups no less.
It's endlessly frustrating because I enjoy the game so much when it's on, but the ratio of quality games to "oh god why am I still here?!" is like 20-80 in favour of instalocking double sniper teammates shitting the bed.

I'm still amazed it gets by untouched, I've heard the arguments that poor Hanzo has no other way to defend himself at closer ranges but that seems kinda silly to say when he has his overly generous tree trunk arrows capable of one shotting most of the cast anyway.

Also, I don't know why snipers should even should have back-up tools for close-range. I mean, as a sniper you are, by definition, relatively behind the lines and should be the MOST aware of everyone's position outside of maybe a healer.

Bad games eh. No 6 stack eh.

Only two bad games fortunately, it was a 5-stack. There was no point in continuing that.

I was getting easily distracted as dva and we didn't really have the teamwork thing down. My soloq stuff was similar in that people will say let's go one way and then the team splits anyway and I have to decide which section to follow.

The first game on Nepal was pretty funny though a bit chaotic at times, the 2 randoms (teens probably) were pretty lively on chat and the other hanzo player was holding his own pretty well. One of them was living the doomfist dream lol

pizzacat

Banned
Chances of death matches being added tomorrow?

Doesn't seem like something that needs too much feedback. It's only, I assume, arcade.

blizzard changed rein without putting it on patch notes for the worst and then reverted him to his old self on the ptr for a week to test out something thats been in the game since launch

i doubt it

Ramirez

We get a pick on the Lucio, I Winston ult and go in...no one follows and I get blasted in chat, "we called for a regroup"...what the fuck man?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Got up to about 2 wins away from Grandmaster on LucioBall.

Next game. Get teamed up with an unranked guy who does nothing but try to score own goals. DEFEAT

Next game. The exact same guy on my side. DEFEAT

Next game. The exact same guy on my side. DEFEAT.

ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME, BLIZZARD!!!!!

I'm not sure why people still expect the competitive matchmaker to be decent. I'm pleasantly surprised when I get a good match.

Shredderi

Holy shit how is DoomFist not nerfed yet? It's a fucking one hit kill monster that's a lot worse than Hog ever was jesus christ what a shit character.
Yes I'm angry as fuck

Holy shit how is DoomFist not nerfed yet? It's a fucking one hit kill monster that's a lot worse than Hog ever was jesus christ what a shit character.
Yes I'm angry as fuck
It's a bit silly but the entire character is designed around it so idk what they should do

They managed to make a character more heavily reliant on one ability than Hog, lol

Doomfist's one hit kills wouldn't be so bad if they just nerfed his hit box a little.

Earlier I was playing as McCree and was killed by him when he did the rising uppercut and punch combo. The problem was he never landed the rising uppercut which meant his punch went straight over my head, yet I still died.

I didn't even see myself on the killcam.

rulerk1

i get its only qp but its obvious when your dps is a Mercy onetrick because you see just horrible gameplay. I wish your most played heroes was taken into account with the matchmaking

also stop playing comp and play qp sometime wtf

Shredderi

Doomfist's one hit kills wouldn't be so bad if they just nerfed his hit box a little.

Earlier I was playing as McCree and was killed by him when he did the rising uppercut and punch combo. The problem was he never landed the rising uppercut which meant his punch went straight over my head, yet I still died.

The hitbox is the size of a fucking house, seriously. I just picked him for the first time out of spite against a full premade and made mince meat out of them. Prior to that they were kicking our asses, hard.

Veelk

Banned
My experience with Doomfist in Comp is that he wrecks the enemy team until he doesn't. It's impossible to understate how much his tank-like make him the focus fire target of the entire team. And if you miss your shot, it's over. He's very high risk, high reward, because if you miss your shot or your team doesn't follow through, you are fucked.

My experience with Doomfist in Comp is that he wrecks the enemy team until he doesn't. It's impossible to understate how much his tank-like make him the focus fire target of the entire team. And if you miss your shot. He's very high risk, high reward, because if you miss your shot or your team doesn't follow through, you are fucked.

This is true. He's also fucked if there's a half decent Sombra on the other side because once he's hacked he's got absolutely nothing.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PerfectPerfectWallabyTwitchRPG

Just a while ago.

A few days ago I was playing myestery heroes in eichenwalde, area with the mega and wooden stairs right after the first gate, I was at the middle of the stairs and a charging doomfist appeared from the door above, I just retreat to the bottom of the stairs since the punch doesn't have vertical movement, he punched the wooden structure in front of him like 3 meters above my head and still got me.

It's fucking broken.

Veelk

Banned
This is true. He's also fucked if there's a half decent Sombra on the other side because once he's hacked he's got absolutely nothing.

You barely need Sombra because often players will just end up in a situation without cooldowns by themselves, since he's so dependent on them. His primary fire is surprisingly damaging, but it's also inaccurate as hell and only 4 shots.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
https://clips.twitch.tv/PerfectPerfectWallabyTwitchRPG

Just a while ago.

A few days ago I was playing myestery heroes in eichenwalde, area with the mega and wooden stairs right after the first gate, I was at the middle of the stairs and a charging doomfist appeared from the door above, I just retreat to the bottom of the stairs since the punch doesn't have vertical movement, he punched the wooden structure in front of him like 3 meters above my head and still got me.

It's fucking broken.

Irregardless of how good or bad Doomfist is as a character, this entire design is fucking garbage. You can't give that kind of mobility to a 4 second touch of death, you have no idea what angle he can come from.

I had a similar experience in mystery heros. Was on Numbani and wrapped around to climb the stairs, someone was waiting inside and charged out even though we were not level since I backed up he somehow made contact with me and I died instantly. He's much more obnoxious than anything else has been in the game.

Chance

i'm the same with Tracer, when i'm really fucking with a team i just can't help myself. always makes me happy to see people complain in the general chat after a match.

My Tracer trash talk amounts to...

Step 1: score what I believe will be PotG/otherwise wipe half a team or more.

Step 2: as they return from spawn, blink through their ranks chirping "ooh, scary!"

Top Bottom