• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Chance

I'm not sure if the changes will make her more fun or less but they definitely fix the bullshit wait and res strat.

It definitely sounds like she'll be more fun, but my fear is first and foremost how the controls for flying will work with a Dualshock.

I'm... Pretty hyped to try it, honestly.

The Mercy changes are kind of crazy. I'm excited for them, but it is kind of weird that something that was so integral to her identity as a character has been completely changed on a foundational level, even more so than hookshot.

Like, all those memes are just outdated now 😂

finalflame

These Mercy changes are on FIRE and will make her less trivial to play. Stoked to see less "mercy main btws" getting carried into Master/GM.

Can't wait to try it out myself :)

im the guy who only res one person anyways. so this change will feel the same to me LOL

and i'm the guy who flys around and pistol you anyways. so i'll feel right at home.

also. increase Zen movement speed, Daddy.
One trick Mercy with over 300+ hours on her. I agree with this rework. I think it's a step in the right direction. It fits my playstyle a lot and I wasn't a person who was a fan of hiding with res.

Season 6 will be great.

Blues1990

On the plus side, this will encourage me to use Mercy in a more active role, as that was the most boring aspect of her kit. Also, it's hilarious that the changes encourage the whole "Battle Mercy" thing.

antitrop

After the Hog nerfs, Harbleu has finally settled on becoming a Mercy main

79v9Xcg.png

Jellie

30s cd on res.
Thank god, Blizzard. We're FREE.

Oh, 10s cd during her ult. Well, better than before. It's max 2 resses during ult.

I imagine that flying above a teamfight is better than going into a corner, so she can do her job in a safer place.

She can get 4 rezzes off during those 20 seconds.
Rez->Ult which resets all cds->ult->wait 10 seconds->rez->wait 10 seconds->rez.

These Mercy changes are on FIRE and will make her less trivial to play. Stoked to see less "mercy main btws" getting carried into Master/GM.

Can't wait to try it out myself :)

Probably says a lot about my limitations that I'm stuck in low Diamond rut.

Although you say carried...i group with friends, not M/GMs :p

As a Mercy main i'm quite happy with the changes. She sounds more fun now.

I'm downloading PTR but my pet peeve with Mercy has been picking people to heal in a cluster...it's frustrating and doesn't really work when people have to move around to dodge stuff or make attacks.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Holy shit her ultimate is sick.

She can heal or damage boost multiple people at the same time now :O

IKizzLE

Forces Mercy to be more active, that's all I wanted. If she sucks or is really good after this, I could care less.

And I cannot wait for the DM nerf.

Chance

I definitely like that you can use it to...

-damage boost your entire team or
-heal your entire team or
-score at least a 2-rez or
-whip out the pistol and wreck some fools.

I really like that flexibility - makes it helpful in countless situations.

Sn4ke_911

Poor soldier mains now have another flying bitch to take down.

Jesus this look fucking stupid.

The pistole damage she does while ulting is freakin insane + unlimited ammo

Now people can really be Battle Mercy's.

R0ckman

Think they'll change up McCree, anyone have any ideas? He seems like such a basic character even if you are good with him and because of this they have difficulty balancing him.

LiK

Basically, if you're a very passive Mercy player who relies on team rezzes, you're gonna be hating these changes.

She can get 4 rezzes off during those 20 seconds.
Rez->Ult which resets all cds->ult->wait 10 seconds->rez->wait 10 seconds->rez.

glad they decided to put the final nail in the coffin for console ana

she's just needed a slight tweak or numbers buff on console for months but nah, it's easier to rework an entire character than make one not useless

Alucrid

Banned
on the plus side the renewed interest in mercy means +1 support which might give me a chance to play dps and if i have to play support it'll never be mercy

Veelk

Banned
Basically, if you're a very passive Mercy player who relies on team rezzes, you're gonna be hating these changes.

Just like D.Va's who are happy in their roles as DM bots aren't going to be happy with D.Va changes.

I, on the other hand, fully approve of buffing my killer rabbit capabilities.

finalflame

Is everyone else also hitting "Game server connection failed...retrying" when trying to connect to PTR? Trying to take the new Mercy for a spin but unsure if the PTR isn't connecting because of work firewall shenanigans or if it's just congested. Live seems to work fine.

This honestly isn't worrisome. Those bots are so easy to hit because of their predictable movement, that the amount of shots she hit there is underwhelming. I feel it'll be way less effective against a team of human players.

Sn4ke_911

The one trick Mercy era is finally over.

Seriously, i completely agree with Jeff, most Mercys when they had their ult stopped healing, hide and told the team to die all on the same spot.... it was fucking bullshit.

I'm really happy they are changing things.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
WTH!!!

I've been maining Mercy since release (And Pharah) and got damn, this is like a whole new character.

Gotta respect daddy Jeff and the OW team, theyre not afraid of doing big changes .
#TeamBaecy

Top Bottom