• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Overall though, I think these changes are gonna be a lot of fun and should make Mercy more viable on Attack. The mass healing/buffing of Valkyrie ought to be more useful for pushing a point than Rez ever was.

Man those Mercy changes are so, so welcome. While her ult is probably gonna have to get tweaked a bit (20 seconds seems like forever in OW time) overall I really like these changes and I might actually end up playing Mercy more now. She was the only support I didn't really enjoy playing but the solo Rez change plus Valkyrie ult makes her suit my play style way better. And no more bullshit hunt the Mercy to prevent Rez when trying to capture points now.

Also really looking forward to the D.Va changes - I've enjoyed all forms of D.Va and she's my most played character so I'm gonna have to see how I need to tweak my play style for her. I do like rushing people so the missiles are gonna be a fun little addition.

Also the hidden best news of this rework: since they're changing Rez which will lead to a trophy/achievement becoming unobtainable, it means they don't care about trophies/achievements when rebalancing.

Which means they might get rid of Scatter Arrow if we bitch about it enough! Goooooo team!

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
The staff boost on Mercy's ult seems almost too good. It's a group heal/damage boost for people who are close together. If enough people are alive, Mercy has no reason to use that unlimited ammo gun.

But then, that's pretty much how her gun always worked in that you only pull out the gun if you don't have any reason to use the staff, so I guess it's ok.

So this is gonna be a different patch than the Junkrat change + Doomfist hitbox fix, right? Or are they all going to eventually be lumped together?

Blues1990

Pooh shall never be returned to you.

organised.gif

Silly old bear!

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I don't see why you'd pick her gun over chain healing and chain damage boost, personally.
I agree that chain staff probably takes priority over the gun, but knowing that the gun is buffed is still good in cases where there aren't enough people around to buff/heal. Could help you fight while you res, or it could help you stall if you're among the last people alive on point.

Gorillaz

Mercy's ult can be used as a very good distraction too

I can see this being lucio on the payload stalling, levels of annoying in some games

_Legacy_

I'm really digging this new Mercy update, watching Ster's stream, she looks more fun to play. He got boosted by an Ana and went nuts with the new ult. I hope they stick with it, her rez ult is the best/worst ability in the game.

Having to hide for your team to die is not the way this game should be played. Bravo Blizzard.

Blues1990

I love playing both the tanks and support heroes, both of which offer variety and are fun to play. But I kind of don't like how they are co-dependent on each other, and how dependent BOTH classes are on the Offense Heroes. I can be at the top of my game with Zarya and Lucio, but if the Soldier: 76 on our team isn't left-clicking the enemy team well enough, then we lose.

I used to switch to Roadhog or D.Va to help even the odds, but that's not really doable anymore, what with every update both the Tanks and Support Heroes become increasingly more depended on DPS to peel and protect the team, but most of them just want to go off and do their own thing.

finalflame

I love playing both the tanks and support heroes, both of which offer variety and are fun to play. But I kind of don't like how they are co-dependent on each other, and how dependent BOTH classes are on the Offense Heroes. I can be at the top of my game with Zarya and Lucio, but if the Soldier: 76 on our team isn't left-clicking the enemy team well enough, then we lose.

I used to switch to Roadhog or D.Va to help even the odds, but that's not really doable anymore, what with every update both the Tanks and Support Heroes become increasingly more depended on DPS to peel and protect the team, but most of them just want to go off and do their own thing.

Well, that's kind of the idea of having a class trinity. A tank who can DPS too much would be OP, you can't be tanky and do a shitton of damage. Works the same way in MMOs, and in DOTA you even have the role of a "carry" DPS which basically the rest of the team has to work around.

I agree, though. This is part of what makes OW infuriating at times -- you really depend on your team. DPS can't do shit either if their tanks and healers are trash. And this means unless you have a good team synergy, you might be in for a shit time.

Veelk

Banned
It'll be nice to have a hog to yank an ulting Mercy out of the sky.

Hog exactly as he was before fits with the philosophy of all the changes to DVa, Junk, and Mercy. Seems more now like someone on the OW team had a weird vendetta against him.

Yeah, seriously. Just think of how they've treated each hero over the last few months.

Blizzard: "Okay, lots of big changes are coming to overwatch.

Orisa, you get a more powerful gun and a larger barrier!

Junkrat, how about we make your ult not useless and throw in an extra concussion mine while we're at it?

Hey, Widow, you know how you've been asking for a lower cooldown on your grapple and a buff to make your mine useful? Guess what you're getting!

D.Va, you get a goddamn mini-missile barrage, you lovable killer bunny you!

Mercy, lets just make you an actual god.

Reinhardt, even you get something. How about being able to look around while still keeping your barrier facing the enemy team?

Roadhog... we're replaying your gun with literal trash and letting you run while huffing gas. Enjoy, motherfucker."

Veelk

Banned
Time to buff Soldier to fight against a stronger Pharmercy. Even Veelk will agree.

No I won't! Even in the worst case scenerio will happily take an oppressive Pharmacy over an oppressive Soldier.

...but yeah, they're gonna have to do something with Pharmacy. I never agreed that they were that insurmountable as a combo in my games, but with Mercy being allowed to solo-rez every 30 seconds at least (when she's not ulting and doing it even more), putting down a good pharmacy is going to be difficult.

Top Bottom