• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

ISOM

Why would Blizzard allow Mercy to use her pistol while in her new ult form? It transforms her from a support character to legit DPS. LOL

ISOM

They've already said they are nerfing the pistol. It looks like quite a bit about the ult will get nerfed.

It just makes no sense that she can use her pistol during her ult at all. All the support characters have support ults that don't boost their own dps. I just feel like they're trying buff Mercy has mashed her into something that doesn't make sense.

We'll see with the nerf though.

Anne

Didn't I say recently they were probably going to redistribute skills so characters are more generalist? :v

I might be onto something :p

HiiiLife

Hopefully those Overwatch changes mean that the assholes that lock DPS will actually give healing a shot for once

Who am I kidding. Nothing will change. Business as usual.

While everyone is getting all these crazy changes, I still don't have Yoga teleport on Zenyatta, as well as a reduced hitbox.

Also Ana should get a lethal injection ability that she can use on sleeping targets, the new age of supports is upon us!

Veelk

Banned
Blizzard is gonna have to take a second look at this. Just seems wrong. And you say she can chain heal/boost, and has cooldowns reset and reduced during the ult?

Yea, that seems too good.

It's basically a "Make this character everything he already is but better" kind of ult, akin to Torb's Molten Core or (to a lesser degree) Soldier's aimbot.

I don't think these techniques are necessarily broken, but I always prefer it when an ult is a legitimate new ability vs "Do what your doing, but better"

So this is gonna be a different patch than the Junkrat change + Doomfist hitbox fix, right? Or are they all going to eventually be lumped together?

Different patch.

There's already one in certification process for console (junkrat+hog changes, deathmatch... I assume doomfist too).

HiiiLife

Has anyone here had personal experience going from console to pc??? Was it just a pubstomp?

Curious as to how you would typically do. I saw no reason a seasoned console player who understands team comp, counters, map control, etc would do hilariously bad. Just a case of getting used to the higher speed with kb and more precise aiming you'll have / have against you.

It's basically a "Make this character everything he already is but better" kind of ult, akin to Torb's Molten Core or (to a lesser degree) Soldier's aimbot.

I don't think these techniques are necessarily broken, but I always prefer it when an ult is a legitimate new ability vs "Do what your doing, but better"

Well 20 seconds to 10 seconds like Molten Core seems like a perfectly fine adjustment.

What compels people to spam invite you to their game like a dozen times in a row because that got annoying fast.

As a joke, I spammed invite my cousin on PSN while he was using the bathroom and there is literally no cap to the number of invites you can receive/send. I managed to send over 500 invites and he kept getting the notification for the next hour or so.

Mostly because people who play the game casually don't know what the community of Overwatch wants.

My friend who hasn't played OW in months because she didn't like the new Symmetra changes mentioned the Mercy changes to me and how she hates the game now that the platinum trophy will be unobtainable. Then proceeded to continue to say Symmetra makes the game unfun, not Mercy...again, despite not having played since like March.

I mean...everyone is entitled to their opinions, but if you only boot up the game for a few matches every event, don't expect to be able to tell people who play nearly every night what changes need to be made to the game.

Well 20 seconds to 10 seconds like Molten Core seems like a perfectly fine adjustment.

I'd be okay with a shortened timeframe on it as well, but they should shorten the Rez to once every 5 seconds if they're shortening the duration. I feel like the ability to do multiple Rezzes during the ult is key.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Junkrat feels pretty good but its bizarre to me that Mercy gets a new ult before him

literally the most useless ult in the game

My friend who hasn't played OW in months because she didn't like the new Symmetra changes mentioned the Mercy changes to me and how she hates the game now that the platinum trophy will be unobtainable.
With the rework, getting the Huge Rez trophy will still be more likely to obtain than the Rapid Discord trophy.

I kid, I kid

Junkrat feels pretty good but its bizarre to me that Mercy gets a new ult before him

literally the most useless ult in the game

It just got buffed, also even as it is when I see streamers using junkrat they often get picks with it, and it can also serve as zoning ult. McCree by comparison seems to have way less return most of the times, not that I think it's a bad ult.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Fingers crossed I can make masters next season cause it doesn't look I'll be doing it on the last days of this one.

Disappointed there wasn't a Douple XP weekend to close out the summer event. Got a taste of it during the Anniversary and now I want more. I have only received one skin from this year's event in close to 30 boxes.

j1tkR1P.gif

I know it's just bots but... damn.

As S76 I would often drop my healing station and fight D.Va when she was going for me, managing to demech her often.

Now I'll just bail. If you don't have mobility you're fucked though.

Veelk

Banned
I know it's just bots but... damn.

As S76 I would often drop my healing station and fight D.Va when she was going for me, managing to demech her often.

Now I'll just bail. If you don't have mobility you're fucked though.

That's right, Soldier's better goddamn run! I'm coming for them. I'm coming for them ALL!

(Still bummed about not being able to eat their ult tho)

Has anyone here had personal experience going from console to pc??? Was it just a pubstomp?

Curious as to how you would typically do. I saw no reason a seasoned console player who understands team comp, counters, map control, etc would do hilariously bad. Just a case of getting used to the higher speed with kb and more precise aiming you'll have / have against you.

I was Gold/Diamond on Console.

So far I have only been Gold on PC.... But I have accepted my position in life... so now I mostly just have fun.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Isn't Mercy having rez on cd for single rezes just going to promote tank heavy meta again? You can pick big beefy heroes that take a while to die then just rez them so you dont even have to worry about their long run back.

Yesterday on Eichenwalde, playing MH, was Torb going to the right opening of the first choke point, a Rein appears and charges the wall in front of him, I backed away to the small health pack area but somehow the game considered I was pinned when he wasn't even remotely close to me. Fuck this game.

I was living the dream being a attack Torb... they took that away from me.

Also I love those MH changes, no more assholes spending a whole game killing themselves until they get a hero they like.

Prelude.

Considering that Pharmercy is in every game, I'd really like to know why my team always starts without a comp capable to deal with them.
"I'll switch after the first point." What if I want to defend the first point?

Considering that Pharmercy is in every game, I'd really like to know why my team always starts without a comp capable to deal with them.
"I'll switch after the first point." What if I want to defend the first point?

That and "I almost have my ult"... so fucking annoying. If your team is being destroyed by something that you don't have a counter for you should switch asap, forget about your ult, you're just giving them more time.

My last free Arcade loot box of the event...and I got the Junkrat Cricket skin.

Well...I mean, Junkrat's one of my favorites to play, so I guess that's cool. At least it was an event legendary!

There's a lot of people who have converted and we all came to the same conclusion, all non-mechanical skills transfer 100%. DPS console mains might suffer for the first few months (assuming they never used M/KB), the aiming impact is much less for support/tank mains. From what I've seen, people usually reach their at least one tier below their highest rank on PC (console diamond = at least PC plat).

If you're looking for a more personal answer.. I was/am a diamond (I did reach masters once) console player and I was able to reach diamond fairly easily with struggles getting past 3400.

Shouta

I keep getting crashes on PTR now even though it was working fine a little while ago. -_-

I can definitely see Mercy's new Ult getting tweaked more. Gun damage is going down for sure as they already said. Reducing it to 10 or 15 seconds would be fine as well. I'd definitely increase the range of her Rez to 10m. It being at 5m is soooo close it's weird. 10m seems just right without being super crazy, at least to me.

Blues1990

My last free Arcade loot box of the event...and I got the Junkrat Cricket skin.

Well...I mean, Junkrat's one of my favorites to play, so I guess that's cool. At least it was an event legendary!

He also has some excellent context-voice lines from the sport, which are pretty hilarious. I haven't figured out how to activate them yet, but they are in-game.

Anne

I keep getting crashes on PTR now even though it was working fine a little while ago. -_-

I can definitely see Mercy's new Ult getting tweaked more. Gun damage is going down for sure as they already said. Reducing it to 10 or 15 seconds would be fine as well. I'd definitely increase the range of her Rez to 10m. It being at 5m is soooo close it's weird. 10m seems just right without being super crazy, at least to me.

I think the point of the 5m thing is to make it not possible through certain walls, or at least difficult. 10m would make it a lot easier to do like that.

Top Bottom