• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

I'm a pretty aggressive DVa player as well. I love the rework.

I'm fairly certain you won't enjoy the rework as much as you're just gonna get popped out super fast now. Even when being aggressive, DM helps allow you to be aggressive.

It's not an issue for me because I barely play Dva, and Dva is one of the characters that annoy me when I go DPS (76). Now, she's going to be super easy to stop for me.

I didn't have a to hard of a time to pop her if she wasn't getting healed properly, now, It's going to be waaaaay easier.

LiK

I'm fairly certain you won't enjoy the rework as much as you're just gonna get popped out super fast now. Even when being aggressive, DM helps allow you to be aggressive.

It's not an issue for me because I barely play Dva, and Dva is one of the characters that annoy me when I go DPS (76). Now, she's going to be super easy to stop for me.

I didn't have a to hard of a time to pop her if she wasn't getting healed properly, now, It's going to be waaaaay easier.

None of her changes to DM ever affected my playstyle since launch. I actually don't use DM that much on my own. I prefer only using it to cover my teammates. I juggle a lot so this rework fits my style very closely. Gonna take some getting used to with any new abilities but it should be more fun to shoot missiles now.

None of her changes to DM ever affected my playstyle since launch. I actually don't use DM that much on my own. I prefer only using it to cover my teammates. I juggle a lot so this rework fits my style very closely. Gonna take some getting used to with any new abilities but it should be more fun to shoot missiles now.

how do you not get popped out instantly? does no one target you?

Don't see how you aren't getting popped out without using DM. I usually goto pop DVa asap whenever I am on soldier. Demeching DVa is HUGE in this meta.

R0ckman

They won't and they shouldn't touch McCree.

Actually looking at the forums, the only possible tweak looks like a cut down the cooldown on the roll, since the only reason it was useful was for when FtH was actually useful. I think they need to increase roll distance a bit, just so he isn't completely screwed if he gets cut off from his team.

Alucrid

Banned
Actually looking at the forums, the only possible tweak looks like a cut down the cooldown on the roll, since the only reason it was useful was for when FtH was actually useful. I think they need to increase roll distance a bit, just so he isn't completely screwed if he gets cut off from his team.

that's just one of the trade offs of running mcree

Nah McCree is fine.

Git gud scrub

Lulz. I mean, I'm good enough for console.

10 second flashbang is an eternity. If you have genji + tracer flanking your team you're gonna get one, but the other will get you before flash comes back.

Also, 8 seconds for your only mobility option is kinda long, considering it's shit and only good for a reload.

LiK

how do you not get popped out instantly? does no one target you?

Don't see how you aren't getting popped out without using DM. I usually goto pop DVa asap whenever I am on soldier. Demeching DVa is HUGE in this meta.

Boost away when I get focused on. Hide behind barriers like with Winston and Rein when I can. Have a healer who actually knows when to heal me. Lots of factors but unless I'm being focused on by a lot of heroes, I don't actually get demeched that often. This is especially tyru in solo or duo queues. Stacks do a good job demeching me cuz they know what to do.

When I play as Soldier or Zen, I will usually keep focusing on a DVa to demech her but most teams tend to focus on the Supports over me so I stay in mech longer.

Are you on PC? Have we played together?

Boost away when I get focused on. Hide behind barriers like with Winston and Rein when I can. Have a healer who actually knows when to heal me. Lots of factors but unless I'm being focused on by a lot of heroes, I don't actually get demeched that often.

When I play as Soldier or Zen, I will usually keep focusing on a DVa to demech her but most teams tend to focus on the Supports over me so I stay in mech longer.

Are you on PC? Have we played together?

yea I'm on PC.

part of DVa's role is to protect Winston when he jumps in. Your winston's role is to protect you?

Holy shit her ultimate is sick.

She can heal or damage boost multiple people at the same time now :O

She can heal or damage boost everyone on the team from the PTR notes. Pretty neato!

So what happens now with the "Huge Rez" achievement?

thinking-face_1f914.png

I protect him but hey, I'll use his barriers for protection if I can. It's right there.

I just think it is a huge nerf. I don't mind a Dva nerf, but this one is kinda huge. I think they could have went about it a different way. but like I said, this is going to make my job whenever I go on DPS so much easier, unless people stop picking her.

LiK

I just think it is a huge nerf. I don't mind a Dva nerf, but this one is kinda huge. I think they could have went about it a different way. but like I said, this is going to make my job whenever I go on DPS so much easier, unless people stop picking her.

Yea, guess we'll how it goes in PTR. Kinda curious to check it out myself this week.

komaruR

20s ult for mercy is a long ass time.
think pharah was annoying staying in the air and out of good dmg range? you haven't seen shiet when mercy valkyrie ult goes thru lol

Nazo

During the 20 seconds she has her Ult activated.

The pistol also has infinite ammo, shoots fast as fuck, and does extra damage. I want to see how Nano Boost combos with Mercy's ult.

I'm glad this is only during the ult.

I still think it's still far too much.

I can't see anything other than Soldier's tac visor being even somewhat reliable to kill an ult'ing mercy. Considering how fast she moves and how long she stays in the air.

(on console at least)

LiK

I'm glad this is only during the ult.

I still think it's still far too much.

I can't see anything other than Soldier's tac visor being even somewhat reliable to kill an ult'ing mercy. Considering how fast she moves and how long she stays in the air.

(on console at least)

Soldier and McCree need to gangbang her.

All these changes are great.

I like the idea of a more offense focused dynamic without Dva and Mercy cancelling out ults.

Good ult usage will even matter more since Mercy can only rez 1 if her rez isnt on cooldown, and no more "mercy hide fore rez".

Nimby

Banned
She no longer says "Heroes never die!"

Rework confirmed trash.

EDIT: I do like the changes, but Mercy needs to say "My servants never die" when I'm using the Witch skin. She HAS to.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Mercy's regeneration not stopping when she's getting shot is the dumbest thing imagimable.

Yeah this change kinda flew under the radar but is bonkers strong. Being effectively invincible and having access to 3 rezzes within the first 10 seconds of her ult is pretty nuts.

Alucrid

Banned
i really hope when people say offensive mercy they mean active mercy because if you're using your pistol instead of chain damage boosting then...

Top Bottom