• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

hypernima

Banned
Y'all sym main need to relax.

Fuck you say bout my kin bruh?
I'll have you know my attack teleporters take points faster than any configuration of the dive comp you THINK any pro meta can do.
When my shields are on, you can go in.
When I flank the supports, you can go in.
My barriers block Earthshatters ffs, so it's me keeping you on your feet.
You might think it won't come someday, but the Symmetra meta will, and all the skills I mastered while being a pariah in your meta will be worth as much as 5 golds.
You'll be begging me to queue, and I'll turn around and say:

I don't think so.

Jellie

I'll have you know my attack teleporters take points faster than any configuration of the dive comp you THINK any pro meta can do.
You might think it won't come someday, but the Symmetra meta will, and all the skills I mastered while being a pariah in your meta will be worth as much as 5 golds.

I don't think so.
Duo with me bro?

pizzacat

Banned
maxresdefault.jpg

When the overbuff link is still not being posted 🤔

Quadratic

Mina Kimes wrote a fantastic article about Geguri and the female Overwatch community in South Korea. It opened my eyes to a lot about the feminist community there too.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...n-south-korea-feminist-movement?sf114337952=1

When you're done, check out this short interview she did with Jeff Kaplan as well.

http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_...jeff-kaplan-talks-game-design-women-diversity

Thanks, I read both articles. I didn't know she did features like theses. I sometimes hear her on the Bill Barnwell podcast whenever they talk about the Seahawks or cover the NFC West.

Veelk

Banned
UGHHAHFDHAHDFHAF

I don't want to spend $40 on a skin, but it's d.va

what do I do?

Edit: Wait, it's for HotS? Just HotS? Oh, who gives a shit then

Veelk

Banned
It's still a cool cosmetic skin. *shrug*

Which is fine, of course, happy for the HotS fans in here that like D.Va.

But I'm exclusively interested in Overwatch stuff, so it's kind of a relief for that I won't have to cough up that much money for a skin.

And it's middling the line between being so unique that I really want it and being so edgy that I think the skin is kinda ridiculous.

Personally, some heroes have gotten skins that I think are almost perfect and don't see Blizzard topping themselves. Oasis Symmetra, Cyber Ninja Hanzo...Okay, Genji has 3 of them in Oni, Blackwatch, and Sentai. But I'm waiting for the absolute perfect D.Va skin to show up. I like her Cruiser skin, and her Junkertown skins are fun, but I'm not a fan of the insect ones and my favorite is actually the white one called White Rabbit.

I want a legendary that I feel the need to use exclusively.

Shredderi

Months after and I'm still not used to the nerf hog. It feels so disorienting on some level to outplay a genji on every level and constantly hook him and shoot+melee him only to have him run away off with a small amount of health. Then he is instantly healed and it all amounts to nothing. It's also not a target you can fire at once to soften and then hook because he is ungodly fast. Should be able to oneshot at least genji because he is one of the hardest one to hook in the whole game. It's so unrewarding to hook genji now. I almost don't even want to because it's borderline impossible to actually shut him down with that.

caesar

Banned
Months after and I'm still not used to the nerf hog. It feels so disorienting on some level to outplay a genji on every level and constantly hook him and shoot+melee him only to have him run away off with a small amount of health. Then he is instantly healed and it all amounts to nothing. It's also not a target you can fire at once to soften and then hook because he is ungodly fast. Should be able to oneshot at least genji because he is one of the hardest one to hook in the whole game. It's so unrewarding to hook genji now. I almost don't even want to because it's borderline impossible to actually shut him down with that.

Well it works both ways as genji literally does nothing to hog now.

Shredderi

Well it works both ways as genji literally does nothing to hog now.

Well while ulting he can kill my team without me being able to shut it down even if I land the hook. Requires teammates who are on point with that shit and focusfire on Genji to finish him but most of the time said teammates aren't on point :/

Blues1990

Which is fine, of course, happy for the HotS fans in here that like D.Va.

But I'm exclusively interested in Overwatch stuff, so it's kind of a relief for that I won't have to cough up that much money for a skin.

And it's middling the line between being so unique that I really want it and being so edgy that I think the skin is kinda ridiculous.

Personally, some heroes have gotten skins that I think are almost perfect and don't see Blizzard topping themselves. Oasis Symmetra, Cyber Ninja Hanzo...Okay, Genji has 3 of them in Oni, Blackwatch, and Sentai. But I'm waiting for the absolute perfect D.Va skin to show up. I like her Cruiser skin, and her Junkertown skins are fun, but I'm not a fan of the insect ones and my favorite is actually the white one called White Rabbit.

I want a legendary that I feel the need to use exclusively.

Which is understandable. I mean, I love Zarya's HOTS skins, and I wish they were in Overwatch as common Legendary unlockables. The game needs more common cosmetic items to unlock (that are not tied to an event), and I think they could do worse.

And before you ask, I only like the redesign of the Particle Cannon for Zarya's Cyberian skin. The skin itself is bad.

caesar

Banned
Well while ulting he can kill my team without me being able to shut it down even if I land the hook. Requires teammates who are on point with that shit and focusfire on Genji to finish him but most of the time said teammates aren't on point :/

If you land the hook he should take enough damage than any other source of damage will finish him off, the rest of that is on your team not Genji. If you play him for a while you will see how to play against him.

Thanks, I read both articles. I didn't know she did features like theses. I sometimes hear her on the Bill Barnwell podcast whenever they talk about the Seahawks or cover the NFC West.

She's only written about esports one other time, in another widely acclaimed feature piece over a year ago about Faker from League of Legends.

She's one of my favorite sports writers though, and the Bill Barnwell podcast is always top notch.

Veelk

Banned
Okay, now that I see her in the meka....no. No thanks you. I know the actual overwatch game has different proportions that might make it look better, but this...

ohkay

I don't think so.
:symmains:

Syf

Banned
I wouldn't. That meka looks like an intern's attempt at "here's two of our most popular characters now mash them into one."

AbaFadi

Banned

Try walking forward a bit before you shoot. I can get the kill on him more often than not.

Veelk

Banned
I feel like a lot of D.Va skins make you choose between a good skin for your meka or a good skin for D.Va herself. This is an extreme version of that. Fantastic D.Va (even if she's something of an Edgelady with it. She's like a D.Va from an alternative reality where she was personally raised by Reaper), horrid Meka.

Roadhog is supposed to use his team to get a kill.

It's a team game.

Unless you are Genji. Then you can wipe out a team by yourself.

Why does HOTS get all of the good OW skins ��
Junker D.va is my favorite!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah D.Va herself is fine. The meka is the big problem for me.

Also with that mouth it's totally a D.Va / Deathwing mashup

Oh, you're right, that's totally supposed to be Deathwing.

Junkrat is actually supposed to be a Diablo demon (I think the Fallen?) though.

junkratblojsup6.png

Veelk

Banned
Yeah, I'm a broken record on this, but they really should just do a Ctrl+Z on everything they've done with Roadhog in the last few months.

I generally approve of the changes they make to the characters. Symmetra is much better with her two ultimates. The Bastion rework was a valiant effort, even if it ended up a failure. I think the Mercy and D.Va changes will be good.

Roadhog however was just trying to fix something that wasn't remotely broken.

IISANDERII

Why do ana's keep nanoboosting me as D.Va?

The extra damage is appreciated, but it makes me a huge target and I don't exactly have a lot of range/options (yet) and I could be DMing the team.

On the other hand, I know I said it yesterday, but it bears repeating:

IF YOU ARE USING DUAL ZONE TURN OFF AIMSMOOTHING!

IT WILL FREE YOU
I turned it off and I'm liking it. I had my sensitivity up to 78 but turning off Aim Smoothing and I've had to reduce it quite a bit, now I'm at 42 sensitivity. I also had Aim Ease In at zero, don't know if I should turn that back up?

Blues1990

I was looking up why the Officer D.Va skin wasn't in HOTS, and I found this post by one of the 3D Artists from the development team. It's worth a read for how they adapt different assets from one game to HOTS, along with how their production pipeline differs from the Overwatch teams schedule.

Veelk

Banned
I turned it off and I'm liking it. I had my sensitivity up to 78 but turning off Aim Smoothing and I've had to reduce it quite a bit, now I'm at 42 sensitivity. I also had Aim Ease In at zero, don't know if I should turn that back up?

I have my sensitivity at 70, Smoothing at 0 and aim ease at somewhere between 15-20.

I might experiment with it a bit more, but currently, this gives me the space to make small incremental adjustments, when I need to, while letting me turn fast at will as well.

Top Bottom