• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

I just can't finish off pharah and mercy when I hook them in the sky, the position where they get pulled with the new hook feels so unintuitive to me, I always aim higher than I should because the hook brings them to the ground level instead of where I'm looking when I pull them.

Since it's something that doesn't happen frequently it's kinda hard to lose the habit I had with the old hook, but I have to start remembering to immediately look down as soon as I land it.

Got my controller fixed.

GUESS WHO NEEDS HEALING BOYS

Should've played genji yesterday, fuck me.

That random ruined it, I was really feeling like playing him in that game.

antitrop

Had a really good Ana game

qyoXmVS.png

Aspen the (former) Top 500 Mercy main was on my team. She dropped down to 3900.

Anne

Help bros, I'm a washed up UT player that has to troll a thread for a game that completely pushed me out of relevance.

i went on tilt for the first time today, never lost my patience like this with ow before but it was just a hot mess so i just turned off the console after the match ended.

mercy-boosted widowmaker is just... delete the account

JJShadow

After a one year hiatus I decided to come back to the game a couple of weeks ago, just finished the placement matches for this season as well and it went much better than expected, 6-4 and 2740 SR. This is Platinum division, right? Is it any good?

After a one year hiatus I decided to come back to the game a couple of weeks ago, just finished the placement matches for this season as well and it went much better than expected, 6-4 and 2740 SR. This is Platinum division, right? Is it any good?

It's a little bit above average. in platinum. Most players are in gold or plat.

JJShadow

It's a little bit above average. in platinum. Most players are in gold or plat.

Good to know, thanks! Let's see if I can keep it, it's gonna be difficult for sure

Also, does the SR system take into account your individual performance in each game, or is it just based on number of victories/defeats?

komaruR

I just can't finish off pharah and mercy when I hook them in the sky, the position where they get pulled with the new hook feels so unintuitive to me, I always aim higher than I should because the hook brings them to the ground level instead of where I'm looking when I pull them.

Since it's something that doesn't happen frequently it's kinda hard to lose the habit I had with the old hook, but I have to start remembering to immediately look down as soon as I land it.

Should've played genji yesterday, fuck me.

That random ruined it, I was really feeling like playing him in that game.

o snap is that y i was getting weird hook location on genji on my last night's qp session. i dont play hog often to know.

The more I play the more I feel that SR was coded by a moron.

How can I lose more for a weaker game than I gain for a 3 gold game with high fire %.

komaruR

sorry ps4 gaf comp group. i was only planning to play 1 or 2 qp before dinner but got a inv from you guys. sorry i couldnt help to win.

Called out a reaper who kept going to the point by himself and dying. took himself off the voice channel for the rest of the match.

Of course we lost, this guy swapped from Lucio, to Zen, to Zarya. always trickling in, always dying.

He came back on at the end, to tell us we were all trash. And whole team just went in on him. Lol.

Gorillaz

For the 2nd time ever I won a 5v6 match up. We both pushed it to the end of echenwalde (completely wrong way to spell it I know) and our guy dropped out after then pushed it and we went into overtime

Literally only touched it for .8 percent. They never touched it at all.

Our team linep was Rein, Widow, Zen, Pharah, Sym, with sym using shield gen

Like on the real I feel like a Winston could have fucked us all the way up but like always people don't like to play winston

rulerk1

Got a five man Rez and a solo kill on Widow! I had silver elims for the first half of the match. Had bronze healing tho. I have failed you Anti. I am sorry

Skii

And?

I shouldn't get less SR because the enemy team are shit.

Yes you should. You are not better than the average player at your SR. The game couldn't perfectly balance the teams and therefore will give you less SR for beating a worse team than yours.

I got a lootbox with 2 legendary skins :D

and man, i have been trying to get reapers trophy forever now. i guess it just wont happen. (either of them)

Sande

Got the McCree skin after 15 terrible boxes.

All is forgiven.

im a torb main now

How come it takes so long to build his turret to level 2
It's pretty insane. It feels so useless to be hammering the turret for seconds completely vulnerable while it does minimum damage.

I get it that they don't want him to have another turret up the second the previous one gets destroyed, but this feels like a really anti-fun way to accomplish that. Maybe give the turret a proper cooldown instead or something.

And don't get me started on the instant hitscan autoaim of the turret. They could buff the shit out of the damage if they gave you some room for juking the damn thing. There's so much potential for people sneaking up on it, dodging the shots and Torbjörn placing it strategically to counteract that... but no, it's instant 180 hitscan so all that flies out of the window and all you have are shields and potshots from afar.

Torbjörn might be the most "no fun allowed" character in OW for all parties involved.

DarkKyo

Can anyone tell me if my assessment is correct?

I've been playing with my close friend who currently lives in Thailand. I live near Boston MA. I don't have the greatest internet but usually I get 60-90 MS ping when I play, which is generally fine for playing competitive matches. However every single time I play with my friend I always have 300 ping now, and it's causing me to lose tons of SR playing with him. Is it likely that I'm being put on the Asia servers with him, causing my meh connection to become consistently terrible? I do notice quite a few asian character names when we play. If this is the case I honestly don't know what to do because it's almost pointless to waste time playing 300 MS games. I'm guessing there's probably no solution to this? There's no way to get him playing on the NA servers? I'm usually the party leader.

Foxxsoxx

Finally, FINALLY getting some stuff from loot boxes.

Only took 22.

So why is CTF littered with teams that only defend? And they can't even do that right lol. Blows my mind dudes.

AlexTrevelyan

Neo Member
Finally, FINALLY getting some stuff from loot boxes.

Only took 22.

So why is CTF littered with teams that only defend? And they can't even do that right lol. Blows my mind dudes.

This drives me insane. At least 90% of the CTF games I play the other team is in a full defensive shell. They don't even leave the flag area off the start of the game. I don't understand the logic of playing for draws in CTF.

maomaoIYP

Can anyone tell me if my assessment is correct?

I've been playing with my close friend who currently lives in Thailand. I live near Boston MA. I don't have the greatest internet but usually I get 60-90 MS ping when I play, which is generally fine for playing competitive matches. However every single time I play with my friend I always have 300 ping now, and it's causing me to lose tons of SR playing with him. Is it likely that I'm being put on the Asia servers with him, causing my meh connection to become consistently terrible? I do notice quite a few asian character names when we play. If this is the case I honestly don't know what to do because it's almost pointless to waste time playing 300 MS games. I'm guessing there's probably no solution to this? There's no way to get him playing on the NA servers? I'm usually the party leader.

Yes it's pointless.
You wouldn't even be able to hit Roadhogs while spraying as Soldier. If he plays on NA servers he would be the one having the massive lag.

Top Bottom