• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Ocho

Hey guys. So I've been playing OW less this season and I noticed that twice I have been reset to 3000 for '7 days of inactivity'. It always seemed rare to me cuz I always felt I hadn't played the game for less than 6 days.

However, today I logged in, Wednesday, and I got reset back to 3000. My last game was Sunday. Any idea if this is widespread?

ohkay

Hey guys. So I've been playing OW less this season and I noticed that twice I have been reset to 3000 for '7 days of inactivity'. It always seemed rare to me cuz I always felt I hadn't played the game for less than 6 days.

However, today I logged in, Wednesday, and I got reset back to 3000. My last game was Sunday. Any idea if this is widespread?
You have to play 7 games a week to not decay

God, trying to get my Weekly Boxes has been an... Ordeal.

Keep getting matched to idiot teammates who find creative new ways to consistently snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

KuroNeeko

Went back into Comp for the first time in a few weeks yesterday.

The tension and just general ferocity of the match was a lot higher than Quick Play--at least for the first match.

I think we won, but we had to fight for every inch the entire time. It was a lot of fun.

The second match I played was Control and we took a two point lead. We lost the next match and the tilt began.

By the fifth round, our own Mei had killed me (D.Va) three times. Once by Ice Walling the ledge as I flew over the pit in the Sanctum (Nepal), once by blocking my retreat back into the Village, and I don't even remember the third time.

We had two people on our team sitting outside of spawn. They'd just checked out.

The third match wasn't any better. I don't really care about being "meta" or whatever, but when you're in competitive and the only support is Sym with zero tanks...lol.

I don't know how you guys do it.

jviggy43

You guys needed a soldier imo. Would have helped to pick at bastion from afar, especially since it looked like you guys had a rein (I might be remembering wrong) and they didn't so it would have been target practice for a hit scan.

rulerk1

In quick play Ive been playing either Zarya or Winston to help my team with all of the genjis flying around now (there's one in every match now). I've noticed ppl on PS3 have a hard time hitting Genji and I mean diamond lvl players and up. Most of the time I'm shooting at him he's always full health. It's crazy

Foxxsoxx

Went back into Comp for the first time in a few weeks yesterday.

The tension and just general ferocity of the match was a lot higher than Quick Play--at least for the first match.

I think we won, but we had to fight for every inch the entire time. It was a lot of fun.

The second match I played was Control and we took a two point lead. We lost the next match and the tilt began.

By the fifth round, our own Mei had killed me (D.Va) three times. Once by Ice Walling the ledge as I flew over the pit in the Sanctum (Nepal), once by blocking my retreat back into the Village, and I don't even remember the third time.

We had two people on our team sitting outside of spawn. They'd just checked out.

The third match wasn't any better. I don't really care about being "meta" or whatever, but when you're in competitive and the only support is Sym with zero tanks...lol.

I don't know how you guys do it.

I just had a 3,000 team that had no idea how to stay on the point on Oasis. Like chickens with their heads cut off man.

I'd get a kill or two to make it 6v5 or 6v4 and they fail to be aggressive and just scatter every time...

hypernima

Banned
Gains and losses for the day in case anyone was wondered about avg SR gain and loss.

I mainly play DPS.

2718>2693 - 25 pt loss
2668> 2693 - 25 pt loss
2668>2644 - 24 pt loss
2644>2619 - 25 pt loss
2619>2594 - 25 pt loss
2594>2570 - 24 pt loss
2570>2512 - 58 pt loss
2512>2530 - 18 pt gain

Trickster

Uhhhhh if you're still enjoying the game considerably it seems a little drastic does it not? And you still get matched up at your hidden MMR and not your SR.

I mean, decay really just seems like a dumb way to put pressure on diamond+ players to keep playing throughout the season.

I can understand why they would do it for people in the top 500. But for everyone else it seems completely pointless. Expecting something like diamond rank players to play 7 games a week throughout an entire season is just unreasonable in my view. What if they have a business trip, vacation, or just want to play something else fo a week?

Owzers

Iffy games today, but I did manage to make some bad charges to keep things interesting. Bastions and pharahs ruin everything.

Trickster

Oh my god I feel so dumb right now....

I have a 165hz monitor, and to experience that sweet sweet fps, I played OW for about a week after I got the monitor a few months back. Then I took a fairly long break from the game, until I started playing again around a month ago, but I didn't really feel that the game felt as smooth as it had in the period right after getting my monitor. Well, in my infinite stupidity I just figured it was just because I had gotten used to the higher fps in other games.

Turns out, the games had changed the display setting back to 60 fps limit....

Now I'm left sitting here, feeling like I belong with the people who can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps....

Im thinking that we need to split the group if more people want to play.... so that 1.... we give everyone a chance... and 2... We aren't going up against more coordinated stacks than us.

Foxxsoxx

Im thinking that we need to split the group if more people want to play.... so that 1.... we give everyone a chance... and 2... We aren't going up against more coordinated stacks than us.

You guys 6 stacking? Not usually the best idea you get super tryhards that way mostly lol.

LiK

Like I said, we can settle for 4 stacks. Should be fine.

You guys 6 stacking? Not usually the best idea you get super tryhards that way mostly lol.

We've had pretty good streaks with 6 stack. More wins than loses. Tonight was an even amount of wins and losses.

valeo

I can't believe the other team let you sit there and just melt them with those discords. I laughed when tracer tried flanking you and you just turned around, capped her, then went right back to discording/healing. Nice work.

Love this as zen. Sometimes you just get on a roll (usually when your tanks/other healer is doing work) and it seems like you're unstoppable.

Competitive is fun except for the fingerpointing motherfuckers

I got 30 kills and 4 deaths as Tracer, I'm not the reason you're losing, leave me the fuck alone and pay attention to your own play.

Trickster

Competitive is fun except for the fingerpointing motherfuckers

I got 30 kills and 4 deaths as Tracer, I'm not the reason you're losing, leave me the fuck alone .

This honestly is more a problem of a lack of scoreboards.

Unless you are able to keep constant track of the kills in the top right corner, you probably won't notice certain heroes a lot, like a tracer or widow, so people will think that those people aren't doing as much as themselves or the big noticable heroes

Good games with this last stack, we went 3-3. Kinda of a shame that after some great defenses we couldn't capitalize on attack, but they were still fun games.

Getting a bit tired of playing Lucio like I knew it would happen after so many games in a row with him, gonna get off support for a bit in the next games.

I gained 2 SR for the night.

Great Rein dude. Always reliable and strong.

Yup, really great.

You should play more Zen, you built your ults insanely fast which means you're either hitting a lot of shit or putting your healing orbs in the right place at the right time (or both lol). That eichenwalde game was crazy.

Every single QM has two snipers in it. It's making the mode unplayable. How can I learn new characters when I'm getting steamrolled every match because we never have a front line?

Also I don't think people don't how Genji works

Building my ult avoiding death

Can't use Dragonblade because everyone keeps dying and I'm not going to solo an enemy team because I'm not a fuckin' idiot

"OMG Genji you suck"

LiK

Good games with this last stack, we went 3-3. Kinda of a shame that after some great defenses we couldn't capitalize on attack, but they were still fun games.

Getting a bit tired of playing Lucio like I knew it would happen after so many games in a row with him, gonna get off support for a bit in the next games.

Yup, really great.

You should play more Zen, you built your ults insanely fast which means you're either hitting a lot of shit or putting your healing orbs in the right place at the right time (or both lol). That eichenwalde game was crazy.

Didn't you know Zen is my other Comp main? But you guys always play support so that's fine with me. I can always play Zen if needed. :)

I pulled a Hail Mary at the end with my Ult. Glad it worked out lol

Trickster

Every single QM has two snipers in it. It's making the mode unplayable. How can I learn new characters when I'm getting steamrolled every match because we never have a front line?

I just try to learn how to play a hero mechanically. Like with Mcree, my goal with him in QP is to just get better at aiming and use flashbangs into headshot kills on tracers and genji's. Anything else that's happening is secondary

I'm down to take over the Lucio role in a comp stack - my internet was just being stupid laggy tonight so I didn't want to do any competitive and accidentally bring the team down. I'll reset the router tomorrow and should be good for some matches.

I just try to learn how to play a hero mechanically. Like with Mcree, my goal with him in QP is to just get better at aiming and use flashbangs into headshot kills on tracers and genji's. Anything else that's happening is secondary

I try that, but just get murdered because most of the characters aren't designed to carry by themselves.

Oh well. Guess I'll never be a good Rein.

You guys are trying to calm the Reaper storm that is coming.

But I thought you were the ultimate crushing machine?

Didn't you know Zen is my other Comp main? But you guys always play support so that's fine with me. I can always play Zen if needed. :)

I pulled a Hail Mary at the end with my Ult. Glad it worked out lol

Yup I know, but you haven't played him for a while.

That was indeed an epic stall, after ultima survived on his one too as d.va before all of us could respawn.

I'm down to take over the Lucio role in a comp stack - my internet was just being stupid laggy tonight so I didn't want to do any competitive and accidentally bring the team down. I'll reset the router tomorrow and should be good for some matches.

Good to know :)

We had some good fun in qp too today.

Trickster

I try that, but just get murdered because most of the characters aren't designed to carry by themselves.

Oh well. Guess I'll never be a good Rein.

Yeah some, like Rein, you pretty much need to do in competitive. He's someone I struggle with too, I swore to not use him in comp because I was so bad with him initially. I'm still pretty bad with him, but I do pick him when needed in comp. Basically I just keep the shield up as much as possible, and then when shield gets low and the fights have broken out, I start swinging the hammer and try to charge people.

You guys are trying to calm the Reaper storm that is coming.

I saw you as Reaper like in the middle of battle didn't even know you picked him... I rolled my eyes as you teleported away. lol

Games weren't super horrible... I think we were trying out best but not clicking on switches and what we should have been focusing on...

At least we came out even. So that's not such a bad night just disappointing.

Cappa

Banned
That Overwatch session was the opposite of fun. P5 got my back.
I logged off when you did. I had gold eliminations with Reinhardt on route 66 until the end when nd switched to Genji and he ended up with gold.

We just weren't getting enough kills from our DPS.

I was mei /dva that first round on defense and had gold with 15. Went rein on offense and got like two kills in 5 minutes and had gold elims until the very last push at their spawn.

I didn't play well but those were two games we should have won the other teams were not good

LiK

I logged off when you did. I had gold eliminations with Reinhardt on route 66 until the end when nd switched to Genji and he ended up with gold.

We just weren't getting enough kills from our DPS.

I was mei /dva that first round on defense and had gold with 15. Went rein on offense and got like two kills in 5 minutes and had gold elims until the very last push at their spawn.

I didn't play well but those were two games we should have won the other teams were not good

Not gonna lie, Komaru and I barely warmed up when we joined. I only actually just logged in and started QP when I got the invites. Matches were messy. We'll do better next time. Need to have a rule of warming up in QP whenever new people join a group.

Cappa

Banned
Not gonna lie, Komaru and I barely warmed up when we joined. I only actually just logged in and started QP when I got the invites. Matches were messy. We'll do better next time. Need to have a rule of warming up in QP whenever new people join a group.
Yeah I mean I'm not blaming you or anyone in particular even though I'm saying DPS and you were DPS that entire match lol. We assumed you guys already were playing qp when we invited I think nd asked but no worries we'll play a couple of matches of qp first next time.

I didn't play well either so that's why I can't say simply that it was because of DPS but I mean if I only get two kills in five minutes and I'm still gold something is wrong lol.

I left because I hate losing games I know we easily could have won and it was like 1am here and had enough for the night. Me nd biscuit and vault had a similarly very bad match previous to route 66 lol

Just uploaded a video with two really great saves from you guys when I was facing certain death. First lik with the tire and then batman/ultima with the DM and heals. 9hp lol, that shit was close o_o

Shame I didn't save that qp game in volskaya where I played winston and kept harassing their soldier for no particular reason, ulting twice just to kill him lol.

Really getting the hang of executing small jumps with winston, just have to think I'm playing an action game like dmc.

Foxxsoxx

I can't tell if I enjoy this game or not.

I'm 83 hours in and its constant 50% frustration and 50% joy.

Just when you think you're good you go against players that are leagues above you and it's just discouraging as all hell.

I really liked the game more when it first came out, there are people that seem like they exclusively play this and it shows. They're scary as hell Q_Q

Full stream if anyone is interested...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-zZ4lC6eys

Come witness the struggle.

That was good stuff. That 6+ minute Anubis B hold was really something, and your Zen was on point on Attack. It's fun to watch you guys.

Bonus question- is that Anubis Attack point where you ended up- above Point A- a good spot for Zen or was this situational because you had Zarya with you? It was extremely effective, and I've never tried hanging out there.

Top Bottom