• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Rein player made me lose it and yell in chat "RAISE YOUR FUCKING SHIELD!"

Also a curse on the Genji who when ask to switch to Soldier to help tackle Pharah switched to Reaper.

komaruR

Lol so many people I never knew were on PS4 GAF I only recognize like a few names

Yeah. opportunity to add them on psn lol
Pooh did all the grunt work adding them first (name typing etc) and I just need to look at their profile and send fr lol

Lynchian

Hi, I've finally been approved by a mod.
Been lurking this thread forever,
Wanna join the GAF OW family.

OmniStrife#1267
I'm currently at 2200 PC

MAINS
Pharah
Winston
Zen
Soldier

PRETTY GOOD
Lúcio
D.Va
Mercy
Torb (certain maps)
Ana
Bastion (certain maps)
Zarya

NOPE
Everything else

4 games this morning

Randomly DC'd during the first and lost as a result
Second had someone drop randomly
Third had someone ragequit
Fourth my team started bickering like children just cuz someone picked Hanzo, we lost the first round on defense, and on attack one of my teamates switched to Torb and started feeding

There is no God, that, or he just fuckin' hates me

komaruR

It's like final destination, pooh can't escape the hammer forever.

during defend theres one part where i bubble but i went out of the bubble before you hammer down. fml lol. i guess i saved the rest of the team at the back but i died to your charge

You know what sucks? Losing a game on Hanamura 5-6 because your team refuses to hold on the first point with only 1 minute for the enemy team to attack. We get rolled because Sym puts turrets on the outside of choke and Pharmercy just has to happen to "take away all their space". Enemy team gets 0.5% on the second point which we also get after 4:45 left on our clock. We tie percentages and we lose.

Did have an awesome win on King's Row after and now back to 2802. Only 300 more SR to get back to my high.

I'd play an entire single player game with Dva's little gun. Feels so satisfying to shoot.
Sometimes I stay out of the mec far longer than I should just to have the pleasure to use it D:

It can be a lot of fun to stay way in the back and strafe in and out of cover while spamming her gun at head height.

Bonus points if, when the flankers come for you, you can call your mech with perfect timing and whack-a-mole them. I've done it exactly once, and the poor wee, suddenly flat Tracer didn't know what hit her.

Apathy

It can be a lot of fun to stay way in the back and strafe in and out of cover while spamming her gun at head height.

Bonus points if, when the flankers come for you, you can call your mech with perfect timing and whack-a-mole them. I've done it exactly once, and the poor wee, suddenly flat Tracer didn't know what hit her.

love getting a kill as baby dva and hearing her go "shut doowwwn", one of my favorite lines after a kill, and makes it sweeter as baby dva

LiK

Kind of shocked that outside of kingofblades there were no Genjis last night. That I can recall.

Only other guys in our group who has significant Genji playing times are ND and Buttchin and they weren't on. Dunno who else plays Genji a lot here on PS4.

Jellie

why is gods the main tank for c9?

For the memes.
303607007842140161.png

303690946657386509.png

They have much better DPS options now.

LiK

Oh man, Sty did a an OverAnalyzed for a Bronze game. Right at the start, enemy team defending right on the Payload.

Kuga

Spent a good 3-4 hours in competitive. Wound up right where I started (+2 SR). There was an abnormally high amount of throwing / abusive chat / tilting today - otherwise a couple of those losses would probably have been wins.

I'm sort of surprised to see that quantity of bad attitute in Masters. One would think they'd be more focused on winning and improving...

antitrop

Spent a good 3-4 hours in competitive. Wound up right where I started (+2 SR). There was an abnormally high amount of throwing / abusive chat / tilting today - otherwise a couple of those losses would probably have been wins.

I'm sort of surprised to see that quantity of bad attitute in Masters. One would think they'd be more focused on winning and improving...
I've been in Gold, Plat, Diamond, and Masters.

Masters players have generally the shittiest attitudes of any of the leagues I've been in.

rulerk1

Only other guys in our group who has significant Genji playing times are ND and Buttchin and they weren't on. Dunno who else plays Genji a lot here on PS4.

it was nice not having to deal with Genji and double sniper comps for a while. That and playing with actual team comps for once. I noticed there was like no BM at all tho lol

Masters players have generally the shittiest attitudes of any of the leagues I've been in.
Geez you've been all over, lol. Any particular reason you think people have such bad attitudes in Masters?

As someone who's fallen from 3116 to 2802 and want to lose his mind, I have to say my teams have mostly been positive, fun people to talk to. Can't get consistent wins to get back up but the people have been just fine. Really do miss being 3000+ though.

komaruR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOZuxwVk7TU
I'm willing to play genji tonight if we need one, I got the new skin so I'll be fine.
Let me play mercy so I can...
https://clips.twitch.tv/SweetOilyAlmondNononoCat xD
Ah, I loved Vault's reactions, lol

https://clips.twitch.tv/MotionlessDirtyPigeonHassanChop :( pharah's gun model blocked the lower right portion of my screen

antitrop

Geez you've been all over, lol. Any particular reason you think people have such bad attitudes in Masters?
I don't really know. And it's not like everyone in Masters is a salty shitlord, I think people at that level of play are just more extreme on both ends. More happy to celebrate a game that's going well and encourage their teammates to continue doing well, but also completely ready to shit all over anyone that does something they're expected to know better about.

In Masters you also tend to get a little "I have 3 accounts in GM, kid. This is my 10th smurf. I'll throw your fucking ranked game, I don't care" action, too. Those people are delightful.

Thanks for recording the sessions guys I'm going to try to watch them just to critique my own gameplay.

Also if anyone wants to play later just shoot me a message, although I can't play comp with everyone because I'm limited to O/U 500 skill rating for groups.

I don't really know. And it's not like everyone in Masters is a salty shitlord, I think people at that level of play are just more extreme on both ends. More happy to celebrate a game that's going well and encourage their teammates to continue doing well, but also completely ready to shit all over anyone that does something they're expected to know better about.

In Masters you also tend to get a little "I have 3 accounts in GM, kid. This is my 10th smurf. I'll throw your fucking ranked game, I don't care" action, too. Those people are delightful.
Yeah, I can imagine games in Masters are either really fun or nonstop "Hey guys, let's stop fighting and maybe try this". Seems that way from streams at least.

The smurf stuff sounds frustrating though. Like, good for you to have so many accounts, but why even do this to anyone?

This is where I am and it's a goddamn struggle.

Dropped from 2750 to 2500, and it's getting fucking frustrating.
After reaching Diamond toward the end of last season (high of 3032, ended on 3000), I started this season in Plat at 2665. I got up to 2800 then had one of my biggest losing streaks ever and fell to 2465. I took a day or two, came back and proceeded to pick myself up to 3116 within two or three weeks of off and on play. Now, however, I'm down to 2802 because of another massive losing streak but if I did it once, I know I can do it again.

All solo q btw. It's definitely a struggle but you can do it. Maybe take a day or two, collect yourself, do some QP, then jump back in and believe. If I can pick myself up to 3000 from Gold and Plat respectively two seasons straight, anyone can get there.

Top Bottom