• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

MartyStu

I am not a great Ana, but my accuracy on her is good enough that asking to switch to Mercy because we "need more healing" triggers me pretty hard.

Or my favorite: a Lucio on KOTH thinking he can handle all the healing and I should play Soldier instead of Ana. On a team that already has a Hog, Pharah and a McCree.

jviggy43

Playing comp last night, our soldier continuously just kept getting picked before we ever engaged with our full six. 3-4 times he'd just run up near the point by himself while the rest of us are spamming group up so we could push (of course hes the only one not in team chat). Every time he'd run up-roadhog hook and pick. Someone messages him and tells him to join team chat, he joins and immediately starts bitching about roadhog and how his hook is totally unfair and has too long of a reach. Our whole team goes in on him for not understanding positioning and that its his own fault.

This is how I view players who bitch constantly about roadhog. Stop putting yourself out of position with squishy characters and you'll find he isn't anywhere near the problem you think he is. Especially so given how ridiculously easy it is to break his hook now. Yesterday I hooked a zen on the payload. Despite the fact that I hooked him on the same side that I was standing on, him simply just jumping off the payload and onto the ground right in front of me broke my hook.
http://xboxclips.com/ThnkUdiane/8b387523-62df-4629-b6d7-91b18bdcf0f8

Laputa_94

First solo queue in master had resulted with a smurf on my team or at least someone picking troll characters. No matter where you go you can't escape it.

JHall

First solo queue in master had resulted with a smurf on my team or at least someone picking troll characters. No matter where you go you can't escape it.

It happens at all levels. I've had my fair share of players in GM troll. Just got to take the loss and que dodge for 10 minutes.

Oopf, Overwatch matchmaking being harsh today. Guess it must be feeling that I belong in a lower SR rank
Weekend Overwatch can definitely ring true occasionally.

Finally got the Dva self destruct trophy. And how.

https://youtu.be/2gSX1iQj7mE
2596154-patrick_thumbsup.gif

Veelk

Banned
In my experience, the worst people are around the rank borders (~2500, ~3000)

I see throwers in th Diamond to master border too. Three games in a row one day.

Bah. Having been in platinum for most of my overwatch career and diamond in a little bit of it, I can tell you, being stuck in Gold is way, way worse. I encounter throwers at least 1 in 3 of every game I get in. It's seriously ridiculous.

Veelk

Banned
I wonder if he's a frequent poster in the "DVA is underpowered" mega thread on the Battle net forums.

I find that thread baffling.

Her DM being on a 1 second cooldown with a large window automatically makes her supervaluable for defending and her flight makes one of the most mobile characters in the game while still being a tank so she is extremely durable. Her biggest weakness is that her ult rarely gets large amounts of kills, but given it's destructive potential, it probably has to stay that way or else be overpowered.

And if my word isn't good for it, D.Va is more used in tournaments now than ever aside from when she was obviously overpowered with her 500 armor. There are plenty of balance changes I'd love to see long before they touched D.Va.

Apathy

I wonder if he's a frequent poster in the "DVA is underpowered" mega thread on the Battle net forums.

God those people are insane. They want Dva to go back to a walking god and don't even acknowledge how broken she was. Apparently when a character was so strong that you just had to hold down left click, when you tone that back, people can't accept their own skill levels

Blues1990

God those people are insane. They want Dva to go back to a walking god and don't even acknowledge how broken she was. Apparently when a character was so strong that you just had to hold down left click, when you tone that back, people can't accept their own skill levels

All I want is her HP & armour to be an equal 300/300, but I otherwise agree. She's a fine character.

This always cracked me up. In my mind D.va went from slightly underpowered, to grossly overpowered to overpowered to grossly overpowered again and then now she's in a pretty good spot.

valeo

Some people don't seem to understand that balancing isnt making sure that each character can compete with every other character. It is making sure that each character has their own use and aren't rendered useless.

I'd actually say OW is one of the most well balanced games ever made considering all of the variables.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
This always cracked me up. In my mind D.va went from slightly underpowered, to grossly overpowered to overpowered to grossly overpowered again and then now she's in a pretty good spot.

Yeah I think D.Va's in a totally solid spot for now. Her mobility and shielding are fantastic, her damage is still good, and her ult is a handy zoning tool.

For my money though, Winston is quite a lot more fun to play, and I'm kinda baffled that more D.Va mains haven't tried him out now that he's been buffed. He can routinely get ~60% kill participation now and his survivability is at least on par with hers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like I play this game too much and yet I'm only just now hitting 300
Yeah I think D.Va's in a totally solid spot for now. Her mobility and shielding are fantastic, her damage is still good, and her ult is a handy zoning tool.

For my money though, Winston is quite a lot more fun to play, and I'm kinda baffled that more D.Va mains haven't tried him out now that he's been buffed. He can routinely get ~60% kill participation now and his survivability is at least on par with hers.

Because hes not waifu

Skii

Well if you click on their profiles and look at their ranks, they are mostly silver/bronze. Amazing how people with such a poor understanding of the game become the vocal majority on the blizz forums. I'm just glad the balancing team pays absolutely no attention to them and pays more attention to whats going on at pro/GM level instead.

Are you really baffled that more folks won't switch off waifu to be the gorilla?

But yeah, Winston's pretty awesome right now.

Veelk

Banned

I personally don't really like his Ult at all. That and I suck at him.

Blues1990

Are you really baffled that more folks won't switch off waifu to be the gorilla?

But yeah, Winston's pretty awesome right now.

Poor Winston get's no love, as far as fan art is concerned.

Probably because he's the only character that no one can pair up with.

But seriously, Winston was pretty underrated. And he's a ton of fun to play, especially when you have a great Dive Comp.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member

I think Winston's flustered do-gooder persona is pretty endearing, but yeah, I guess he just can't compete on the waifu factor. I don't mind, really, since it means I get to pick him pretty much every game.

JHall

At semi close range in a team fight. The damage was next to nothing.

DVA does 2 dmg per pellet, each blast has 11 pellets with a wide spread. You need to be directly next to an enemy to do any type of significant damage. DVA is a dive tank, get in harass the healers or hitscan, then get out.

MartyStu

I think Winston's flustered do-gooder persona is pretty endearing, but yeah, I guess he just can't compete on the waifu factor. I don't mind, really, since it means I get to pick him pretty much every game.

Same.

None of the characters I like playing(Ana, Lucio, Winston, Pharah) are true Waifu material except for Mei.

That reminds me, I should play more Mei.

Well, Overwatch won't let me reach my goal of Master, but I managed to reach my goal rank in Battlerite, Diamond (Contender, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Champion, Grand Master are its leagues). Had to start from Contender because I didn't play in Season 1, so it was quite the grind. I'm just "bragging" about this here because I'm an uncontrollable maverick (and no one posts in GAF's Battlerite thread). Beat a mid Champion Oldur in a mirror match to get in to Diamond, 3-2; it was an amazing match to end my season of ranked on.

Diamond is top 3-5% in Battlerite, so at least my ego was repaired a little from OW shitting on it all the time :D

Whenever I get above 3.4k in Overwatch it gives me a big ass losing streak to chew on.

Overwatch has been extra dickish lately. About three times when I'm on the good team that destroys another, I get 3, 8 or 10 SR for the win. It's not my fault my team is doing so well they don't need much healing.... but whenever I'm on the joke team and get smashed, I lose the standard amount of twenty something. Thanks, Blizzard. I deserve nothing for getting lucky in matchmaking, but do not receive mercy for bad luck.

Anyway, guess I'm going back to OW to make one last run at Master. (I don't deserve Master, I suck, but I want the shiny gold icon, dammit!)

exYle

My Genji has been seriously off lately. Getting smeared in QP and comp.

Anyone know any drills I can run with him? I'm trying to get my shuriken accuracy up. I tried the headshot-only Ana bot practice but that feels kinda like a crap shoot.

hypernima

Banned
Wow this is bad, like I have nothing but wins on my smurf but my main has been losing streak non stop recently. It's not even anything in my power I can do, whenever I get frags, they switch comps and shutdown my soldier/tracer and my team does nothing to adapt or support.

It's terrible, who did I piss off to get stuck like this?

I need to improve my Mercy skills, get trapped in Zarya ult pretty often.

I think mercy cant escape once she is on the ult? I tried to fly to a non trapped ally with no success

Top Bottom