• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Owzers

Overwatch qp practice was rough tonight, I can always take comfort in being a pro Torb but I might not select a tracer for at least a week.

kuYuri

omg at this last box from my 9th arcade win.

C7UF0c5.jpg

Easily one of my best boxes ever, plus I got the D.Va highlight intro that I've been wanting!

With this, I managed to get Mercy and Tracer's skins, as well as D.Va's intro all in loot boxes via leveling or arcade wins. ❤️

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Won my first comp game in a while.

Wasn't doing too hot to start with. But big ult with soldier from behind took out 3, forced their Rein to pick between me or my team and we got the momentum to push.

I really do need to improve on my ult use.

Cappa

Banned
So if it only five games played and not won.... Wouldn't the quickest and easiest thing to do is just die immediately at the start?

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Finally got platinum on PS4 tonight.

Shit took like 2 months of rubber banding between 2350 - 2450 before finally getting the last push.

Even got some hate mail from my deathmatch mei play style.

On to diamond.

LiK

So if it only five games played and not won.... Wouldn't the quickest and easiest thing to do is just die immediately at the start?

Apparently they have systems to check if you're idling/throwing. Prolly easiest to just run into enemy teams and just play like an idiot.

Cappa

Banned
Apparently they have lsystems to check if you're idling/throwing. Prolly easiest to just run into enemy teams and just play like an idiot.
meh that's unfortunate and you only need to play with one person right? I remember the last event you had to have a full party.

Does HotS need a mouse to play? I can get a laptop to play it I think, but it just has a touchpad.
Na just use your touch pad it'll be uncomfortable as fuck but at least you don't have to win the games

Jesus fucking Christ!

Even in the Uprising PVE people just run around doing their own thing. Why do so many people struggle to understand that Overwatch is a fucking team game?!

Of course you need healing, Hanzo, you've just pissed off all by yourself. But I've just had to go resuscitate Reaper and am now working on getting the wayward Junkrat back to full health. How about we all group up?

Oh, we're all dead. Never mind then.

LiK

meh that's unfortunate and you only need to play with one person right? I remember the last event you had to have a full party.

Na just use your touch pad it'll be uncomfortable as fuck but at least you don't have to win the games

Didn't need full party last event either. I only played with Antitrop in that one and we got the rewards. It was just very long. I think it was like 15 games. Just get one guy from friends list in your party and it'll be quick 5 games.

Blu(e)

Pretty sure you just needed one person as well. It was just faster with a full group since you would just have everyone push down a lane vs A.I.

Also just losing games to have it go faster is just throwing in their game. People like to play Quick Match like how people like to play Quick Play in Overwatch. They would still like to have a quality game and not have it be like "lul I'm only here for the skins."

Cappa

Banned
Just looked it up. What's so good about it.
I don't think it does anything different than scuffs etc but it's much cheaper, licensed by Sony, and they're constantly putting out firmware updates.

I read reviews, specifically from people who use this to play overwatch, and they all seem to enjoy it.

The 4 buttons on the back are going to be a game changer for me at least as I won't have to stop touching the right stick anymore. We'll see I bought from Amazon so if I see that it isn't very good I'll just return it. Apparently this controller was only released in Europe and Australia. Dunno about the US though this is only one of two officially licensed controllers for the PS4 the other is razer raiiju or whatever it's called which I've read is overpriced trash

Acidote

So, after 30 something boxes, I just got my first event legendary. Orisa's. FML. It was the only legendary event I didn't want haha.

IHaveIce

Banned
So guys I habe a question, maybe I have to post this in the Hardware thread aswell.
A friend of mine is asking if it is possible to build a pc that is able to run overwatch decently for 400€ ?

So guys I habe a question, maybe I have to post this in the Hardware thread aswell.
A friend of mine is asking if it is possible to build a pc that is able to run overwatch decently for 400€ ?

Honestly? Probably not.

Something like...

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560
GPU: Radeon RX 470
MOBO: Asus H110M-A/M.2
RAM: Crucial 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4-2133
SSD: Crucial MX300 275GB
PSU: EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze PSU

Would set you to your 400 limit though. From there you would still need a mouse, keyboard, case, and monitor. You might be able to cut even more money off getting used parts and/or a regular HDD over an SSD. Maybe go DDR3 instead of 4 to save a few bucks. Part availability is an issue in Europe as well.

KyleCross

So do we have a list of people doing the Nexus challenge? I've never played HotS but I want all the Overwatch rewards so I'm looking for someone wanting to do every week.

Yea super uncomfortable. I was having trouble moving around as Lucio in the game because of all the contorting I had to do.

I put it on my iMac as well so it would be easier for the next 5 and possibly more fun.

Jesus fucking Christ!

Even in the Uprising PVE people just run around doing their own thing. Why do so many people struggle to understand that Overwatch is a fucking team game?!

Of course you need healing, Hanzo, you've just pissed off all by yourself. But I've just had to go resuscitate Reaper and am now working on getting the wayward Junkrat back to full health. How about we all group up?

Oh, we're all dead. Never mind then.

What healer were you?

Strictly out of curiosity, because I can't think of 3 worse characters to have as a group for that event than Hanzo/Reaper/Junkrat.

That shit was unwinnable, even if they did group up, normal difficulty aside.

LiK

I played nothing but Mercy in Uprising this week when I was grinding lootboxes. It's easy and you don't need to worry about your team dying and restarting the match with rez. Mercy also tends to get al the votes at the end if you care about that.

There was a guy who picked Lucio and he barely did any healing. Kept skating around the map away from the group and barely helping and doing stupid emotes constantly. I had to keep everyone including that douche alive. It was the last game I had to finish for the last box and I was annoyed cuz he wasn't helping out taking out the bots.

I played nothing but Mercy in Uprising this week when I was grinding lootboxes. It's easy and you don't need to worry about your team dying and restarting the match with rez. Mercy also tends to get al the votes at the end if you care about that.

There was a guy who picked Lucio and he barely did any healing. Kept skating around the map away from the group and barely helping and doing stupid emotes constantly. I had to keep everyone including that douche alive. It was the last game I had to finish for the last box and I was annoyed cuz he wasn't helping out taking out the bots.

What difficulty?

MacAttack

So do we have a list of people doing the Nexus challenge? I've never played HotS but I want all the Overwatch rewards so I'm looking for someone wanting to do every week.

I played last night and it was easy to find people in the lobby to team up with and friend request.

Man, when Officer D.Va hits that Selfie Highlight Intro will look so good!

Gonna bang out the Nexus challenge for this week tonight. Anyone going to be on around 5:45-6:00 PM PST for a couple hours?

Paltheos

So, after 30 something boxes, I just got my first event legendary. Orisa's. FML. It was the only legendary event I didn't want haha.

Really? Huh. I like Orisa's. I mean, I don't love it, but it's the only skin she has now that I think is worth a damn. All the others are too friendly and human. 'Well-intentioned murderbot' is my ideal vision of the character, and this is the closest we're gonna get (for a long time at least, who knows what's in the pipeline).

Top Bottom