• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

N7.Angel

OMG HOTS is pure garbage, am I supposed to suffer just for a skin ? The UI of the game is a complete mess and why the fuck can't I even quit a game that started ? ...

The good part about the HOTS event thing is that they have a new player chat, so you can just ask for someone to add you as a friend to get the Overwatch skin. Or add the many, many people asking the same question.

About HOTS itself, removing the gold / item dynamic and letting people gain xp globally is waaaaaay too much of an oversimplification. There's zero weight to the game.

But it's kinda cool to play as Tracer in a game like that. HOIYA!

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
OMG HOTS is pure garbage, am I supposed to suffer just for a skin ? The UI of the game is a complete mess and why the fuck can't I even quit a game that started ? ...
I was wondering if I should play it to get the skin, but it sounds like I need to play it A LOT to get that skin?

Fuck that.

LiK

I was wondering if I should play it to get the skin, but it sounds like I need to play it A LOT to get that skin?

Fuck that.

Each match is pretty short and can be completed quickly. You don't even need to pay attention much to what's going on.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Thanks for the info, guys. 10 games in total, and I only care about the D.Va skin...

Might be worth considering. Each game is about 20 minutes, right?

LiK

Thanks for the info, guys. 10 games in total, and I only care about the D.Va skin...

Might be worth considering. Each game is about 20 minutes, right?

20 or less. The objective ones are the pain. The ones where you directly assault the end can be brute forced on Beginner in like 5-10 min.

So no one is enjoying HOTS? I mean I enjoyed when I played it years ago. Im ready to give it another shot.

anyone wanna help me get the genji skin later tonight? add me: KingRuiner#1482

edit: yay! my username is changed XD thx mods

cuilan

D.VA confirmed for HOTS.

O2q8RFE.jpg

So now I have to play D.Vas of the Storm along with D.Vawatch? Looks like I'll have even less time for other games now. I just hope my PC is able to run DotS.

I just found out there's a huge Symmettra teleporter exploit, i would dare call it even game breaking.

Basically if you do the the exploit right, even if the enemy team kills your teleporter, it will still stay "up" until all 6 trips are used.

Fucking EHHH blizzard,if it's not one thing it's another...

Cappa

Banned
definitely liking the look and feel of my new Nacon controller... havent tested it out in OW yet but my muscle memory from my Xbox 360 days made me instantly feel right at home with the where the thumbstick placements are.

Well see if it actually improves my game at all lol

I just found out there's a huge Symmettra teleporter exploit, i would dare call it even game breaking.

Basically if you do the the exploit right, even if the enemy team kills your teleporter, it will still stay "up" until all 6 trips are used.

Fucking EHHH blizzard,if it's not one thing it's another...

hahah yeah its actually been out for over a week which is ridiculous lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZrbll9tyfA

Paltheos

Jesus fucking Christ!

Even in the Uprising PVE people just run around doing their own thing. Why do so many people struggle to understand that Overwatch is a fucking team game?!

Of course you need healing, Hanzo, you've just pissed off all by yourself. But I've just had to go resuscitate Reaper and am now working on getting the wayward Junkrat back to full health. How about we all group up?

Oh, we're all dead. Never mind then.

The mode's surprisingly flexible. Yesterday I played a Hard Uprising game with randoms and we won with Soldier(me)/Junkrat/Widow/Hog, a hodgepodge of heroes with only me for healing two of my teammates and myself. Incidentally, I net 6.7k healing that game. >_>

definitely liking the look and feel of my new Nacon controller... havent tested it out in OW yet but my muscle memory from my Xbox 360 days made me instantly feel right at home with the where the thumbstick placements are.

Well see if it actually improves my game at all lol

hahah yeah its actually been out for over a week which is ridiculous lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZrbll9tyfA

100% do not use unless you have the new firmware and software, I had one before and returned it, the right stick was completely inaccurate (it's a known issue). Supposedly they fixed it. All in all, it's a very comfortable controller, the buttons on the back are nice, I don't like how big the bumpers and triggers are though.

Chance

Speaking of the new cinematic.

Why haven't they buffed D.Va to fly and shoot at the same time yet?

That's driven me crazy since the first vid where you saw D.Va scooting around the mechakaiju while shooting.

Not canon!!!

Edit: same with Tracer's backflip highlight intro. I wish she could jump that high lol

Blues1990

I'm not gonna lie, Genji fighting Diablo is pretty fucking cool

In general, the HOTS animated shorts do a great job of showcasing these dream match ups. Seeing The Queen of Blades fighting Tyrael was an awesome sight.

Shame that D.Va didn't do much, aside from being....herself.

Add collision detection to D.Va that allows people to ride her (no kappa, no lewdness) like Genji does in the video.

Bomb in with a Zen on top who pops Transcendence on the point or a Reaper die-die-dying while she zips around.

Cappa

Banned
100% do not use unless you have the new firmware and software, I had one before and returned it, the right stick was completely inaccurate (it's a known issue). Supposedly they fixed it. All in all, it's a very comfortable controller, the buttons on the back are nice, I don't like how big the bumpers and triggers are though.
Yeah I read that all the known issues were fixed with firmware updates so I jumped on one. Latest firmware update lets you map the buttons straight from the controller no need to log onto the pc which is nice.

I feel like the triggers are fine the bumpers are what is going to be taking some getting used to for me and using the buttons on the back. I tried it for a few minutes and I kept using the normal buttons for reload and jump lol.

If after a week or so I don't notice any improvements in my game I'll just return to Amazon

cuilan

So I decided to finally take competitive seriously for once and I made it to Diamond for the first time ever! I was playing with nothing but randoms the whole time too. I think I'll be able to reach Master eventually. I'm sure I would have been at this point a lot sooner, but I sort of stopped playing regularly about 2 months after the game launched.

LiK

So I decided to finally take competitive seriously for once and I made it to Diamond for the first time ever! I was playing with nothing but randoms the whole time too. I think I'll be able to reach Master eventually. I'm sure I would have been at this point a lot sooner, but I sort of stopped playing regularly about 2 months after the game launched.

Damn, D.va OTP in the flesh.

Blues1990

And with D.Va, no less. More treats for you, man. :3

I'm still struggling, but I hope to get to Diamond soon.

jviggy43

So.....

Just had a game where a sym on our team put down an invisible teleporter on the point. It couodn't be destroyed so we just kept spawning back on point. Thats a pretty ridiculously op glitch. He said he puts it on payloads and just lets his team respawn there on maps too. I'd be fucking pissed if the other team did that to me.

antitrop

So.....

Just had a game where a sym on our team put down an invisible teleporter on the point. It couodn't be destroyed so we just kept spawning back on point. Thats a pretty ridiculously op glitch. He said he puts it on payloads and just lets his team respawn there on maps too. I'd be fucking pissed if the other team did that to me.

It's been a thing for a while now. It's not even a hard glitch to pull off, either.

cuilan

Damn, D.va OTP in the flesh.

Across both Xbox and PS4, the public beta, and all game modes, I've spent about 175 hours playing as D.Va alone. By contrast, I've spent about 2 hours total playing as all the other characters combined.

And with D.Va, no less. More treats for you, man. :3

I'm still struggling, but I hope to get to Diamond soon.

Thanks!

And I'm sure you'll reach Diamond soon enough, just keep at it.

lol I was watching a VOD review of someone in gold and when the math ended and they lost someone on the enemy team wrote "gg e z"

Like seriously? You're GOLD lmao.

dawgparty

Any suggestions on what role/heroes to play to rank up in Plat? I'm mostly playing support and while its fun and rewarding our success depends entirely on whether DPS/Tanks will actually kill anyone aka SHOOT THE FUCKING PHARAH.

Top Bottom