• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Kenai

Maybe a silly question, but is Winston supposed to be "good" vs Pharah?

Solider and D Va and Zen were all taken and I just got mad after a bit of the extreme derping/ignoring the Pharah bombs from ~15 ft in the air, literally went across buildings and stuff after her after she got killed once or twice by me and started trying to avoid me. And it worked sorta (we one and I got PotG, though not for my Pharah bloodlust).

I won't pretend Winston would survive a Pharamercy combo or anything but was wondering...

Solider and D Va and Zen were all taken and I just got mad after a bit of the extreme derping/ignoring the Pharah bombs from ~15 ft in the air, literally went across buildings and stuff after her after she got killed once or twice by me and started trying to avoid me. And it worked sorta (we one and I got PotG, though not for my Pharah bloodlust).

I won't pretend Winston would survive a Pharamercy combo or anything but was wondering...

No, he's not good vs pharah, a good pharah can pump some decent damage towards you. But, if you're pressuring her when she's mid-low, they'll panic.

Edit: Now that I think about it, he works really well if you have at least 2 counters on your team. You can easily dive in when she's low on health to finish her off.

LiK

I'm on PC grinding PVE for lootboxes and I'm low level but holy shit, the people I get matched up with cannot play for shit. Just lost two different sessions cuz people didn't survive on Normal one of them didn't know how to revive.

komaruR

I'm on PC grinding PVE for lootboxes and I'm low level but holy shit, the people I get matched up with cannot play for shit. Just lost two different sessions cuz people didn't survive on Normal one of them didn't know how to revive.
Coz you low lv too lol
i dont see you on!
Should ask me and I would have join you too

I was playing uprising for lootboxes earlier today too and I got matched with an Orisa and Torb who did not use their ults once. They were highish level too, I even kept spamming my ult charge voiceline and punching them whenever there was downtime and they didn't take the hint. We still won because the comp was Ana, Bastion and them but it could have been over much faster if either of them used their ults ever.

antitrop

I love Zen on KOTH so much. Got 29SR for this game.

TSWYOJ7.png

Gold healing over our Mercy, too. ;)

^ Wow that's impressive. I've seen some of your posts with Zen, you're good. I'd easily be able to stay in Diamond and maybe even go higher if all I could play was KOTH. I run those with Lucio.

WOW my friend just received a message from someone on psn saying that they were reporting him for griefing and in the very same message the guy called him the n word with a hard r

???

LiK

WOW my friend just received a message from someone on psn saying that they were reporting him for griefing and in the very same message the guy called him the n word with a hard r

???

Funny thing is he can actually report that message and they will get in trouble. Your friend will be fine.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member

I wouldn't say "good" necessarily, but yeah, Winston can do okay against Pharah so long as she doesn't have a Mercy glued to her. If she's already been grazed by Soldier/McCree/Zen you can usually get enough damage out of one jump to finish her off. Plus, a lot of Pharahs will panic when they see you coming, so you can pretty reliably get them to shoot into your barrier and hurt themselves with splash damage if you pop it mid-air.

LiK

yeah, he did. doubt sony will do anything tho, i've reported stuff like that in the past and nothing's ever happened from my PoV :/

Yea, takes multiple reports to get them in trouble although the fact that they used a racial slur so blatantly might get them suspended hopefully.

HelloMeow

I really like this game when I get to play it. This is the only thing I post about in here, but I'm wasting 30% of my time with this game with matchmaking. I just don't have the patience anymore. It's not worth it. How do you guys put up with it?

Salarians

???
playing QP and I had a guy playing useless Widow/Hanzo on attack who would spam "I need healing" whenever he or I (the only healer) was dead

went to block him and saw a homophobic slur in his profile 🙃

Kenai

I wouldn't say "good" necessarily, but yeah, Winston can do okay against Pharah so long as she doesn't have a Mercy glued to her. If she's already been grazed by Soldier/McCree/Zen you can usually get enough damage out of one jump to finish her off. Plus, a lot of Pharahs will panic when they see you coming, so you can pretty reliably get them to shoot into your barrier and hurt themselves with splash damage if you pop it mid-air.

I think that's what I did but it's hard for me to tell what damage they take is coming from where when everything is rushing by mid jump.

I know I am taking advantage of punishing people's mistakes on Winston far more than I am playing good on him, but that's like LoL 101 as well.

I should just get better at McCree too, but I am glad I am finally getting some use out of all of the skins/emotes i got for him back when I didn't care.

playing QP and I had a guy playing useless Widow/Hanzo on attack who would spam "I need healing" whenever he or I (the only healer) was dead

went to block him and saw a homophobic slur in his profile 🙃

99% of the reason I don't main Support is because people who spam I need healing trigger me (and the other 1% is the stats telling me supports seem to win less, though i coulda told you that playing LoL).

went to block him and saw a homophobic slur in his profile ��
��

on the flip side, i was in a game once with someone named poodle something and they were playing tracer and mercy and they were really friendly and they would always say hello and emote and thank you etc

i was like "that person is gay"

and I WAS RIGHT they had the rainbow DS4 pic

gaydar works even online!

jviggy43

???

I reported a guy on xbox for this last night and mentioned what he said. Woke up today to see that they took action so thats nice to know.

liezryou

https://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Luckbox-1851/heroes

This fucker... this fucker right here. 33W-85L widowmaker decides to go WM on attack eichenwalde despite our entire team asking him to switch constantly.

And then on defense, he decides to troll us for revenge as his 1W-25L sombra. How are these dipshits not banned from competitive? More importantly, how is this guy at the same skill rating as me, nay his max was 3k WTF.

Edit: Lulz and i just realized i lost 10 more SR for that match then him. [I was reinheart with 2 golds and 2 silvers] God fuck your matchmaking blizzard.

https://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Luckbox-1851/heroes

This fucker... this fucker right here. 33W-85L widowmaker decides to go WM on attack eichenwalde despite our entire team asking him to switch constantly.

And then on defense, he decides to troll us for revenge as his 1W-25L sombra. How are these dipshits not banned from competitive? More importantly, how is this guy at the same skill rating as me, nay his max was 3k WTF.

Edit: Lulz and i just realized i lost 10 more SR for that match then him. [I was reinheart with 2 golds and 2 silvers] God fuck your matchmaking blizzard.

Maybe your MMR is low enough to get paired with them

I am playing with a friend who is Bronze and we are getting paired with unranked players

MartyStu

Not sure what happened, but my accuracy on Ana has jumped form 40 - 45% to 60%.

Not sure what I am doing right, but I need to do more of it.

Edit: I don't want the magic to stop.... :(

liezryou

Maybe your MMR is low enough to get paired with them

I am playing with a friend who is Bronze and we are getting paired with unranked players

What? What do you mean MMR? I thought if you were at a same SR rating you get in the same match. Like i am around 2600 and at the same so was this troll. But his max SR was 3000 which baffles me. These kind of people who troll need to be completely banned from competitive. They need to do something similar to what dota just implemented.

What? What do you mean MMR? I thought if you were at a same SR rating you get in the same match. Like i am around 2600 and at the same so was this troll. But his max SR was 3000 which baffles me. These kind of people who troll need to be completely banned from competitive. They need to do something similar to what dota just implemented.

Check his current SR, maybe he is trying to lose SR to carry someone but yes that person should be banned for throwing the match

MG310

0-2 so far. Gibraltar where we stopped them before the first checkpoint but then failed to get down the ramp.

Everyone just kept running down the middle thinking this would be the time the Bastion/Rein wouldn't get them.

Then a Volskaya where I had gold eliminations and healing with Zen until overtime on Attack and we only got 23% on the 2nd point

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Loot box.

It's Yellow!

FUCKING MERCY. HELL YEAH.

Got my Dva Intro, Got Mercy Skin, got what I want.

Need Halloween to come along again so I can get Witch Mercy and New Years for Chinese Dva

KuroNeeko

Loot box.

It's Yellow!

FUCKING MERCY. HELL YEAH.

Got my Dva Intro, Got Mercy Skin, got what I want.

Need Halloween to come along again so I can get Witch Mercy and New Years for Chinese Dva

Congrats, mayne.
I got my D. Va selfie last night, along with the Tracer skin (0-1 lifetime record).

hypernima

Banned

???

I got a msg once from some guy saying "switch to rein nigger" not like it would have helped, he couldn't stay alive even with a pocket.

MartyStu

I still die too much, but I've been doing really well with Ana this season.

r3mGpym.png

Probably should keep off the objective more

Definitely. Probably why you die more than you would like.

Whats your unscoped accuracy?

I have been working pretty hard on making sure my accuracy sucks less, but I am really not sure where I should be.

MartyStu

Unscoped is 69%.

Also... this...

DTZQmpS.png

Jesus, that is actually legitimately impressive.

69%? Okay. My past few games, I have been around 60 - 67% @ about 13,000 - 14,000.

Slowly picking myself out of the hole I put myself in when I started playing her and could barely manage 35%.

antitrop

Jesus, that is actually legitimately impressive.

69%? Okay. My past few games, I have been around 60 - 67% @ about 13,000 - 14,000.

Slowly picking myself out of the hole I put myself in when I started playing her and could barely manage 35%.

I wouldn't focus too too much on accuracy stats, since it's easy to pad them by shooting full health allies.

MartyStu

I wouldn't focus too too much on accuracy stats, since it's easy to pad them by shooting full health allies.

Fair point. I like to give myself goals outside of SR in order to keep myself sane, but I can see how this could probably give me a false sense of security/encourage bad habits.

Owzers

Went 7-0 with Gaf then ended on a loss that made me jealous of the other team having a hog friend. Must not let one bad game ruin all the winning, grats on diamond pooh and a continued life in plat forever rule.

got my 2nd star finally today and null sector bastion was in my lootbox, meh

I like Rooster and his legendaries more

only my 2nd skin now and I think I got some of the crappiest ones in the event

rulerk1

Omg gg everyone. It feels good to be Diamond now. That last match with the four stack using sym tp glitch was scary. These exploits are getting crazy

Top Bottom