• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

I have Oni Genji now.

Tychus isn't totally unfun to play as in HotS.

I had a perfect game going like 15-0 and the next game we got stomped lol.

It's a very well put together game but IDK if I actually "like" it :/

Will be back next week for Officer D.Va.

Made it to Diamond!!!!!

Also got POTG on my crowning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21lH6DGuxcc

Omg gg everyone. It feels good to be Diamond now. That last match with the four stack using sym tp glitch was scary. These exploits are getting crazy

Happy for you guys, those were some great games :D

Well, we were being experimental in these last ones. I feel like we should've won hollywood and hanamura though, we were pretty solid on defense but bad on attack.

After you were picked in hanamura right at the end I couldn't believe that the soldier actually went top left after you said that they were all there. What the fuck was he expecting to accomplish? He got instantly killed by their hog, what a surprise.

ISOM

Despite being labeled as a anchor tank to Reinhardt, Orisa is incredibly squishy. I really think her barrier should be 2000 HP, while Reinhardt's is reduced to 1000.

Rein would be a squishy if he had a 1000 hp barrier. The barrier is what makes him the stereotypical tank.

MartyStu

Rein would be a squishy if he had a 1000 hp barrier. The barrier is what makes him the stereotypical tank.

Agreed. Without the 2000 HP barrier, Rein would actually be kind of bad. Right now he is actually balanced. Probably the first time since release.

JHall

Despite being labeled as a anchor tank to Reinhardt, Orisa is incredibly squishy. I really think her barrier should be 2000 HP, while Reinhardt's is reduced to 1000.

No, just no. Rein is the most balanced tank in the game. There is a reason he hasn't been buffed or nerfed since release.

Rein's shield goes down fast as it is, the team just have to focus on it. When my team is attacking and we have to go through a choke and everyone decides it's time to be a flanker then it takes forever to take it down though, and the healers and tanks are stuck in there. If you keep getting teams like that I can understand why you want the shield to be nerfed.

Blues1990

Rein's shield goes down fast as it is, the team just have to focus on it. When my team is attacking and we have to go through a choke and everyone decides it's time to be a flanker then it takes forever to take it down though, and the healers and tanks are stuck in there. If you keep getting teams like that I can understand why you want the shield to be nerfed.

Yeah, especially as someone who plays as Tanks and Support, it can be frustrating to get around a well fortified team with Reinhardt at the choke, but the DPS fail to break the formation, nevermind the shield.

No, just no. Rein is the most balanced tank in the game. There is a reason he hasn't been buffed or nerfed since release.
I wouldn't call that a good metric of balance, especially as he's been such a pivotal weird character for most of the game's life at this point with him being a near mandatory pick and one of the best defenses against another team with a Rein. It's gotten better now that Winston has been changed, but let's not forget that Roadhog was fine (if we're only going by Blizzard not touching them) until just a couple months ago where he suddenly wasn't.

I feel like it's still too early to be making judgements on orisa, she has some good damage potential, controls space well, sure if she gets caught out alone she's dead, but you could say that for a lot of heroes.

When you face a good Orisa in comp that knows just where to put that shield on the point it changes the whole game.

I don't care about grandmaster 4000+ play or whatever, that doesn't matter for 99% of us plebs

Apathy

never underestimate the ability for idiots to throw a game in a brawl because they decide to overextend....constantly....for some reason

Yeah, especially as someone who plays as Tanks and Support, it can be frustrating to get around a well fortified team with Reinhardt at the choke, but the DPS fail to break the formation, nevermind the shield.

Winning the shield fight is extremely important, especially if their Rein isn't careful with the positioning and loses his shield while being exposed. That happens quite often, some fights can just be won through brute force, having more damage than the other team and breaking the shield first. I notice this a lot when I play soldier and focus on breaking the shield first and then the Rein just stands there in the middle of nowhere like what am I supposed to do now lol

Owzers

Winning the shield fight is extremely important, especially if their Rein isn't careful with the positioning and loses his shield while being exposed. That happens quite often, some fights can just be won through brute force, having more damage than the other team and breaking the shield first. I notice this a lot when I play soldier and focus on breaking the shield first and then the Rein just stands there in the middle of nowhere like what am I supposed to do now lol
That Rein should charge.

I don't understand why people queue up for Uprising on Legendary if they don't know what they're doing. It feels like such a waste of time.

Owzers

He's probably missing the owzers instinct to be able to do that.

You had some very good ults today, that new skin is actually legit.
I felt that way before the three game losing streak. As soon as I saw that bastion staring at me on our Hanamura defense point b that last minute I felt overwatch was a mistake and I should have went Torb.

I questioned in chat if I should be top left before th bastion showed up there but there was no reply and they only needed 20% more to win so I accepted my fate. I think we killed it but it got resed.

I felt that way before the three game losing streak. As soon as I saw that bastion staring at me on our Hanamura defense point b that last minute I felt overwatch was a mistake and I should have went Torb.

I questioned in chat if I should be top left before th bastion showed up there but there was no reply and they only needed 20% more to win so I accepted my fate. I think we killed it but it got resed.

We would've probably lost the fight anyway if the bastion could get the higher ground, that's what I tried to do on attack. Me as bastion and Scurb as soldier almost had it when the rest of you guys went on point on attack, the mercy rezzed and Scrub ulted, but then their Zen saved all of them with his ult. It was unfortunate. It was also the 12th game in a row for some of us so it was time to stop, I was getting grumpy since the numbani game, that was the worst.

1E50CE3DCCCC46C424F2D4DA6CEFCD56647C8282

Caesar and I had an elaborate scheme that involves getting in the Korean server and smashing plats; it almost turned into a disaster. We were expecting a 2.5kSR/plat game, but we got 3k+SR and even a masters guy. We won anyways, and I got 54SR; it would have been much higher if it was the previous patch (on a 7 win streak right now).

I think their team tilted when they were attacking. They couldn't even take the point whereas we pushed the cart all the way to the end.

Veelk

Banned
Why do people keep wanting to play torb all game even when it's obvious that it's no longer working?

That's what is one of the most frustrating experiences of this game and what really proves Elo hell exists for me. It's one thing to lose because your team played it's best and were just outplayed anyway. It's another to lose because of quitters, throwers, and players who are stubbornly refusing to switch off bad picks no matter how bad their losing or how much you ask.

Owzers

Why do people keep wanting to play torb all game even when it's obvious that it's no longer working?

That's what is one of the most frustrating experiences of this game and what really proves Elo hell exists for me. It's one thing to lose because your team played it's best and were just outplayed anyway. It's another to lose because of quitters, throwers, and players who are stubbornly refusing to switch off bad picks no matter how bad their losing or how much you ask.
Hard work pays off :/

another box, another wwbw, not even getting good sprays or voice lines either

this is my punishment for getting pretty much everything I wanted out of the last event, although I did open like 30 boxes from leveling in the last event...

MG310

7-6 tonight

It was a bad night for tranquility..went 1-5 with Zen. Got slightly tilted on a Dorado match where we had 1 tank and didn't even make the first turn until the last minute. We had a Mei who spent the entire time up to that point standing on the spawn balcony with Hanzo trying to snipe people. Hanzo managed 1 kill with his ult and I'm not sure Mei ever got one before she finally switched to Rein.

On the bright side I went 4-0 with Roadhog and 2-0 with Symmetra..included a crazy 3-2 Lijiang win with near full team-Mercy resurrections on both sides before we finally got them out of there.

Currently at 2402 with a record of 303-303-36

Laputa_94

Had some rather unconventional competitive matches tonight. The most notable was trying attack torb and actually doing really well.

Attack Torb: 1, 2
Sombra on Kings row: 1, 2, 3
bonus super fast match on hollywood: 1, 2

Blues1990

I get that, but even when I win the shield fight, my team is afraid to advance with me.

For example, despite making a lot of entry ways for successful pushes, the team that I was with didn't budge an inch.

welp realized i had 2 dollars and some change in my PS+ wallet so bought 2 boxes, only non-white or blue was a dupe of the shitty torb skin again

rip

Edit:
bought 11 boxes because i was curious and hadn't bought more than 2 before, figured I had to get some legendaries

didn't get a single event skin, emote, victory pose or highlight intro or even a legendary currency drop

f46awt.gif

Bought 24 boxes yesterday. Got only 2 event drops - the Bastion skin and the Zenyatta intro. No event legendaries (and the legendary items I DID get were dupes/gold chests) or other purples. Decided to buy the rest of the stuff I didn't own, this is the first time I'm below 1k credits. Had to spend over 13k to buy the 4 legendaries and an emote I was missing. Not sure if there was something else.

Sande

Is next Monday the day you should buy everything you care about in the event?

I'm gonna get the Genji skin and Dva highlight if they don't drop by then. Already have the Tracer, McCree, Widow and Mercy skins so I'm pretty much set otherwise.

Cappa

Banned
You're not really in gold are you?
last I checked I was 25xx so I'm a few losses away from getting there

Our last games were so bad lol

Hopefully we'll have better luck on the weekend.
it's a three day weekend here so I'm going to try to group up with you guys as much as possible at least get me back to Diamond

How did you get there from mid diamond?
Honestly? I don't know. I want to blame my teammates because that's the easy answer but I probably should be playing better. Partly its the region I think ps4 European region is a disaster for solo queue especially at platinum range. Lack of communication. Bad team compositions. Unwillingness to make switches to another hero etc.

I feel like there are games that I do really really really well and still lose. I know I'm a diamond player and I know I can get there again a part of me just stopped giving a crap so I no longer try hard I guess and it's not like I'm playing 15 games in one day and just losing. I've dropped from like playing 2-3 games at most per day lol

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
why does dva have a cop skin when reinhardt is always the one directing traffic?

Because Rein is always team Bitch. Dva is team Goddess.

I've really been enjoying playing Junk rat. Specifically against those tank teams. Shame I typically fill in Comp.

Top Bottom