• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Pooh just quit.

Anyway, 3 lootboxes and all blues and whites. Just gonna buy the rest.

Haha. Yeah I can only stomach so much QP... Gets pretty boring after a while. Practicing new characters is okay. But it just feels like I'm treading water with them.

The D.Va ult was ace tho.

tell pooh to stream. i need some entertainment while dinner!

Ill only stream comp. QP is just bleh.

komaruR

https://clips.twitch.tv/VibrantRepleteScorpionAMPEnergy
showing pc gaf good aim is not required for ratting
KPl2zqb.gif

just rat when you lag
BVyQXHM.jpg

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpotlessSullenStinkbugItsBoshyTime

dps ana ;D
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138586162

randome

yeah but you've gotta do 5 games before the 5 games to unlock d.va too, might as well do the first 5 games this week so you can unlock oni genji if you haven't already

Did em! The oni skin is pretty damn cool. I played 7 total games because for 2 of the first 5 i wasnt playing with a friend apparently, lol. My laptop was borderline on fire during the games and since its such a piece of shit it throttles (it was a big issue back in the day) and i get disconnected and reconnected. So yeah...bad experience but not super terrible haha.

Veelk

Banned
I really don't see how anyone can play the console version of the game and not agree that Soldier is imbalanced.

Not outrageously so, like to the point where people can't handle him. But the advantage is so obviously there. The aim assist helps him SO much more than any other hero. I don't see how people can ever actually use McCree deftly enough on console to outDPS him even if that's how it works on the PC.

His damage output and weapon spread is such that people just find any random highpoint and basically just piss down a hail of assault bullets. I seriously don't feel like I'm being legitimately outplayed when people do this and it's not fun at all. Especially if he uses his ult. Every other flanker needs to seriously earn their flank, because it's either obvious like Pharah's rocket barrage or gives the enemy team enough time to react to like McCree. Soldier just sprints on top somewhere, activates his visor, and by the time you realize where he even is, hes' already putting the final bullet in you.

In addition to that, his abilities are annoying as fuck to deal with, having an infinite sprint on top of a rocket that will kill most enemies and a heal station that makes him effectively a 400 HP hero. I hate the number of times he gets off with a sliver of health, only to slam that thing down and be back to full health within seconds.

I think someone put put a chart that showed he was picked more than every other Offense Character COMBINED.

He's become the only reliable tank buster since Reaper is so much less mobile.

He's almost Reinhardt levels of necessity, in that if the enemy doesn't have a soldier and you do, it's over before it's even begun.

komaruR

I really don't see how anyone can play the console version of the game and not agree that Soldier is imbalanced.

Not outrageously so, like to the point where people can't handle him. But the advantage is so obviously there. The aim assist helps him SO much more than any other hero. I don't see how people can ever actually use McCree deftly enough on console to outDPS him even if that's how it works on the PC.

His damage output and weapon spread is such that people just find any random highpoint and basically just piss down a hail of assault bullets.

In addition to that, his abilities are annoying as fuck to deal with, having an infinite sprint on top of a rocket that will kill most enemies.

I think someone put put a chart that showed he was picked more than every other Offense Character COMBINED.

He's almost Reinhardt levels of necessity, in that if the enemy doesn't have a soldier and you do, it's over before it's even begun.

You're LTTP!

His damage output and weapon spread is such that people just find any random highpoint and basically just piss down a hail of assault bullets. I seriously don't feel like I'm being legitimately outplayed when people do this and it's not fun at all. Especially if he uses his ult. Every other flanker needs to seriously earn their flank, because it's either obvious like Pharah's rocket barrage or gives the enemy team enough time to react to like McCree. Soldier just sprints on top somewhere, activates his visor, and by the time you realize where he even is, hes' already putting the final bullet in you.

In addition to that, his abilities are annoying as fuck to deal with, having an infinite sprint on top of a rocket that will kill most enemies.

Yep, usually whenever I argue with people who say Soldier isn't overturned end up being on PC exclusively. He's been too good on console for a while now and Blizzard seems to have dropped any pretense of balancing the console and PC versions separately so we're stuck with him.

And yeah you didn't even mention his healing station which persists for an eternity.

Satch

Banned
Ok so i wasnt getting nuked before. It was just dva

picking her and finishing a round would kick everyone out of the game and into a new map, and reset the competitive match

Zocano

a legendary!

money.

Yah fuck this game sometimes.

Can they just disallow currency drops during holiday/event boxes? Oh wait, no, that would mean people actually get stuff.

Playing 3v3, and I kill two of the enemies but die before killing the third.

My team is Soldier + Mercy.

They have a Junkrat.

They win.

HOW HOW HOW HOW?

I'm so fucjed for this event

I only have around 4K coins and my deadlines are Monday. No way I'm gunna be able to grind enough in time. Bf said he'd buy me some lootboxes though which is nice of him.

Top Bottom