• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palmer Luckey is now mentor for 3 VR accelerators (Tokyo, Seoul, Nordic VR Startups)

VR support for small developers in a high-risk market, yay.

But Palmer Luckey needs to Fuckey off. Leave your money on the door step and back away to a safe distance, please.

N3DS

JAPAN DON'T CARE

palmer%20luckey%20hentaivr.jpg

jzcuvhm36lnz.jpg

JackDT

Better use of his time and money than trying to lower the quality of political conversations and then lying about it.

Seriously, good for him for continuing to be engaged in his field and not going 100% Notch reclusive asshole.

Theswweet

I understand the hate, but people have got to understand that in a market so young he's one of the biggest experts when it comes to the market.

Don't go hating on him some more just because some companies are working with him. It's just business.

It goes without saying, but don't go hating on the companies either...

I understand the hate, but people have got to understand that in a market so young he's one of the biggest experts when it comes to the market.

Don't go hating on him some more just because some companies are working with him. It's just business.

It goes without saying, but don't go hating on the companies either...
Uh, what? Why am I not allowed to disapprove him or anything he touches?

He has only himself to blame. The companies working with him should have researched first and if they did then that’s their bad.

Theswweet

Uh, what? Why am I not allowed to disapprove him or anything he touches?

Please don't misconstrue what I'm saying. Hate the man if you want, all the power to you, I'm just saying that him working with companies like this is a normal turn of events and nothing to get worked up over.

FingerBang

This makes total sense. It doesn't matter how much you hate the person.

Why does everybody hate this guy again?

He secretly supported Trump during his campaign creating memes against Hillary Clinton and, well, bragging about being a young rich white guy.

Codeblue

Please don't misconstrue what I'm saying. Hate the man if you want, all the power to you, I'm just saying that him working with companies like this is a normal turn of events and nothing to get worked up over.

Nah, he deserves to be ostracised. Business decisions don't transcend morality.

Marker007

You’re just a google search away.

Okay. Googled him and still see no reasonable reason to hate this guy. Just because someone doesn't fit your political leaning doesn't automatically make him a bad guy. If he's truly a pioneer in VR then these companies are lucky to have him.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Okay. Googled him and still see no reasonable reason to hate this guy. Just because someone doesn't fit your political leaning doesn't automatically make him a bad guy. If he's truly a pioneer in VR then these companies are lucky to have him.

Political leaning as in funding groups closely associated with white supremacists to spread their hate?

FingerBang

Companies in countries where they don't give a crap about PC culture like Japan are going to profit from having him with them. In the US, nobody is going to hire him for at least a few more years. It would be really really bad for their image.

Seems strange that he is working closely with Asian companies if he is a white supremacist. Maybe he isn't?

According to him, he was supporting the group because he liked the idea of a group dedicated to proving that ”shitposting is powerful and meme magic is real".

I would say he's just a spoiled pos who doesn't really care about white supremacism, immigrants, and other hot topics. He's probably just "in for the lulz", like many people that got US its greates president ever.

VAD

Seems strange that he is working closely with Asian companies if he is a white supremacist. Maybe he isn't?
🤔 Why did he fund white supremacists though... 🤔🤔🤔 It truly is the greatest mystery of our century. 🤔

Well fuck anything those companies end up making. Guys an irredeemable cunt and doesn't deserve a shred of success. It's disgusting anyone's willing to still even acknowledge him, let alone work with him.

SpacLock

Sounds like the dude has a great life lol. Meh, don't agree with him less than half of the time, but don't hate either. Intelligent prodigy, has his shit going for him.

artsi

Well fuck anything those companies end up making. Guys an irredeemable cunt and doesn't deserve a shred of success. It's disgusting anyone's willing to still even acknowledge him, let alone work with him.

You're free to not buy anything but Nordic VR Startups is helping the small guys and there's a ton of mentors involved in addition to Luckey.

http://nordicvrstartups.com/index.php/mentors/

Personally I'm still supporting my fellow Finnish VR companies even if there's a face I don't like in that group.

pelican

I get the feeling that some members find it impossible to see outside of the US whenever PL is mentioned.

His meme funding and support of Trump has no relevance to organisations and businesses in the wider world.

You can disagree with his political stance, but as far as I'm aware he has done nothing illegal.

SeanTSC

White Supremacy isn't a "Political Leaning". Don't normalize that shit.

Fuck this guy and don't support anyone who works with him.

I get the feeling that some members find it impossible to see outside of the US whenever PL is mentioned.

His meme funding and support of Trump has no relevance to organisations and businesses in the wider world.

You can disagree with his political stance, but as far as I'm aware he has done nothing illegal.

Even if it's not illegal, funneling funds like that is shady as fuck.

SpacLock

And you're right. He absolutely has not done anything illegal. He's living his life. Some people disagree with how he's doing it and disagree with his passions, but put yourself in his position. If you were set and you didn't align with the majority of the people in your field politically, but at the same time you have I-don't-give-a-fuck-money, of course you're going to speak your mind. Doesn't mean you're wrong, just means maybe the majority of society disagrees with you, and so what. Live your life and speak your mind. Don't let anyone scare you from doing so.

Joeku

And you're right. He absolutely has not done anything illegal. He's living his life. Some people disagree with how he's doing it and disagree with his passions, but put yourself in his position. If you were set and you didn't align with the majority of the people in your field politically, but at the same time you have I-don't-give-a-fuck-money, of course you're going to speak your mind. Doesn't mean you're wrong, just means maybe the majority of society disagrees with you, and so what. Live your life and speak your mind. Don't let anyone scare you from doing so.

Or he could also just not be a cunt.

But money speaks and a shitty dude has a lot of shitty money.

jambo

z7Z8KsD.gif

Acorn

Money is the only speech a citizen has anyone gives a shit about. Anyone working with him won't get a penny from me.

Oh and I'll preempt the sarcastic replies to save a post. "I'm sure it'll hurt them and they are crying over the loss".

As someone from outside the US, I’m baffled by posts like yours. You write this like bigotry and funding hate is a domestic political issue and the alt-right isn’t an international network of assholes.
As for legality, at the very least, a number of countries can and will refuse entrance to foreigners that help propagate hate speech, which could make him a liability internationally.

I honestly have a hard tim not reading all the hand waving as at the very least tacit support for an activist asshole millionaire.

Empathy to assholes is one of the reasons this hobby is such a radioactive waste landfill. Congratulations for your meaningful contribution to the pile.

Fuck Luckey. Unfortunate that people will keep pumping him money so he can continue his campaign of being a gigantic piece of shit that helps make the world a worse place, but whatchagonnado.

Joeku

And you're right. He absolutely has not done anything illegal. He's living his white supremacist life. Some people disagree with how he's doing it and disagree with his white supremacist passions, but put yourself in his white supremacist position. If you were set and you didn't align with the majority of the people in your field politically, but at the same time you have I-don't-give-a-fuck-money, of course you're going to speak your white supremacist mind. Doesn't mean you're wrong unless you have a soul, just means maybe the majority of society disagrees with you because you're a white supremacist, and so what. Live your life and speak your white supremacist mind. Don't let anyone scare you from doing so.

Marker007

White Supremacy isn't a "Political Leaning". Don't normalize that shit.

Fuck this guy and don't support anyone who works with him.

I might be wrong but I haven't seen a single post or meme from him that suggests that he thinks whites are supreme or better than anyone else. Or any homophobic comments. Is there any? I don't support that kind of message but I honestly couldn't find any statements from the guy himself.

SeanTSC

I might be wrong but I haven't seen a single post or meme from him that suggests that he thinks whites are supreme or better than anyone else. Or any homophobic comments. Is there any? I don't support that kind of message but I honestly couldn't find any statements from the guy himself.

He funneled money to white supremacist groups. That is full out supporting it.

Top Bottom