• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paragon Open Beta Thead | PC x PS4

SarusGray

I played Paragon for the first time in around six months. I uninstalled it after a really long bender. The hour and half long matches were getting be too much.

I had a good time today. I wasn't as lost as I thought I would be. All my decks are outdated though. Most of them have harvester keys.

all his damage abilities are lock on.

a hero with no skill cap what so ever an ADC morgeish , even monkeys can do good as this hero i hate the direction with the new heroes.

what's wrong with variety? We have plenty of skill shot heroes as well as lock on heroes that all in the grand scheme of things make sense. Riktor's pull = instadeath. Morigesh Mark = you got too close and didn't poke her back. Khaimera = you got caught out of position. I feel the lock on all makes sense so far and love the fun it brings for many players who don't want to use the skill focused hero and have a great time with heroes like rev and morigesh.

I personally main Shinbi as well as Muriel and Fey but love playing countess or morigesh from time to time for the very different kit.

I feel Revenant would be even scarier if he could aim with obliterate holy cow I'm glad it hits minion waves randomly and my teammates.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
all his damage abilities are lock on.

a hero with no skill cap what so ever an ADC morgeish , even monkeys can do good as this hero i hate the direction with the new heroes.

Problem is the old guard have to catch up to the newer Heroes

The new Heroes are being built for Monolith with in mind
So all the old Heroes with their kits feel kind of inferior to the new hotness, I mean take him to Legacy with either Old School Root or Travel Mode, he would be D Tier cause how does he catch up

Remember he is an ADC, Glass Canon to the tee
Yes he will get you 1v1 if you aren't setup for him and team comp

Get the right Hero that counters and he's shutdown
Most say Countess and Yin do especially well against him
Hell Shinbi on a YouTube video, outplayed him
Just using everything in her kit to make him miss shots

Make him miss 2-3 shots, he's fucked, reload is the downfall, because by the time he's back up to full shots, you've hit him at least 10-20% damage with basic + ability
Now does he stay and make all 4 shots count to gain advantage, fall back, or feed the other team

Cause he has no escape, he's stuck doing damage galore, but eats it back real quick and no escape tactic
Hell obliterate almost roots him place for like an eternity so there are openings

Bought my first skin ever. Needed that Bloodborne Revenant.

Probably has something to do with his basic being very fast and scaling well with a fixed AS.

Sylphin went in depth. Trying to calculate the DPS is pretty tricky with this character. Building Pen for Obliterate is very expensive to his other abilities and basic. While not the end-all-be-all there's a lot of sound reasoning and work to back that up. Learned a lot about the character.

Cool I changed my deck to a more normal carry build and it seemed to work well.

Spinluck

All of us wanting more ranged hero additions are now vindicated.

Not to say the melee heroes weren't welcome, but out of the box heroes like Rev are just fucking awesome. That's why I love this game, so much variety and there's something for everyone type of player.

except stealth rip Kallari.

GraveRobberX

I wanna see the next few Heroes that are in the pipeline

You can get some info looking into data mining on other places, be cool next week or following we get a timeline just like how we got Morigesh and Revnant release

Builds excitement

Also bring back double xp/rep already!

GraveRobberX

Why is it always the 5th pick in the draft made out some of the most BITCHASSNESS on Hero release day

Why!?

Naw man just cause I picked the Hero before anyone could, that means I get dibs
Either they dodge the draft right there or their very heinous and wait till match starts, then dodge and make 4 people lose 120 seconds + go back to redrafting

I have to spam "Don't dodge, please", "Your turn will come"
Nope dickbags gotta be butt hurt

darkwing

Why is it always the 5th pick in the draft made out some of the most BITCHASSNESS on Hero release day

Why!?

Naw man just cause I picked the Hero before anyone could, that means I get dibs
Either they dodge the draft right there or their very heinous and wait till match starts, then dodge and make 4 people lose 120 seconds + go back to redrafting

I have to spam "Don't dodge, please", "Your turn will come"
Nope dickbags gotta be butt hurt

lol that 120 seconds is very frustrating, can't do anything but wait

Eggbok

Just played a match of bots, my team was goals. We took down two Inhibitors in about 7 mins and change and finished the game in 8 mins 27 seconds.

I played a game yesterday where the last person just hovered over Revenant even though the second person already drafted him. They eventually picked Murdock, but I totally thought the game was going to get dropped.

darkwing

I played a game yesterday where the last person just hovered over Revenant even though the second person already drafted him. They eventually picked Murdock, but I totally thought the game was going to get dropped.

so much trolling over this, I just witnessed everyone picking Revenant :/ of course the drafting failed

GraveRobberX

Watched the community playthrough today, got my question semi-answered

Was asking why Revnant and the past few Heroes Master skins look so good, while some of the old school Heroes look like nothing is on them
Prime example Gadget/Howitzer, a little bit of Twinblast (would like his pants to "fire up")

Wish some get overhauled or let's slap the Master burning animation on different skins, I would really like that
Scarab Grux with Master skin animation would look so good, same for Gadget and her Bumblebee cosplay

GraveRobberX

Day 46-60 Rewards

3XFgnWj.jpg

Yes those are boosts, leave the Loot Crates, welcome to login rewards lol

Day 46: Rep Boost 1 Win
Day 48: XP Boost: 1 Win
Day 51: XP Boost: 1 Win
Day 55: Rep Boost: 6 Days
Day 59: XP Boost: 3 Days
875 rep, +75 coins, 1 Silver Chest, 2 x100 & 1 x250 card material rounding out of our next 15 days!
Finally Day 60 gives us the Loot Crate 🔑

Eggbok

I had the most insane escape yesterday, I had about 20 health left and Kallari tagged me the cross sword thingy. As soon as I teleported back she teleported to me on while I was back at our core and she died instantly lool!

GraveRobberX

I had the most insane escape yesterday, I had about 20 health left and Kallari tagged me the cross sword thingy. As soon as I teleported back she teleported to me on while I was back at our core and she died instantly lool!

Nice, Kallari was late "Entering that Void" lol

I sent you a PM by the way =/, hope you check it out!!

CupONoodos

Neo Member
So I have a pretty interesting build for Revenant. Assassin's Ward, 2 Micro Nukes, Impact Hammer, and Hunger Maul being the standard for a Crit Carry build, but I also get Stinger Boost, Necroveil, and Blinkshot. I'll keep Stinger Boost for most of the game, but switch it out for Blinkshot come late game. Having Necroveil and Blinkshot should make me mobile and elusive enough during a team fight.

Ploid 3.0

Good lord this game needing the equivalent of the total game size free to update is cramping my SSD

Yeah it's crazy, I wouldn't put this game on a SSD. Frequent updates and the unpacking or whatever is huge. So much writing on the SSD would speed up it's death.

GraveRobberX

Heads up, friendly reminder + *PSA*

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

Paragon The Essentials Edition for PS4 is $23.97 @ GameStop, can grab up to 2 copies max

Total comes out to $50 (tax) use promo code "saver" for free shipping

Essentials Editions nets you:
Instant Beta Access (just the client, disc is useless)
Get in the game immediately.

6,000 Paragon Coins (Worth $60) 🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
In-game currency to spend on additional Master Challenges, skins, boosts, and other things that haven’t been announced yet. For real, if you’re already planning to buy coins, this is worth it alone because you get all the other stuff.

Five Hero Master Challenges
Each Master Challenge immediately grants a Challenger skin and permanent XP boost, plus unlocks unique rewards as you play, including a taunt and the Master skin.
Includes Master Challenges for Twinblast, Sevarog, Iggy & Scorch, GRIM.exe and Riktor.

Five Skins, Including the Launch-Exclusive Wasteland Twinblast Skin
You can only get the Wasteland Twinblast skin in the Essentials Edition.

You also get …
War Chief Grux
Energized Dekker
Autumn Fire Sparrow
Bronze Warden Riktor

Five Rep Boosts (Each Lasts For Three Wins)
Rep boosts speed up how quickly you earn Rep, which you can spend on card packs, Master Challenges and more.

Not bad if you want to stock up!

I foolishly bought the Epic pack on sale through PSN for it being 40% off, then saw GameStop had this on sale, oh wells, Epic got my money!

Once all said and done I'll have roughly 15,550 coins to use up!
Almost 40-45 Loot Crates worth!

If your Master Race and have PS4 buy copy or copies, use code, coins won't show up on PC, but whatever you buy or earn on PS4 carries over to PC

Salz01

They need to fix the card placement right after you spawn. It's annoying. I wish I could turn it off. Covers the whole screen and when people are in your base it seems it takes forever to disappear

Mindlog

I saw this on Reddit and it looks neat.
Then I thought to myself; 'Why don't they just eliminate the deck tab entirely and roll it into the character menu?'

So Epic; 'Please eliminate the deck tab and roll it into the character menus somehow :p'

When you want to create a deck you basically open a mini-character menu anyway. I have ~1 deck slot per character and I'm constantly thinking of how it could be organized better. Finally I came to the realization that since decks are per character it's just easiest to put decks under the character cards. Maybe a button that says 'show decks' flips all the cards and reveals mini icons that represent each deck.

GraveRobberX

New patch is up

More skin variations of variations, I hear you like variations...

2 new emotes

Added Rogue skin for Kallari, Bundle for Rogue sisters

2 weeks from New Hero and Patch 40!, overhaul to some Heroes nerfs/buffs galore!
Get Ready for saltiness double combo wombo, draft dodge + Buff my hero, nerf everyone else, y u do dis Epic!?

GraveRobberX

So yeah this happened?
Glitch or something

We beat a PvE match at exactly @11:00 minutes
BluVvtL.jpg

No Stars given, got XP and Rep, no Stars =/

oyiCnCh.jpg

Hilarious. we just destroyed Towers so quick, it was like which lane could drop their Inhibitor first

Also my 2 copies arrived of Essentials Edition, that coin stockpile!
yPZigmu.jpg

🚨Also heads up free Paragon skin in store on PSN🚨
Go to the Paragon page and if you are a PS+ member, net yourself the Moon Crystal Aurora (500 coin Skin) free

GraveRobberX

Can't get it into my basket (though I have plus)...

Did you "purchase" it
If you pressed the button, go back to the page, if it says "Unavailable" or "Tell me more..." then you have it, just login to the game, go to profile hub, hit Heroes Tab, select Aurora, hit Skin tab in there, your new skin should be on her

Purple Hair Aurora

You can't "buy" and put freebee into your cart and purchase it out
It just gets added as a service item from the store, giving you access to the skin once you login to Paragon, that is why you get the Downloading and Checking 3rd party yada yada on splash screen before going in

Zavist

That feeling when your mid Iggy is 0/32/0 cause they are feeding on purpose and you still win the game cause the other team still plays the old meta and does not go for prime ...

Also I really dont get the idea of counter picking "bad" picks with Iggy. Especially in gold/platinum where it does not matter which hero you play as long as you can actually play the game.

community corner on Kallari v.40 changes:
https://www.reddit.com/r/paragon/comments/69ixw7/paragon_community_corner_5_v40_kallari_changes/

Summary:
Kallari gets health regen from being in stealth mode
Triple jump, no extra mana cost
More Base damage from her dagger throw.
Dagger will be a quick cast like Riktors pull. So hold to aim, click it to throw immediately. It is moved to the RMB. (Thanks Dragonagelegend)
Offlane will be changing a bit. Kallari will benefit well from it.
Future Hero Support, Female, Blind mechanic, and 2nd is ability to repostition or pull friendly heroes. Think Thresh Lantern from League of Legends. Forced survival/ trolling (Thanks Crazya91)
First new mechanic = Blind

also some fan-made skin concepts for Sevarog, Riktor and Iggy: https://imgur.com/a/cKmJ6

GraveRobberX

Was on Reddit, the Paragon sub

Posted in a thread about Trophies/Achievements

Anyone feedback would be appreciated:

Well I've earned my share of Trophies on the Playstation system (10,500+ and 176 Platinums so far..)

I've requested for Trophies and PC achievements for awhile

I would go do something like this

Platinum Trophy - The One True Paragon
"Agora is now Your Domain"

Bronze Trophy - Heard the Call
"Enemy has been Slain"

Bronze Trophy - Heard the Call II
"Double Kill"

Bronze Trophy - Heard the Call III
"Triple Kill"

Silver Trophy - Heard the Call IV
"Quadra Kill"

Silver Trophy - Team Slayer
"All Enemies Have Been Defeated"

Gold Trophy - Heard the Call V
"Penta Kill"

Bronze Trophy - Tower Power I
"Destroy 100 Towers"

Silver Trophy - Tower Power II
"Destroy 500 Towers"

Gold Trophy - Tower Power III
"Destroy 1000 Towers"

Bronze Trophy - Inhibitor Wrecker I
"Destroy 50 Inhibitors"

Silver Trophy - Inhibitor Wrecker II
"Destroy 500 Inhibitors"

Gold Trophy - Inhibitor Wrecker III
"Destroy 1000 Inhibitors"

Bronze Trophy - Initiate
"Win 50 Matches"

Bronze Trophy - Challenger
"Win 250 Matches"

Silver Trophy - Master
"Win 1000 Matches"

Bronze Trophy - Minion Masher
"Destroyed 1000 Minions"

Bronze Trophy - Minion Masher II
"Destroyed 5000 Minions"

Silver Trophy - Minion Masher III
"Destroyed 10,000 Minions"

Silver Trophy - Jurassic Park
"Got all 3 Raptors with Final Blow"

Silver Trophy - Primed by an Orb
"Get killing blow on Orb Prime"

Bronze Trophy - First!
"Get First Kill in Game"

Bronze Trophy - Slain!
"Get First Death in Game"

Bronze Trophy - Core Corruptor I
"Destroy the Enemy Core 50 Times"

Bronze Trophy - Core Corruptor II
"Destroy the Enemy Core 250 Times"

Silver Trophy - Core Corruptor III
"Destroy the Enemy Core 1000 Times"

Bronze Trophy - Reputation Proceeds You I
"Bank 100,000 Reputation"

Bronze Trophy - Reputation Proceeeds You II
"Bank 500,000 Reputation"

Silver Trophy - Reputation Proceeds You III
"Banks 1,000,000 Reputation"

Bronze Trophy - I'll Buy that for a Dollar!
"Purchase from the Store (Coins/Reputation)"

Bronze Trophy - Star Initiate
"Earn 100 Stars"

Bronze Trophy - Star Challenger
"Earn 500 Stars"

Silver Trophy - Star Master
"Earn 1000 Stars"

Bronze Trophy - What's in the Box?!
"Open your first Loot Crate"

Bronze Trophy - Pop that Chest!
"Open your first Chest (Bronze/Silver/Gold/Diamond)"

Bronze Trophy - Pick a Card!
"Open Your First Card Pack"

Bronze Trophy - Card Craftsman
"Create your First Card"

Bronze Trophy - Card Cutter
"Dismantle your First Card"

Silver Trophy - All your Base belong to Us!
"Didn't lose any Tier 1 Tower"

Bronze Trophy - Show your Support
"Pick a Support Hero"

Bronze Trophy - Brawling Brute
"Pick a Melee Hero"

Bronze Trophy - Ranged to the Bone
"Pick a Ranged Hero"

Gold Trophy - FIFTY! Big 50!
"Account Level Max Achieved"

That's just the starter Trophy Pack, then you create subsequent Trophy Folders for each Hero

Like you can 100% Platinum Paragon, but then individual Heroes get their own Trophy set

Each Hero comes standard with a pack that's always:

Bronze Trophy - Initiate
"Started the Mastery with "Insert Name Here"

Bronze Trophy - Challenger
"Mastery Level 5"

Silver Trophy - Master
"Mastery Level 10"

Bronze Trophy - Burning with Desire
"Earned the Master Skin"

Bronze Trophy - Show Off!
"Used your Heroes Emote in Game"

So use that as template and over time add and fill up more and more achievements and trophies

You have a basic run of the mill Play Paragon, invest time, get rewarded
Then you can put sub folders of each Hero releases and keep adding to it, like how Warframe does it with its update

GraveRobberX

Got back to back Loot Crates from playing PvE yesterday 3 free total)
Woke up today, got GRIM.exe to Hero level 9, Diamond Chest
Open it
Earn card material, 3600rep, card pack, Loot Crate Key
Use Key
Roll Legendary, 2000 coins

Now I have 17,770 coins!

Turkoop

Banned
Was on Reddit, the Paragon sub

Posted in a thread about Trophies/Achievements

Anyone feedback would be appreciated:

You have a basic run of the mill Play Paragon, invest time, get rewarded
Then you can put sub folders of each Hero releases and keep adding to it, like how Warframe does it with its update

Destroy 1000 Inhibitors? Definitely too many.

rellix

Did they fix the weird card system and the horrible antialiasing/motion blur problems yet?

Former was being reworked (but it didn't appear to be what i was hoping for based on the description) and the latter is a UE4 problem they'll probably never change. I last checked in 2-3 months ago. My eyes hurt playing this game. :(

Eggbok

I want to fucking cry.
We were losing a match, they took down two of our inhibitors. My team pushes both of those lanes back. so the minions don't get close They attack the other team and I push the right lane all the way by myself and destroy their right inhibitor. I get their core down to 11% and get killed by their team since they teleport back to their core. I respawn and run back to their core and I get to their core and start shooting the shit out of it. I get it down to 2% and we lose the match. I am in complete disbelief, my team died and the other teams minions destroyed our core. Our core was at 100% when i was making the trip back, literally speechless.....

I ask them all what happen and they start blaming each other, accusing each other for chasing. I never get mad at losing but fuck me, I got it to 2% and we lose. SMFH

ZeroCoin

New patch notes are up.....

39.5 Release Notes

Not a whole lot here. New Feng Mao skin to quiet the people that complain about no new skins for him any time another character gets a new skin. Also a few new colors for the new Feng skin and the Rogue Kallari skin.

"The mystery of the New Age will reveal itself on May 11..."

Something to look forward to in a few days it seems.

New patch notes are up.....

39.5 Release Notes

Not a whole lot here. New Feng Mao skin to quiet the people that complain about no new skins for him any time another character gets a new skin. Also a few new colors for the new Feng skin and the Rogue Kallari skin.

"The mystery of the New Age will reveal itself on May 11..."

Something to look forward to in a few days it seems.

Brand new offlane layout, kallari rework and new cards.

.40 hyyyyyyype.

Neverfade

Just downloaded this and played some bot and co-op AI matches.... and I have no idea what the fuck is going on. Any better tutorials than the awful ones in the OP?

To clarify, I'm not talking about the basic MOBA trappings they do show you, just the 4 billion other prompts, currencies, HUD elements, and card nonsense that they don't explain.

Top Bottom