• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paragon Open Beta Thead | PC x PS4

delSai

Really happy with all this. I absolutely love Phase's design and skills. The other changes seem good too, i hope i'll like the new Hero. I really need something that gets me back into the game right now.

SarusGray

Yea it's weird.

I personally welcome more female characters/waifus.

The female character design in this game is some of the best I've seen.

I agree, some of the complaints have been too similar body types but honestly that's been the trope in any game with female characters. The characters though stand on their own regardless of their body types and are one of the most interesting characters regardless. Especially the newest release.

Kei-

I like her design a lot. Definitely inspired by Fetch from Infamous right? I mean right down to the comic book panels. Liking her skin variant as well, Sluggo is cute.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Drafting is going to suck but people wanting to play support will be amazing lol.

You know damn well most people will run her mad deeps yo'

Windcarver Blades and Whirling Wands added to the deck
Gotta get my killing spree

That tether is gonna be so tro-lol-lol, I await the YouTube clips of Phase yanking you from getting the Elimination, the new Mei Wall

SarusGray

I like her design a lot. Definitely inspired by Fetch from Infamous right? I mean right down to the comic book panels. Liking her skin variant as well, Sluggo is cute.

I love it, I love the homage from Bloodborne for revenant, and now the homage for infamous. These new releases are really awesome. Former Support main coming back to support ya!

Eggbok

You know damn well most people will run her mad deeps yo'

Windcarver Blades and Whirling Wands added to the deck
Gotta get my killing spree

That tether is gonna be so tro-lol-lol, I await the YouTube clips of Phase yanking you from getting the Elimination, the new Mei Wall

That is going to suck ass so much! Also that new Greystone skin is bad ass!
He looks so much better with the new hair.

GraveRobberX

Got my 3rd Mastery, GRIM.exe

Jesus, it takes for fucking ever to go from 9 to 10, you could level up like 3+ Heroes from 5 to 7 with that much XP

Oh wells I'm back on the grind again cause I have Grux @9.5 and leveling him towards Master, then Twinblast at 8

Thank fuck double XP week coming!, I really need it!
Might use some coins and buy a boost or two to make it go quicker

siKK0fs.jpg

SarusGray

I can see it now with Phase, a tower diving greystone who is about to die, have him ult, pull him back immediately and have a steel ult those in the slows range. Yaas.

I like Phase. It's nice to see that type of support added to Paragon. That said, I can see people being super trolly in PUGs with her using that pull ability.

Phase looks great. Another awesome design. I'm more curious about the changes made for Steel, my original main. I'm happy to see them tweaking the old heroes to bring them up to speed with the new.

GraveRobberX

9ZBi1wH.jpg

Daily Rewards (Login, Days 61-75;90)

Days 61-75
61: 1 Card Pack
62: Rep Boost: 1 Win
63: 175 Reputation
64: 250 Matrix
65: 2,000 Reputation
66: Rep Boost: 1 Win
67: Silver Chest
68: 25 Coins
69: Bronze Chest
70: 5 Card Packs
71: Rep Boost: 1 Win
72: 350 Reputation
73: 500 Matrix
74: Silver Chest
75: 1 Loot Crate Key

Day 90: 3 Loot Crate Keys

There you go.

hurzelein

Awesome patchnotes design and content! Seeing these Greystone gifs makes me so sad about the base PS4 graphics :)
Good adjustments across the board, glad for the slight Yin nerf.

I'm switching to the alternate control scheme since that appears to be the way the devs want you to play.

Context in case anyone else wonders what that means. From the patchnotes:

- If players were using the alternative control scheme, that is now the default. New players will have this alternative control scheme by default.

Will give the alternate scheme a try.

Community corner on v.40: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59LnfBZPbSE&feature=share

https://www.reddit.com/r/paragon/co...dium=front&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=paragon

Rough highlights from the video:
  • (1:15) Ranked isn't out yet because they are working on a lot of things, and it's just one of those things they're not ready for yet.
  • (2:00) Right now the itemization is to focused on chasing stats, they want to move away from that with the card rework. "The dream is that items will key off of heroes".
  • (6:30) OP and Raptors believe in the power of friendship. The purpose of them though, is to be highly impactful parts of a match that can force fights. Basically acting as steps to reaching the end of a match.
  • (9:20) A new carry confirmed in the works, in play testing.
  • (10:05) The goal of Health/Armor changes is to test the waters and see how much it affects game play, with an eye towards making more of a dramatic change when they are closer to finishing the card rework. Majority of the card changes we are seeing are basically tests to see how things go so they can make appropriate changes for the final card rework. They want to make cards more enjoyable to use, for example the change of Quenching Scales to a direct heal- giving more control to the player.
  • (14:10) Gold Buff is proving to be a great asset for teams internally; Carries, Support, and Junglers can benefit from it greatly in different situations. (For example an enemy Jungler gets a good gank and can get the "one-two-punch" by quickly taking the Gold after.)
  • (14:45) Steel sounds juicy.
  • (18:45) Older heroes are considered to be in need of more "definition", in reference to Murdock changes.
  • (21:25) K.L. drops some hot lines (I do advise listening).
  • (22:35) They're very excited for competitive Phase plays. If you don't have a team that can take out Phase, you're gonna have a bad time.
Overall this was an enjoyable video! I definitely suggest watching when you have the time to do so. Cheers!

darkwing

yeah, been trying a few co-op, i had like sub 15 mins matches because the bots were just mindlessly attacking even though it was like 2v1 or more lol

GraveRobberX

So the Event and Banner:

M98yKw2.jpg

G9WVPND.jpg

xKPe51S.jpg

Animated Banner, flag waves by Sluggo!

Grux Mastery!, Woot, bought a 10 day Boost along side Double XP to earn 4500-6500 XP each match
uuMvsNsl.jpg

Also the Monthly Mega Vault is awesome tiered

30 Stars - Gold Chest
30 Stars - Diamond Chest
30 Stars - Token to roll at Vault
ZhfDfIul.jpg

Don't forget to check your email from Epic, if your subscribed to their newsletter and informational stuff

Click on the Sluggo banner and get redirected to use a code to earn a Random Reward in Game!

Code is: 2PKJT-CVRRS-X3M4S-EGNQP (It's Universal)
Every time a Hero releases we get this, the Random Rewrd

I earned: 1 Card Pack lol

GraveRobberX

Yeah Phase is getting nerfed superbig time lol

Holy Shit when I play as her Support ADC's fucking become Superheroes and can 1 v 3 with me as the backup

Fuck Phase Support is OP, I was Revnant and someone picked Phase and supported me in Offlane
I get Co-Op as it is broken at the moment with her by my side, I think I pulled of 3 back to back Triple Kills with her by my side

I fucking hit 60 CXP within 20 minutes, second lowest was Grux @49
Lowest was Aurora @20
Got 37 Kills with 7 Assists, 0 Deaths, she saved me from minion cockblock 4 times
4 Deaths not on my card cause of Phase, pulled me out just as I got the kill early in the game

Holy fuck Support Mains + ADC Mains are gonna fucking wreck in PvP
Jesus!

She's the OP Ana of Overwatch fame, she's a Walking Bitoic Grenade with Mercys Heal Beam added in for shits n' giggles

GraveRobberX

On my last game where I hit Grux Mastery, she used her Ultimate on me, good lord the Attack Speedi gained, it almost felt like my Animations of swinging were haxor'd beyond belief

I was like what the fuck just happened, Belica Bot died in like 4 swings in under 2 second, my Ultimate + her Ultimate, the combo was insane

GraveRobberX

Well I got trolled hard on Monthly Mega Vault

90 Fucking Stars earned, worked my ass off since Patch release and all I got was 600 Metal, COME THE FUCK ON!

At least make it 1,000 or hell 1,500 Card Material, nice chunk of it, can at least create 3-5 Universal Cards

Now I gotta wait till next week, it's gonna be week 4/4 of May...
So 1 roll wasted
Removed the Uncommon roll, watch me hit 15,000 Reputation or 3 Card Packs lol next week

Should've kept the rewards for this Month to 3 due to small Month pool, missing 2 weeks already!

1 Legendary, 1 Rare, 1 Uncommon
2 Shots at Legendary, either you get lucky with netting yourself it or you luck out
This is bullshit!

Next month you bring out full Vault

Wonder how 5 weeks months are going to be treated

SarusGray

Phase is one of the best support heroes I've played. So much fun. Good job Epic. Now.... when are you guys/gals releasing those PSN avatars in North America? Don't think I've forgotten.

GraveRobberX

Started @4:30AM, finally finished lol

Played 30 Games total (took breaks here and there, 15-17 game hours 👀)
Earned enough Stars for Star Chest that I went from Bronze to Gold with 35 in the bank
Finished the Monthly Mega Vault already for the week

Got Grux to Mastery 45,000 XP
Phase is like 300XP till level 3
Twinblast is 8.75 now, need roughly 30,000 XP till 9
Pushing all my Heroes to 7 of whose Masteries I have unlocked (Roughly 4-5 are 6-6.5, 9 are @5)

Godspeed me...

Gonna stockpile loot, all rewards and Open them on my Birthday! (June 21st)
7 Loot Crates, 1 Golden Loot Crate Key
1 Card Pack
1 Silver, 1 Gold, 3 Diamond chests so far!

Eggbok

Khaimera x Phase = Problems!

I can only imagine Greystone x Phase *shudders*

I did Greystone x Phase today, we were nasty. I had health stacked so we both had a constant flow of health regen. Also Phases Physchic Flare + Greystones Make Way whirlwind melts minions. We were against Phase and Twinblast and they could not push to our tower. I love using Phase though, got some combos in that were really sweet.
RIP to Muriel.

Also bots are broken, played two matches today where right lane bots run up to the outline of the tower and completely stand still.
I had no dodges today shockingly, I was trolled with a Phase playing coop. Everytime I got close to killing an enemy she would pull me back and then use the beam on them to get the kill. I just started breaking her chain off of me lol.

I thought this patch was a huge buff for sev but boy was I wrong. Christ, I did not realize how much I was dodging creep autos in 39. Plus they two games I played today had an even high fight density than prior, where sev prefers longer games with more stable laning phases.

This sucks but I guess I'm fine with it since I wanted to start offlaning Mori as a next main.

Ploid 3.0

I almost finished the stage 3 of the Mega Vault. Everything seem to just give rep points, so many rep points. Diamond chests, gold, a sea of rep.

RIP to Muriel.

Oh geez :( Poor Muriel. I was hoping to move to her after I get this one The Fey level for another diamond chest.

Ploid 3.0

WhyyyyyyyyY! I could almost stop but I need one more game :( I just want the diamond box really. I don't want yet another Murdock skin, and that key won't be used for a long long time if I get it.

9iPSnmz.jpg

GraveRobberX

WhyyyyyyyyY! I could almost stop but I need one more game :( I just want the diamond box really. I don't want yet another Murdock skin, and that key won't be used for a long long time if I get it.

9iPSnmz.jpg

I got trolled on XP on Hero level up

Revnant was 7, SEVEN XP from next level, had to play another game to net Diamond Chest
I knew one of my co-op guys screwed me using a Hero without Mastery unlocked!
If only they had it, at least I earned a chunk of XP, cause next game AFK + Slowgrind, earned 6500 XP lol

Top Bottom