• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paragon Open Beta Thead | PC x PS4

delSai

Tales from the Monolith:

I'm playing Phase. We are attacking and destroying the right inhibitor. Many die in the brutal fight that takes place right there, i'm trying to pull the TwinBlast out of the danger zone, but he dies right as i pull him. I'm alone. I do 70 Damage, gotta run. Their Phase blinds me, i run like a drunk person and hope to avoid as much damage as possible. I can see again, the enemy team is not chasing me. Except for their Phase. I run the lane back up to our tower and see the Steel just standing there behind our minions. The next hit would kill me, i get close to Steel, hope he drops his shield or does anything to help. I get hit and die. Steel, who has full HP and Mana, decides to port back, decides to not give a fuck about me.

Man, that pissed me off lol. That was an amazing game, like most have been lately, but that moment made me shake my head.

The phase/rev combo is starting to get ridiculous.

Obliterate is broken af and phase can root you from across the entire map, then blind you for 3 days.

"Working as intended, see you in 3 weeks"

Fucking hell Epic.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
The phase/rev combo is starting to get ridiculous.

Obliterate is broken af and phase can root you from across the entire map, then blind you for 3 days.

"Working as intended, see you in 3 weeks"

Fucking hell Epic.

Obliterate needs a nerf, it's almost an Ultimate powered ability on small cooldown

I had a Rev in PvE who was ganking kills from others just by running lane to lane and waiting till 40-50% Health Bots, 1 Obliterate all swarms lock-on and GG
I mean it shouldn't be that powerful

Then you give him Scar on top of that

If Obliterate was a skill shot that you had to line up and swarms weren't lock on but casted in vicinity of area, it wouldn't be that powerful

Every time I use Revnant, you want to max Obliterate out as quickly as possible, removing all that Health in chunks is crazy

GraveRobberX

Patch is up!

They had delay and some server shenanigans

750MB for PC, 540MB for PS4

OMG, went to Solo vs AI to see how Wu Kong works

Wow, managing stances takes a little bit muscle memory

Leaving it on the wrong stance is hilarious
Why didn't I stun and slow the Bot down by double jumping, why am I walking on air, oh my staffs a different color, durr....

Deck with help from others through Reddit assisting me for my deck for Wukong

+72% Crit Chance
+100% Crit Bonus
+25 Lifesteal
+126 Power
+49.5 Attack Speed

Start with Health pot + Health Token, then build 2 Windcarver Blades, with 3 Minor Strikes or Casts

Sages Ward, with 3 Minor Strikes or Casts

Move onto the first Spear of the Rifthunter, 3 Minor Wounds

Blade of Agora, with 3 Minor Cast or Strikes

Spear of the Rifthunter, with 2 Righteous Wounds and 1 Major Cast

Sell off 1 Windcarver, Spear of the Rifthunter, with 2 Righteous Wounds and 1 Major Cast

Sell off other Windcarver for Whirling Wand with 3 Kinetics, as 3-2-1

Then finally, Thirstfang, with 2 Greater Drains and 1 Drain

60 CXP.

1 6 Point, 2 9 Point, and 3 12 Point Cards.

Ploid 3.0

I like this skin on him the most.

8g7p5Z8.png

And boy do I love Steel in vs AI. So easy, and things just seem to go so smoothly. I wonder who I will play next.

SSReborn

I'm kind of iffy on the opposition being able to see Wukongs highlighted minions. I feel like it kills the characters effectiveness as a possible jungler because it baits out incoming ganks to the enemy. Obviously I know he is a carry but I feel like that role would work for him too. I don't even think it's that important for the opposition to know which minion he has highlighted because you're likely not gonna stop him from killing or last hitting them anyways.

Any thoughts on this?

hurzelein

I'm kind of iffy on the opposition being able to see Wukongs highlighted minions. I feel like it kills the characters effectiveness as a possible jungler because it baits out incoming ganks to the enemy. Obviously I know he is a carry but I feel like that role would work for him too. I don't even think it's that important for the opposition to know which minion he has highlighted because you're likely not gonna stop him from killing or last hitting them anyways.

Any thoughts on this?

What do you mean, are they highlighted on the map or just the "glowing" model I saw in one of the videos?

SSReborn

What do you mean, are they highlighted on the map or just the "glowing" model I saw in one of the videos?
The model is glowing like in the video so once he gets vision on minions they start to glow. If my enemy can see this then I can't successfully gank because it'll warn them I'm around before I initiate.

GraveRobberX

Daily Reward; Days 91-105 and Day 120

Here you go:

ACWrpUI.jpg

Day 91: x100 Algae
Day 92: x175 Reputation
Day 93: 1 Card Pack
Day 94: x250 Metal
Day 95: x50 Coins
Day 96: x250 Shrapnel
Day 97: x175 Reputation
Day 98: Rep Boost: 1 Win
Day 99: x250 Cursed Soul
Day 100: XP Boost: 20 Wins (HOLY SHIT!)
Day 101: Bronze Chest
Day 102: x350 Reputation
Day 103: x250 Algae
Day 104: Rep Boost: 6 Wins
Day 105: x1000 Cursed Soul

Day 120: Diamond Chest

Espada

Damn, no loot crate reward for that month. I've been fairly unlucky with chests lately, I've been getting nothing but reputation chunks. So much so, in fact, that I have Masteries for all but 6 characters unlocked.

Eggbok

Idk if it's because of the last update or what but since Wukong has been out I have been getting a shitload of lag. I had never lagged at any point prior to the update but now it's almost every game. It got so bad one match that I saw Wukong coming from the other team everything froze in place and when the lag ended I was dead. What is going on!? My whole team was lagging as well, halp!

SarusGray

The model is glowing like in the video so once he gets vision on minions they start to glow. If my enemy can see this then I can't successfully gank because it'll warn them I'm around before I initiate.

are you sure? The enemy wukong nor my ally wukong was near by but I could see glowing minions, its so trippy.

Eggbok

I think the update broke lane selection lol, whenever you choose a lane it picks the "any lane" option regardless of what you choose.

Tried playing Phase a few times, didn't really enjoy it. Tried out Narbash yesterday and much preferred playing as a tanky support.

Landing a perfect Thunk and my carry following up on it for a kill is a great feeling.

Still prefer playing offlane with Greystone though. Tainted Magic and Radiant Mantle on him feels borderline overpowered.

SarusGray

Tried playing Phase a few times, didn't really enjoy it. Tried out Narbash yesterday and much preferred playing as a tanky support.

Landing a perfect Thunk and my carry following up on it for a kill is a great feeling.

Still prefer playing offlane with Greystone though. Tainted Magic and Radiant Mantle on him feels borderline overpowered.

does tainted trigger on radiant?

KyleCross

I hear the PC version has HDR support, but it doesn't automatically kick my display into HDR mode and I cannot find an HDR setting in the game. Have I been lied to?

Eggbok

Today I died and turned into god then my game broke. I was killed by 3 people at once but I lived, I fell to 0 health yet I was alive.
I started standing there while the 3 person gangbang tried to attack me yet nothing happened then I ran a little further while Aurora and Kwang tried to get me.
I stood there briefly, mocking their efforts then ran away. I couldn't attack either though but I started to run through towers to freak the other team.
The poof I just disappeared and have -1 respawn time for the remainder of the match lol.

sharefactory_201706156wupc.gif

The following match ends with me destroying their inhibitor and killing all 5 people on the other team, I feel GOOD AS FUCK!! I was normal this game, no brokeness or anything. Great way to end the night, hopefully I don't get reported for cheating, it was nothing I did lol.

GraveRobberX

FUCK!! hopefully I don't get reported for cheating, it was nothing I did lol.

Nah that's a bug, it's a known problem

You become God mode, only way to reset is to run to enemy teams base and jump into their HQ (respawn area)
It will insta-gib you and reset everything

GraveRobberX

Forgot to post this got my 5th Mastery:

Twinblast

Also seriously fix Co-Op, for fuck sakes, I'm like 75% sure I'm dropping this fucking game if this isn't addressed
qJ2oM6bl.jpg

I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD, my last few games have been the herp derp Bots
Not even use Basic attacks till like Inhibs on their side being attacked

We finished the game in under 9 minutes
Would've been 5-7 minutes, I delayed it cause I was like there is no way in hell the bots at 5% Health still fighting, yet I kept hearing "An Enemy was Executed" over and over meaning running into towers or dying to minions

Within the first minute and a half I netted 3 kills to 0 minions, cause they just went side to side and each hit took a fucking chunk off

I'm starting to suspect this code is fucking broken beyond repair

Theyre so busy creating palette swap colors to stuff up the Loot Crates ass and balance is now on a fucking 9 week timer, it's like Epic wants this motherfucking game to fail

Got my 3rd Monthly Mega Vault done - x5 Rep Boost: 3 Wins, so 100% on XP, also have a 3 Day Boost from Epic Pack I bought lol
So 200% XP for next 15 wins is nice

Then I bought the Humble Bundle BTA package, so I'll get 10 Day XP Boost and tomorrow is Day 100 for Daily Reward and that's a XP Boost: 20 Wins

Damn next 35 Games in on a 200% XP Boost!
Then 10 days of extra 100%

At least I'll fill up my low Heroes to 5 at least!

GraveRobberX

Stockpile Grows!: 3,000,000Rep Get!
5LPNJ33.jpg

Only 5 days left, oh boy, let me get all the Reputation!

Ploid 3.0

I'm looking forward to the 21st to see if you get anything cool.

What does someone do with a ton of rep? I have a lot myself but nothing to really spend it on. I don't think I need any card. Maybe for when they bring out new cards. I only unlock masteries for characters that I could see myself playing a lot

delSai

What does someone do with a ton of rep? I have a lot myself but nothing to really spend it on. I don't think I need any card. Maybe for when they bring out new cards. I only unlock masteries for characters that I could see myself playing a lot

i wouldn't hate the Loot System as much if there was a use for Rep lol. It's pretty much the only thing i get in boxes aside from a Cardpack every now and then. I dont think theres anything aside from masteries and cards at the moment tho.

I believe they want to add colors that you can buy with Rep? I am not 100% sure on that tho

ZeroCoin

i wouldn't hate the Loot System as much if there was a use for Rep lol. It's pretty much the only thing i get in boxes aside from a Cardpack every now and then. I dont think theres anything aside from masteries and cards at the moment tho.

I believe they want to add colors that you can buy with Rep? I am not 100% sure on that tho

Agreed. Lack of progression is killing my motivation to keep at it. Already a maxed level with my account, so no use for exp overall. Already have all the cards and masteries unlocked, so no use for rep. Only thing to care about is getting characters to max rank, but why? A mastery skin that's probably not as good as a paid skin or an emote that's not as good as a paid emote? If it's really a character I like I probably bought a skin or emote anyway.

Maybe the card rework will change some things up.

GraveRobberX

I'm looking forward to the 21st to see if you get anything cool.

Yeah still stockpiling

Buying Hero Mastery was suppose to be the Rep Sink. A lot of players bought founder pack, making Rep worthless. Then Card Packs became the sink, but again so much rep was spent and all cards gotten, that no point to open or buy card packs, Reputation stagnated again
Then we had all those awesome events give Packs, rep, skins, that it became an afterthought

Then Epic Crates fiasco with the Substitute reward really overkilled Reputation to such a point, now it's a moot currency
Just stockpile till eventual "Rep Store"

I think I'm hitting a wall, doesnt mean full quit, but the game and the Devs have not been doing a good job addressing issues the playerbase wants
I get it's Beta and all, but with Beta quick changes and adjustments should be a given. They're treating this game like a full release. 9 weeks to adjust Heroes is too damn long

I got that 1 week fixes were crazy and meta changed every week, they should just do patches on whole numbers
I mean 6 weeks is good, 9 is overkill for balance patches

Then PvE has been broken for fucking ever, they have more time to pad Crates with variations and skins, an issue they themselves created
If I want i could unlock the last remaining Heroes Mastery and still have like 2million Rep left over, but no point really

Half those skins should be put into Rep Store, you should be Rep Sinking galore at the moment, making Rep a commodity hard to earn
They are just giving it away in chunks and people keep stockpiling it

I'm gonna bet at least I'll walk away with 500,000-750,000 Reputation come Wednesday easily!
I have all these coins to spend but I'm not spending it on the bullshit things Epic does

Gonna log in daily, play a game here or there but no more grinding, tired of the huge curve XP takes from level 7 onwards to level them to 10
Doesn't help you can't grind XP in Co-Op like the old days of at least 30 minute matches and walking away with 6-8K with Boosts
Now 15 minute matches are to be had cause Star grinding is the new chase
I mean I can get all 110 stars within a Day and a half, hell same for Monthly Mega Vault

I've Earned 3,015 Stars already...
Just checked I had 770 Stars on May 2nd, so in 40 days I've earned 2,245 Stars, earning 56 Stars a Day (What the Fuck!)
Guess those Bonus Stars do fucking add up

Gonna play my backlog and get ready for Destiny 2

Sucks no more Paragon fun times...

delSai

It sucks that this is the only competitive team game with good crossplay. One of my friends is PC only, the other PS4. Rocket League doesn't support Ranked Crossplay so Paragon is kind of the only choice.

That other F2P Moba with Crossplay, King of Wushu, never came out in the west and the devs have been silent for a while now.

Not that Paragon is bad but like GraveRobber said... there are some problems.

GraveRobberX

Patch 40.5 notes:

https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/en-US/news/v-40-5-release-notes

Well at least they're trying to address some issues:

"We are currently testing balance changes to heroes such as Morigesh, Revenant and Phase for the upcoming v.41 update. These adjustments are aimed at improving the overall health of the game as we lead up to our next major balance pass."

So with new Hero release, some nerfs coming finally

I'm noticing an influx of Call of Duty players in my matches (chasing kills above all)... probably I fell in some internal matchmaking hell or I'm at the doorstep of it.

I stopped playing a couple of months before Monolith and came back about a month or less ago and a lot of things have changed, my deck was useless and had to strat all over again but I'm starting to feel a little more confident, mostly about the map and all the new heroes.

The End

Patch 40.5 notes:

https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/en-US/news/v-40-5-release-notes

Well at least they're trying to address some issues:

"We are currently testing balance changes to heroes such as Morigesh, Revenant and Phase for the upcoming v.41 update. These adjustments are aimed at improving the overall health of the game as we lead up to our next major balance pass."

So with new Hero release, some nerfs coming finally

My revenant!

Noooo

Goes back to maining Belica

GraveRobberX

I'm noticing an influx of Call of Duty players in my matches (chasing kills above all)... probably I fell in some internal matchmaking hell or I'm at the doorstep of it.

I stopped playing a couple of months before Monolith and came back about a month or less ago and a lot of things have changed, my deck was useless and had to strat all over again but I'm starting to feel a little more confident, mostly about the map and all the new heroes.

If there was you know a fleshed out tutorial of basic, intermediate, advanced players would have to first play to learn, it wouldn't be so rampant

Co-Op did teach you, Bots did there moves and tag teamed those players who thought running close to their base while towers are up will get them free kills

Now you see new players either learn bad thing is co-op or see co-op is broken and learn the Hero while playing PvP
Then it's a snowball effect of many things: experience, lanes, mechanics of last hit/jungling/swapping lanes, buffs, Raptors/Orb Prime, smurf accounts, timers, minion waves, towers/inhibs, Heroes that counter Heroes... then you either get AFK, Quiiter, 15 minute on the dot surrender.

Doesn't help new players coming also have to amass a fuckton of things to really be viable in PvP, not a huge advantage but still an advantage

Turkoop

Banned
If there was you know a fleshed out tutorial of basic, intermediate, advanced players would have to first play to learn, it wouldn't be so rampant

Co-Op did teach you, Bots did there moves and tag teamed those players who thought running close to their base while towers are up will get them free kills

Now you see new players either learn bad thing is co-op or see co-op is broken and learn the Hero while playing PvP
Then it's a snowball effect of many things: experience, lanes, mechanics of last hit/jungling/swapping lanes, buffs, Raptors/Orb Prime, smurf accounts, timers, minion waves, towers/inhibs, Heroes that counter Heroes... then you either get AFK, Quiiter, 15 minute on the dot surrender.

Doesn't help new players coming also have to amass a fuckton of things to really be viable in PvP, not a huge advantage but still an advantage

I feel that most players I play with knows how the game works, what are the objectives and what's important (at least to a degree), I just see that chasing a kill is stronger than them, especially if it's a certain kill that eluded them and they can't get over it. But at least I'm not playing with people that understand practically nothing about the genre, and most of the time I get reasonable compositions.

GraveRobberX

I feel that most players I play with knows how the game works, what are the objectives and what's important (at least to a degree), I just see that chasing a kill is stronger than them, especially if it's a certain kill that eluded them and they can't get over it. But at least I'm not playing with people that understand practically nothing about the genre, and most of the time I get reasonable compositions.

That's always a given, "Kill Confirned" and absorbing a Heroes Ember to some feels more than say last minion hits
Some still treat it like Deathball, just roll from one lane to the next

PvP is a whole different beast than Co-Op even though I bask in that mode way too much
I watch competitive games and know how the meta is shifting or top players gravitating towards

One thing Epic as I stated was they really need good tutorials and hammer home points about MOBAsin general
Like as you say chasing the enemy, say if it was a Carry, you made them retreat back to base, that's 15-30 seconds of them re-entering the field to farm or battle
You could do same and even it out, stay farm extra, or now have advantage over lane or help another lane out
When players chase, you give up the advantage, it's worse when you have no close out move or a blink card to get the kill

Even in Co-Op chase killing is rampant, fuck those 12 minions that I just bypassed, I need to kill that bot who is halfway to base already, then you hear "Friendly Tower Destroyed" and next tower getting hammered
Then you see them retreat all the way back running, than porting...

I had a Co-Op Murdock who would run back to base every time to power up lol
I psn message ASAP, didn't want AFK penalty, told him press R3 to return back, his mind was Blown...
Like that SIMPLE FUCKING COMMAND some players bypassed, even though there's a R3 marker for Home, but as stated if you teach a person to MOBA, they pay it forward immensely

I get it's Beta and all, but with Beta quick changes and adjustments should be a given. They're treating this game like a full release. 9 weeks to adjust Heroes is too damn long

I absolutely agree with this. My group went from playing this game every single night to barely playing it at all, and it's due to its stagnation.

You can't release a character like Phase then just leave her be for 9 whole weeks. That's absurd.

My sentiments exactly.

Phase, Morigesh and Revenants "obliterate" have stopped me from playing.

I bought the master founders pack and played almost every day since release......

I haven't played for almost 2 weeks.

Fix your shit KL/Mooney.

delSai

I absolutely agree with this. My group went from playing this game every single night to barely playing it at all, and it's due to its stagnation.

You can't release a character like Phase then just leave her be for 9 whole weeks. That's absurd.

Same here. A while ago we didn't even have to ask "You guys wanna play Paragon?", we just showed up at the same time everyday, started to talk thru skype, listening to the same Spotify playlist and played the game. Now it happens maybe once a week and after a match we just stop.

And while i love Phase i totally agree with what you said. It's insane that Rev and her still haven't gotten patched.

GraveRobberX

Remember how they adjusted Yin a bunch pretty much on the same week as her release?

I much prefer that.

I remember, first they buffed her a little 1 week then the nerf hammer came

Problem is Epic sends out Heroes overbuffed and their kits made for Monolith
The Originals are at a disadvantage cause their kits don't match to lock on abilities which do as much damage as an Ultimate

Can you imagine Gideon Meteor having Revs Scale of Obliterate, no need to position it, just Press square and Meteor drop on Hero

Then you give the we need time for assessment "data collecting", but if 2-3 weeks can't tell you if the Hero needs tuning through a Buff or nerf and need almost 2 months of broken stuff to fix things, it's no wonder people stop playing

Adjustments should be made by a Hero release, so every 3 weeks, not 9
That's enough time for the info to be collected and players will be coming back to try out new Hero anyway, so why not do it when the population is at its biggest

This, nah 9 weeks of 3 Broken Heroes released, then 2 of those 3 will get fixed, yet the new Hero might be broken too!, so the cycle starts again
Rather if a Hero releases, assess 2 weeks and adjust for the following week when a new Hero introduced into the game
This way healthy flow of adjustments work

Right now your asking players to either abuse the broken Heroes to their advantage or be at a disadvantage if not chosen for 9 weeks

They fixed Co-Op finally, all Bots are playing at the intermediate level, using skills, rotating, ganking
Games now go at least 20+ minutes easily

So many people that farmed for Stars got accustomed to just facerolling now are dying cause they forgot Bots do put up a fight
Had 3 games, 2 people quit outright each time, butthurt they couldn't just steamroll and needed CXP from minions and farm, pressed Suurender to Bots... won all 3, had 200% XP Boost, walked away with chunks of xp

Top Bottom