• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paragon Open Beta Thead | PC x PS4

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Daily Rewards (Days 136-150)

Here you go:
FrBpigw.jpg

01. *Day 136 - 100 Matrix
02. *Day 137 - 10 Coins
03. *Day 138 - XP Boost: 1 Win
04. *Day 139 - 350 Reputation
05. *Day 140 - 500 Algae (Uncommon)
06. *Day 141 - 175 Reputation
07. *Day 142 - 250 Topaz
08. *Day 143 - 25 Coins
09. *Day 144 - Bronze Chest
10. *Day 145 - 1000 Shrapnel (Rare)
11. *Day 146 - 350 Reputation
12. *Day 147 - XP Boost: 1 Win
13. *Day 148 - 500 Topaz (Uncommon)
14. *Day 149 - 350 Reputation
15. *Day 150 - Gold Key (Legendary)

Lakuza

wow, those changes are awesome. So much to take in, working on decks/builds are always fun for me so cannot wait to experiment with those :D

Moobabe

The art on the cards is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good

Edit

But some of the skins... Rampage and the totally gnarly and dank new TB costume don't do much for me

GraveRobberX

All v42 information:

Spoilers!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/306972474896154625/337714762760585216/Paragon_V.42_Leak_1.pdf

Get those Masteries ASAP!
Time to buy my remaining 10, I have the rep for it looooooooooooooool, Jesus @ how much rep is required now and the double whammy after Rank 10
Also, Hero Mastery Rank to 99! Goddamn!
Hope XP gained per game and level xp grind to next to level is adjusted, cause if its 103,000+ per level, with same XP count, that's roughly 75-100 games per level

So now there's a Reputation sink in place for the game
Hopefully Reputation is getting bumped up by a lot to compensate for the sink to balance it or Holy Shit new players are fucked

At least the Repillionaires got something to spend stuff on

delSai

I downloaded the game again due to the upcoming update, the ride never ends. I should take bets on when i'll delete it again lol.

My playtime is like 10+ Days and i haven't even mastered one Hero, Fey is level 9 but i dont really use her anymore. Getting to 99 will definitely be a task.

GraveRobberX

so from 50 to 99? oh my

No Hero levels from going from10 to 99

If you hit Master on a Hero, spend 250,000Rep to unlock 11-99, level 11 is (Gold Key), 12 is the Grand Master Crown, then every level after that is Regular Loot Crate Key from 13-99

Account level remaining at 50 (no info if it's changing)

Moobabe

Man.. that reputation sink is a real downer. Maybe they're worried that too many players have too much reputation, so they want to drain it out of the economy and force players to earn it back (or spend real money!) on upcoming stuff.

GraveRobberX

Man.. that reputation sink is a real downer. Maybe they're worried that too many players have too much reputation, so they want to drain it out of the economy and force players to earn it back (or spend real money!) on upcoming stuff.

I'm hoping for a huge uptick in XP and Rep intake or this game will stall bad

If it stays the same as current intake, then people will really have to pick and choose Heroes and stick with them

If im guessing and hoping if everything shifting, than XP and Rep have to be overhauled too
One level 99 Mastered Hero is like 10,000+ games easily even with an average of 15 minute games, that's 2500+ Hours for 1 Character... We have 36 Heroes lol

Will purchase Countess and Gadget Masteries as soon as the update launches. Mid lane on lock!

I've been really enjoying Shinbi since she got her buff. She is easy mode in mid lane, as well as jungler. Sadly, many do not know she got a buff and if you try to pick her as jungle everyone in the lobby freaks out.

Use 3 eldermage amulets with 2 health upgrades and 1 damage upgrade on all 3 cards. 1 attack speed card with damasge and atk speed upgrades, basic and ability armor. You are set to annoy and murder your opposition.

delSai

I wanted to give Jungle Shinbi a try for a while. Mid and Offlane is usually rather easy with her. I just dont get to play anything but Support when playing PVP. I wish Shinbi could be used as a support.

GraveRobberX

Will purchase Countess and Gadget Masteries as soon as the update launches. Mid lane on lock!.

Why not right now before update?

75,000Rep >>>>> 250,000Rep
That's 3 and 1/3rd Masteries at the moment worth

v42 when it launches, 3 Masteries @750,000Rep or v41.3 (which we are on) 750,000Rep gives you 10 Masteries...

Only thing it make bearable is the coins
1 Mastery from 1300 coins prior to 500 coins when v42 launches, a nice 60% reduction, while Rep increased threefold

Also today is Friday, new Community Corner #14 or #15 (I think) addresses Mastery and how it will look for upcoming changes
Guessing they'll address the leaks too

GraveRobberX

I hope I'm one of the 2,000 players who is an Overachiever
Insta Account level 99 with all rewards being Retroactive
Holy Shit!, yes please!

I played this game religiously for the last few months (if you go by my posting lol)

Also buy those Masteries, if you leveled up any Hero yet didn't unlock their Mastery, they'll get Reset back to 1!

Also Chest dilemma is real!
Do you open now and hoard all Reputation, coins, and other goodies that can be gotten or wait till v42 update and open up Chest and earn all the new Gems and Cards saving you Reputation!

I have a small stockpile of chests again, I'm gonna let it transfer over to the new system and earn Cards and Gems quick!
I have enough Rep and Coins at the moment lol

Ploid 3.0

Wow I can't wait, well I can because I'm already enjoying myself with the game.

I love when things get changed up and things feel new and interesting to discover. Just got a Gadget Bronze robot skin out of a loot crate and I'm really enjoying her. She will keep me busy until the update easily. Then I go back to Belica for styling, and the new character since enough time would have passed to be able to pick her with little fuss.

delSai

Anyone else have their game freeze on PS4 every now and then? Happend to a friend last night and to me like an hour ago. Can't do anything in-game, you have to close the application and restart everything. Thankfully both times was in Bot matches.

One day i'll get something i want out of a lootbox :/

GraveRobberX

Bought all my remaining Masteries
Still have over 3,000,000 Rep... NICE! 👍

So the way I see it Mastery is broken into 1-10 level chunks

Every 10 levels, costs you 250,000Rep to Prestige and repeat
So getting a Hero to 99 will require 2.5 million Rep
Every time you Prestige @10 you get new rewards
So like the best crown most likely is last thing you'll earn I'm guessing

Crown is gonna look weird as fuck on Revenant
Also what about skins that have a crown like Sun Wukongs Royal skin, Crown on top of Crown We Xzibit now!

Same with Morigesh, Feng Mao, Zinx with their headpieces on different skins

GraveRobberX

^

I wonder what they win, besides their art being put into the game

I mean that's going on a resume for sure and portfolio lol

Enclose

Logged in after a while again and holy shit there is so much new stuff.
Played 2 Games with a new hero and it was fun as hell. Didn't expect that, tbh. :D

GraveRobberX

Wrote this on Paragon subreddit:

So we all know Masteries are changing

I've read so many goddamn threads today to absorb the info but even this was still making me go WTF

After a cold shower, lol, I re-read it and then comments again with Epic employees and redditors and still I was like Da' Fuck?, I read something about highways and ranks being levels and levels being Rank

Then I saw it will take 2,000 hours to hit Rank 99 and my brain synapses triggered and all that info streamlined and I think I get it now.

Starting August 8th:

Each Rank consists of 10 Levels. Each Level is about 2 hours worth of increasing to next Level. Every level gotten I'm assuming will earn you a reward. So most likely 20 hours invested per Rank. There's 99 Ranks. So the 2000 hours standing out makes sense now

When our Heroes transition we won't lose anything, we just will get assigned a level and Rank for each Hero. So if my Grux is Level 10 with the Master skin, I'm really Level 10 Rank 10 Grux at the moment. I have to buy with Reputation (250,000) to unlock Level 1 Rank 11 and start the process again. My Gadget on the other hand is literally 6.5 in 41.3 version, when we shift to the new one she will be Level 5 Rank 6. All the XP will translate over.

So for us who do have Masteries when we do unlock Level 1 Rank 11 till Level 10 Rank 99 every 20 Hours invested we pay 250,000 Rep to to next Rank.

So when u/arctyczyn said to buy Masteries ASAP, he was giving us the heads up that the first 10 Ranks for all Heroes you've unlocked Masteries for are free. So it's a sound investment to purchase them now or suffer knockback to Level 1 Rank 1 for Heroes who's Mastery you haven't unlocked but put time in.

I'm guessing each lower rank will require small Rep increases until Rank 10, then the big 250,000Repmonster for the next 89 Ranks comes into play. Guessing again here but for new players once they hit Level 10 Rank 1 and need to "Prestige" to Level 1 Rank 2 might be only 5,000Rep, that then keeps increasing in value at every Rank till 10 where 250,000Rep shows up as the next Rank requirement going forward.

Also going by that PDF that did leak and the user showing Mastery Ranks we know the rewards paid out after every Rank after 10.

Rank 11 gives us a Golden Key Reward, so put 20 hours in, get those 10 levels (hopefully small rewards per level, here's hoping) move onto next reward.

Rank 12 gives us the last item. Grand Master Crown.

Then Rank 13-99, every time we "Prestige", we earn a Loot Crate Key, so 86 Loot Keys can be earned in total to each Level 10 Rank 99.

So for people @Master with their Heroes, when they get retroactively rewarded, we earn 1 new Skin (Rival), 1 new Emote, 2 New Banners (Hero Shot and Hero Concept) 3 Crowns (Challenger, Rival, Master, with Grandmaster being a Rank 12 reward).

So yeah... I think I got the understanding, if anyone thinks I'm wrong or wants to add to this please do so. Hopefully this can at least make players see what the Mastery change is all about. Good Luck to whoever grinds 2000 hours to get Level 10 Rank 99, Godspeed!.

I think I understand it now.

Edit: Nope

Someone linked to a Dev stating that each level is 6000XP. So Rank 1 Level 1 to Rank 1 Level 10 is 60,000XP

All Heroes will get adjusted to their new Ranks and Level with how much XP they've earned so far.

I was guessing if my Gadget who is Level 6.5 right now will translate to Rank 6 Level 5 in the newer version, but now going by the new standard of 6000XP per level (no matter what) whatever amount of the total XP she's earned up to this point will get divided by 6000 and that will be your new Rank and Level

This new update is going to be pretty insane. Can't wait to build decks for my favorites. My girl Phase getting number 1 priority. I won't be able to buy every mastery before the 8th but I'll be close. Probably miss out on 3 or 4.

GraveRobberX

This new update is going to be pretty insane. Can't wait to build decks for my favorites. My girl Phase getting number 1 priority. I won't be able to buy every mastery before the 8th but I'll be close. Probably miss out on 3 or 4.

Hope those few you miss you haven't put too much time into, cause the getting Reset back to Rank 1 Level 1

All Heroes that you have Mastery Challenge unlocked will transfer to new system though
Now just need confirmation Monday or Tuesday from Devs how the Heroes are getting adjusted. Most thinking whatever XP we have on our Heroes will get divided by 6000 per level and that will be your new Rank and Level. Yet if your already have Master with a Hero at level 10, they Will be Rank 10 Level 10 and ready to be Prestige to Rank 11 Level 1

GraveRobberX

Well thank Fuck Devs still look at Reddit on Saturday!

Masteries Clarified:

After seeing a few questions and comments, I thought I'd clarify a few things about the Mastery migration.

First off, if you're reading this post there is a very high chance that you're a dedicated player. If you're, say, Level 50 with a reasonable number of Masteries, you absolutely don't need to stress about min-maxing. You'll be fine. In fact, being a good amount below that will also be fine.

However, I get that it's fun to min-max, so here are a few points:

Opening a Card Pack or leaving it will have the exact same result. It doesn't matter one way or the other, so there's no point spending time opening the packs unless you want to pay your respects to the card pack art. RIP card pack art.

When I gave the example of "Save 400,000 Rep", that example player had over 2 million rep. The main point was "save some rep" if you want to level up your cards or rank up any heroes to Rank 11 (only necessary if you have heroes at 10 now). If that doesn't apply to you, then feel free to spend more rep. Mastery Ranks and Card Levels are the only new things to spend rep on, so you can decide how valuable those are to you.

I've seen this misconception a few times: unlocking a Mastery Rank in the new system requires Reputation to unlock each individual Rank. First you unlock Rank 1, then you can complete the 10 levels. Then in order to progress again, you unlock Rank 2. We don't have final numbers, but each unlock is likely to be somewhere in the range of 100,000-300,000 Reputation. Keep in mind that you'll earn more Reputation in the new system so you can't exactly compare apples-to-apples.

If you own a Mastery in the old system, you will get the first 10 unlocks for free in the new system as part of the conversion. After Rank 10, you'll have to start unlocking ranks again, one at a time. If you do not own the Mastery at the time of the conversion (patch day, August 8th), progression will be reset to Rank 0.

Given all that, I'll give you my personal strategy given my insider trading knowledge:

First, I didn't run any of this through a spreadsheet to fully min-max because, frankly, it won't matter all that much.

Since I have a Founder's Pack, I have all Masteries already. I don't have any Heroes at 10, so I'm not going to worry about saving Rep for unlocking Rank 11. Since I'm floating about 500,000 Rep, I'll burn half of that on Card Packs. I'm also holding any chests I collect between now and then. For reference, I'm only Level 38 (playing on test environments hurts my live playtime!).

I just ran the simulator, and here are the results. Buying those packs increased my migration from 95 Veteran Chests to 102 Veteran Chests*. After opening about half of these, I ended up with at least one of every card and gem. The rest are just going toward XP to level up the cards to make them look fancy. That foil effect is pretty sweet.

I hope that puts everyone's mind at ease. :)

[*] Numbers subject to change!

GraveRobberX

I bought the $99 pack back in legacy that gave me all the current masteries.

What should I do?

Nothing really your good to go!

We are @35 Heroes for the Roster, Founders gave you the first 39 Hero Masteries, so you got 4 more Heroes to get for free, so next 4 Heroes I think your golden for the first 10 Ranks.
With v42 we're getting the Iggy rework, then a Carry, then 3 more Heroes, so your good till late October following the Every3Weeks line, but other Heroes getting reworked kits also so you might get stretched out a little more!

Everyone else gotta pay Reputation to unlock Ranks from 2 moving forward, Founders don't
Pulse Devs said Founders would be getting extra goodies down the line, so there's that

I started playing this again after hearing about the upcoming update, and holy hell--Morigeth and Zinx are really fun to play!

Now I just need a few thousand more rep to buy one more mastery before this update hits.

So if I'm reading that right, it will cost between 100,000 and 300,000 reputation PER LEVEL starting with level 11?

That's steep, even if they do up the rep gains.

GraveRobberX

why do we have to master heroes before the update?

Not Master Heroes, unlock the Master Challenge. The 75,000 Reputation gate keeping mechanic for said Heroes to Master aka Level 10 aka cap.

With new update any Heroes you haven't unlocked the Master Challenge for will get reset back to 0. So if you for shits n' giggles played Narbash for a few games and got him to Level 3 and earned 2 rewards in the process (silver Chest and card Pack) but didn't play him again and didn't unlock his Master Challenge once v42 drops he'll be reset to 0. Like you've never played him. If you unlock his Master Challenge right now for 75,000 Rep, for the first 10 Ranks, Epic is giving you a free pass.

The way new Hero leveling works is

You start @0 if Master Challenge from older version of the game isn't unlocked.
Most likely you will need to spend a little Rep to unlock the Master Challenge (game most likely will give you a taste for new and older players to unlock their first Hero). Right there you unlock the Challenger Skins as Rank 1 reward.
Now with in every Rank there's 10 levels (each level is 6000XP). Once you pass each level you will be rewarded. So 9 smaller rewards with the 10th being the Rank reward.

Each level takes 2 hours average wise (not taking into account the xp boosters, Event double XP, Hero and Team XP). So 20 hours per Rank. 10 Ranks to hit Master, so roughly 200 Hours. In the new system we are linear, old system was exponential. Old you earned Levels 1-5 quick. While Levels 6,7,8, took a lot of time, and 9 took an eternity.

If you've Mastered a Hero in the old system (I have 5, 6th soon) they will be plopped at Rank 10 Level 10. All Heroes below will get adjusted accordingly to the new system by the XP they've earned. So if your level 5 in Paragon now, you might be only Rank 1 in new system cause of switching for exponential to linear. Old system first 5 levels combined equal the XP amount of Rank 1.

The journey to Mastering a Hero is the same. Rather than start you off quick out of the gate and get you earning reward on per level basis, new system plateaus this. You earn more rewards than the old system and don't feel like it's a fucking chore say when you hit level 9 in the old system and see you need 136,000XP just to hit Cap, while average wise you earn 2000XP per game, that's freaking almost 70 games of play, until you earn that Master skin. New system hit Rank 9, every 6000XP earned, small reward comes your way.

So for veterans and new players the road is still the same, requires the same time, but the rest stops are frequent and not quicker closer to when you left and further away from Destination.

Mind you there's freaking 99 Ranks, so... 2 hours per level, 20 hours per Rank, 2000 to hit new Cap with 1 Hero.

So if I'm reading that right, it will cost between 100,000 and 300,000 reputation PER LEVEL starting with level 11?

That's steep, even if they do up the rep gains.

Yes
Rep is changing, not going to be the same value as it is now. We'll get more of it, but it doesn't devalue cause so many sinks are being to take Rep away from the game that Rep as a currency will be valued more.

So people with stockpiles will burn out eventually. Cause removing chunks of XP out of veterans hand will be easier to do cause all the time they invested they can get higher quicker. Yet new players won't be burdened by it cause when the start out they'll slowly accumulate at a nice pace.

A new player coming in doesn't have to worry about Rep sink, veterans with Repillionaire status do.
Also numbers are not finalized, so we have no clue how the lower Ranks differ from the Higher Ranks.

Guessing Lower Ranks requires less Rep to move to next Rank and by the time you hit Masters Rep required to "Prestige" will be real High.

If you invested into this game you should just keep playing and not worry, all the things that are getting removed from the game are getting rewarded back very generously with the new reward system.

Only thing to be mind of is any Heroes you play and haven't unlocked their Master Challenges it's good to pay 75,000Rep now before v42 drop on August 8, cause those Heroes will reset back to 0 if you haven't unlocked. Also first 10 Ranks the Rep required to move to the next Rank is waived off

Spend a little Rep now and save time, xp, rewards, and rep for 10 Ranks.

On the subreddit the Dev was taking questions, so I asked what Day Paragon is on the Daily Rewards if you didn't do the knockback 22 hour cycle. Said 131. I'm on 139!. Gained almost a whole weeks worth of Daily Logins and when v42 arrives all days I'm ahead I'll get retroactively rewarded whatever the rewards change to on those days. So I'll earn double rewards. Awww Yiss!

GraveRobberX

What is the optimal match time if I am farming XP against bots ? 20 mins ?

Max XP/Rep is 42 minutes

After that you don't gain. That's cap

Most Co-Op finish 15-20 minutes depending on difficulty of Stars underneath the bots

If your teammates are low Account level RIP, 1 star matches get done in 10 minutes or less

Zavist

Max XP/Rep is 42 minutes

After that you don't gain. That's cap

Most Co-Op finish 15-20 minutes depending on difficulty of Stars underneath the bots

If your teammates are low Account level RIP, 1 star matches get done in 10 minutes or less

But is the progression linear ? As 20 mins is 2k exp ... 40 mins is 4k ex ?

Top Bottom