• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

I'm gonna go RF Zerker to start, my bro is going Frost Blades (Mathil build lol).

My second might be that Frostbolt totem build Liftingnerd just uploaded for pure map clearing, but I'll see how the RF char goes.

Never made RF before; most of my builds were either double dippers or melee.

Player base seems to have shrunk considerably since 2016 (last time I played)? Only 5000-1000k people per day? I hope the new patch revitalizes the game. I kinda prefer my online games to be lively.

Player base seems to have shrunk considerably since 2016 (last time I played)? Only 5000-1000k people per day? I hope the new patch revitalizes the game. I kinda prefer my online games to be lively.

Path of Exile doesn't require Steam. It existed long before it was even added to Steam. They are also published by other parties in Asia (Garena SEA, Tencent China, etc). They all don't count towards Steam numbers.

I'm gonna go RF Zerker to start, my bro is going Frost Blades (Mathil build lol).

My second might be that Frostbolt totem build Liftingnerd just uploaded for pure map clearing, but I'll see how the RF char goes.

Never made RF before; most of my builds were either double dippers or melee.

I did RF is beta. It's really good. You made a good choice. I too am doing for my starter.

Remember you can farm the divination card for the Rise of the Phoenix if the price it too inflated early on in the league.

Also you can preload the patch via torrent right now if you want. GGG put up a torrent for it. It's just the ggpk file so you'll have like 200mb or so to download when the patch goes live. Great way to get first in the queue.

Otherwise it's a 7.1gb patch file.

inky

Path of Exile doesn't require Steam. It existed long before it was even added to Steam. They are also published by other parties in Asia (Garena SEA, Tencent China, etc). They all don't count towards Steam numbers.

IIRC way more people play without Steam than with it.

Even with the changes to the Trickster tree? The extra charges seem to be pretty good.

I'm guessing it's because Inquisitor has more that boosts elemental damage (and Templar can easily access Ancestral Bond). Trickster is much more defensively oriented though, so I think it comes down to preference.

Does anyone know if the Preseed torrent works with the steam version?

I'm not sure how it'll work with steam version. I know with the standalone client you just copy the .ggpk file into the install directory and it'll just download the side files which are very small. Steam patches much differently though.

Does anyone know if the Preseed torrent works with the steam version?

You can always download the stand alone client and link your steam account to an email and use that. You'll be able to use both steam and standalone client no problem. I do it. I took a couple of hours from my first email to my account being linked.

Need to message GGG Support on their website through your steam account.

Kadin

The torrent started slow about 30 mins ago but quickly sped up and finished about 15 mins after. Try it again?

Wallach

any essential mods? trying to wrap my head around the neversink loot filter

Pretty much just a loot filter. All you do is drop whatever .filter you wanna use into your My Documents/My Games/Path of Exile folder, then go in-game and find it in the Loot Filter dropdown in the UI options. To start with you want to use whatever style version of the regular loot filter, not any of the "strict" versions.

It says 3.0.0 when I start the game but it fails to connect to the server and the countdown still says another 55min. What exactly does any of this mean?

squidyj

Even with the changes to the Trickster tree? The extra charges seem to be pretty good.

after the changes without investing in additionmal charges there's 10% additional inc damage in the trickster tree over inquisitor, compared to 16% inc damage taken. definitely more damage in inquisitor.

Is this the AHK script that also shows the min/max roll ranges on items or was that another one? I found that very useful as well.

edit: nvm, this is the item info script I was thinking about
That's included in this one, I think. Ctrl+d (I think?) tells you the tier your item rolled at.

Kadin

7182 here in queue. I think last time I was a good bit later and still got in pretty fast. Have fun all, good times ahead!

Top Bottom