• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
6 new acts huh...that is bigger than the base game?

They removed the cruel and merciless difficulties so it's actually a bit smaller if you consider all 12 acts to be the "base game". But there's less repetition so it's "bigger".

Well at least it doesn't matter that I wasn't able to leave work early today. This stuff happens every league like clockwork.

Does anyone want in on the GAF guild? I will send out invites to those who do when the servers are working. Just leave your character/account name in here.

Wish I could have made a thread on Gaming side for 3.0 release but I haven't had anytime to play any games at all last few weeks.

So is ES still worth it? Haven't played in a while. I have two main chars but IDK if they're still good:
- Lv43 Witch (ES) going for necro builds with shock/crit to go with Minion Instability.
- Lv51 Ranger (Dodge) with the lightning GMP, pierce and mana leech. Do I still get physical nodes or do I get elemental damage?

Holy shit what is this skill tree.

Tell me I can respec... I'm gonna fuck this up.

Respec 10 skill points? No problem, you get some respec points naturally while completing quests.

Respect 50 skill points? Might be faster to just roll a new character.

If skill tree feels intimidating to the point where it might stop you from playing, you might want to consider following a build guide. There is no shame in that, after you have played a while and have a better grasp of game you can do your own.

Kadin

Respec 10 skill points? No problem, you get some respec points naturally while completing quests.

Respect 50 skill points? Might be faster to just roll a new character.

If skill tree feels intimidating to the point where it might stop you from playing, you might want to consider following a build guide. There is no shame in that, after you have played a while and have a better grasp of game you can do your own.
Yeah I've played a good bit in the last year and I still use guides. I'm simply not good at figuring out synergies between skills, etc. I don't follow guides exactly any more but I definitely still use them to clarify when things seem off and get a build started in the right direction.

LogicStep

Is there a way to turn off global notifications? I got spoiled on Game of Thrones because some douchebag decided to name their character as a spoiler so whenever that dude does something, which he keeps getting server first or whatever it is, I keep seeing his name. Rather not get spoiled on anything else.

Kadin

Is there a way to turn off global notifications? I got spoiled on Game of Thrones because some douchebag decided to name their character as a spoiler so whenever that dude does something, which he keeps getting server first or whatever it is, I keep seeing his name. Rather not get spoiled on anything else.
I just saw that. I'm hoping that's not a real spoiler. I don't know how to not see those system notifications specifically. There's an option for some in the UI but I don't think these can be turned off.

LogicStep

I just saw that. I'm hoping that's not a real spoiler. I don't know how to not see those system notifications specifically. There's an option for some in the UI but I don't think these can be turned off.

Fucking bullshit. I googled a bit and it seems like there is no way to disable those.

Dahbomb

Well at least it doesn't matter that I wasn't able to leave work early today. This stuff happens every league like clockwork.

Does anyone want in on the GAF guild? I will send out invites to those who do when the servers are working. Just leave your character/account name in here.

Wish I could have made a thread on Gaming side for 3.0 release but I haven't had anytime to play any games at all last few weeks.
DantheBadass
IceBladeRaider

So is ES still worth it? Haven't played in a while. I have two main chars but IDK if they're still good:
- Lv43 Witch (ES) going for necro builds with shock/crit to go with Minion Instability.
- Lv51 Ranger (Dodge) with the lightning GMP, pierce and mana leech. Do I still get physical nodes or do I get elemental damage?

ES is like trying to build life as a Ranger now, you have to go into all of the Templar, Shadow, and Scion trees as a Witch to grab enough ES nodes to survive in endgame. I can't help with building minion characters though.

I prefer elemental damage as a Ranger because the Ranger has so many generic projectile damage nodes that apply to elemental damage and has nodes specialized for doing elemental damage, but building up a strong physical that gets converted to elemental works too.

Hopefully it's just Global Chat, which has a toggle up top. That'd be super stupid if GGG was dropping spoilers as announcements

Guild is now full. Does KKRT still check this thread? He is the leader and the only one who can kick excess members who don't play anymore. I've been getting requests from a few people to invite them.

KKRT00

Guild is now full. Does KKRT still check this thread? He is the leader and the only one who can kick excess members who don't play anymore. I've been getting requests from a few people to invite them.

Yes, i do and i will login tonight. I'm just really busy unfortunately today and was yesterday, sorry ;/

grimmiq

Small question, it's been a long time since I played this, I've noticed a lot of builds have gaps. Is this due to the Ascendancy system (which wasn't in when I played before)? Getting "Path of the _____" and using respec points to cut out connecting less useful nodes, creating what looks like 2 separate trees?

Dahbomb

Small question, it's been a long time since I played this, I've noticed a lot of builds have gaps. Is this due to the Ascendancy system (which wasn't in when I played before)? Getting "Path of the _____" and using respec points to cut out connecting less useful nodes, creating what looks like 2 separate trees?
Are you talking about the Scion class?

Not sure what other gaps you are talking about here.

Didn't realize how much I played today...

Got about 1/2 through act 7 and hit 52. Think it's time to call it a day. Plan tomorrow is to get into maps and at least have Merc lab done.

grimmiq

Are you talking about the Scion class?

Not sure what other gaps you are talking about here.

Yeah, talking about Scion, there's a build I'm looking at (others have had it too) where there's a 2-3 node gap in the tree, so there's 2 separate lines. The build has 'Path of the Ranger" in the ascendancy tree, which I think lets you use the Ranger's starting spot as a 2nd for the Scion, then using respec points to remove some of the less useful nodes afterwards. A lot of scion builds seem to do this and I just wanted to make sure I understand it properly.

The Intuitive Leap jewel can also create gaps in the passive tree, but not to the extreme that Scion can and the jewel is super hard to get, of course.

Getting the ability to start at a new class' starting area as Ascendant requires you to complete Merciless lab to get enough points to spec into it, so you'll either need a lot of regret orbs or get through Merciless lab sitting on unspent points.

inky

I stopped playing legacy about halfway through and didn't play beta. Didn't realize performance was this smooth now. GGG are gods.

Rufus

Did my Cruel ascendancy, switched to RF totems right after. It's working, but I've no idea how it compares to the pre-3.0 iteration yet, since I have a bunch of passives to pick up still. Don't have all the gimmicks (EO, EE, dual-curse) yet, either, which bit me in the Doedre fight. Took forever.

Also, getting all the links set up after a major switch like this is just a pain. At least my resists are capped.

LogicStep

So every duelist guide I see is 2.6 patch and they all go the strength side.. I've been going the dexterity side. Am I fucked or is there a dex build out there? I can't seem to find any.

Did my Cruel ascendancy, switched to RF totems right after. It's working, but I've no idea how it compares to the pre-3.0 iteration yet, since I have a bunch of passives to pick up still. Don't have all the gimmicks (EO, EE, dual-curse) yet, either, which bit me in the Doedre fight. Took forever.

Also, getting all the links set up after a major switch like this is just a pain. At least my resists are capped.

RF totems should be perfectly fine. I ran it during beta and had absolutely no problems cutting through everything.

Made really good progress on my RF Character today. Struggling to get all of my resistances capped. But I have pretty shit gear all around. Sitting at 5.7k life at level 75. I figure If I can spend 10-15c on a ring and buy a Belly of the Beast I'll be around 6.2-6.3k life.

Going to level to 80 than do uberlab.

squidyj

farmed uber lab today, picking up a death's door, a witchfire brew, and a RotP for some decent scores.
I've been underwhelmed by silver doors so far. the layout puts a silver door in the same room as a potential curious lockbox and it does the same in another room with a silver key so I've been doing a door every run and they don't seem very worthwhile
darkshrines have been great although you can only have 1 of the shrine effect darkshrines at a time so sometimes you have to think twice about risking bricking your shrine effect. I tend to do it because Im greedy for that unique/treasure key/twice enchanted.
The way things work now it feels like you have to think a little more about what you do in the lab.

Dahbomb

So every duelist guide I see is 2.6 patch and they all go the strength side.. I've been going the dexterity side. Am I fucked or is there a dex build out there? I can't seem to find any.
It depends on the build to be honest. Duelist can go either way. Slayer tends to go a bit more strength because all the 2h stuff is on the strength side.

But like you can easilly make a Champion non crit Frostblade build and pick up a lot of stuff from the Dex side. It's really dependant on the build.

Completed A10! What a ride, leveling is so much enjoyable now. Also A10 is an unexpectedly high difficulty jump. Next up: maps! And preparing for merc/uber lab.

"The Baron" is 3-4ex in poe.trade...ugh. I might have to think of an alternative build for my summoner. Farming 4ex might take a while.

The only problem i have with this game is, i just cant get enough of it.

Oh and time flies fast too!

Yeeep

Top Bottom