• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paul Gale Network Bullshit: "Star Fox Metroid: Fusion Saga" isn't real (no shit!)

Neiteio

Derailing a thread with shitty creepy fanart isn't bannable yet?
It's called a joke, having a sense of humor, not being so freaking uptight all the time, etc. In this case it also nicely sums up the "thematic" concerns people have with this franchise mash-up. It'll be OK.

Izick

It's called a joke, having a sense of humor, not being so freaking uptight all the time, etc. In this case it also nicely sums up the "thematic" concerns people have with this franchise mash-up. It'll be OK.

iGZq211NbeNyt.gif

Odoul

DO THIS YESTERDAY!

I would Day 1 a Wii U.

It makes so much sense. Yeah the art would have to be tweaked a little, but so what? Both series have had different artstyles between game and manuals, and even between iterations.

Izick

DO THIS YESTERDAY!

I would Day 1 a Wii U.

It makes so much sense. Yeah the art would have to be tweaked a little, but so what? Both series have had different artstyles between game and manuals, and even between iterations.

Before you get hyped, the guy has been backpedaling away from this quite a bit, and it was the same dude that said Rocksteady was making a TMNT game. On the other hand though, he did know about Sony All-Stars before anyone else though.

Neiteio

It's more like this: Gale knows an insider who was able to make a convincing case that at some point in time, the concept of a Star Fox and Metroid crossover, as described, was being considered.

That doesn't mean it ever advanced past the brainstorming stage. It may have been a pitch to Nintendo that wasn't green-lit, like the Sheik demo Retro allegedly worked on.

Alternatively, perhaps the project was green-lit. Even then, a number of things could've happened. Maybe shortly into development, they decided to make it all Star Fox... or all Metroid... or a new IP with no ties to the others... or a crossover involving even more Nintendo franchises.

Gale's tipster could only speak to this pitch having existed at some point... Not so much what's happened with it since then, if anything. That's my understanding of this.

Gale is not sensationalist, though. Well, I guess only he really knows that, but certainly he posts rumors of this sort only sparingly, and with heavy qualifications to check people's expectations, and his rumors have panned out true enough times to merit some consideration. Sometimes his sources are onto something, sometimes they're not.

The bottom line for us is, it's fun. It's fun to ponder something with this level of vigor, the sort of vigor GAF only gets when they think, "Hey, this might be real." It's fun to imagine what something we previously hadn't considered could be like. It's fun to think there are still things out there, still possibilities that could surprise us, weird us out, and challenge our preconception of things.

That's why sometimes the run-up to E3 is half the fun. :)

Maybe this would be an easier pill to swallow: Not "Star Fox - Metroid: Fusion Saga," but "FUSION SAGA: Star Fox - Metroid."

In other words, it's a new IP called Fusion Saga, and this one crosses Star Fox and Metroid in a tonally balanced, creatively reinterpreted, completely non-canonical way.

It even opens the possibility for other Fusion Saga installments down the road, with diferent crossovers as the subtitle...

I like the idea of this game in general and I think it could work (although you'd have to probably action up the Metroid bits to keep the pace some with Star Fox, I imagine)... but I like your idea even better.
A series that comes out every other year or so crossing over Nintendo franchises sounds better than Star Fox/Metroid.
...although better than THAT is a Nintendo crossover extravaganza where they mix and match almost all of their franchises. Or maybe even a Smash Bros. RPG.

Spiderduff

As crazy as this sounds, if it is a possibility I will hold my judgement until I see it in action. For all we know, it could be a crazy game. Sounds like a fun mix. I've played much much worst. Regardless, cannot wait for E3.

Neiteio

As crazy as this sounds, if it is a possibility I will hold my judgement until I see it in action. For all we know, it could be a crazy game. Sounds like a fun mix. I've played much much worst. Regardless, cannot wait for E3.
Spiderduff, before you go thrusting in the direction of E3, know this: Fusion Saga is not confirmed. But man, I'd love to see it be real.

Neiteio

Man, if you guys love the concept art so much you'll be absolutely floored with the five-minute-long (feels like 10) love scene set to Sergio Flores saxophone music. Only happens when you get 101% completion, though.

apana

Man, if you guys love the concept art so much you'll be absolutely floored with the five-minute-long (feels like 10) love scene set to Sergio Flores saxophone music. Only happens when you get 101% completion, though.

Oh is that what you kids call it these days?

apana

I know what the story will be. Samus and Fox team up to take on space hitler:

starfoxcom6-34bksr.png
starfoxcom6-35gjk2.png
starfoxcom6-36uk1k.png

Please tell me the starfox command endings have been posted a billion times in this thread. If not you are not doing your job NeoGAF!

jonno394

starfoxcom6-34bksr.png
starfoxcom6-35gjk2.png
starfoxcom6-36uk1k.png

Please tell me the starfox command endings have been posted a billion times in this thread. If not you are not doing your job NeoGAF!

I think this ending is good;

(Ending 4)Edit
Eventually, the comments of the populace become unbearable, as they start to hiss as she walks by, or would even declare her a traitor. She pulls away from Star Wolf to find a new life, fleeing to a distant galaxy and changing her name to Kursed (though the Japanese version contradicts it). She becomes a bounty hunter, chasing the worst in the galaxy. She runs into Fox years later on planet Kew, but she has changed so much, Fox did not recognize her.

Krystal and Samus Team up confirmed

The Lamp

So it's basically the Kingdom Hearts concept....but with Samus and Fox....in their own respective worlds....separate but together.

Okay.

JimiNutz

Banned
This sounds amazing.
Star Fox and Metroid games are both awesome but on rails flying/shooting segments can get boring if played for too long, and wondering around exploring isolated environments if fun too, but again can get boring if done for hours straight.
Combine the two together and you have a game that I could play forever!

Of course Samus and Fox are part of the same universe! Its called Nintendoland - see Smash Bros.

I wonder if they'll redesign fox slightly.

This sounds so outlandishly weird; a mish-mash of gameplay styles that worked out horrendously for the late Factor 5... I'm sure anything Retro makes will be good, but I hope this is just a scrapped brainstorming effort.

Ambitious

I haven't played the game (and do not intend to), but a few weeks ago I watched all the endings on YouTube. Tears of laughter. Jesus Christ, what the hell.

OMGWTFBBQ METRIOD IS RUNIED!!!1

Nintendo has a right to be silly with their franchises every now and then.
As someone mentioned earlier, this would make more sense than Pokemon x Nobunaga's Ambition.

EDIT: Why is Kirby being humped by a hamster in the first frame? 0_o

The hamser rolls kirby as he walks forward

The hamser rolls kirby as he walks forward

Ah, I see. Still he seems to be putting a lot of weight on Kirby, considering.

Which wasn't all that great with no Kremlins and reused assets in many levels.

Can't wait to play Metroid-Fox without Space Pirates

I agree with you about the no Kremlin thing sucking, but to be fair, there have been a few of Metroid games where the Space Pirates weren't the main enemy, and one where they didn't appear at all (Metroid II: Return of Samus).

starfoxcom6-34bksr.png
starfoxcom6-35gjk2.png
starfoxcom6-36uk1k.png

Theres no canon ending. Dylan Cuthbert said that, the story of Command was not important.
Im pretty sure the company that gets to do the sequel, that being nintendo, retro, Treasure or any third party that is not Namco (and they are never getting the series again thank god) would probably say fuck it, and do a game after 64 or after Adventures if they want to add Krystal.
The only thing im seeing returning from Assault would be Panther.
The story was never important, the only thing that people remember from the series story wise is "star fox going to to kick andross' ass"

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Theres no canon ending. Dylan Cuthbert said that, the story of Command was not important."

Well there is something important about the EAD designer Takaya Imamura, who created Fox McCloud and cast, and worked on Star Fox, and Star Fox 64.. personally drew and wrote those endings for Command.

I believe Cuthbert said he insisted. Whatever direction the series takes, I believe Imamura will be involved.

But addressing this silly rumor. The idea is something I think the parties tied to the franchises, would vehemently oppose!

Literally the only way this idea would work is if Nintendo made a spin-off, non-canon IP that combines two different series with each entry and the art style was really cartoony.

Otherwise, fuck this idea.

MisterHero

Hmm... my sources tell me its this:

Samus and Fox defeat Andross. They get into a friendly argument over how they're going to split the bounty.

Out of the shadows steps Mario, wearing an eye patch.

"I'd-a like-a to talk-a to you about the N-Team Inititiative! Woo Hoo!"

FADE TO BLACK

SAMUS AND FOX WILL RETURN IN CAPTAIN N
Yeah, all the Fox/Samus shippers are crazy

Samus falls in love with
Captain N

ther.
The story was never important, the only thing that people remember from the series story wise is "star fox going to to kick andross' ass"

The story is only the reason I played Command, since the gameplay kind of sucked ass. I'm sure I'm not the only who thought that way.

That being said, Dylan Cuthbert, he coming a programming background (one of the two original programmers of the tech demo that became Starfox), would say something like that.

Neiteio

Wow, Ken Levine's team made those WWII mock-ups? And that -is- curious that the ones they share are of Samus and Fox, lol.

Top Bottom