• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paul Gale Network Bullshit: "Star Fox Metroid: Fusion Saga" isn't real (no shit!)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Covering his ass with the word rumor does not negate the fact that his ass is exactly where it came from.
I don't know, unless you have some proof that he never had a source that fed him this rumour it's a little hypocritical to say he pulled it out of his ass since that's exactly where your accusation is coming from.

Neiteio

Hey Paul, will Retro's game be at E3? Surely if you know someone close enough to the company to start this rumor and then debunk, they could at least comment on whether their -real- project is far enough along to show at E3. Well is it?

I don't know, unless you have some proof that he never had a source that fed him this rumour it's a little hypocritical to say he pulled it out of his ass since that's exactly where your accusation is coming from.

I don't care if I'm being hypocritical. I do care if people continue to listen to fantasies labeled as rumors as anything beyond that.

Ein Bear

It's not even close to the same thing. The burden of proof is on the guy who stuck the rumor up in the first place, not people who doubt him.

It's like me making a thread saying SHENMUE 3 IS GETTING ANNOUNCED AT E3 FOR THE WII U!!! having "Some guy told me" as my only proof, then debunking it the day before the show. You'd hardly be pulling it out of your arse if you didn't exactly believe me.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I'll be willing to bet my right nut that Retro will reveal their new game at E3. Nintendo knows how important these guys are, specially with the hardcore crowd.

Neiteio

I'll be willing to bet my right nut that Retro will reveal their new game at E3. Nintendo knows how important these guys are, specially with the hardcore crowd.
With Uncharted 3 and Darksiders alumni working on Retro's new project, I'm sure it'll be a looker, something they could use to drum up interest for the system. But that's no guarantee that it'll make an appearance at the show. Reading the Iwata Asks for DKCR, it's a miracle that game made an appearance at E3, given how rough development had been up to that point (I.E. only two of eight bosses in functional order, when they only had from June to late October/early November to finish the rest).

Seik

Banned
OMG, hype flowing in my veins at high intensity.

THE POTENTIAL, GENTLEMEN!

The simple thought of a trailer about such things gives me chills, can't wait for E3.

To those who think this idea is ridiculous: Space = infinite, possibilities, both franchises implies two story about protagonists who travel in space. Why the hell not?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It's not even close to the same thing. The burden of proof is on the guy who stuck the rumor up in the first place, not people who doubt him.

It's like me making a thread saying SHENMUE 3 IS GETTING ANNOUNCED AT E3 FOR THE WII U!!! having "Some guy told me" as my only proof, then debunking it the day before the show. You'd hardly be pulling it out of your arse if you didn't exactly believe me.
Not the same thing since he constantly tempers people's expectations in the original article by stating he doesn't have confirmation of any of it. I would've had a problem if he started the thread here himself but that's not what happened. Someone else started the thread then most people didn't read the article and went wild with it. Not his fault.

OMG, hype flowing in my veins at high intensity.

THE POTENTIAL, GENTLEMEN!

The simple thought of a trailer about such things gives me chills, can't wait for E3.

To those who think this idea is ridiculous: Space = infinite, possibilities, both franchises implies two story about protagonists who travel in space. Why the hell not?

Several dozens of posts in this very thread have gone over "why the hell not" pretty extensively.

Regardless, it isn't happening.

KevinCow

Banned
The reporter in me obviously wanted the game to come to fruition, because landing this kind of scoop doesn't come every day.

Man. Stop it. You're not a reporter landing a scoop. You're a guy with a blog posting rumors he hears - and I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't making things up for attention. I get that you want some legitimacy as a games journalist, but this is not how you go about it.

You got lucky with the Playstation All-Stars thing. You got a good source. That got you some legitimacy. And now you're proceeding to squander all of it, from the way you present yourself to the news you report.

I'm not gonna go into detail on everything you do - like the way you constantly remind people about your website, whether you're linking to it, talking about it, or saying stuff like, "You read it here first, exclusively on Paul Gale Network! Stay tuned to Paul Gale Network for more information!" on most of your articles, or the way you only seem to post here on GAF in response to someone linking to your site or to link to your site yourself - but I will say this. Throwing rumors up on your site in the hope that some of them turn out correct and vindicate you isn't how you become a respected reporter. It's how you quickly become a joke, because most of those things are gonna turn out to be false. And if you're in it for the glory of being the first person to report certain things, then you're in for a huge disappointment, man. That doesn't happen very often, and people rarely remember who the first guy who got the scoop was anyway.

I dont think there has ever been a more fitting need for this picture:

Kornheiser_Why.JPG

Paul Gale:
images

apana

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/201...aking-star-fox-metroid-fusion-saga-for-wii-u/

Over the weekend I got the bittersweet update on the rumored Star Fox - Metroid: Fusion Saga game and since all of you here were very vocal about the title, some in favor and some against, at the end of the day your feedback was valuable and I appreciate it. Fortunately I was able to find things out once and for all...and with that said, E3 is sure gonna be a helluva lot more interesting!

Paul Gale this is an epic fail.

No shit it isn't happening. I didn't believe this rumor for a second. A game like that would make a bigger mockery of Metroid than Other M's story did. Nothing against Star Fox or anything, but anthropomorphic woodland creatures don't exactly fit Metroid's aesthetic.

Plus the way Paul presented his "source" wasn't particularly convincing or professional. No offense, but I don't think there was any "inside information" involved. I think either someone was bullshitting you or you made it up. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it was the former.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Man, how I love the "throw all the shit onto the walls and see which one sticks" attitude is construed as being an attitude a "journalist" would/should have.

That's really hilarious.

AntMurda

You really can not blame Paul Gale for posting wacky nonsensical rumors on his website. You can blame the gullible Nintenbozos who actually believed that nonsense and started wanking to retro studios and their holiness.

You really can not blame Paul Gale for posting wacky nonsensical rumors on his website. You can blame the gullible Nintenbozos who actually believed that nonsense and started wanking to retro studios and their holiness.
Not sure why you think the two are mutually exclusive. If we're talking blame I'd say there's plenty to go around.

TheNatural

My Member!
Man. Stop it. You're not a reporter landing a scoop. You're a guy with a blog posting rumors he hears - and I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't making things up for attention. I get that you want some legitimacy as a games journalist, but this is not how you go about it.

You got lucky with the Playstation All-Stars thing. You got a good source. That got you some legitimacy. And now you're proceeding to squander all of it, from the way you present yourself to the news you report.

I'm not gonna go into detail on everything you do - like the way you constantly remind people about your website, whether you're linking to it, talking about it, or saying stuff like, "You read it here first, exclusively on Paul Gale Network! Stay tuned to Paul Gale Network for more information!" on most of your articles, or the way you only seem to post here on GAF in response to someone linking to your site or to link to your site yourself - but I will say this. Throwing rumors up on your site in the hope that some of them turn out correct and vindicate you isn't how you become a respected reporter. It's how you quickly become a joke, because most of those things are gonna turn out to be false. And if you're in it for the glory of being the first person to report certain things, then you're in for a huge disappointment, man. That doesn't happen very often, and people rarely remember who the first guy who got the scoop was anyway.

Bitter much?

And LOL at the almighty standard of game journalism you think should be upheld. This thread got 900 plus posts, and I don't know if he made it up, but how many times does the oh so respectable gaming news world break, well, ANYTHING they hear? They don't. That is, unless they have an agreement with some publisher to be the exclusive reveal of something and throw some ads and positive previews and reviews in return for it. Gollee jeepers, how could anyone live up to such a high standard?

Maybe the guy reports half truths, or maybe 1/10th truths on hearsay, but at least it's something unrelated to who Gamestop pimps with GI or News Corp pimps with IGN.

I want more of this stuff, not less, even if it is 95% inaccurate, I rather like 1/20th of a truth from someone out there not kissing corporate ass than 100% of ad generative exclusivity bullshit from Gamestop, Ziff Davis, or News Corp.

Amir0x

Banned
god the Paul Gale network is terrible :mad:

"Here's a rumour from a trusted source!"
"We are now able to address this WILD RUMOUR with a source of ours: It's false!" *proceeds to list a bunch of obvious shit about Nintendo developments to act as if he really has tight sources*

And LOL at the almighty standard of game journalism you think should be upheld. [...] I want more of this stuff, not less, even if it is 95% inaccurate

I'm glad you're not in charge of game journalism, then. This is a ridiculous stance to take. You'd rather have a bunch of baseless lazy conjecture than real effort? What?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
This thread linked me to that awesome DC vs MK thread. All is good.

I'm glad you're not in charge of game journalism, then. This is a ridiculous stance to take. You'd rather have a bunch of baseless lazy conjecture than real effort? What?

But at least it isn't in the pocket of the Man!

I mean, it's not like there could be a third way that charts a course between publisher arse-licking and guy-with-a-blog posting crazy rumours...

monome

I can hardly dress in the morning due to massive bulging in my pants...
E3 is so close. so very close.

My everything is ready.

Fufufufufufu.

wrowa

Fact: We will see Castlevania as I previously reported and that's news that hopefully most gamers are excited about. "Good Castlevania" = great gaming.

Also fact: you've been pretty much the last one to report that rumour and still you are acting as if you broke the news.

duckroll

god the Paul Gale network is terrible :mad:

"Here's a rumour from a trusted source!"
"We are now able to address this WILD RUMOUR with a source of ours: It's false!" *proceeds to list a bunch of obvious shit about Nintendo developments to act as if he really has tight sources*

What? You mean you don't believe that Kojima is working on a circumcision serial killer game?! :lol

But at least it isn't in the pocket of the Man!

I mean, it's not like there could be a third way that charts a course between publisher arse-licking and guy-with-a-blog posting crazy rumours...

Of course there isn't a middle ground! Honest journalism is controlled by the government, MAN! I like my articles made by free-thinking frauds! The industry needs more page view trolling jokers like Jim Sterling and his ilk.

Seriously, TheNatural, do you realize how absurd you sound? How DARE anyone expect "integrity" from something as silly as video game journalism. Standards be damned! I want fun half-truths!

Top Bottom