• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PGS -- Windows 10 Game Handheld announced

CO_Andy

3031162-p2.png

PGS said:
CPU - Intel® Atom™ x7-Z8750 Quad-Core 2.4GHZ

DISPLAY - QHD IPS 2560x1440 (5.7*) (HD IPS 1280x720 (5.5*) for PGS Lite)

GPU - Intel® HD Graphics 600 MHz 16 cores

RAM - 8GB LPDDR3 1600 (4GB LPDDR3 1600 for PGS Lite)

OS - Windows® 10 (64-Bit), Android 6.0

STORAGE - 128GB SSD (64GB SSD for PGS Lite)

COMMUNICATION - 802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth® 4.0 + 3G/LTE (without 3G/LTE for PGS Lite)

BATTERY - Li-Po 6120mAh battery (Li-Po 4080mAh battery for PGS Lite)

ADDITIONAL - USB 3.0 Host, HDMI 2.0 Host, 3.5mm combo, Built-in 5.0 speakers (2.0 for PGS Lite), Built-in cam and webcam (8.0MP/2.0MP) (5.0MP/1.3MP for PGS Lite), Second HD IPS display (4*), Telescopic analog sticks (basic analog sticks for PGS Lite).

SIZE - 164.1 x 84 x 1.8 mm (160.0 x 81 x 1.4 mm for PGS Lite)

WEIGHT – 320 g. (245 g. for PGS Lite)
$250 for the premium version (Z8750, 8GB Ram 128GB storage). Almost sounds too good to be true. Unlike its rival (GPD) this company is unknown so take everything here with a grain of salt. PGS launches Q2 this year.

Youtube promo
gamedev post
Official site
Instagram

Gestault

If it can play games along the lines of Ori with no performance concerns, that's pretty rad. Though I think products like this are potentially redundant with the high-end smartphone market offering what it is (even accounting for the much-better traditional control inputs).

#TeamFake

TimmiT

Batman: Arkham City | medium-level graphics, HD-resolution, 27-32 FPS.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance | medium-level graphics, HD-resolution, 30-35 FPS.

Dark Souls 2 | medium-level graphics, HD-resolution, 32-37 FPS.

Mirrors Edge | minimum-level graphics, HD-resolution, 26-31 FPS.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim | minimum-level graphics, HD-resolution, 25-30 FPS.

DmC: Devil May Cry | minimum-level graphics, HD-resolution, 24-29 FPS.

Fallout 3 | medium-level graphics, HD-resolution, 31-36 FPS.

Fallout 4 | minimum-level graphics, SUB HD-resolution, 20-25 FPS.

GTA V | minimum-level graphics, SUB HD-resolution, ultra low patch, 21-26 FPS.

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt | minimum-level graphics, SUB HD-resolution, ultra low patch. 20-25 FPS.

If this is legit, doesn't seem like it runs games all that well anyway.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
wow that shot is very realistic, this thing will have dual monitors that let you have steam big picture and the windows 10 start screen up at the same time

also love the hydraulically powered analogue sticks???

oh and that it runs android 6 and windows 10

RowdyReverb

Every time I see one of these, all I can think of is streaming games to it from Steam/XB1/PS4 and whether or not the controls will work well in those instances

wow that shot is very realistic, this thing will have dual monitors that let you have steam big picture and the windows 10 start screen up at the same time

also love the hydraulically powered analogue sticks???

oh and that it runs android 6 and windows 10

You... Just nuked my sarcasm detector. Not cool :eek:

Team Fake.

No windows 10 handheld device would have Steam big picture in it's second screen. It would be Metro or the Windows Store.

RowdyReverb

If it can play games along the lines of Ori with no performance concerns, that's pretty rad. Though I think products like this are potentially redundant with the high-end smartphone market offering what it is (even accounting for the much-better traditional control inputs).

#TeamFake
It would be cool to have a portable that could tap into Steam's vast 2D indie library.

bomblord1

Banned
Nothing about this is unrealistic.

No seriously. Windows can easily recognize multiple displays and do that, the x7 has a pretty good GPU on it,
Tons of off brand tablets dual boot windows 10 and android. and the only weird thing is the sticks.

The price is a little too good to be true though

reKon

Banned
$250 for Intel x7 8gb ram 128 ssd? I got a bridge to sell to ya.

No way an Atom Processor and Intel graphics are outputting that resolution.

#TeamFake

Not saying this is real, but it's not like it's completely out of a question. Let me introduce you to cheap Chinese tablets, some of which runs Android Lollipop/Windows 10 with dual boot

http://techtablets.com/

I've seen chinese tablets that can dual boot windows and android. (I'm not saying this is real, though.)

^ This guy at lesat knows

No way. I'm calling fake.
If true E3 is gonna be wild.

Edit: Upon closer view it's gotta be fake or some third party device. No way this is official first party.

Looks super fake.

How would that thing close with those nubbins/analog sticks raised so high? Looks like a phone photoshopped onto another image.

Wish something like this were real though.

chocoedd

DISPLAY - QHD IPS 2560x1440 (5.7*)

how do you play a game on that high resolution and such a small screen? you need to squint on the HUD. also I don't think Intel Atom and Intel graphics can drive a 2560x1440 game.

Top Bottom