• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2016

Massa

Yup, he's restarted his ps4 a few times. And it's been around 20 hours now since he put the code in. I've asked for his login details so I can see whether I can download it from the web browser for him while he's at work.

Any other ideas guys?

Cheers :)!

By "restart" make sure he's fully powering it off not just using Rest mode.

Benedict

Have they removed the wish list on PSN PS4 store?
Can't find it on either EU or US, but there is a stupid thumbs up icon I haven't seen before.
Also some kind of "flash screen" whenever I go into info about the game and the format changes. Annoying as hell...

Is the last Fallout 4 expansion still slated for this week? I'm still working through Doom, but I need to know if there's anything else before Overwatch takes over my life.

Redhood

A couple of Vita game themes came out this week in NA:
Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir - $1.99 (3.9MB)
Atelier Sophie A-1 - Free (1.2MB)
Atelier Sophie A-2 - Free (1.3MB)
Atelier Sophie C - Free (738KB)

The Atelier ones lack custom music and are only a single background image and lock screen. Odin Sphere lacks custom music as well.

Oh wow! I love the C theme! It contains all the alchemists.

A little incorrect infor. A-1 and A-2 have more than one wallpaper. While C has one wallpaper that does not fade when moving between pages.

Uncharted 4 guys. Wow. Still trying to gather myself here. The last time I felt this devastated with a game's ending was Persona 4. And not because it was bad. No, as a matter of fact I think this is probably the most perfect ending to the franchise. That's the reason why I feel so sad. If you own a PS4, first and foremost PLAY THE TRILOGY if you haven't. Meet these characters, go out on an adventure with them. Then play 4. Come back to me and tell me what you thought.

Genkai Tokki Seven Pierates has a new trailer.

I like one of its tagline. "Grow with your Pies™." It adds food (Pie) to that cliched tagline "grow with your friends".

incpdo

This game hasn't been heard of in months, which is uncommon for a licensed Bandai Namco title. I think it might have gotten canceled.
You are probably right but I'm still hoping it will come out eventually at least Japan only.

Hey US-based PSNdealGAF, does anyone want an even bigger discount on stuff from the flash sale and need a few PSN bucks? Someone hooked me up with a $10 US code and I'm in Canada, so it won't work. $10 Canadian is under $8 US, and I'll gladly take the "hit" just to be able to get that fucking Golf Club game.

Someone please help (and get a bigger deal in the process), I'm having a shit week and would appreciate it. -.-"

Edit; Sorted, Massa is a fucking hero. ^_^

Pls
no.

Come on we got three otome last year and we have zero galge, all I'm saying is even the score.

And for the record I own all three. Amnesia is terrible, Norn 9 was good for one route but I didn't feel like doing the others, Code Realize is sitting on my shelf.

Come on we got three otome last year and we have zero galge, all I'm saying is even the score.

And for the record I own all three. Amnesia is terrible, Norn 9 was good for one route but I didn't feel like doing the others, Code Realize is sitting on my shelf.

You did it wrong.

Should've been "Code: Realize is amazing, Amnesia was good for one route but I didn't feel like doing the others, Norn9 is sitting on my shelf."

Saphirax

Isn't Xblaze kind of a galge?

And technically there's Steins;Gate along with the VNs from Sekai Project that we didn't get yet.

Isn't Xblaze kind of a galge?

And technically there's Steins;Gate along with the VNs from Sekai Project that we didn't get yet.

Haven't played Xblaze, doesn't look like one though. I wouldn't consider S;G a galge, it's too plot driven and the romance is pretty tertiary.

We both know Sekai Project will never release a Vita game.

Haven't played Xblaze, doesn't look like one though. I wouldn't consider S;G a galge, it's too plot driven and the romance is pretty tertiary.

We both know Sekai Project will never release a Vita game.

A galge is a game with mainly female secondary characters IIRC, and XBlaze does have that I suppose.

RK128

Remember when I said I would be making a Retrospective on the Vita/PSP?

I made one and its up on my site :). https://rk564.wordpress.com/2016/05...ive-sonys-fighter-entering-the-handheld-ring/

Going to wait a while before even considering putting it on NeoGaf, as I do NOT want the thread to be filled with 'Vita is dead' or other insulting things.

If you all want to check it out, give it a look :D. Might be adding images and editing it a bit later today, but just want to have the first draft up so you all can look at it :).

incpdo

Remember when I said I would be making a Retrospective on the Vita/PSP?

I made one and its up on my site :). https://rk564.wordpress.com/2016/05...ive-sonys-fighter-entering-the-handheld-ring/

Going to wait a while before even considering putting it on NeoGaf, as I do NOT want the thread to be filled with 'Vita is dead' or other insulting things.

If you all want to check it out, give it a look :D. Might be adding images and editing it a bit later today, but just want to have the first draft up so you all can look at it :).
Nice article . let me ask you tho what's the source for the amount of vitas sold? You mention 12 million. Wikipedia English mentions around 10 million . while Wikipedia Spanish mentions 13.70 million Vitas sold around the world.

RK128

Nice article . let me ask you tho what's the source for the amount of vitas sold? You mention 12 million. Wikipedia English mentions around 10 million . while Wikipedia Spanish mentions 13.70 million Vitas sold around the world.

I made a rough comment with that, so I thought 12 million was a good number.

autoduelist

Uncharted 4 guys. Wow. Still trying to gather myself here. The last time I felt this devastated with a game's ending was Persona 4. And not because it was bad. No, as a matter of fact I think this is probably the most perfect ending to the franchise. That's the reason why I feel so sad. If you own a PS4, first and foremost PLAY THE TRILOGY if you haven't. Meet these characters, go out on an adventure with them. Then play 4. Come back to me and tell me what you thought.

Yup, Uncharted 4 is a masterpiece in my opinion. I remember playing the first way back when, and it reminded how -fun- games could be. And then 2 blew the series up, and now here we are, old friends and new. So good. Favorite franchise ever for me.

wilflare

I played all the Uncharted games and I was honestly underwhelmed by the time 4 ended. It was a technical marvel for sure but the game just ended rather flatly

I really need to finish Steins;gate. I keep getting distracted by other stuff. It is very slow to start to be fair. Same as ToCS which I'm also struggling to power through.

VLiberty

I've started Uncharted 3 2 weeks ago and I've been barely playing it. But I'm not playing a lot these days, except for Rocket League

Yup, Uncharted 4 is a masterpiece in my opinion. I remember playing the first way back when, and it reminded how -fun- games could be. And then 2 blew the series up, and now here we are, old friends and new. So good. Favorite franchise ever for me.

I played all the Uncharted games and I was honestly underwhelmed by the time 4 ended. It was a technical marvel for sure but the game just ended rather flatly

Such polar opinions ahaha. Okay let me put it this way, the game is perfect yes. It does not beat The Last of Us in my personal opinion. I think Neil was on to something with that game but here's why: it was a new IP. UC4 had to use elements from the previous games, as to not break the status quo of the franchise. The game DID however borrow some elements from TLoU, like the tonal direction of the cutscenes, and you can also see the prowess of the level design carrying itself over from that game to this one, opening up your choices as you play. Again, I don't think there was any other way in which Neil could put an end to this story, without me being dissatisfied, and I think this opinion is pretty unanimous all across GAF and the web.

This game has me excited for the future of ND.

I've started Uncharted 3 2 weeks ago and I've been barely playing it. But I'm not playing a lot these days, except for Rocket League

UC 3 is probably my least favourite game in the series, so take that as you will. UC4>UC2>UC1>UC3

Massa

You all crazy, Uncharted 3 is the best game in the series (story wise at least, the combat had some balancing issues).

Qurupeke

Hello, I just bought a PS4 and I have a few questions. I don't know if this is the proper thread for that though, so if it's off topic please redirect me.

-How do I change the main menu? It has stuff like Playroom that I don't care about and it looks kind of atrocious.
-Are there folders or I'm mistaken?
-How do I change my profile pic?
-I've entered my name. Can other people see it?

Also, I've bought a card for PS+ subscription but I guess I shouldn't subscribe yet, right? I don't plan to play any online games for this month and the PS+ rewards aren't to my liking. Is there any other benefit?

Anyway, greatness awaits etc. My first PS console since PSX.

Hello, I just bought a PS4 and I have a few questions. I don't know if this is the proper thread for that though, so if it's off topic please redirect me.

-How do I change the main menu? It has stuff like Playroom that I don't care about and it looks kind of atrocious.
-Are there folders or I'm mistaken?
-How do I change my profile pic?
-I've entered my name. Can other people see it?

Also, I've bought a card for PS+ subscription but I guess I shouldn't subscribe yet, right? I don't plan to play any online games for this month and the PS+ rewards aren't to my liking. Is there any other benefit?

Anyway, greatness awaits etc. My first PS console since PSX.

In order;

- You can't, really. You can hide not frequently used items but I think it's on by default and doesn't apply to when you're new very much.
- No.
- I believe you can go to Profile > Profile Picture on the top navigation bar (not where the games are)
- Only if you've either got real name visible to everyone, or they've requested a real name.

- Yeah, you might as well wait for a discount or freebies you want.

Top Bottom