• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2016

Ephidel

Eugh, I was trying to do a backup and clear out of my Vita's save games and image folders to free up some space on the memory card but I started having problems where images didn't actually delete, they just became oddly corrupted versions of themselves instead.
In frustration I did a database rebuild hoping it would fix the problem, only to find that now it's (finally) done it's just gone and dumped all my screens into one great huge "Other" folder so now finishing this backup just became even more of a nightmare. Before I had semi-managable folders to go through, now I just have hundreds of images all mixed in together and if I just select all and try and copy the lot CMA's estimated time to completion just grows and grows and after a few minutes it just disconnects and gives up.
This means at the moment I'm stuck copying images across manually a few at a time. Is there a better/faster/easier way to back this stuff up than using CMA?
Edit: Okay, scratch that, never mind. It looks like QCMA is my saviour. I can't for the life of me get it to put them where I want them to go as changing the target directory doesn't actually seem to change anything, but it does seem to be copying them over lightning fast so I'm prepared to work around it by moving everything else that is in the target folder instead

BearChair

Has anyone tried Last Blade 2, specifically on Vita? I haven't seen any reviews yet, but I'm considering buying it. How's the emulation?

In a similar vein, I'm considering buying Z.H.P, too, because I want a rogue like to hold me over until Shiren the Wanderer.

Is it worth $20, should I hold out until a sale, or is there a better choice?

So I've started playing Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae on PS4, and you know what? I like it more than I thought I would.

It seems like a simplistic hack n' slash beat 'em up from the outside, but it's so hard (and geared towards precise movement and/or good technique) that I'm actually getting into it. If it was too easy I would've breezed through it already and probably not thought too much of it, but with all this trial and error "fight through by the skin of my teeth" gameplay I'm actually really enjoying playing through it.

Here's some gameplay I captured, fighting the 2nd boss (on normal);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX7EnCndHXk

ryseing

52NRq7v.jpg

ALIENATION PS4 - Probably disappointment of the year. This is a good game but my least favorite Housemarque game and I played them all as a fan. I like loot games but it seems tacked on here and not fun. Playing alone is impossible and playing online with someone is too easy. Helldivers did a lot of this better.

Have to disagree with you on Alienation. Thought it was brilliant and actually my favorite Housemarque game. Loot does feel tacked on for sure but the gameplay is top notch.

SMK

Has anyone tried Last Blade 2, specifically on Vita? I haven't seen any reviews yet, but I'm considering buying it. How's the emulation?

In a similar vein, I'm considering buying Z.H.P, too, because I want a rogue like to hold me over until Shiren the Wanderer.

I dunno about multiplayer because I bought it specifically to play alone, but the game fits great on the Vita. It's a barebones port, but if you want LB2 on the go it's perfect. There's some minor quibbles like missing heat effects and unlock popups, but nothing major.

Z.H.P is great. It's kinda hard to know when exactly it will go on sale though.

Danneee

Thinking about buying Silent Bomber on the Jap PSN store as its lIke a tenth of the price compared to the US disc one.
Does anyone know if the game is playable without knowing any Japanese?

Elessar

Neo Member
GAF!

Just got this in my mail. Based on the URL, looks like someone tried to access my account and pressed the "Forgot Password" button. But... Just warning you guys in case it's part of some large scale attack.

I regularly change my password but I'm gonna change it anyway right away via logging into the SEN page myself and not via the link even though it seems to be a legit URL.

EDIT: Image looks fine on my phone but might be huge on desktops. Sorry about that. I'll edit it once I'm back home.

UPDATE: What the hell. Got two more mails since then. Getting various errors regarding changing my password. Doesn't seem to work.

UPDATE: Thought I changed my password but neither that nor any of the previous passwords I've tried, work. Fuck!

FINAL UPDATE:

Tried requesting for a password reset mail (like the ones the piece(s) of shit(s) tried to get), but it kept asking for my original password. WTF Sony? Entered various passwords each time and it always didn't work.

Went back home and tried changing my password on my PS4 but it asked for my password (and I failed the auth of course), and it logged me out.

Decided to use the latest password reset mail sent to me from the piece(s) of shit(s) and finally managed to reset my password. Fucking hell GAF, I nearly died of a heart-attack. I've got thousands of dollars worth of content in that account.!

Sony, you better hurry the hell up and get 2FA up ASAP!

Bowl0l

GAF!

Just got this in my mail. Based on the URL, looks like someone tried to access my account and pressed the "Forgot Password" button. But... Just warning you guys in case it's part of some large scale attack.

I regularly change my password but I'm gonna change it anyway right away via logging into the SEN page myself and not via the link even though it seems to be a legit URL.

EDIT: Image looks fine on my phone but might be huge on desktops. Sorry about that. I'll edit it once I'm back home.

UPDATE: What the hell. Got two more mails since then. Getting various errors regarding changing my password. Doesn't seem to work.

UPDATE: Thought I changed my password but neither that nor any of the previous passwords I've tried, work. Fuck!
contact cs now.

Elessar

Neo Member
contact cs now.

I tried that, but its about 6.30pm here in Singapore, and about 3-something in the US. (I use a US account). CS line and online support starts at 6-ish am. But...!

Copypasta-ing my update:

Tried requesting for a password reset mail (like the ones the piece(s) of shit(s) tried to get), but it kept asking for my original password. WTF Sony? Entered various passwords each time and it always didn't work.

Went back home and tried changing my password on my PS4 but it asked for my password (and I failed the auth of course), and it logged me out.

Decided to use the latest password reset mail sent to me from the piece(s) of shit(s) and finally managed to reset my password. Fucking hell GAF, I nearly died of a heart-attack. I've got thousands of dollars worth of content in that account.!

Sony, you better hurry the hell up and get 2FA up ASAP!

Have to disagree with you on Alienation. Thought it was brilliant and actually my favorite Housemarque game. Loot does feel tacked on for sure but the gameplay is top notch.

I mean I don't think it was bad but it lacked new things in gameplay (it was very Dead Nation), the visuals were kind of blah generic, and overall quality was lacking as it seems unfinished. I did have a lot of fun with it.

Ranking of Housemarque games:

1. Resogun
  2. Super Stardust Series
  3. Dead Nation
  4. Outland
  5. Alienation

Footos22

Any word on the June PS+ games yet?

You wont find them out officially until next week as the update will be on the 7th June I believe. Sony are too incompetent to be able to put it out on the 1st every month. If the update for EU and US was still separate Eu would be getting it on time but cos of the American store missing it by a day we all lose.

fuck you grace chen

52NRq7v.jpg

ALIENATION PS4 - Probably disappointment of the year. This is a good game but my least favorite Housemarque game and I played them all as a fan. I like loot games but it seems tacked on here and not fun. Playing alone is impossible and playing online with someone is too easy. Helldivers did a lot of this better.

I have to agree. I had some fun with it but I'm not a fan of the "loot loop" structure and much prefer something like Dead Nation where it feels like your skills improve and not just your gear. It just feels like a big grind. The large open environments make it a much harder game to tackle on your own too. In the game's favour though it is fun to play coop and I appreciate how easy it is to drop into games. It looks pretty nice too.

My Housemarque ranking:
Dead Nation
Outland
Super Stardust (Particularly Delta on Vita)
Resogun
Alienation

Hikami

GAF!

I got this mail like 5 times some weeks ago. I just ignored it since I thought it was some sort of phishing scam. Haven't got any more mails and my account is fine. Sony definitely needs to get 2FA on PSN though.

RK128

Guys dragon quest builders is coming westward for ps4 and vita in october :)
https://youtu.be/_iSRidjaAWw

As i thought SE doesn't localize mostly only mobile-level vita games.

I heard that Project Susanta, the Mana game and that other game all ran badly on Vita. Could be completely wrong here, but that could be why they never brought it over (like how Gust didn't bring over the Vita version of Azure of Night).

I hope this means Dragon Quest Heroes 2 and World of FF still have their Vita versions brought over when they get localized.

Fantastic news hearing about Builders though; paints a nice picture for future Square support on Vita.

RK128

Any word on the June PS+ games yet?

Gone Home and NBA2K16 are rumored for PS4 but nothing else about the PS Vita/PS3 titles for next month.

I think we might get another PSP game for Vita in addition to a cross-buy indie game between PS3/Vita. But who knows honestly :l.

RK128

Gaming plans for the new few months changed; likely will have to by a new Vita soon :(. I keep getting the blinking orange light and if getting a new charger next week doesn't fix anything......will likely have to buy another Vita.

Ugh X(. This sucks honestly, as I really wanted to get a PS4 this year and I need to save up for college testing & paying bills at home :(.

Really, really hope the new charger fixes the battery issue.

Edit: Still getting the new battery charger kit but I fixed the blinking light problem; press the power button & the PS button at the same time and hold it for a bit. Keep doing that and it will let the Vita continue charging.

Chuy

Guys dragon quest builders is coming westward for ps4 and vita in october :)
https://youtu.be/_iSRidjaAWw

As i thought SE doesn't localize mostly only mobile-level vita games.
Looks interesting. Hope this sells well enough to justify DQH2 coming over as well. Loved heroes on the ps4 bur felt like i would enjoy more if it was portable.

Gaming plans for the new few months changed; likely will have to by a new Vita soon :(. I keep getting the blinking orange light and if getting a new charger next week doesn't fix anything......will likely have to buy another Vita.

Ugh X(. This sucks honestly, as I really wanted to get a PS4 this year and I need to save up for college testing & paying bills at home :(.

Really, really hope the new charger fixes the battery issue.

Edit: Still getting the new battery charger kit but I fixed the blinking light problem; press the power button & the PS button at the same time and hold it for a bit. Keep doing that and it will let the Vita continue charging.
How old is your Vita? You might still have a manufacturer warranty on it and could call Sony support I believe to see if they could repair it for free or at a nominal fee. Saves you money instead of having to buy a new vita. Unless you want to that is.

RK128

Looks interesting. Hope this sells well enough to justify DQH2 coming over as well. Loved heroes on the ps4 bur felt like i would enjoy more if it was portable.

How old is your Vita? You might still have a manufacturer warranty on it and could call Sony support I believe to see if they could repair it for free or at a nominal fee. Saves you money instead of having to buy a new vita. Unless you want to that is.

My Vita is three years old now.......so, going to order a new Vita charging wire and see what happens. If things work out? Then will just keep the thing plugged in as I always play it at home.

Things aren't working out? Well.....gotta buy a new Vita :l. I really don't want to buy one, as money is very tight.

Edit: Found a easy fix for the moment and found a new way to charge the Vita; plugging it in to the USB port of my Lamp and it fully charged the Vita. Will keep doing this until I get the power kit next week :). Glad to find a fix to my problem.

autoduelist

I just platinumed Alienation and definitely don't get the hate. It's a super polished Dead Nation with crazy ass particle effects, greatly refined gameplay, easy peasy drop-in drop-ouut 4 player coop and Diablo lewt. Such a good game. I wouldn't even try to rank it against other Housemarq games though because I think they nail it every time.

ZHP is cool. You basically start each dungeon at level 1, but with the lewt from previous endeavors. It works well. My only real issue w/it is that there's this odd meta-game [home base] where you basically create this complex circuit board like construct for permanent player boosts, but the system is overly complex and obtuse. But still, very much worth the pickup. I waited for a sale forever and finally bought it full price after decided it would never go on sale... it went on sale a month later, and once more since then iirc. Just buy it.

You wont find them out officially until next week as the update will be on the 7th June I believe. Sony are too incompetent to be able to put it out on the 1st every month. If the update for EU and US was still separate Eu would be getting it on time but cos of the American store missing it by a day we all lose.

fuck you grace chen

What the hell? They announce ps+ games on the last Thursday of the month and they put them up the first Tuesday. As long as they keep to a schedule, what the hell does it matter if it's the '1st' of the month, or the first Tuesday, or the 15th? We get them every month. I swear, it's like people that get upset the store updates at 2pm PST instead of say, midnight, as if it matters... if they switched it to midnight, people would just want it the day before.

I swear, it's like people that get upset the store updates at 2pm PST instead of say, midnight, as if it matters... if they switched it to midnight, people would just want it the day before.

I just wish they'd put them up at a solid time, instead of this "when we get around to it" shit, I don't think that's too much to ask.

RK128

I just wish they'd put them up at a solid time, instead of this "when we get around to it" shit, I don't think that's too much to ask.

I agree; it would be nice knowing if what we are getting for Plus a week before the month starts. June is starting this Wednesday.....so, what is Sony's hold up?

Either way, Sony going to Sony I suppose :l.

RK128

Man, this is honestly a nice surprise :).

So, this indicates the following games will land on Vita in the future; SaGa, DQ Builders, World of FF and DQ Heroes 2. The I am Susanta game not landing on Vita was due to performance issues rather then not caring about the platform.

Very good on Square Enix's part and I am thankful to hear this great news!

Benedict

Really tempted to buy The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited Imperial Edition. It's on sale for 239 sek.
Played the beta on PC long time ago and enjoyed it. Is it good on PS4?

shmoglish

I agree; it would be nice knowing if what we are getting for Plus a week before the month starts. June is starting this Wednesday.....so, what is Sony's hold up?

Either way, Sony going to Sony I suppose :l.
We don't get the plusgames next week, so it is like always.

incpdo

So October is turning into a month that will rape my wallet.
and i have yet to buy Severed, Downwell and Assasin's Creed Chronicles among others.

I cant wait anymore for Odin sphere and now for Dragon Quest Builders.

Homefront the Revolution is the worst remote play experience I've seen. Aim and shoot (L2/R2) are mapped to the touchscreen top left/right, as well as sprint in the bottom left (L3.) It's so bad it's unplayable.

RK128

Homefront the Revolution is the worst remote play experience I've seen. Aim and shoot (L2/R2) are mapped to the touchscreen top left/right, as well as sprint in the bottom left (L3.) It's so bad it's unplayable.

Ugh X(.

That sounds really unplayable :(. Literal SHOOTING with the rear touch pad is horrible and lacks the feedback needed for fun gunplay. That on top of the performance issues leads to a very badly controlling game.

From what I heard in general the game is a wreck as is on the actual console anyway. I watched some footage on Youtube recently, and dear lord.

RK128

From what I heard in general the game is a wreck as is on the actual console anyway. I watched some footage on Youtube recently, and dear lord.

I know :(.

Such a same too; they could of ironed things out if they had a few more months to work on the project I feel.

But stuff happens and we end up with poor games because of a number of factors out of the studios control.

I know :(.

Such a same too; they could of ironed things out if they had a few more months to work on the project I feel.

But stuff happens and we end up with poor games because of a number of factors out of the studios control.

The original game was actually quite decent so I had a bit of interest in this one. Such a shame that they did what they did to the brand. It was literally sent out to die and they absolutely knew it.

RK128

The original game was actually quite decent so I had a bit of interest in this one. Such a shame that they did what they did to the brand. It was literally sent out to die and they absolutely knew it.

Colin from Kinda Funny Games talked about how decent the game was too, so was hoping for the sequel to be better.

But after its long and troubled development, I could image the new studio literally wanting to wash their hands of the project as soon as they got it in a playable state. The comments they made about the game post launch and in the credits kinda make that moot though.

They want to make more games in the game's world setting and they have single player DLC for the title coming.

Top Bottom