• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2016

Just saw that Retsnom will be hitting PS4 tomorrow. Tons of mixed reviews everywhere but if it comes in at $4.99 I'll definitely check it out. Watched some gameplay vids out there and I'm always down for a puzzle platformer if it's got a bit of meat on it. Solid difficulty is a plus.

Buy Severed, 'cause I want a sequel. ^_^

It'll be interesting if Drinkbox revisits that story for a follow-up. Platted the game and loved it-- definitely wanted more-- so I wouldn't complain if a sequel came out.

What happened to this thread and site?

u6I5Av1.jpg

Battleborn Beta PS4 - This is two different modes pasted together into a mess. MOBA which is the simplest MOBA I have ever played and a horde type gameplay. Both of them seem like bad Borderlands 2 mods. Nope.

FpVHt03.jpg

Overwatch Beta PS4 - This is a good quality Team Fortress 2 type game. Silly amount of very different classes which is overwhelming at first. I am pretty sure it is imbalanced which is inevitable but it will be fine as long as everyone doesn't do the same character:
jrOnxgu.jpg

azeOmkG.jpg

Party Hard PS4 - Not very good 2D stealth type game. Here is a video on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqLIAiNmu-Y

Pi2AGla.jpg

Table Top Racing PS4 - Real PS+ turd. Beach Buggy Racing is a better kart game.

QqOd3QU.jpg

Ratchet and Clank PS4 - Amazing. My love for this series has returned.

PJCCeU8.jpg

Uncharted 4 PS4 - Only halfway through but it is amazing.

TERQGJf.jpg

The Golf Club PS4 - I got it for $5 and it is not bad. I think EA's game is better overall because TGC's controls, gameplay, and looks are just not as good. TGS does a lot of things better including playing against friends ghosts, course editor with fast downloading of user created courses and less unnecessary crap. Still both games look and run like poop. I thought we would be better with golf games in 2016. Save me Hot Shots.

ZvRQnPx.jpg

Scrabble PS4 - For licenced Ubisoft bare minimum standard fare it is not bad. It is no Boggle.

Star Wars Games:

Jedi Starfighter - Yes
Racer Revenge - Yes
Bounty Hunter - Nope

LaFOa87.jpg

I bought Homefront (haven't played yet) with an Amazon pre-sale discount instead of Doom because I make poor decisions.

RK128

What happened to this thread and site? .

People fell out of Vita Gaf and decided to post about Vita elsewhere I imagine :l.

I know I felt less of a need to post here as....I have little to contribute to Vita discussion and been very busy writing up my Retrospectives. But with June coming, I will hopefully be getting enough money to get some Vita titles and be able to talk about them with you all :).

Just feel bad that I haven't posted much here and I hope that with my Vita Retrospective piece, I will start writing about the Vita more in the future, hence having stuff to contribute to the thread.

anyone know what all is included in that toukiden 2 demo?

1.6GB seems like it could be somewhat expansive but really the size is a weird medium. I expect the full game to butt up against cart limits.

maouvin

Finally!

anyone know what all is included in that toukiden 2 demo?

1.6GB seems like it could be somewhat expansive but really the size is a weird medium. I expect the full game to butt up against cart limits.

If it goes like the PS4 demo, there's quite a lot of ground to mess around (and you can find big onis around and simply fight them), 4 weapons (bow, longsword, swordwhip and sword+shield), tutorials for each weapon and mitama type and 9 missions structured like the previous games - accept, go to the gate, get into an area to fight a big oni.

From the footage, Toukiden 2 Vita is uglier than Kiwami, so there's your compromise.

that exploration explains the large size, thanks. I'm not too fussed with the lack of GRAFX but I hope there's a good deal of color. I found myself a bit bogged down by the greys and browns in the first game.

You might be in trouble now that airship q will have an English update.

that game really does not appeal to me in the same way. they definitely seem similar but the things it does differently don't interest me. Might pick it up anyway, but I don't expect to. Especially since by the time it comes out I'll probably have gotten pretty much everything terraria has to offer me and will have moved on.

Baekshi has downloaded the Toukiden 2 demo and is sharing a bit. Anyone else care to offer their thoughts? I'm looking forward to this one:

that game really does not appeal to me in the same way. they definitely seem similar but the things it does differently don't interest me. Might pick it up anyway, but I don't expect to. Especially since by the time it comes out I'll probably have gotten pretty much everything terraria has to offer me and will have moved on.

Baekshi has downloaded the Toukiden 2 demo and is sharing a bit. Anyone else care to offer their thoughts? I'm looking forward to this one:

It's definitely ugly, but it plays alright. Playing around with the chain whip, and did a little messing with the longsword - definitely prefer the chain whip so far.

incpdo

It's definitely ugly, but it plays alright. Playing around with the chain whip, and did a little messing with the longsword - definitely prefer the chain whip so far.

Yep its uglier but seems a lot of fun
below its video of the demo on playstation tv . its the only one i found on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAC2uIpZrjU

Ill buy the game day one to show support to this company , their support never left the Vita and thats awesome.

Vitagaf is split between 2 threads and there hasn't exactly been a huge amount of announcements for a while now. That and most of Vitagaf has been banned at this point or just sticks to line.

I only hang out in the Vita line chat, occasionally check this thread and refresh the upcoming games thread daily to check if i missed any Vita announcements.

I also preach about the Vita on Twitter but that's about it. GAF hasn't been kind but whatever.

maouvin

Toukiden 2 Vita performance is sad (comparing to the previous titles). Graphics are ugly, but it's mostly the low-res environment textures as the models look alright.

But the framerate takes a hit whenever special effects happen and, if you played any other Toukiden, you know it happens a lot. KT can still tweak some stuff, like toning down effects and making the rest of the world impossible to be seen from inside the "battle ring" when you're fighting a big oni. Don't know if they can make the Vita version feel above "serviceable" though, because there's just so many things you can downgrade and the open world and higher enemy density take their toll.

I plan to finish the demo on Vita between Overwatch sessions this week. Will jump back on the PS4 version too to see how performance is after the patch.

edit: performance gets considerably better past the forest area. There's hope. If they nail the performance when fighting big onis, it'll work.

Honey Bunny

I'm wondering if anyone else in EU is having trouble updating games, the store app, anything recently?

I bought a new PS3 today and it'll download games fine, but when it comes to specifically updates it often fails or stalls. But then I tried my old PS3 and now that's got the same issue. So I'm guessing it's a temporary PSN issue but my return window for the new console ends soon so I'm making sure.

Dragon Quest Heroes is on sale right now for $32.49. I've been on and off tempted by the game, but does anyone have any strong opinions on it? Is it worth $32?

I'll be honest in that I've never actually played a musou game (is that the correct term??), but I'm a big fan of the DQ franchise.

RK128

I Am Setsuna is going to be $40.
Yeah no thanks

And no Vita version kills any chance of getting the game day one for me too :l.

Will still give it a shot whenever I get a PS4 and it goes down in price :).

Dragon Quest Heroes is on sale right now for $32.49. I've been on and off tempted by the game, but does anyone have any strong opinions on it? Is it worth $32?

I'll be honest in that I've never actually played a musou game (is that the correct term??), but I'm a big fan of the DQ franchise.

I never played it, but everything I saw from it really reminded me of Hyrule Warriors if you ever played/saw that game in action. Basically, its an action title with role playing game elements (you level up, store up health restore items, ect) and you play as familiar Dragon Quest characters across the entire series. The game looks fantastic on PS4, runs quite well and with the amount of leveling up you will be doing the game can last a very long time.

I guess the best thing I can say is that if you liked Hyrule Warriors or enjoyed whatever you saw of the game, this is a larger version of that title if that makes sense.

I never played it, but everything I saw from it really reminded me of Hyrule Warriors if you ever played/saw that game in action. Basically, its an action title with role playing game elements (you level up, store up health restore items, ect) and you play as familiar Dragon Quest characters across the entire series. The game looks fantastic on PS4, runs quite well and with the amount of leveling up you will be doing the game can last a very long time.

I guess the best thing I can say is that if you liked Hyrule Warriors or enjoyed whatever you saw of the game, this is a larger version of that title if that makes sense.

Thanks for the reply. I've never looked into Hyrule Warriors as I tend not to follow games that aren't out for the systems I own (PS4 and Vita). I looked up some gameplay videos of both DQ Heroes and Hyrule Warriors though, and they look like fun. And going by HowLongToBeat, it looks like it hovers around 30 hours which is solid.

Anyone else have actual time with the game?

RK128

Thanks for the reply. I've never looked into Hyrule Warriors as I tend not to follow games that aren't out for the systems I own (PS4 and Vita). I looked up some gameplay videos of both DQ Heroes and Hyrule Warriors though, and they look like fun. And going by HowLongToBeat, it looks like it hovers around 30 hours which is solid.

Anyone else have actual time with the game?

Happy to help :D!

If you get the game, hope you enjoy it :).

I have the day off so decided to buy some other games to give me a break from dark souls plat grinding. Not working today due to being sick (and working 80+ hours the last two weeks) so I figured I'd take advantage of maybe some overwatch, doom , and valkery,,

Unfortunately, my newest credit card that has worked previously, although not saved on my computer or PSN, will not work.

Talked to a rep on the phone and she said it is probably due to maintenance but I can try buying psn cards and trying those, they have more success during tues. maintenance,

Haven't tried the 3rd party PSN card yet, but I am a bit bewildered that the typical game release follows this schedule. maybe sony assumes people will preload/preorder?

DS3 covenants spoilers

It is frustrating, as I don't want to keep grinding for convents on DS3... I suck at PVP (using a samurai sword build, not exactly ideal. Cannot even respect due to the pvp aspect as I used all my fingers initially since I was stupid and didn't know what they did..

I apologize if I gave out any info prior to adding spoiler tags..

Anyone have experience using psn cards during server updates?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
How is Life is Strange's performance on the PS4?
It's only 10 bucks. Is it worth it?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
I think the first episode is still free. Try it out.
I don't remember there being a problem with it.

I remember something about lip sync problems. Was that fixed?

Ventara

Kinda surprised that the $40 price tag for Setsuna is turning a lot of people off. I was planning to pass on it anyways until a deep sale since they snubbed the Vita, but the price seemed reasonable for me for a JRPG.

RK128

Kinda surprised that the $40 price tag for Setsuna is turning a lot of people off. I was planning to pass on it anyways until a deep sale since they snubbed the Vita, but the price seemed reasonable for me for a JRPG.

I was surprised by the backlash about that to, considering the game is comparable to a 3DS or Vita JRPG in scope, size and budget.

theDeeDubs

Not sure if it came out this week or last week, but I decided to take a chance on Shadwen. I'm a sucker for stealth games though.

What is it with devolver games and cross buy not working day one? Hatoful holiday had the same problem. Downwell shows up in my download list after buying on vita for ps4 but the downloaded game keeps saying update or cant laucnh. When I check PSN, it doesn't have download but a $4.99 buy button for it. :/

Glad I thought ahead and got this on Vita instead of buying on PS4 to get Vita free.

52NRq7v.jpg

ALIENATION PS4 - Probably disappointment of the year. This is a good game but my least favorite Housemarque game and I played them all as a fan. I like loot games but it seems tacked on here and not fun. Playing alone is impossible and playing online with someone is too easy. Helldivers did a lot of this better.

VBGPsco.jpg

Mr. Pac Man PS4 - It is still a classic. I appreciate the no fluff and how quickly they load. Good price. I want more of these classic games I have already bought 10 times already.

HQ36VFV.jpg

A Virus Named Tom Vita - This is a boring circuit puzzle game that you need solve Pac Man style without getting hit by a ghost. I did not like it.

Jrh8Let.jpg

Risk of Rain Vita - This roguelike is OK. Dropping the difficulty made the game a lot more fun. Takes a little while to get use to C64 era platforming physics, and gameplay of waiting for a gun to recharge and dodging most of the time.

2016 GOTY
  1. Trackmania Turbo
  2. Uncharted 4?
  3. Not a Hero
  4. Ratchet and Clank
  5. The Division
  6. GALAK-Z

RK128

Steins;Gate 0 is coming over this year woooo!

That is amazing news :D! I know many of you guys loved the original Vita game, so its nice that you all can play the sequel this year :).

Want to watch the anime at some point, as I heard nothing but good things about it.

Top Bottom