• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
100mbps (around 115 usually) and shit takes ages. MotoGP which is around 1.5GB takes over 100minutes.

That's horrible!

I'm actually connected wirelessly on my PS3/4, and it doesn't take nearly that long to download a gig. As I said before, about 30 minutes.

I'm in Los Angeles, for geographic reference.

Novocaine

A figure would have been great. Not a fan of art books. If I loved the art of a game (and this game's art is great) I'd rather have a poster. Better yet, hand numbered limited edition poster. Better still, signed by the devs/artist. That'd be something to frame and cherish. At least a guide with pictures is functional. A 'making of' book detailing the development process and behind the scenes would be a fun read. A generic book of not even full page artworks I've seen already will just rot on my shelf after the first flick-through. Just me?

Actually yeah, a good poster would shit on an art book. I still have a few art books from collectors editions that I haven't even taken the plastic off. At least with a poster I could frame it and mount it which means it would get looked at more often.

anyone else get Sly on Vita from the crossbuy thing on their UK copy of Sly and also have PS+?

i wanna know if i get sly on PS3 via PS+ will it some how suck my digital copy on vita into ps+

Both Soul Sacrifice and Wipeout 2048 did it with my online pass and something else which i can't remember

Sly on Vita comes up free too, I had to "buy" both the Vita and PS3 versions separately though.

So Toukiden is sinking its claws in now that I've been playing it at work. I'm up to the 4th set of missions. I didn't notice the records menu until today which helps so much. It's nice that basically everything in the game is explained in some form or another, which is a slight gripe I had with Soul Sacrifice. Then again playing totally blind was sort of cool too I suppose. I have too many open quests and I feel I should stop progressing the story and clear them out.

Thanks for comments on spots. Yes only noticed in dark plane with black screen so will keep for now.

Ubisoft HD games worthy of $5?

Avoid Splinter Cell HD collections because they suffer from framerate drops. Double Agent is the best of the lot but I played it on 360, don't know how it fares on PS3.

PoP 2008 has nice art and cel shading graphics and decent gameplay.

Can someone explain what's a roguelike exactly? Honestly, I don't understand that term at all

Usually random or procedurally generated content, unforgiving gameplay and when you die you start over.

Examplea are FTL and Rogue Legacy.

Zhao_Yun

It's great. Don't get too used to using AI characters, tho - having them will buff the enemies, and they quickly stop being effective meat bags and you advance through the game.

The OT is a bit dead, but we still lurk there to answer to new player's questions :)

sounds good. Was a bit worried that the lack of players online hurts the game experience but it's good to hear that you can play alone as well!

Very good :) I've spent 70 hours in single player to get platinium trophy.

Just make sure you take best character

#teamelf

I was actually planning to play the elf ;)

maouvin

VitaGAF I have a problem.

I have become addicted to Destiny of Spirits for some unknown reason.

Help me.

I feel you, bro. But after playing almost nothing else since it launched, the spark died this monday and I can't get to do more than one area/day since then (even got great blessing today, but got tired of farming after a while).

So I can assure you that aye, it's possible to move on from it. Best of luck to you.

joe2187

Banned
I feel you, bro. But after playing almost nothing else since it launched, the spark died this monday and I can't get to do more than one area/day since then (even got great blessing today, but got tired of farming after a while).

So I can assure you that aye, it's possible to move on from it. Best of luck to you.

Well I've hit a roadblock of sorts, I have nearly 30,000 Summoning rocks but like 140 blue orbs, so Im at a dead end since I cant merge spirits or summon help during higher level fights.

Hubb

Well I've hit a roadblock of sorts, I have nearly 30,000 Summoning rocks but like 140 blue orbs, so Im at a dead end since I cant merge spirits or summon help during higher level fights.

The exact opposite problem here. I can't get Summoning stones for the life of me, but I have a ton of spirit.

Prelude.

Is the PSN down?

Edit: Apparently not. I couldn't log in for 5 minutes for some reason.

Help me.
I'm in the same boat. :(

I have actual games to play.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So after being almost scared to backup my 32Gb card, it only took a couple of hours (via USB to a mac). Now ready to upgrade :)

Certinty

It's actually quite a shame how Moto GP 13 and WRC 4 both look on the Vita, great games putting their visuals aside.

nampad

Not seeing any Vitagaf regular talking about Deception at all. No interest in the game?
Thinking about buying it. Building crazy contraptions to kill people does sound nice.

Ogawa-san

Not seeing any Vitagaf regular talking about Deception at all. No interest in the game?
Thinking about buying it. Building crazy contraptions to kill people does sound nice.
There's an OT thread, the dozen people that got it hang around there.

I got it on Vita, my first Deception game too, and have put a few dozen hours on it. Good enough to make me get Trapt once I clear my backlog a bit. What's not to like about a game where you build dark Rube Goldberg machines?

Tapejara

K, so, weird problem. I unplugged my headphones from my Vita and the system auto-muted like it's supposed to, but now I can't change the volume. Pressing the volume buttons seems to only change the volume for a bluetooth device, but I'm pretty sure I don't have any saved on my system.

Anyone have this happen? I assume just rebooting the Vita will fix it.

Edit: I was right, rebooting fixed it. Though it's still odd that the Vita would think I had a Bluetooth device connected...

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Help me.
Just don't spend any money and you'll fizzle out. The drip will start dripping too slow and then you'll get fed up with it and stop. I'm still in a decent spot, I want to unlock Europe and grind out enough summons until they feel repetitive or the game gets too hard and I'll stop.

nampad

Damn, how is there a 15gb difference between the Vita and PS3 version of Sly?

Stuff the other guys said plus all localizations. The Vita versions does have different game downloads for different language combinations.
Looking at the previous pages, the PS+ version unfortunately doesn't give you all versions to download.

Drago

(sorry if somewhat off topic)

I am about to bite the bullet on an import white Vita 2000 and a 64gb memory card and I'm gonna sell off my old 1000 to help fund it (no regrets! the new Vita looks so much nicer and more comfortable, I can easily stomach a screen downgrade for it)

I was just wondering how I would go about backing up saves and everything before I sell it? Can I back everything up to a computer and import it to the new Vita? I can do that with PS+ too yeah? At least with saves. I imagine it will be a mostly smooth transition since I can just redownload all of the games I have but I have a few saves I need to keep. I haven't really used the Vita content manager on my computer much other than some photo transfers, so any help is appreciated. Thanks!

(Side note; anyone have any experience with SuperUFO.com? They have the cheapest prices and they seem to be reputable but I'd like some GAF testimony if there is any.)

ramyeon

(sorry if somewhat off topic)

I am about to bite the bullet on an import white Vita 2000 and a 64gb memory card and I'm gonna sell off my old 1000 to help fund it (no regrets! the new Vita looks so much nicer and more comfortable, I can easily stomach a screen downgrade for it)

I was just wondering how I would go about backing up saves and everything before I sell it? Can I back everything up to a computer and import it to the new Vita? I can do that with PS+ too yeah? At least with saves. I imagine it will be a mostly smooth transition since I can just redownload all of the games I have but I have a few saves I need to keep. I haven't really used the Vita content manager on my computer much other than some photo transfers, so any help is appreciated. Thanks!

(Side note; anyone have any experience with SuperUFO.com? They have the cheapest prices and they seem to be reputable but I'd like some GAF testimony if there is any.)
You won't regret it, the 2000 is a great upgrade. And the screen is better in a few respects too imo.

SuperUFO have great prices and most people have said their shipping is fast too. I just bought a second 2000 from them and the only downside I've found is their communication sucks. No emails to confirm anything and the status of my order didn't even change on their site after it shipped lol. They did update it with a tracking number though thankfully.

Drago

You won't regret it, the 2000 is a great upgrade. And the screen is better in a few respects too imo.

SuperUFO have great prices and most people have said their shipping is fast too. I just bought a second 2000 from them and the only downside I've found is their communication sucks. No emails to confirm anything and the status of my order didn't even change on their site after it shipped lol. They did update it with a tracking number though thankfully.
Alrighty, then I'm gonna go through with them then. $300 for the system, 64gb memory card, and UPS/FedEx/DHL shipping can't be beat :D
Hope my 1000 sells quickly, I'd love to have it ordered by Sunday.

And I guess I would just do a system backup on the computer for my current Vita and then restore it on the new one? Will that work?

ramyeon

Alrighty, then I'm gonna go through with them then. $300 for the system, 64gb memory card, and UPS/FedEx/DHL shipping can't be beat :D
Hope my 1000 sells quickly, I'd love to have it ordered by Sunday.

And I guess I would just do a system backup on the computer for my current Vita and then restore it on the new one? Will that work?
Yep, certainly would!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom